What's new

GD 109 - Isabella Greenway

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score
Re: GD 109 - Isabella Greenway

Watched by more than one, for different reasons...

~~~
Landing with a gentle thump into something soft, Isabella finds herself having seemingly fallen from her bed. Though upon righting herself and rubbing her eyes she finds herself in a strange place, a brightly lit forest made of tall pink towering
fluffy and soft fibers. The densely packed twisting trees of shag carpet stretch as far as she can she, blocking her view in all directions, whilst above is nothing but a sky of blinding white light.

Last edited:
OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Looking around for a moment Isabella shakes her head, trying to shake away what she assumes to be a hallucination. When that didn't work she lifts a hand up, and closing her eyes the girl slaps herself across the face. Again that didn't work. With a sigh Isabella begins to walk, wondering where she has ended up.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

~As she walks through the bizarre forest, as far as Isabella can tell it goes on forever. No distinguishing features or landmarks anywhere to be seen. Even looking back, the "trees" she's already passed almost seem as if they've subtly shifted and rearranged themselves. Just as she's beginning to feel increasingly lost, she spots something in the distance, barely visible in between the endless pink fibrous trunks. Taking a step to get a better view, she realises that it's Grace. Slowly walking alone, looking round in a daze.~

Last edited:
OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Isabella squints at the figure in the distance, trying to work out who or what it it is until realisation dawns on her.

"Grace!" Isabella shouts out to the older girl, now breaking into a sprint to reach her.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

~Hearing the call, Grace stops and looks round, staying put as Isabella approaches. Strangely as she sprints over, navigating her way through the trees, Isabella could almost swear they were leaning in as if to block her. Even surprised to accidentally bump her shoulder into one unexpectedly despite normal efforts to make enough room. Luckily the thick pink trunks were as soft as ever and she just brushes past. She reaches Grace regardless with no difficulty, and the trees seem to behave themselves, standing motionless once more. Grace also remains standing on the spot. She waves at Isabella, but says nothing. Rather than her normal cheerful self, she has a somewhat conflicted look, and after briefly acknowledging her friend, her gaze continues to wander round the abstract forest as if looking for something other than Isabella to pay attention to.~

Last edited:
OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

"Uh...Grace, are you alright?" Isabella asks her concern in her voice, first looking at Grace then following her gaze. "Do you know where we are? We was in my room, right?"

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

~Following the gaze Isabella would she nothing more than the same endless sprawl of pink fibres stretching up into the featureless sky. Grace responds only to the first question with a subdued laugh, then another at the second question. Head hung slightly her gaze runs along the soft fabric like ground for a moment, before looking up towards Isabella once more, with an expression of amused disbelief, and finally speaking. "Well it's your rug silly."~

OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

"What do you mean 'my rug'? You were sleeping on it, it's not this big," A look of concern is etched across Isabella's face, her voice taking on a worried tone. Isabella then takes Grace by the hand and pulls her gently. "Come on, lets find a way out of here."

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

~At hearing Isabella's logical reply, Graces face twists into surprised confusion as if its the most absurd thing she's ever heard. With her hand being taken, she compliantly follows, "Alright then." She answers half heartedly, falling into step walking along just behind Isabella. As they walk Grace puts little effort into looking for any kind of exit, her eyes tracing the floor most of the time, creeping up to watch Isabella's back once, before flicking back down, and then coming to rest on their linked hands. Her gaze remains locked on Isabella's hand with a guilty fascination. Without warning, the girl in front would feel a thumb stroking tenderly across the back of her hand. "Every thing is soft..." Grace mutters, seemingly to herself as she continues to simply gaze down at her hand and carries on.~

OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Her head spinning around in all directions trying to spot a way out of where ever they have wound up in Isabella fails to notice Grace's thumb stroking her hand at first, though as it continues her attention is brought to it.

"Uh...Grace..." Isabella starts, though realises that its not what should be at the top of the list of things to get sorted out right now. "Yeah, that's another odd feature of this place...guess I'll have to add it to the growing list.

"This just doesn't make any sense..." After what feels like eternity Isabella speaks once more as she comes to a stop, exasperation in her voice. "Could this be Charles' doing? Maybe it's one of his powers, I imagine he didn't show us everything during that battle... Though this does remind me of a story my parents told me once. It was hundreds of years ago, one of my ancestors, when he was a child drew a picture of a forest in his sketchbook, making the tree's on the edges of the paper link up. For some reason it created a looped forest, maybe this could be a similar thing? I wish I had my sketchbook on me now..."

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Grace remains quiet as Isabella speaks and ponders out loud, amazingly unfazed by the overall situation. Suddenly a familiar and foreboding voice speaks out from behind them both, "My doing? And why ever would you think that?" Charles in less than friendly tones. Turning they would both see the once again armoured figures stepping out from behind a trunk. Though this time, rather than a sword, he held a certain sketch book. "What's the matter. Looking for something?"

Grace simply takes a step away from Charles, frowns hatefully, and clutches the hand tighter.

OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

At the sound of Charles' voice Isabella whips around, her eyes narrowing as the girl glares at the armoured man. Isabella notices Grace's hand tighten in hers and she briefly turns to face the older girl, nodding once to signal that she can handle this.

"Why shouldn't I believe this is your doing?" Isabella asks Charles, her voice coming out louder and more aggressive than she intended to. "And give me back my scketchbook." Despite her smaller and weaker frame Isabella was ready to protect Grace this time, willing to tackle her fears and become stronger from it if Charles was to attack them. Sure, Isabella knew she'd probably fare worse than Charles but she's willing to give it a try even if it'll only buy Grace some time to escape.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

"Hah!" Charles spits back, starting a malicious slow walk towards them. The atmosphere seeming to darken as he approaches. "Soon it won't matter what you believe. I'll strangle the life out of you and your little friend, then the rest of them, and continue what I started. Which of you shall I crush first?" He says flexing a metallic gauntlet.

OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

"S-stay away!" Isabella shouts out to Charles, her voice wavering slightly with fear. I..I can do this..I've got to do this... Isabella thinks to herself as Charles continues to move slowly towards the two of them, and as the gap between the three of them close Isabella closes her eyes, gulps and releases Grace's hand. Shoving the older girl backwards out of harms way Isabella sprints towards Charles with the intention of snatching up her sketchbook, praying that he doesn't smash her in the face. Or anywhere else for that matter.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Realising what Isabella is about to do as she is pushed back Grace immediately reaches forwards again in a failed attempt to try and stop her from charging. As she reaches the fiend, he makes no attempt to defend the book, even letting her grab a hold of it. But even with the momentum of her sprint, she's stopped in her tracks by his unyielding single handed grip in the book. An armour clad hand shoots forwards spread wide as if to grab her by the face, before suddenly clashing against a field just before her. Before Isabella can do anything else to react, she would find herself falling off balance as the book comes free, and Charles having vanished before her eyes.

"UGH!!"
Grace chokes out behind her. Turning she would see Charles standing back where she had came from, suspending Grace high in the air clutching her by the throat as she kicked, squirmed, and clawed at the metal gauntlet.

OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Isabella fumbles for the sketchbook as she hits the barrier and falls backwards, landing on her backside as she snatches the book up. Quickly getting to her feet she spins around as she hears Grace making a choking sound.

"Let her go!" Isabella shouts at Charles, and doubting herself for a moment she then flips open her sketchbook. Her pen hovering over a blank page Isabella tries to think of something, anything that would be powerful enough to take out Charles, or even distract him long enough for the two of them to escape. Please let this work... Isabella thinks to herself as she puts pen to paper, quickly scrawling what she hopes will take down Charles.

As the girl finishes her picture she holds the book open, facing it towards Charles. A bright light shines from it, which is followed by a great scaled arm. Digging its sharp claws into the ground the beast slowly pulls itself out of the book, and within seconds a behemoth of a dragon stands between Isabella and Charles. Letting out a blood curdling roar the giant beast thunders towards Charles, its great snout opening wide.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Sneering at the sight of the roughly sketched dragon, Charles violently throws Grace aside, sending her flying into a carpet thread with a thump before tumbling haphazardly to the ground. The knight braces against the dragon, quickly grabbing at the top and bottom of it's jaw as it's maw comes down over him. Straining as he holds it open, before the dragon flicks it's head into the air, bring him with it and going airborne for a moment. The dragon bellow raises up to snatch it's now falling prey in it's razor lined maw, whilst Charles flicks his wrist, a long sword forming and extending rapidly from his gauntlet. The two meet, and Charles blade sinks into the top of the dragons skull, as the dragons teeth close around his mid section and lower body. A resounding metallic crunch as the maw closes fully and the armour visibly gives way. The dragon roars out, and thrashes around for a moment, smashing the top half of Charles to the ground as it does so, before crashing down, pushing aside and bending the trees as it lands on them. Soon beginning to blow away as mist like dust, despite there being no detectable wind in this place. Looking to the still remains of Charles would be strange also. The armour being empty, as it too began to crumble and disperse into dust. A short distance away, Grace remained lying still on the ground.

OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Isabella watches the dragon fight against Charles, then looks on in disbelief as Charles' apparently empty armour disintegrates and disperses into the air just like her dragon. She then pushes that to the back of her mind, worry setting in as she see's the still body of Grace lying on the floor.

"Grace, are you alright?" Isabella says, panic in her voice and face as she kneels next to Grace and lightly shakes the girl while checking to see if she's still breathing.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Isabella would be relieved to spot signs of life fairly quickly, as Grace moves slightly as she approaches. At being shaken she rolls over the rest of the way onto her back and groans regaining her senses. Seeing Isabella, and both other combatants dispersing behind her, she smiles with a faint laugh, looking off to one side. "Heh. Hi... I've got to get one of these rugs..."

OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

While glad Grace is safe Isabella is confused by the rug comment. Though deciding it wasn't worth asking about right at this minute Isabella gets back up and helps Grace to her feet.

"If this wasn't Charles' doing then who's trapped us here..?" Looking around once more Isabella tries to find a direction that would appear to offer a way out, though she soon gives up. "Are you going to be alright? Charles did throw you pretty hard, I don't want to continue walking until I know you're fine." Then realisation hits her. With her sketchbook the two of them could travel indefinitely without worrying about exhausting themselves.

Picking it up once more Isabella quickly goes to work sketching, and a moment later a large quadrapedal beast that resembles some kind of beast of burden combined with a feline climbs out of the book. Taking Grace's hand once more Isabella leads her over to the creature, and climbing atop its back she pulls Grace up, seating the older girl in front of her. Then to make sure Grace wouldn't fall off Isabella wraps her arms around Grace's waist, holding her close as the beast begins to walk at a steady pace.