What's new

Escape from Hell (TheAlpacalypse)

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Malvaero'gol: HP = 64, PP = 83, EP = 61, Status = Fine

So far, everything was going according to plan. Or, at the very least, Mal hadn't been slapped back into irons yet. The streets of Acheron were comparatively peaceful during the day, but the escaped slave had received a number of glares from those he had passed, particularly from the groups of goblins that loitered about, which he seemed to pass every three streets or so. None of the city guard had even done more than glance at him, at least, and that was something to be glad for given that he had escaped slavery only an hour or so before. In his normal human form the incubus didn't look like much of a threat, and that might be why he had gotten through most of Acheron without being harassed by anything.

The gates leading out of the city were open before him, and the guards weren't even looking at him. He could walk right out of the city if he wanted to, and no one was going to stop him. "Hey, you! You there!" A voice called out toward him, and a glance behind him revealed a woman, quite obviously a succubus given how she looked, coming toward him at a jog. A very jiggly jog.

Reputation score
Re: Escape from Hell (TheAlpacalypse)

It was almost too easily, the half-demon mused in his head as he walked the streets of Acheron. Honestly, now that he thought back on it, he wasn't sure why he'd bothered having Ro'khan officially free him; he doubted that a document signed under domination would hold up in...how were legal disputes resolved here?

Just to prove I could? No matter, he thought happily, even smiling at the group of scowling goblins he passed; how many of those damned things were there in this city? That had been the third separate group of the little blighters he'd encountered...or had they all been the same group? Were they following him? Keep it together, Mal, the man chided himself, goblins all look alike. Besides, the gates are right over there. At that he paused a moment, leaning against the corner of a building less than a block from the gates. What would he do once he was out of the city? He had pretty much no knowledge of this city, let alone the world outside it. Maybe...maybe he hadn't prepared for this properly. No, no this was definitely the best thing for him, just...what now? I could always ask the guards what's out there-no, no that would be pretty suspicious. Maybe if I check into a hotel and ask the guests? I'm a little low on funds, how much would that cost? Maybe I could seduce the owner-no wait what if it's a man? Okay, how about I tr-"Hey you! You there!"

Mal froze in place. Shit, I've been found! No, no, it's far too early for anything like that. Breathe. Hold. Release. She might not even be after you. Mal ran his hand through his hair to check that it was still short, his skin was still pale, and his wings weren't there before sparing a quick glance behind him. Ah fuck, she's after me, he groaned inwardly as he stared at her, his desire to not get caught being overrun by his desire to watch the busty demoness's approach. Well, it can't be all bad, he mused as a wicked grin split his features. Let's just hear her out. Still grinning, he waited for the breastubus (I'm totally saving that one) to make her way to him.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The scantily clad demon slowed as she saw him stop, but she still moved quickly enough to cause quite a bit of very alluring motion to play across her body. She came up to stand in front of him and brushed a strand of blond hair out of her face. "Hey, I was wondering.... How would you like to make a little money?" She said, smiling. No one else seemed to be paying them much mind, save for less than overt glances at the succubus's body from random passersby.

Reputation score

The big stupid grin remained plastered on Mal's face as he, too, made a less-than-covert appraisal of the blonde beauty's body. "Well, that really depends on what you have in mind," he said cheerfully, his roving eyes unable to find their way north of the woman's chest.

She's easily a nine-and-a-half, the incubus thought idly, and this is probably some kind of trap. Best to let her think I'm some foolish human until it's sprung. Until then, he considered, still grinning, eyes still locked on the succubus's shapely bosom, it's best to enjoy the view. Besides, I still haven't figured out what to do once I'm out of Acheron.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The succubus smiled brightly at Mal's response, and continued; "My sister's having a bachelorette party tonight, and we've been having some trouble acquiring proper entertainment for her. She... Doesn't like the fey very much, so it's been hard to find anyone willing to that didn't, ahhh.... Share our needs, so to speak. You wouldn't have to dance or anything, just show her a good time. And I could pay you a hundred denarii, half up front. Oh! And there would be free food in it for you too. What do ya say? My name's Kira by the way."

She smoothed her hair out of the way again, in doing so pressing her pillowy breasts together in what was clearly meant to be an alluring fashion. It worked pretty well too, and her very genuinely friendly smile only enhanced the image.

Reputation score

This was certainly not the direction Mal had expected the conversation to take, and his grin wavered slightly. A bachelorette party? What the hell was that? Was that something a human would know about? And did demons even have siblings they weren't trying to kill? But, then again..."...show her a good time." That was definitely something the former slave could do; indeed, perhaps the only thing he could do. Mustn't seem too eager. Is this something that always happens to humans?

"I don't know about this, Mal stated with as much hesitation as he could muster. "Do you make it a habit to approach random humans on the street and ask them to entertain your sister? And why approach me, anyway?" There, the half-breed contentedly thought to himself, the grin returning to his face. Now it won't be as suspicious when I accept her offer.

Wait, did she say her name? Shit, now I have to come up with a name that doesn't sound like "Malvaero'gol".
It was becoming quite difficult to keep his internal monologue from showing in his expression, but Mal managed to mostly mask it, the only hints being a slight narrowing of his eyes and a slight furrow forming in his brow as he struggled to come up with a human-sounding name. That one slave, in the cell next to me? He had the same color eyes as this form, that means he was from around here, right? What was his name?

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Errr... Not a habit, I promise. But.... Ones little sister only gets married once, and I only just found out about the tradition some humans have a couple of days ago. You're... Well you're actually the first human I've seen since then, to be honest, so I figured that I'd just take a chance and ask you if you were interested." She shifted and brushed another errant strand of hair from her face, and looked up at him. A slight frown creased her face as he narrowed his eyes and furrowed his brow, and she said; "If you're not interested you can just say so."

He couldn't but note that she looked a lot better when she was smiling.

Reputation score

It took the escapee a moment to process all the information the succubus was throwing at him. Bachelorette parties: linked to marriage. He knew about marriage from one of the other slaves, after he'd complained about missing his wife; the ensuing lecture was Mal's first introduction to "love" (at least the emotional variety), though bachelorette parties were somehow omitted. Something was strange, though; Mal was certain he'd seen other - no, she was right. FUCK. He stuck out like a virgin in the sex pits in this form! Why had he decided appearing human was a good idea, again? Because, they're weak, and no real threat to anyone, the half-demon reassured himself. No one notices you in this form, because no one cares.

"If you're not interested, you can just say so."

Malvaero had been looking somewhat past the demoness during his rumination, but her words snapped him back to the present, and her no-longer smiling face. "What? Oh, no! Nonono," he chuckled, shaking his head, "I would love to...'entertain' your sister. The easy grin had returned to the shapeshifter's face, and he hoped the succubus would return the expression. While she was certainly still attractive while frowning, there was just something about her smile that made her stunning. "Where do you need me and what time should I be there? OH! How rude of me, Kira, allow me to introduce myself. I am Mal-" FFFFUUUUUUUU - keepsmiling, keepsmiling, think, THINK, what was his name, what was "-Fred. Malfred," he finished lamely with a nod. To his credit, the Karkastan had not stopped smiling, though a touch of panic had crept into his eyes at the slip. Well, if she wasn't suspicious of me before, she will be now. Still, shouldn't be too bad, I hope. I'm sure lots of humans have a reason to not reveal their real name...right? He tried to fight it, but Mal could feel the smile waver a little.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The blonde's expression brightened immediately as Mal agreed to her proposal, and she began to twirl a bit of her hair around one of her fingers. "Wonderful! Be at the Wild Apprentice Corner Club later tonight, an hour before sunset. It's just a street over from the Asp's Den, down by the docks. We've got it booked privately for the night, but tell the guys at the door that I sent you and you'll get right in." She said, and then tilted her head with a smile. She hadn't noticed his nervous tick when he'd stumbled over the name, or if she did, she wasn't letting on to it.

"Thanks a bunch Malfred! I'll see you later tonight. You'll get the first half of your money when I meet you at the door, and the second half when you wake up in the morning. Breakfast and the bed are already payed for, don't worry." She continued, and then gave him a quick appraising look and grinned lewdly, "And maybe, in the morning, we can have a little fun of our own, hm? If you're not busy."

Reputation score

"Great, I'm looking forward to it, Kira. The Wild Apprentice Corner Club an hour before sunset," he repeated back to her, to make sure he had it correct. I don't know how he got out so quick, but damn that Ro'khan. Using my one weakness (women) against me is low, even for him. Not that believing he was walking into a trap would prevent Mal from striding headfirst into it, but he was certainly expecting his former owner to be waiting for him at the club. Or, you're being paranoid. See? She didn't even notice that you fucked up your own name.

That same wolfish grin (his grinning muscles were starting to hurt, but no matter) swept back over his face at the mention of being paid, broadened at the mention of food, and nearly strained a muscle in the half-blood's face at the possibility of some quality time in the morning with Kira. "Oh, you needn't worry about that; I assure you, I won't be too busy for you, my dear." Their business concluded, ((I assume Kira has nothing of further interest to add?)) Malvaero'gol would admire the shapely demoness's retreating figure as long as he could from where he was standing. Once she was out of sight, he started thinking about the evening, and began imagining what Kira's sister could possibly look like; he imagined her with hair ranging from a shade lighter than Kira's, to the darkest black, and eyes the color of Where are the fucking docks? He spared a glance around him, hoping he could maybe see the masts of boats, or even water, but quickly abandoned the idea as the density of the buildings offered no hope of catching a glimpse of anything else. Great. Great! Now, not only are we walking into a trap, but we don't even know where it's supposed to be, except that it's not outside those gates, he half-muttered to himself, gesturing flippantly at the nearby portal. The gates, for their part, ignored him. Mal did a double-take upon seeing one of the gate guards, and lightly smacked himself in the forehead. "Why don't I just ask one of the guards?" Closing the distance at a reasonably paced walk, the incubus would look around briefly for a guard who was only slightly busy, hopefully not so busy that he'd be annoyed enough to remember the intrusion, but busy enough that he'd have more important things to get back to. Assuming such a quarry presents itself (and waiting a few minutes should it look as though one of the guards might meet the criteria shortly), Mal will walk up to him (or her, of course). "Excuse me, sir (or ma'am), I seem to have taken a wrong turn. Could you tell me where the docks are?"

Last edited:
OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Great! I'll see you then, Malfred! Don't be late now~!" Kira replied, and gave him a quick wink before turning and walking off. Her back proved to be just as gorgeous as her front, her rump barely covered by a pair of red short shorts that were tight to the point of straining, and a long sinuous tail ending in a narrow spade danced about slowly behind her. She had a walk to suit her figure as well, every step causing her hips to roll hypnotically, and a glance around told Mal that he wasn't the only one watching Kira as walked away.

Once she was out of sight, Mal turned to the task of finding out exactly where he was supposed to go, and began his search for a guard. The vast majority of the guards of Acheron were, unsurprisingly, demons, but it only took Mal a short time in searching before he found one just busy enough to only pay a modicum of attention to him without focusing on him completely, but not so busy that his question might be greeted with hostility. At the time, it was a guard speaking to a pair of naga's standing next to a broken cart, whom another guard seemed to be taking a statement from if the note pad and pencil in her hands was any indication. The guard he walked up to was simply watching the damage vehicle, likely to make sure that no one tried to take anything out of it.

"The docks? They're in that direction!" The guard said immediately without even looking at Mal, and the pointed off toward the South. "If you want a way there that stays on the main roads, go West along Main and then take a left once you hit Soldif Street. You'll end up on the main docks, and you shouldn't have any trouble finding whatever it is that you're looking for from there, if you get lost just ask another city guard."

Reputation score

"Ah. Thanks." "Malfred" nods in acknowledgement of the guard's aid, and sets off back down the way he came. He wasn't sure if this was Main, but he did know which direction South (and, by extension, West) was, and he could always ask for help from a different guard. Assuming the streets were labelled, and that he was, in fact, on Main, Malvaero would look for Soldif Street and make a left. Once he arrived in the dock district, he would look around for another guard (any guard would do) and inquire as to the location of the Wild Apprentice.

In the unfortunate circumstance that he was not, in fact, on Main, Mal would simply set off in the direction of South and hope for the best.

((Sorry for the short post, not sure if you had some sort of incident in mind for the trip.))

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Good day, citizen." the guard replied dismissively, and then Malvaero'gol was off, heading toward the docks. Passing a sign, he realized that he was in fact on Main, and continued on until he saw the signs for Solidif street and turned left. He could see the river up ahead, as the street that he walked down was only a few hundred feet long and ended at a long pier.

He didn't have to go down that pier to spot the establishment that he was looking for, however, as the magically glowing sign of the Wild Apprentice Corner Club stood out in the small square just before the pier. The depiction of a fairly curvy young woman lifting her robe and dancing exuberantly while a stern looking old man glared on was almost lifelike, and the building beneath it was both well maintained and well decorated. A pair of goblins stood outside dressed in unassuming red and blue uniforms, arms folded over their chests. Though they were only about three and a half feet tall, the guns at their hips were threatening enough to make the lesser demons intimidating.

It was several hours before nightfall yet, and there were many things he could do before it was time to meet Kira and her sister. There was a gambling parlor right next to the bar, and though he had little in the way of coin right now it might be possible for him to make some more. Of course, he could just go in and wait, or maybe try and scope the place out a little, but he would have to talk to the guards to do so. There was also the option to explore the area a little, which might be good in the event that he had to make a daring and hasty getaway, but that also had the usual dangers of walking around Acheron while alone and disguised as a human.

Reputation score

((It's Super Adventure Time!))

Finding the club turned out to be quite a bit easier than Mal was anticipating. Almost disappointingly so. The sight of goblins guarding the place filled him with a certain...unease, however. Who in their right mind would hire goblins to do anything important? Everyone knows you can't trust them. Leaving aside the proprietor's questionable staffing decisions (more than made up by his choice of sign maker. That sign was incredible), there was still the matter that the sun wouldn't be down for quite some time yet. What could a half-demon, half-sidhe do to kill some time?

He was certain he could handle any situation that may arise once he was inside the club, and going in to wait positively reeked of desperation. Also, he didn't exactly have the coinage nor the time for a proper trip to the gambling parlor. Of course, just wandering around as a human is dangerous, and I'm utterly terrified that something might okay, couldn't get through that thought with a straight face, Mal mused sarcastically to himself, grinning once more. He decided to keep walking straight ahead, taking some time to admire the work of whoever made that sign (so realistic!), keep walking past the goblins, and head down toward the pier. From there, he'd pick a direction and head that way, keeping track of his progress so he wouldn't get too lost.

((Basically, explore the area, hoping to find something to occupy his time. Unless that sign turns out to, in fact, be an actual person up there. That would be interesting.))

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Strolling past the goblins who were guarding the door into the corner club, Mal traveled along the relatively safe part of Acheron that bordered the river. It had been one of the first parts of Acheron to be reconstructed from the ruins if Artmirst after the palace, the factories and the main road had been restored, and the development showed. Where some sections of the city were still almost ruinous, here everything looked almost brand new. That said, there were still dangers to be had even in this, more civilized part of the demon city.

Mal, unfortunately, found that out the hard way, in the form of a half dozen goblins suddenly forming a circle around him, some of them practically springing out of hiding places to trap him. The little creatures, half female and half male, leered darkly at him as one of their number said; "Ahhh, human... What're you doin, wandering dis part of Acheron all by yur lonesome, ae? Are you lost? We could 'elp ya find sometin...." He paused, for it was a he who had spoken, and the other little demons began to snicker darkly amongst themselves. One of the females suddenly piped up; "Aye, we'll help ya find sometin real special!" The lesser demons began to laugh loudly around him, and he could see several of them resting hands on their weapons in the process. There weren't any guards around to help him in this small side street that he'd entered either, leaving the nearest help nearly a minute's travel away.

"So, what'll it be, humie? You want to come along quietly?" The lead goblin said, his hand resting casually on a club at his side.

Reputation score

Mal made sure he knew how to get back to the club, and that he could be there with plenty of time to spare as he wandered the side streets of the docks. He was just about to start heading back when six green midgets materialized from the shadows around him. Goblins? What the hell do these little fuckers think they're doing!? Mal could only stare at his assailants in dumbfounded disbelief at their bravado. Didn't they recognize their betters? Couldn't they guess at what he was capable.... "So, what'll it be, humie?" Oh, right. In his wanderings, he'd forgotten that he was a human. Well, he certainly didn't want to reveal his true form, especially not to mere goblins, so he'd have to try some...alternative conflict resolution here.

"Oh shit, oh please don't hurt me, Mal cried in "terror", cringing from the group of thugs, face contorting into what he hoped resembled fear. "I'll do whatever you want, just please, don't kill me!" Of course, the ruse was to buy himself enough time to build his defenses; then, the real fun would start.

Activate Psychic Shield, X = 10.

Affected stats:
Dodge: 67 = 37 + 30
Resistance: 62 = 32 + 30
Grapple: 44 = 14 + 30
Armor: 17 = 0 + 7 + 10

Cost: 10 EP
Upkeep: 8 EP

ETA:
Realized there's not much there for you to respond to, so, to make it interesting, I'll post my next actions, as well. Should none of the goblins notice my ability, will attempt to dominate one of the goblins farthest from me, issuing the mental command "Shout something appropriate, and attack goblin closest to you". Should one of them notice it, dominate them and issue same command. If more than one goblin notices, dominate closest that knows and order it to attack the next closest goblin that realizes my abilities, ignoring any that don't seem to understand what I'm about to do to them.

Of course, should some other eventuality arise, ignore all of this.

Last edited:
OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Malvaero'gol: HP = 60/64, PP = 83, EP = 31/61, Status = Fine, Psychic Shield X = 10

Rolls
Mal activates Psychic Shield X = 10
Costs 10 EP.

Mal then uses Dominate, since the goblins are too dumb to notice.
Resistance: Mal wins, and has mind controlled Goblin #4.
This costs 8 + 8 = 16 EP for the dominate attempt and maintaining his shield, which is 4 points higher than Mal's Spirit Ceiling. That means it costs an extra 4 EP and 4 HP.

Attack (Goblin 4 vs Goblin 1) : Hit.
Damage: 2 + 5 + 17 - 9 = 15 damage!

The goblin's laughed raucously as Mal begged for them not to hurt him, and the diminutive little creatures didn't seem to notice the invisible barrier that suddenly wrapped around Mal's body. "Oh, you'll do whatever we want alright!" One of the female's said, and then the three women went from loud laughter to fits of giggles while the male goblins scowled darkly. Mal took that opportunity to stretch out his powers once again, and a slight headache began to form behind his eyes as he stressed his powers so much. The goblin that he had chosen to be his victim blinked in surprise, and then turned toward his leader and shouted; "You ate my porridge!"

The other goblins, including the one he had spoke to all blinked in surprise, but the dominated goblin was apparently quite serious. So serious, in fact, that it drew a knife from its belt and stabbed the other goblin in the belly with it. The rest of the creatures promptly descended into chaos, each drawing a weapon of their own and preparing to engage the dominated goblin in melee combat. Of course, the creatures had no idea why he was doing this, but they were preparing to attack him anyway, and even though he was still surrounded by them they were momentarily ignoring Mal.

Just a record for me:
Goblin 1: taken 15 damage, derping hard
Goblin 2: derping extra hard
Goblin 3: derpin
Goblin 4: Mind controlled by Mal
Goblin 5: derpan, oh derpan
Goblin 6: flailing

Reputation score

Were Malvaero'gol the sort prone to poorly-timed evil laughter, he would have been "Bwahaha"-ing it up at that moment. As he was, instead, prone to correctly-timed evil laughter, he merely stood there grinning as the goblins prepared to tear themselves apart. Or, tear one of themselves apart; the rest would come around soon enough. Still, the shield may have been a bit of overkill; should probably tone it down a bit.

That done, the half-breed's attention turned back to the goblins; more specifically, the goblin not currently under his sway that was closest to their "leader". Attack your leader. Say something appropriate as you do. Soon, the wretched little beasties would learn to respect their betters; or, they would, were they not about to die.

Reduce Psychic Shield to X = 2, then, assuming that ordering another goblin around doesn't break my hold over the first, Dominate specified goblin, ordering it to attack the same one the first one is attacking.

If dominating a second goblin would break my hold on the first, instead wait for the first to die, then dominate closest goblin that didn't strike the death blow, ordering it to attack the one that did and, as usual, say something appropriate. (Getting them to say something inappropriate comes when there are less of them. ;p)

Affected Stats:
Dodge: 43 = 37 + 6
Resistance: 38 = 32 + 6
Grapple: 20 = 14 + 6
Armor: 9 = 0 + 7 + 2

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Malvaero'gol: HP = 60/64, PP = 83, EP = 23/61, Status = Fine, Psychic Shield X = 2

Rolls
You can dominate multiple goblins in the same turn.

Drops Psychic Shield to X = 2, Dominates another goblin.

Resistance: Mal wins again! Another ally for the cause! This time he takes goblin 6, chosen by the RNG.

Attack (Goblins 4 and 6) : Both hit!
Damage (Goblin 6) : 2 + 4 + 19 - 9 = 16 damage on Goblin 1!
Damage (Goblin 4) : 4 + 6 + 17 - 9 = 18 damage on Goblin 1! Down he goes!

Attack (Goblins 2, 3 and 5) : All hit!
Damage: 2 + 4 + 19 - 9 = 16 damage on goblin 4!
Damage: 2 + 4 + 17 - 9 = 14 damage on goblin 6!
Damage: 1 + 2 + 19 - 9 = 13 damage on goblin 4!

"Oi! You stay away from him! He's mine!" One of the female goblins suddenly cried, having been mind controlled by Mal as easily as the first had been. She turned her club onto the confused leader, smashing him in the face and sending him reeling, and as the other goblins stood momentarily stunned the first one that he had taken control of jabbed into their leader's belly with his knife again. The lesser demon collapsed to the ground at Mal's feet, blood pouring from his stab wounds, and it was plain that he wasn't long for this world unless he received some immediate medical attention.

The other goblins were only stunned for a moment before one of them shouted; "'E killed Grobnok!" The last male not dying at Mal's feet or under his control was the one to speak, and he also smashed the goblin that had dealt the death blow over the head. One of the females did much the same, but the last female instead turned on the woman he'd mind controlled and jabbed her in the gut with a dagger, saying; "He's not yours, he's mine!"

All in all, the scene of chaos among the little demons was amusing, especially since they had seemingly forgotten about his presence completely. He could probably walk away and leave them to finish things among themselves, but he saw coin pouches on each of them, and he couldn't take them while the little demons were so busy wailing on each other without risking being caught in the melee.

Just a record for me:
Goblin 1: dead
Goblin 2: derping extra hard
Goblin 3: derpin
Goblin 4: Mind controlled by Mal, taken 29 damage
Goblin 5: derpan, oh derpan
Goblin 6: flailing for Mal's cause now! Taken 14 damage

Reputation score

"Heehee *snrkt*" Mal couldn't quite suppress a chuckle at the antics of the inferior creatures before him; how, exactly, had they expected to best him? Oh, right, human, he'd forgotten again. Of course, a mere human would have probably fled the scene well before now; it was a testament to the goblins' "intelligence" that they hadn't realized that yet. Well, since the fight is winding down and well in hand, I may as well have a little fun with these things, no?

Attack that female, Mal ordered the remaining male and the two other dominated goblins , indicating the closer of the two females not under his control. Say "This is for sticking your balls in my mouth" as you do. He wanted only the newly dominated one to say that, but if they all did, that would be pretty funny, too.

Just a refresher, I guess.

Affected Stats:
Dodge: 43 = 37 + 6
Resistance: 38 = 32 + 6
Grapple: 20 = 14 + 6
Armor: 9 = 0 + 7 + 2