English improving

luciusma

Reputation score
How I can improve my English proficiency? I have problems with grammar

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
How I can improve my English proficiency? I have problems with grammar
Read books. In English. Many books, and not the ones with pictures. I'll sink in eventually.
Staying away from grammar-abusing places & stuff would help (most forums, reddit, light novels...).

Alternatively, if you've got the basic grammar, buy some kids' homework / summer hoomework books (according to your level), and practise.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Read books, in English, many books and not the ones with pictures. It'll sink in eventually.
Staying away from grammar-abusing places & stuff would help (most forums, reddit, light novels...). all social media.

Alternatively if you've got the basic grammar, buy some kid's homework / summer hoomework books (according to your level) and practice.
Since this is a thread about proper English; I've grammar, punctuation and spelling Nazi'ed your post.

Decent suggestions though.

Note: I'm unsure if you're telling them to buy a book off a kid, or books made for kids. I'm assuming the former so 's , s' is only used when the word naturally ends with an s. I suppose you could also intend to have him go buy homework books from multiple kids in which case it would be s' but that seems a little dicey...

Last edited:

kazuyakam

Reputation score
I think it can be hard task. Truly say I am bad in English a little. I attend to grammar class and try to read many books in English. Writing compositions with bad English skills is bad idea, because you will have a lot of grammar mistakes and better and get some help.

Last edited:

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Since this is a thread about proper English; I've grammar, punctuation and spelling Nazi'ed your post.

Note: I'm unsure if you're telling them to buy a book off a kid, or books made for kids.
That's fair enough 😅
Additional advice: make sure you're not too tired when you test yourself, or you'll make a poor display of whatever you are supposed to know already...

I meant both, actually (and somehow my brain thought it was a great idea to garble both sentences into a single one):
- buy some used textbooks from kids at the end of the term (checking your own level with actual kids might be a good idea to know which grade we're talking. Pick one of your friends' kid, not a random one in the street xD)
- buy exercises books (workbooks?) meant for kids. Repetition makes perfect. Just my 2 cents, but absolutely avoid using a computer/phone: pen & paper is where it's at.

Last edited: