What's new

Guns, Oil, and a pack of Cards (Robert, Chase, and Vince)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Pheonix Alugere

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Guns, Oil, and a pack of Cards (Robert, Chase, and Vince)

I think we can figure something for your wife and kid. Park your truck by the main entrance. As long as you're clean, we'll keep that to use as a mobile bunker. We're taking wooden planks and giving roofs and siding to the pickups we have while leaving them with gun holes. The idea is that it'll allow us to drive out and shoot the zombies without being in danger. Frank says before radioing a female officer over. Katie'll take your wife and kid to be checked out. Once they, and you, are cleared, we'll put any food you have in the stockpile as well as any guns and ammo unless you mean to join up with the people manning the barricades.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Alright, thanks Frank. I think I'll do that, it sounds better than sitting around at least." Bob replies, before going back to the truck and explaining the plan to the rest of the group. After they're on their way, he moves his truck to where Frank indicated. Once he's done, Bob gets in line to be checked with everyone else after handing Frank his handgun.

(Lazy Roleplaying.)

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

*giving a nod Chase had almost hoped to go out maybe even look for some other survivors. but as they moved over to stand in line for being checked Chase looked around briefly before taking the baggy shirt, coat, and toolbelt off having on a normal t-shirt on underneath for working in. balling the clothes up under an arm chase would stnd in line with the girls waiting for the female officer though wouldnt say anything.*

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

While the others were talking, Vince was still deciding what he wanted to do, really. He feared being caught, holing up with other people. On the other hand, he knew he didn't have it in him to tough it out on his own, and he wasn't going to put his life entirely in the hands of Johnny -- the man was a friend of circumstance, meaning that Vince wouldn't be surprised if the man took off, should the situation deem it a better opportunity.

And really, holing up with other people could afford opportunities of their own. It took him a while to get himself out of the truck -- he couldn't simply hop out of the bed, like the rest -- but once his mind was made up, he moved on into the ranks of men waiting for their damned inspection. No way he was going to do any kind of stripping down until he was told to, though. Zombie bites... feh. The practicality of these cops unnerved him more than a little.

OP
Pheonix Alugere

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Slowly, the lines move forward, with the female officer pulling Rachel away to inspect her in private while the men would strip in public. However, the process is halted a bit when Moira notices Chase in line behind her. What are you doing here lout? You should be over there. She says pointing towards the men's line.

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

"ya know what listen i have give little hints all day long simple subtle hints yes but obviously you dont catch on..stop being an ass for once and maybe you might realize why i'm waiting in the women's line.."

*Chase just stood staring at moira then waiting to see how long it would take to dawn on the woman*

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Standing in line between Johnny and the others, Vince glanced briefly over their destination and quickly looked back towards the barricades being erected, grimacing. "You look my way once and I'll slug you one," he grumbled at his companion-in-line.

OP
Pheonix Alugere

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Because you're a bloody pervert. Moira responds before turning back around and refusing to look at Chase. Shortly after, Rachel comes back and the officer takes Moira off to be checked. The men's line is going much faster, though, since they don't mind stripping in the streets, and Robert, Vince, and Johnny, are quickly declared clean.

Now, since it looks like your group'll be good, why don't you grab what you have in your truck and take any food you have to the back of the Wallmart. An officer there will show you where to take it. Also, as I said before, any guns and ammo you have stay at the barricades unless you plan to help out. Frank tells the Robert.

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

*chase mutters quietly an unpleasant remark about moira before waiting for a turn to be declared clean as well while waiting though chase would tuck the antique pistol into the toolbelt to hide it. it wasnt gonna be useful to the guards anyways but they werent getting it.*

OP
Pheonix Alugere

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Eventually, Moira returns and Chase goes to be inspected, returning later declared as clean. Ok, Robert, looks like your whole group is fully clean, so I'll be heading back to my post. Just follow the directions I gave you and you should be good.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

With that done, there was a whole new worry. "So what, we get nothin' to defend ourselves with if something goes to shit?" Vince asked, already feeling mighty out of his comfort zone. "There's trouble out there and the creeps get in, we've got a whole parking lot between us and the nearest weapon," he added, voice lowered to avoid notice from the cops proper. He still had no idea that Robert was a retired police officer.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Alright then;" Robert replies, before getting the food and water out of his truck and taking it to the back of the Wallmart, he kept his pistol on him since he fully intended to help at the barricade.

OP
Pheonix Alugere

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

The storage area at the back of the Wallmart seems to have transformed into a makeshift living area. Large crates have been stacked with boards nailed spanning between them to act as an elevated walkway with large clusters together in several spots. Apparently, the back up plan in case the barricades fell was to keep everyone above the reach of the zombies.

Upon seeing Robert, a police officer directs him to an area at the back of the storage lying at ground level that, while there was enough space for stuff to be handed from the outside to the inside, the only way to actually get in was from the elevated walkways.

You could always sign up for target practice from the barricades. They said you get to keep your gun if you volunteer to help with the defense. Johnny replies to Vince.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

((As far as I'd seen, the officer had only told Robert about the volunteer opportunities, and Robert never relayed that part unless I missed something. :\))

"They did, huh?" Vince asked, one brow raising as he fingered the rifle strap over his chest. It'd be the honorable thing to do, wouldn't it, though on the other hand it meant he got to keep the gun. That was a big enough advantage that it outweighed the stupid risks of being out at the barricade in the first place, right? "Well then, I might just have to go'n be honorable, then," he cocked a grin at Johnny. "You plan on doin' the same or are you gonna put your life in these guys' hands?"

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Robert takes the supplies where they need to go after examining the makeshift defenses. After that, he returns to the barricade outside.

(Very lazy of late.)

OP
Pheonix Alugere

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

My thought is that, if things go to Hell, having guns with us means we can try and escape on our own. As Robert comes back out, he's called over to the barricades automatically. Robert recognizes the man as having been a younger officer from back when he was in the force, although the man now displays a police chiefs emblem on his uniform. I don't recognize you: are you one of Milton's officers?

Tass was lazy in this post and only posted that he'd explained it to you guys.
(Also, he happens to be wearing his old police uniform so how you don't know he has ties to the force is beyond me)

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

((Frack, he is?! D: That totally didn't ping for me. WELL, that changes a lot. :x Sorry, unobservant I guess.))

Vince nodded. "Mine too." That said, he ambled to the entrance with his supplies in hand, his rifle over his shoulder as well. If they were confronted to have his weapon taken, he'd speak up. In the meantime he'd assume that they assumed that he was planning on joining the barricade ranks. For now, he needed to drop off his supplies somewhere cozy and safe-like.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"No, I retired a couple years ago. I was on my way to a reunion when this all started. Where do you need me?" Robert replies.

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

*chase kept the toolbelt wrapped within the coat along with the antique pistol for now only bothering to redress in the over baggy shirt before going along back helping to carry any of the supplies needed. once back in the storage area Chase would take a look around ask anyone that looked like they were in charge of anything needed anyone with mechanic skills*

OP
Pheonix Alugere

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

The chief looks at Robert. Hmmm, I think I might remember you. Volunteering to help with the barricades, eh? For now, if I could get you out at the end of the parkinglot on the look out for z's that be good. If you see any though, come straight back here. We don't need any heroics. Oh, and have you handed over your keys yet?

A nearby officer addresses Chase. If you want to help with mechanics, go back out front. They're doing some mods to the pickups we have so that they can be used as mobile bunkers.

(I'm not sure if wallpaper wants to edit her post or not.)

Status
Not open for further replies.