What's new

GargantuaBlarg Test Thread

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
This is my character sheet.

There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Without me, my character sheet is useless.

Without my character sheet, I am useless.

Name: Augustina Carpenter
Class: Paladin...bus (Succubus)
Race: Part Demon
Sex: Female

Body: 4 + 30 + 16 = 50
Mind: 6 + 4 = 10
Spirit: 4 + 16 = 20

Hit Points (HP): 65
Pleasure to Orgasm (PP): 45
Spirit Energy (EP): 50
Speed: 22 (10)
Dodge: 40 (52 with her shield)
Armor: 0 (20)
Resistance: 33
Perception: 22
Stealth: 20 (-4)
Grapple: 50

Experience: 0
Corruption: 0

Talents:
2x Exceptional (+8 Stat Points)
Resistant (+8 Resistance)
Natural Warrior (Shield Fighter)
Superior Warrior (Skilled)
Natural Spirit (Holy Magic)
Enthrall
Fuck Me (+12 PP damage when humping things)

Flaws:
*Tainted Bloodline (Takes 1.5 as much corruption)
*Mutated (gain 3 mutations)
Honorable
Idealistic
Easily Aroused
Fetish: Bondage (Whenever Augustina is tied up, or her partner is tied up, she takes +8 Pleasure damage.)

Mutations: 3/12
Naturally Warped
Demon (Resist first 5 points of damage from Fire and Force)
Tight (+2 PP when humping things)
Pheromones (-2 Stealth, things want to fuck her)
Tail

Skills:
Untemptable (+10 Resistance vs Succubus Powers and pleasure damage)
Disciplined Wielder (The EV of the character’s armor applies only ½ of its penalty to their Spirit Ceiling)
Shield Slam

Spirit Ceiling: 10 (4)
Powers:
Blessing
Fey Servant
Lay on Hands

Succubus Powers:
Rhythm
Dazzling Beauty (+6 PP dealt, things looking at her take a -10 penalty to perception when trying to perceive other things.)
Drain Through Pain

Inventory:
50 denarii
Plate Armor: AV = 20, EV = 10, TP = 60, DU = 5.
Mace (+52) 2d4 + 27
Sword (+52) 2d6 + 25
Kite Shield: DB = 12. EV = 2. 3d6 + 17

Bio/Description:

The daughter of a questing knight who was captured and raped by demons, Augustina Carpenter was raised by her mother after her allies aided her in escaping her captives. Though demonic blood flowed through her veins, Augustina was nonetheless trained by her mother to follow her in footsteps, a task that she took to with relentless zeal. Even though she threw all of her will and effort into her training, Augustina was unable to escape her heritage completely, and as her darker side showed more and more it became increasingly difficult. Finally, just as she was set to complete her training and join her mother's order, she was unable to control herself any longer. She snuck into the room of one of her friends and seduced him, sating her unnatural hunger for the first time, but her actions were discovered the morning after.

She was set to be burned at the stake when the head of her mother's order found out, but her mother and the friends she'd made managed to smuggle her out the night before. Augustina has been on the run ever since, remaining alone and attempting to uphold the values she'd been taught growing up. She's fought the invaders, bandits, and even some of her father's kindred over the years, and has only fed as sparingly as is possible, but even that much has caused her to pick up a few kinks over the years.

Physically, Augustina has her mother's blond hair, but her demonic side shows in her dark red eyes. Years of training has left her fairly athletic, but her curves show even through her thick armor. Besides her eyes, the only mark of her demonic side is the long, sinuous, spade-tipped tail that snakes out from just above her bottom, and otherwise she appears completely human.

The OOC section: For great justice!

Last edited:

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: GargantuaBlarg Test Thread

Augustina Carpenter!
Hit Points (HP): 65/65
Pleasure to Orgasm (PP): 45/45
Spirit Energy (EP): 50/50
Status = Not too shabby.

The Empire of Badaria. It had stood for so long - and yet, when the invasion two years ago hit, it's undead ruler had vanished along with practically half of his subjects - entire cities just up and being abducted, craftsmen, scholars, artisans. Even the Necropolis, the Lich King's seat of power, had been stolen away by the enigmatic gray invaders. Without his hand to keep the rest of Badara in check, the rest crumbled, fighting over who should have the right of rulership in his stead.

Compounded with that, an industrial border town that had been the site of the Sixth Invasion had similarly been repopulated by otherworldly beings - the former Artmirst was now Acheron, city of demons. Though it had never really recovered from it's ravaging, remaining for all intents a ghost town, it was yet another affront to the weakened Badaria's sovreignty.

In such a place, it was easy for Augustina to avoid the hounds of her former order, and it was just as easy to find wrongs to right and evil to smite. Warlords vied for power, bandits preyed on everything they could, the predators of the night and the wilds stalked unchecked, and the everpresent threat of the invaders and their indoctrinated servants. Badaria had never been a very nice place, either... the Lich King had always restricted the art of magic, keeping it and the similar power of natural spiritual abilities restricted. With him gone, enforcement of those policies had grown lax, many of the lawmakers not caring - but it was still a rather dangerous thing to flaunt. Coupled with the attitude Badaria carried toward women...

Surprisingly, there was little threat from the demons of Acheron... the seemed content to dwell in the light of the sun, now that they had finally managed to establish a foothold in the world of men... but for how long would they sit so content?

Augustina found herself on the road, having departed another village that she had recently freed from the predations of one bandit gang or another. It was midmorning, and the birds were singing in the trees the road cut through, as if the land weren't in grave turmoil. Perhaps, for them, it wasn't - no powerhungry nobles or violent brigands were taxing their nests for eggs, and they weren't being abducted by the grays to be turned into brainwashed, servile tentaclebirds, after all.

She had been on the road some three days without any real incident - a few wolves, a giant spider, nothing she couldn't handle - but today, she happened upon a wagon full of fresh vegetables and other provisions, pulled off to the side, one wheel missing. Four guards from one noble's little army or another were around it, as well as a man and a woman - normal ol' peasants, judging by their dress. While one man was staring into the woods nearby, at least appearing to be keeping watch, another was arguing with the pair of peasants, and the last two of the soldiers appeared to be sitting against the wagon, playing cards.

"This wouldn't have happened if you kept a damn spare wheel!" the guard shouted.

"We DID have a spare wheel! You took it, just like you're takin' our damn harvest!" the male peasant shouted back.

"We're NOT takin' it! You'll be paid!"

"I haven't seen a denarii yet!"

"We've gone OVER this, you dumb dirt farmer! You'll be PAID when we get ta' the camp!"

"Half what it's worth, I bet! Sellsword brigand! And how do I know you just ain't gonna jus' take it n' press me and my sister inta service or somethin', once we get there?!"

"Ha! What're we gonna do with someone who's as scrawny as you are?!"

"You damn sonnova..." the commoner shouted, winding a fist back to throw a punch, before being stopped by his sister.

"HA! Go fish!" shouted one of the other guards on the ground triumphantly, while his counterpart glared at him.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Augustina watched the exchange wearily from a distance, making no attempt to hide herself or the fact that she was watching them but also remaining apart. She could only guess at the truth of either man's claims, and therein lay the problem. The paladin idly lamented the lack of simplicity while simultaneously thanking the heavens that there weren't any monsters to fight, encounters with dark creatures a fact of life these days that had been thankfully not too dangerous for her over the last few days. Granted, she'd been worried that the bite from the spider shed fought would get infected for a while, but she'd kept it clean and it had healed quickly without even leaving a scar.

Shaking herself out of her reminiscence, the knight contemplated what to do. The guards didn't seem to bullying the peasants too harshly, at least not right now, but she did have an idea of what might happen to the two if the peasant's concerns proved to be true. But even so, the soldiers didn't seem to be unreasonable, and they had seemingly offered the stranded pair some help. The peasant man's hot blooded response wasn't helping matters, but perhaps a little intervention on her part could avoid any bloodshed, maybe even get the peasant's spare wheel back so that they could be on their way in peace.

Her decision made, Augustina started forward again in a casual walk, heading right for the downed wagon and the people around it. Once she got fairly close, say about twenty feet away, she called out; "Excuse me! Is there a problem here?" Her voice and her expression were both friendly, and with no helmet to cover her pretty face the paladin's appearance and demeanor hopefully did at least a little to make up for the hand resting on her sword and the shield hanging from her back, not to mention the heavy plate armor covering most of her body.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The pair playing cards looked up at Augustina as she approached, standing up and getting ready for a fight, just in case she meant to start something. The man watching the woods gave her a glance as well, but turned back to watch the treeline, and the farmer girl's eyes flicked from the argument in front of her and the heavily armored stranger walking up to them.

The two men arguing didn't notice her, however, too caught up in yelling at each other, the soldier egging the farmer on and saying something about 'listening to the woman, John'. When she finally called out to them, the irate soldier glared at her a moment, before barking out "What's it to ya? Move along!" at her.

"Don't be an ass, Hugo," one of the soldiers that'd been playing cards berated.

The angry soldier - Hugo, as it were - growled at the soldier that spoke, and then, after glaring at Augustina a little longer, gave her an explanation of what the situation was.

"We're soldiers in Duke Vernon Burke's army, and we were transportin' a shipment of food-"

"OUR food! That they haven't paid for!" the farmer in the back shouted.

"Shaddap! As I was sayin', transportin' a shipment of food to the Duke's camp in Kegrove, when this cart's wheel broke. The rest of the train went on, sayin' they'd send a man back with a replacement, once they got ta' camp. It's not that far up the road Ain't no problem, just that John 'ere's got 'is panties in a bunch fer no good reason!"

"Go soak yer head! Ya march inta my village, then demand the harvest and everythin' else we have? How're we supposed ta feed ourselves like that?!"

Hugo turned around and prodded the farmer right in the chest. "We left ya enough ya log-head! If'n it were any other noble they'da just taken it all, that's that!"

"Far's I can see that's all that's happenin' right now, ya bandit!"

Augustina'd heard of this Duke Vernon Burke. Though as much a power-grabbing warlord as any of the other Badarian nobles were, he was relatively fair. He probably would pay them, as they said... though it was unlikely to be much more than a pittance. In times like this, though, who's to say he retained his measure of morals? In hard times, people often found those a luxury they couldn't afford - a few farmers could hardly retaliate if he didn't keep up his word, and who's to say he hadn't been subverted by the invaders yet, either?

The arguing pair were literally butting heads now, shoving themselves against each other as if that would make them more right.

The card-playing soldier broke them up, grumbling. "Enough. By the King, you two are annoying," he said. "Either way, we're stuck here until that replacement comes. We're near enough to Kegrove there's probably no danger, but there ain't a lot to do down here - you look pretty well armed, the Duke might make it worth yer while if you lent him yer mace. Otherwise, there's a lot more t'do up the road than there is down 'ere."

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The heavily armored woman made no aggressive moves as the card players rose, giving them a disarming smile before turning her attention back to the two men doing the brunt of the speaking. The irritated bark that the soldier had issued toward her had seemingly slid right off of her without bothering her in the slightest, which in truth it hadn't. She'd received her share of harsh words, and had long ago ceased to be bothered by them. Standing a comfortable distance from the soldier and the peasants, she listened to the former's explanation of events with a pleasant smile and without diverting her attention to the latter even when he interrupted.

Though she was hardly one to mingle with them, Augustina at least had cursory knowledge of many of the remaining Badarian noble houses, and Duke Vernon Burke was among those she had heard of. By all accounts not a terrible man, she suspected that both men were telling the truth to one degree or another, and though the price that the farmers would receive probably wasn't really what their crops were worth, they'd get more than what many of the less scrupulous Badarian lords would have given them. Not being one to kill men doing their jobs simply because their lord was forcing the hands of a few, Augustina wasn't about to attack them for making off with these people's food if they were paying them something for it. That said, there were other methods of persuasion available to her besides the weapons at her side.

Stepping closer to the apparent commander of the men left to watch over this particular cart, Augustina offered him a disarming smile as she drew near enough to get a hint of her scent. She continued to ignore the aggrieved farmer for now, knowing that avoiding violence required placating those with the means to enact violence first. "I find myself with nothing to urge me to hurry onwards, so I think I'll remain here and wait for your friends if that's alright with you gentlemen. I've been on the road for a while and could use a bit of company, you see."

Glancing at the men who had been playing cards after one of them broke up the brewing fight between the farmer and the other soldier, Augustina smiled sweetly and asked; "I might take up such a task if it interests me, but for now I am in no real need of coin. Besides, I kind of like it here, and walking in with you lot isn't much different than walking in by myself now is it? What were two you playing earlier?" She'd never been particularly good at cards, and knew only a few games overall, but she did her best to seem interested. A moment later and assuming that she hadn't been told to buzz off again, Augustina turned back to the man who'd been arguing with the farmer and said; "What is Lord Burke collecting all of the food for? I hadn't heard of any famines or large wars coming up, and I assumed that the nobles preferred to acquire their food as needed rather than in bulk."

There was only a brief pause, not enough time for the man to respond before Augustina went on; "And what's Kergrove? I haven't heard of it before."

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Augustina Carpenter! Oh god, I forgot this last time.
Status = Not too shabby.

The effect of Augustina's pheromones was subtle at first, but escalated quickly; Hugo's deep scowl started to relax, and his eyes started roaming over Augustina's body - quite pleasant to look at, even under her all of her armor. "Erm... uh..."

"Well, you seem like a nice girl. I don't see why not," said the other man who'd spoken, filling in for the dumbstruck Hugo, who apparently was too confused by the sudden intrusion of lewd thoughts Augustina was sure he was having. While Hugo's bushy black chin curtain had been quite obvious, now that she had a closer look, the more reasonable soldier seemed to have a small, graying moustache decorating his face as well, and he looked older than the others there. "I'm Bertrand, that there's Hugo, as you heard. M'partner here's Ulman, the one keepin' watch is Van, and the pair here's John and Mary." Van cradled a shotgun as he watched the trees, in addition to the shield and sword the others had.

"As fer what we were playin', it was just Fish," he continued. "Weren't no coin involved, we're just passin' the time we could get a move on again. They're really takin' their sweet time about it," he said, glancing up the road. "You're free to free to join in, if ya want," he said. "I'm losin' this round anyway," he added, before sitting back down, Ulman giggling. His laugh clashed a little with his appearance, perhaps - he was a pretty big guy.

When she turned back to Hugo and asked her two questions, he answered her right away - quite loudly. "WEELLLL, ma'am, our great Lord Burke has saw fit to exterminate the troubles plaguing this particular fief, for they are quite enormous, you see! There is a vile bandit gang lurking these parts, headed by a traitorous former captain of Badaria's armies! In addition, the invader threat has been making inroads in the neighboring fief, so Lord Burke has seen fit to increase the reach of his illustrious domain, and take the neighboring villages under his protection, as Lord Kruger, who administrates them presently, is far too weak to do so!"

Obviously, Augustina's pheromone's effects on his hostility toward her were quite pronounced. He was trying pretty hard at being macho to try to impress her.

"Aaas for Kegrove, my lady, I'm not surprised you haven't heard of it - it's just a podunk village in the middle of nowhere!" John scowled at his back at that. "However, due to it's location, Lord Burke has occupied it and turned it into his center of authority for this campaign - dragging it from obscurity to dwell in the light of our kingdom's history! With his army, he has brought Badaria's finest smiths, surgeons, tacticians, builders, and, of course-" he gave an audible pause and stood stood up straighter, "-soldiers! We have fortified it with a palisade wall, gates, and towers, upon which, Lord Burke has installed cannons, to strike down any flying grey monster that is foolish enough to approach!"

John - who had grouchily hopped up to sit on the driver's seat of the wagon, now that he was being ignored - scoffed. "What about us? There's still a monster plaguing our village, and what's Burke done about that? Nothin'! Just sent you lot to come and take our food!"

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Augustina smiled patiently as the man's eyes worked their way over her armored body, accustomed to and even a little welcoming of the gesture by now. When Bertrand began to speak in place of the momentarily dumbstruck Hugo, the paladin turned toward him and listened with the same smile, nodding to each person in turn as they were introduced even if they didn't so much as glance at her in acknowledgement. When he described the card game they'd been playing the knight gave a delighted "ooh" and said, "I actually know that one~! Perhaps I will play a game or two with you while we wait."

She didn't move to do as such immediately of course, as she listened to Hugo's explanation of the going's on in these parts while maintaining a look of intense interest in everything thing that the man was saying. It wasn't a facade, not really at least, as she was telling her a great deal that was of interest to her. So Lord Burke was expanding his domain? While it certainly seemed like a grab for more personal power, there was no denying that the lands were in turmoil, and more guards about like the men around her might serve to restore a bit of order that would be good for all in the long run, even if it meant hardships for some. It wasn't perfect, but Augustina was enough of a realist to know that sometimes the ideal solution was unobtainable.

"It certainly sounds impressive! Lord Burke seems to be a prudent leader!" Augustina said brightly, but then turned up toward John the farmer as he complained about a monster plaguing his village. "What is this about a monster? I've had some experience dealing with them before. Perhaps I can be of assistance? I'm sure that Lord Burke would send someone to take care of it in time, but I understand how these things can need immediate attention."

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Augustina Carpenter!
Status = Not too shabby.

"Too right, m'lady, on both accounts! The impressivest! The prudentest! Haaaaahahahaha!" Hugo responded, his loud and rather forced laughter startling some of the birds out of the trees. He suddenly turned to look her in the face. "You're very quick on the uptake for a lady," he said, giving her a big smile. His fellow soldiers, evidently accustomed to his awkwardness, ignored him, but the two farmers rolled their eyes at each other.

When she turned to find more out about Farmer John's plight, though, his face fell, and he sidled off to the side to sulk.

"Oh, it's a terrible creature," John started. "It's a huge thing, made a' movin' vines and bigger n' a cottage! When it first appeared, it smashed up ol' Eli's place, and then decreed that if'n we didn't give it two of our animals in tribute every month, it'd come back and knock the rest of the village down 'round our ears, take as many as it wanted, and kill the rest!" His sister nodded. "We thought we'd be okay for awhile if we just stuck to our harvest... but then these here brutes came, and took away from both that and our flocks! We'll surely starve if we don't get rid of that monster - and we might even, still, with so much of our harvest gone!"

"The money we get is probably going to go right back into buying from the camp's stocks..." Mary said forlornly, to which her brother bitterly added, "No doubt for far more than they paid us."

"Now, wait just a minute!" Hugo said, stomping over, obviously intent on continuing their fight.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Augustina smiled graciously at Hugo for the compliment, even managing to effect a slight blush for his benefit. He still sidled off to the side to sulk, but for the moment Augustina decided to ignore him and concentrate on the villager's explanation of his problem. The knight wore a sympathetic expression throughout the farmer's tale, nodding and giving the man her full attention. When he finished, Augustina frowned darkly and prepared to ask questions, but Hugo's interjection forced her to alter her course of action.

The woman pointedly got between the soldier and the farmer, a sweet smile on her face as she lightly said, "Oh I'm sure that's not true at all! Why, the honorable soldiers of Lord Burke would never cheat his newest subjects and alienate them in such a manner! Isn't that right?" She asked the last question rather poignantly, "Right?"

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Augustina Carpenter!

Status = Not too shabby.

"Ah-" uttered Hugo as he stopped in his tracks. "Why, of course not! We are but humble servants, who enact his wishes for the betterment of all of us!" Waving a hand at John dismissively, he continued; "See, peasant? Even the stranger that's been here for just five minutes gets it! Just because you think we're out to get you doesn't mean we are! Gahahahaha..."

Hugo turned around and walked off to stare back down the road in hopes of spotting the man with the replacement wheel. John glared at his back, and muttered "Damn pi..." before he stopped - his sister grabbing his arm to get his attention and motioning towards Augustina. Mary seemed to be giving her an odd look...

Meanwhile, Van, the man keeping watch on the woods, sneezed.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Wondering whether Hugo was actually telling the truth or not, Augustina nonetheless went on following the soldier's response to her disarming words, "And he would never dream of pushing hardship upon his subjects, knowing as he does that they are responsible for paying the taxes that fund his reign, sending the troops that fill his militias, and growing the crops that feed him and his guards. Correct? I'm sure that you, as an officer and a gentleman, will do everything in your power to make sure that these two receive enough to acquire the supplies that they'll need to survive the winter comfortably. Am I right? I do find men of such honor very.... Appealing...."

Augustina's attention was drawn from Hugo's response to her mildly suggestive comment by the farmer's wife, Mary, gesturing at her as she silenced her husband, and the half demon stared back in confusion. "What?" she asked evenly and without challenge in her voice, "Is something the matter?" Van's sneeze drew a quick glance from the paladin, more out of surprise at the sound than any genuine concern, and she had turned back to John and Mary quickly enough as she awaited their response.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Augustina Carpenter!

Status = Not too shabby.

Perception: Success

Waugh, John and Mary are brother and sister, not spouses. Also, Hugo doesn't appear especially high ranked or authoritative over the rest of the group - he just has an affinity for being loud and abrasive. And talking things up. I don't know if I mentioned that earlier, and probably should have if I didn't, honk. <_>

Hugo quickly slowed to a stop as the object of his obvious desire continued where the conversation where he thought he'd ended it. He stood there a moment, back still turned to Augustina and the farmers. A drawn out "Eeehhhh..." making it evident he was a little lost for words.

"W-well... O-of course not, my lady!" He stammered as he turned around. "Lord Burke would do his utmost to... ah... to treat his subjects with perfect justness in normal times! ...But, understand, these are hard times for us all! Our Great Regent has disappeared, we are beset by foes everywhere! Lord Burke must work for the good of all and for the army, if he is to succeed in bringing peace to the land!"

John and Mary obviously weren't satisfied with that answer, John glowering at the man visibly, while Mary looked a little more forlorn than she had already been. Hugo's vitriol once again curbed by his desire to please the Paladin, quickly spoke up again. "Aah... b-but, of course, Lord Burke wouldn't leave you to starve! Oh, no no no, that would not do, there wouldn't be any sense in weakening his power base after all! Yes, I'm sure that... uhh... as an officer-" A slight wheezing sound came from behind them, which made Hugo pause and make a face at -"and a gentleman-" he continued, at which point a sharp giggle joined the wheeze.

Interrupted again, Hugo glared daggers behind Augustina, where if she turned she would see Bertrand and Ulman having a very good chuckle as they sat where they were. It would take the pair awhile to calm down, after which Hugo would resume speaking again.

"But yes, I'll... I'll uh... I'll make sure to... uh... 'discuss the special circumstances involved in your supply of provisions' with... with Lord Burke." He didn't seem to look forward to the prospect at all, even turning a little pale.

When Augustina turned back to the two farmers, Mary seemed to be gesturing for John to continue... though, John seemed confused as to what she wanted. Finally - with an brief, irritated, sideways glance that seemed a little odd from how meek she had been up until now - Mary asked Augustina herself.

"You said you've had experience with monsters before, Miss?"

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Derp on my part on the brother/sister thing. On Hugo, I figured that but Augustina would assume that, because he's talking, he has some sort of clout.)

"Good! I knew that you would!" Augustina replied with a bright smile after sitting patiently through Hugo's awkward assurance that he would see to it that he would do all in his power to ensure that the peasants got a good deal for their food. Of course, she didn't actually expect him to be able to do much of anything, but the attempt was worthwhile in and of itself. Augustina made sure to let Hugo know so as well, as she sidled up to him so that she was nearly up against his chest and said, "I do find men of honor so... Appealing.... Perhaps we can speak more later, Hugo? I'm sure that you could assist me in being as useful as I possibly can while I'm in the area."

She didn't overdo it, breaking their proximity a moment later while smiling serenely at him for a moment, trying to gauge his reaction. Of course, other concerns were present, and she lingered her gaze upon Hugo for only a moment longer before turning back towards John and Mary and adopting a more serious expression. "Yes," she replied evenly, "I've had to deal with monsters in the past. Why do you ask miss? Do you know something in particular about the monster troubling your village?"

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Augustina Carpenter!
Hit Points (HP): 65 /65
Pleasure to Orgasm (PP): 45 /45
Spirit Energy (EP): 50 /50

Status = Not too shabby.

Hugo tensed up at Augustina's sudden proximity. In the brief pause that hung at the end of her "appealing", the soldier even gulped visibly - no doubt thinking how appealing he found her... and perhaps, just how nice 'peeling' her clothes off would be. "Ehm... yes... I- we, we can... assist... your area, later..."

Bertrand continued his snickering in the background. Hugo was a babbler even when he wasn't so flustered, if Augustina's short experience with the man was any indication, but this was gibberish of an entirely different calibre.

A flash of motion caught the armored woman's eye, as Hugo pulled his hands back to his sides, having managed to sneak them unnoticed to hover just a few inches away from her rump. Evidently, at the last second, his self-control and desire to be - or, at least, appear - a gentleman getting the better of his urge to sneak a grope at the last minute.

"A-humm!" he harrumphed loudly, yanking his wandering eyes off Augustina's various assets and placing them firmly on something far above and behind her, that conveniently left her out of his field of vision, where he wouldn't be tempted to sneak anymore peeks at her loveliness. "Yes! We shall speak about... uh... usefulness! Later! ...Yes!" The paladin could see his adam's apple bob as he swallowed again.

At Augustina's inquiry, the farmgirl seemed surprised, and then shrunk away. "M-me? No - no, I don't know anything about it... it's just..."

"It's just, we're desperate, Miss. Please... d'you know anythin' about such a creature as the one plaguin' our animals? Anything we could do to stop it?"

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Augustina didn't miss the aborted grope, but she acted as if she had anyway as she smiled brightly to Hugo. Though it had been a close thing, he had managed to maintain his status as a gentlemen by not coping a feel, which Augustina would have been more disappointed by than angry at. Luckily he hadn't, and their interaction ended quite positively as she pulled away.

"I know only what you've told me so far, but I'd like to hear more. Anything else that you could tell me might be helpful. How it came to your village, how long ago, whether you've ever seen or heard of it attacking anyone, whether it's alone, a more detailed description.... Anything really. If you could tell me where it's lair is that might help as well, and anything else that you might be able to think of." Augustina replied in a clear, crisp voice. She was discussing her chosen profession after all, and she'd done this sort of thing before often enough to know the drill.

She didn't expect much in the way of useful information from either of them, but it never hurt to ask. "Sadly, the only option in these sorts of situations often turns out to be killing the monster that's responsible. Such isn't always the case of course, sometimes a creature is misunderstood or can be appeased by less costly methods, or even turned into an aid for a community, but I'm afraid those situations represent a minority. I'll do my best, but even with my experience there's no guarantee that I'll be able to defeat it. If such is the case it might make things worse for you, so I think it might be best to decide for your village whether you really want to risk making whatever is attacking you angrier by sending me out against it. I will respect your decision either way."

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Augustina Carpenter!
Hit Points (HP): 65 /65
Pleasure to Orgasm (PP): 45 /45
Spirit Energy (EP): 50 /50

Status = Not too shabby.

The humble brother and sister looked at each other, their faces filled showing worry over Augustina's warning. After just a glance, though, they turned back to look at her.

"Well... if such a beast be out of the scope of your ability, miss, then that can't be helped... still, it would do to hear about the creature first. It came to us..." John paused a moment, before turning to his sister. "...Four months?"

"Three," replied Mary, sounding quite sure. "Maddie's calf was three weeks old, remember?" His brother nodded, and the sister turned to explain to Augustina: "Maddie's calf was the first we offered it, along with one of our roosters." John nodded.

"None of us 'ave ever been fool enough to try'n slay the creature - errh, because, we haven't the skills or arms as you do, milady," he says, embarrassed and waving his hands to excuse his faux pas. "Er... we've never seen it with company... I'm not sure what kind of company a vine giant would keep, besides mayhap it's ilk. We think it's been just the one - but, truth be told, it doesn't have any distinguishing features fer me to tell it from another giant vine thing. As for it's lair... well... we've never tried to follow it. No doubt, a monster that size could kill us if it found us tryin' ta tail it... the thing comes out of the woods on the west end of the village, so it's probably somewhere out that way, though, but more 'n 'at, I can't say."

"Hmph." Hugo grunted, within hearing distance. He evidently didn't approve of the villager's lack of valor, but thankfully, he didn't interrupt again - perhaps trying to avoid another interrogation from Augustina.

"Details? Well... um..."

"It's bigger than a cottage, but only just," Mary chimed in. In her travels in this region so far, Augustina had found the cottages in this region of Badaria to be made of timbers, wattle and daub, with thatched roofs - perhaps 13 or so feet tall. Certainly good protection against the every day ravages, like wild animals and weather. Against a giant monster's fists, though, it wasn't likely to put up much resistance. "It's thick as... say, a really big, old tree. Maybe... three people, holding hands in a circle? That large. It doesn't really have a face or legs - it's just the trunk of a body, with two big arms coming out the sides, all writhing vines. When it comes to take the animals, the vines of it's skin just reach out and drag them inside it Sometimes... sometimes, you can even hear them still bleating as it disappears back into the woods..."

A barely audible grunt came from Hugo, who suddenly looked a little less eager to prove his valor as well.

Meanwhile, Van sneezed again. Really hard, this time.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Augustina listened impassively to the villager's answers to her questions regarding the creature plaguing their home, making no comment. She needn't ask any more questions to figure out what the creature attacking them was, or at least give a good guess at it, but if her guess was correct... Well, it wasn't good. Such a creature surpassed her in many of her greatest strengths, and her more unorthodox abilities wouldn't have any effect on it either. All the same, if she had to fight it, she would fight it, and aim to win if she could. "Thank you for your information... If there's anyone in your village that might know more about this creature, I'd like to talk to them before I confront this thing," Augustina said evenly, but then she turned somewhat irritably toward Van at his second, louder sneeze, "Are you quite alright? Do you have a cold of some sort?"

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Augustina Carpenter!
Hit Points (HP): 65
Spirit Energy (EP): 50

Status = Not too shabby.

"Someone else?" "We usually just tie the animals to a post, and wait until the thing comes and takes them, so I don't know if anyone in the village would know much more than we do..." "Hmm... what about Velamie, sister? You know how he is." As the brother and sister discussed between themselves who else from the village Augustina might consult, Augustina turned her attention to Van.

"No, ma'am," the man said, wiping his nose vigorously on his sleeve. "Is' jus', sometimes, da flowers n' trees n' tings get ta' me."

It kinda sounded like he was going to continue... but he didn't, leaving an awkward silence hanging in the air for a moment before he spoke up again, turning to look at the half-demon. "Tho', sometimes I start sneezin' if 'ere's danger aroun'... bu' wea' like, therdy minutes from camp! Is' prolly jes' da yella ivyblooms, dey always drive m'nose nuts."

On cue, the side of the wagon exploded, splinters flying out toward the bushes as a roar and a cloud of smoke wafted out from the brush. A cabbage seemed to detonate, and Mary tumbled from the seat of the wagon, her brother jumping down after her, practically screaming.

"Get 'em, before they can get themselves together!"

Out of the smoke came a group of what looked like seven men, all but one of them levelling a long rifle affixed with a bayonet at the end at the group, running. The seventh appeared to be holding a pistol and saber, which he was waving over his head as they charged.

Augustina was able to afford a small look around before she did anything - John was already trying to tug his sister out of the way, and the horses, both still hitched to the cart, reared - though, apparently, without their wheel, they didn't seem to be able to move the cart significantly. Bertrand and Ulman were scrambling to their feet with their weapons, and Hugo had not only already yanked his sword and shield to the ready, but was already slinging an ungodly amount of foul language at their ambushers. Van looked to have been caught off guard, bloodied and on the ground, leaning against one of the wagon's wheels. For a split second, Augustina thought he might be dead... but that thought was thankfully dispelled. He didn't get up, but instead reached out for his gun, leveling it at the attackers.

When Augustina looked at them again, they were almost on them - some fifteen feet away, and closing quickly.

I say fifteen, but I really mean ten/close-enough-that-you-can-hit-them-if-you-want-to-because-they're-running-at-you.

ENEMIES
Six dudes with rifles, with bayonets-affixed
One dude with a saber and pistol
Waugh

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Ahhh, allergies? Those are a pain. I'm allergic to shellfish myself, once ate a single shrimp and couldn't move for a day and a half. It was retched, I couldn't imagine dealing with something like that on a daily basis, even if it is just sneezing!" Augustina said during the man's pause, and she continued just as he finished "Have you tried any remedies? I met an alchemist once who-" the half demon's sentence was ended prematurely as a series of shots rang out, splinters exploding from the side of the cart as bullets tore into its side.

Augustina raised a hand to cover her face reflexively as the debris from the rained down at her, watching from the corner of her vision as Mary and John both tumbled off of the wagon, the woman falling first and her brother jumping down after her. She heard the shout coming from the figures emerging from the bushes, and even as the riflemen grew more distinct they likely saw her form begin to glow softly through the confusion caused by their opening attack. Her outline was soon bright enough to be visible through any cloud of battle, and as the last syllable of the leader of the attack group's orders left his lips another sound came. Augustina's sword came free of its sheath at her hip with an audible ring, and as she brought her shield off of her back as well she raised the blade into the air.

A wave of the red light now emanating from her body and burning from her eyes spread out across the battlefield, and as it passed over each of her companions they would feel the same strength of will suddenly passing over her strengthen their resolve. "STAND AND FIGHT!!!" she shouted to her companions, but what she said next was directed straight at the man with the rapier and the gun in each hand, and if such wasn't clear enough by her words then the point of her longsword directed straight at his heart probably cleared up any confusion; "FOUL BRIGAND, DIE ON YOUR FEET OR FALL TO YOUR KNEES IN SURRENDER, NOW!!!"

Blessing, X = 6. Augustina's Spirit Ceiling is only 4, so that's 8 EP and 2 HP.
Her and all allies within 30 feet gain a +18 bonus to Dodge and attack rolls, as well as a +12 bonus to Perception and Resistance. Huzzah!

Also, I advise you not to roll in clumps. Starting up a big battle like this can be hectic and intimidating, and just using one roll for each group of similar attacks is generally my favorite tactic for minimizing the amount of shit that I have to do.

Last edited:

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Augustina Carpenter!
Hit Points (HP): 63/65
Spirit Energy (EP): 42/50

Status = Performance-enhanced.
Blessing at X = 6. +18 bonus to Dodge/attack; +12 bonus to Perception/Resistance

Allies!
Hugo. Looks alright.
Bertrand. Looks alright.
Ulman. Looks rather shitty.
Van. Shot up pretty bad.

Enemies!
Six bandits, three injured
One bandit lieutenant

Rolls:
Van's attack: Yep.
Damage: 6, 4, 8 + 8 = 26

Bandit charge: 16 + 47 = 63
Everyone makes it but Ulman, and I reconsider the wisdom of giving them varying stat bonuses.

2 hits: 3d6 + 13
5 5 6
2 2 1
21 + 26 = 47 - 20 = 27

Soldiers attack
16 + 25 + 12 + 18 = Yep.
Dmg 1 3 + 15. Two hit one guy, the third hits another guy.

Lt shoots his gun, but your Dodge is like 30 above his, so I'm pretty sure that's just a miss, right.

The guards all raised a shout as one at Augustina's rallying cry - even Van managing a groan, though he still couldn't pull himself to his feet. Issuing her challenge to the man apparently in charge of their attack, the leader responded by shouting another order at his men.

"That witch is doing some kind of magic! Kill 'er!"

The bandits continued their charge forward - not pausing, even for a blast from the wounded Van - but the soldiers, invigorated with Augustina's magics, quickly scrambled into place first, the three of them lined up, shields raised at the enemy, maneuvering such that they blocked any passage to their wounded comrades, the cart, or Augustina behind them. The bandits crashed into the trio, trying to use their momentum to smash through, but they held firm - no doubt Augustina's bolstering resolve helping them weather the charge. Both Hugo and Bertrand deflected the bayonets easily, but the big-framed Ulman wasn't so able - catching a glancing blow and a dreadfully direct stab into his side.

Despite his injuries, though, he returned as good as he got with the other two, thrusting from behind their shelter to stab at their assailants. Hugo and Bertrand zeroed in on one bandit, both of them jabbing him with their blades as one, while Ulman found an opening and cut into another.

The leader, however, seemed fixated on Augustina, incredibly wary of whatever magic she had just done. He took aim at her and fired, but Augustina had little trouble deflecting his bullet with her shield.

It was clear the half-demon's blessing had greatly turned the tide in their favor, but they were still outnumbered, and even with Augustina's power, the injured farmer and her brother would stand little chance if any of the rogues managed to slip past the soldiers.