What's new

Games Discussion Thread

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Games Discussion Thread

So, for those of you who don't know, I'm trying to start regular PS4 video game streams. I did a stream last weekend, which for all intents and purposes was just a test stream, because it did not save afterwards (I enabled the save all broadcasts option afterwards). So, straight to the point, for those interested, I'll be attempting to start regular streams on Wednesdays and Fridays starting around 11am-noon eastern ( ). Tomorrow, I'll start by playing through the Battleborn story mode a bit.

PS. I apologize if this ends up not being the right thread to post this in.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Haven't really done anything with my PS4 online, so I don't really know what it can do. Are you streaming directly from the PS4? Or are you capturing it on your computer and then sending it out to the internet?

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Streaming directly from the PS4 using its share option.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Do you need to have the PS4 gold (is that what it's called? I'm talking about a paid account basically) to do that, or could I manage it with just a regular account?

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I do not have PlayStation plus and I am able to stream. So the answer is no, you do not.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Streams huh. Could be interesting. Do keep us up to date on what you're streaming, I might be interested at times and maybe others too

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Streams huh. Could be interesting. Do keep us up to date on what you're streaming, I might be interested at times and maybe others too
Well, you can check out today's past broadcasts on my profile. I'll next start streaming a bit before 11 am eastern on Friday.

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

@Iggy What else beside Battleborn will you play on your channel?

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, I streamed a bit of Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth as well yesterday. I'll probably stream Minecraft and Borderlands 2 and maybe the Pre-Sequel if it decides to not crash all the time. Basically, I'm limited to the PS4 I currently have and I might do some short SMITE streams every now and then, but they won't usually go on for longer than a couple games. Also, I'll be streaming the new Touhou game coming to consoles when it comes out.

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The new Digimon game was unexpected. I'd played Digimon Adventures 1-3 and enjoyed them but never imagined there would be one for the PS4.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Did they get any better? I played one of the first on the... PS2 I wanna say, and it was very bad, I can't remember exactly why and I think that might be a good thing.

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Cyber Sleuth is friggin' amazing. Imagine being able to use almost any Digimon, in a party system like Pokemon, where you fight with 3 at a time and can have 6 in reserve, and add elements of Summer Wars and from apparently there are also elements from the Persona series.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Oh neat! I loved the persona games for the most part (sometimes it gets a little too >.< when planning out which days to do what) so I'll def check it out.

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You can watch me stream it today :p

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Also, sorry for double-posting, but my regularly-scheduled stream this upcoming Wednesday might start a little later since I have to take a Carpentry Apprenticeship exam 3 hours before the when I would normally start. It's a 30-45 minute commute to and from the testing center and the test is 2 hours long, so, there's a chance I might start an hour later, maybe an hour and a half later, especially since I might have to do stuff after I take the test. So, long story short, stream will likely be delayed, but check in periodically from 11 am to 12:00-13:30 eastern.

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If you want to turn your brain off for a while then I would recommend the Dead Island and Saints Row games. I suggest skipping all the dialogue & cutscenes.
Also, try to get them in a bundle.

Actually, Humble Bundle has a great deal on them right now. I'd recommend getting it for $4. I'm not sure about the $13 deal, as Saints Row IV feels more like an expansion to Saints Row III (same map). It might be worth $5 or so. The add-ons for any SR game are pretty much garbage, so don't go out of your way to grab any of them.

If you like the Risen games then the $13 deal might be worth getting. I played the first Risen and just didn't really care for it.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Pistols at dawn, sir or madam! I won't have you slander Saint's Row in my presence. Actually, Gat Out Of Hell IS pretty bad, but still. The humor and ridiculousness of IV is especially terrific if you know what you're getting into. True, they recycled the map, but the story is so balls-out INSANE that you won't even notice after a while. It's great, and I heartily recommend picking it up.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Agreed, I hadn't had fun with a 'GTA' style game in years untill I picked up SR3, and then SR4 made it even better. Hell, you're even allowed to fly planes and helicopters, and even better things. Sure it's got a tacky action movie script, but that's half the fun of a game that doesn't take itself seriously in a genre that is all too focused on gritty realism (not quite the right term).

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So, I've played Digimon Cyber Sleuths and it is a fine game. Alright. Good for Digimon fans. But it is NOT an 8/10.

First off, several of the Digimon I wanted to see from the other games were there, such as the kendo Digimon from 3 aren't available.

Second, it is grindtastic and encourages leaving it on but unplayed by making the Digimon on the farm level up in realtime.

Third, there are really rough spots in the game. For example, I've encountered three situations where a status effect is named differently in different attacks, such as 'Dot' being called 'crystalized'.

Lastly, the boss battles are pretty boring and sometimes downright unfair. Usually it amounts to you keeping your HP up while watching the same animations over and over. Now, I know that sounds like a lot of games but it is somehow boring in this case. They also seem to try to make enemies 'bosses' by giving them ungodly amounts of Defense, Speed, and HP. I once spent thirty minutes trying to defeat one of the enemies before losing, getting a guy who could pierce defense, and winning in a minute. So you better keep a guy who has a defense-piercing attack or you could get screwed into a corner.

It's not bad but it isn't great.

I give it a 6.5/10 and this is from a loving Digimon fan. I'm still going to finish it, I'm close to the end, but I'm not going to bother with the New Game + unless they double the roster.

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score

Gonna play over watch soon, got it pre-ordered and getting darksouls 3. Played dark souls 1 and 2, my hands demand BACKSTABS AND DARK MAGIC!