What's new

Fallout 3 PbP idea

Kayi

Reputation score
Re: Fallout 3 PbP idea

The biggest problem with it would merely be the rolls against combat.

Everything else is balanced purely from the fact it's balanced in the game already.

You should go get more sleep though if you're sleep deprived.

OP
devild

devild

Lurker
Reputation score

Its true we have a system im not sure how fully i understand it, and ogf course like everyone is saying we need a combat system, which i havent put much thought into the number crunching yet while im still develloping the details of the world were all in.

Ok new things added in this update

Rape penalty, after being raped minuses will be added ive come up with something really general but im thinking each creature might add different minuses and minuses to skills, and maybe making this a bit harsher.

Hyper mutants, im still really tired but it gives a brief template, i can be creative and imaginative when i've had some decent sleep if it isnt enough,
Glowing ones, didnt mention feral ghouls much, now i have partially
Mirelurks, i did think about them
Radroaches, i managed to fit them in suitably XD

Added the skills back in their full glory, also included the formula so part of the engine is in, its a fantastic start, levelling up skills is up for debate, also included the sex skill, which will function like the speech skill, but during a rape might be used to help endure or lessen the pain of rape.

added Inventor, One night stand and modified Chem resistant to be included on the list, still taking suggestions on Perks.

Last edited:

Kayi

Reputation score

I'd say keep the Fallout3 perk list for basic things.

And link everyone to the fallout3 wiki if they need help finding things.

I also kinda suggest you don't abuse existing perks in such weird ways as Educated's new addition. There's really no good reason to do this to it.

Although One Night Stand is an awesome new perk idea.

If everything you add is tediously sexually twisted, it starts to have a poor taste towards the game. If something lends itself easily (and logically), then use it. While if not... then don't.

If you'd like to chat in a messenger or PMs about the different skills and things, then we can discuss to help your system. Maybe make a group chat somewhere to talk it out if more people are interested?

OP
devild

devild

Lurker
Reputation score

the mind works in mysterious ways, comical ones when its physically half asleep for real.

I will remove the educated perk and maybe just include it as a minor skill bonus to the sex skill.

thank you for the compliment on one night stand i quite like that, and true to the fall out 3 it had a kinda double meaning like alot of the stuff in fallout 3 with its countless easter eggs.

I looked atmost of the skills seing where i could add a sexual twist but did leave them blank because i was worried i would try and twist the system too far away from the way its meant to be.

I have been using the Wiki, also been looking ath the base weapon damage, pretty soon ill be able to have a working formula, but right now im still exhausted.

a chat or messenger would be cool, ill think about doing it tomorrow, but like i said with the whole exhaustion thing ill wait till im awake got the energy and can think straight, ironically when im not thinking straight i am more creative, kinda a catch 22, i do feel the need for some sex related perks to help encourage that part of the rp and dialogue, i have noticed where i used barter / sex as skills now educated does seem a bit unecessary fort he added purpose.

Kayi

Reputation score

It's never a bad thing to make a silly twisted double-meaning, but you could just leave a lot of skills as is for actual effects.

Go get some sleep already XD

We'll discuss the actual game mechanics in a chat somewhere later then post our final ideas on it here after.

OP
devild

devild

Lurker
Reputation score

ok im back and well rested, while i had a few ideas for missions etc, i also had a few ideas for monsters and areas and locations

Oasis the only green part around the wastelands, should i add more green plant life in the world if not horribly mutated potential doping drugging seeding and tentacle rape?

Should i include some of the monsters like robo brain and have them been upgraded by raiders for the lulz and scientists etc, so they they are now better at restraining victims until the raiders return?

for levelling up skills, a point for every succesful use? include the use of books for skill level up maybe taking a turn to get a skill point by reading, until returning home and any books in inventory could all be read at once/ given to members who would benefit from it.

also amount that can be carried, i might change the weight of some of the items, like halving the books weight from 2 lbs to 1 and maybe increasing weight on medical supplies atm on one of my saves i have 75 odd stimpaks ((none i bought amazingly))

Missions ideas.

Trade embargo, you will have to get your goods from your settlement to another, potentail is you will be attacked.

Rescue mission, for when a member of the village gets captured

skill seeker, a mission to find a skilled person if you lose an important member of your society

Defending, your settlement will be attacked

Ammo run, theres hundreds of abandoned settlements maybe some have ammo in.

Ambush, Raiders are known for their anrchic disorganisation styled way of life, but they are predictable some have patrol routes, could be a good way to get some supplies from them, alternatively for evil karma you could caputre people sell them as slaves, or attack merchants, killing merchants will put them off going to your settlement if other merchants hear that most dont return alive.

Scouting, to get an idea of the area and kinds of things in that area

Exploring, can be included with scouting will involve entering buildings like factories power stations and hospitals.

more soon.

Last edited:

Kayi

Reputation score

Give everything a reason why it's evolved the way it has.

Easy example was the ants. But let's say perhaps that your choices at the end of the game have caused most of the species to evolve again in these weird ways. That's acceptable enough (for our purposes).

I doubt most of the raiders could reprogram the robots to do these kinds of things. However, there are many alternate reasons that robots could be reprogrammed for a variety of reasons. Look at the big "superhero" showdown that was taking place ;)

Leveling up skill points should take place as it did in the game. Let people earn levels then decide how to spend their points.

But in addition, we should put skill caps on each ability. This way someone doesn't randomly decide that getting 100% small guns skill at level 5 is a good idea to never lose.

Books should be extremely, extremely rare. We don't want people to gain too many skills too quickly since this kind of RP somewhat relies on everyone being around the same strength. Besides that, the entire reason that the book idea worked in the game was you're the only one reading it. (Consider each new book you find as a new volume of it) So you're the only one who can improve off of it. If we started finding books in an RP like this, we could pass the books around to each other and all gain points.

A better choice than skill books may be to give out special new equipment to adjust stats. Maybe a laser sight you could attach to your gun to give you bonuses. Or you find a special glue for repairing better (hence only one person can use it or it gets used up!). An item found then can only be used by the one person who found it, but if the person is defeated and drops their gear (or gets their thing stolen, or outright sells it, etc, etc.) then the next owner gets to keep it and get its bonuses.

Most of these little things can be resolved and balanced out when we discuss the system balancing.

OP
devild

devild

Lurker
Reputation score

the question is where to discuss these things really, i used to have a link or two to chat rooms used by this forum but seem to of lost them

removed some unecessary/poorly thought out perks

added a combat formula we may well have a working combat solution coming along,

will work on weapon degredation, but will go down in groups of 10 % wont start at 100% will include base damage depreciating.

gain 15 skills per level that is fixed, but up for discussion views by everyone as is everything in the system, im just trying to make it so the players arent unrivalable in power.

Last edited:
OP
devild

devild

Lurker
Reputation score

thats enough ideas for the moment i think, peoples input would be welcome.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

(...) chat rooms used by this forum (...)

I know 3, the irc widget can be found in the news sections,

and then there is Chibi's chat

And biteme's

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Wooo, a lot of text. Sorry, havent read it yet, will do when Im not drowsy from my pain killers. Though the idea intrigues me, I have been toying with the idea of producing several hentai images using creatures from FO3 raping some of the women in it. Two of the images involve a Mirelurk and Maggie from Megaton and a Molerat and Moira Brown also from Megaton. I havent whipped up any sketches yet, but I can produce some for the next time I get online for you to see.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

...a Molerat and Moira Brown also from Megaton. I havent whipped up any sketches yet, but I can produce some for the next time I get online for you to see.
Somehow, I think that Moira wouldn't call it rape, but instead 'an experiment in cross species fertilization.'

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

xD indeed, just dont let her use the repellent stick during her sexperients

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

I recently stumbled upon this topic... and kinda brought it back from the dead.>.>

Anyways, I used this basic idea and applied it to a scenario in 'Egg', which Hali is running through right now. If any of you guys get bored, and want to join (either single player or Multiplayer), feel free to start a thread over there.

Haile's adventure, based on Devild's idea, is going on here: http://ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?p=84450#post84450