What's new

Halo 3 ODST live action

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Halo 3 ODST live action

I saw this earlier today. It quite literally erased most of the pain from the last week and a half.

Also... Is that William Dafoe in the very end? It looks like him.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

@ Live Action thing: That was AWESOME. Now they just need to make an ACTUAL movie (and do it RIGHT, seeing as how the latest (only?) attempt became another movie all together).
I'd prefer it if MC (and possibly all the Spartans) were mentioned, but never seen, and it was all just ODST.

@ Machinima thing: Can't wait :D
And as for that girl that looked like she was in Spartan armor, she could possibly be just another Spartan - they could have parts before The Fall of Reach, which (I think) is when all the Spartans except MC got obliterated.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Nope. I think there are around 6 left. 1 even made it to the first halo with the chief. She was just in stasis the whole time because she was badly injured at reach. (In the books, the chief manages to recover her right after Halo's destruction.)

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

That would be Linda, and technically, She's dead, had been the whole time. They froze her almost immediately after she died, shortly before the Autumn fled Reach, in an effort to revive her later. Samuel I believe ended up getting snatched away to train the next generation, though I think he died defending them. Kelly, Fred (I think), and one other are with Dr. Halsey, locked in a shield planet and safe from the halos and flood. Hmm, who else?

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I thought they managed to mostly heal Linda once the MC got her back from Halo?

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Nope. I think there are around 6 left. 1 even made it to the first halo with the chief. She was just in stasis the whole time because she was badly injured at reach. (In the books, the chief manages to recover her right after Halo's destruction.)
Actually, the books are considered non-canon by Bungie. There was a theory I came across where the teaser trailer released for Halo 2 (The one in the end where Cortana says "Betcha can't stick it"), the other Spartans were supposed to show up and help him... but because Bungie screwed that version of #2 up, they scraped the idea along with the main plot.

Halo Legend is a six-part series that is canon, so unless it all takes place before (Or after, since there are Spartan IIIs in one of the books), then there'll be some glaring plot holes. The blonde woman is probably a character that wasn't focused on in the books, as the only two females who were given a good description were Kelly (Brown hair) and Linda (red hair).

Edit: I mean, Legend is a seven part. The first six episodes are canon, whereas the 7th is a parody of the Halo verse. And yes, they healed Linda... She does an epic sniper shot while dangling upside down in First Strike.

In other words, I know way too much about Halo.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Actually, the books are considered non-canon by Bungie. There was a theory I came across where the teaser trailer released for Halo 2 (The one in the end where Cortana says "Betcha can't stick it"), the other Spartans were supposed to show up and help him... but because Bungie screwed that version of #2 up, they scraped the idea along with the main plot.

Halo Legend is a six-part series that is canon, so unless it all takes place before (Or after, since there are Spartan IIIs in one of the books), then there'll be some glaring plot holes. The blonde woman is probably a character that wasn't focused on in the books, as the only two females who were given a good description were Kelly (Brown hair) and Linda (red hair).

Edit: I mean, Legend is a seven part. The first six episodes are canon, whereas the 7th is a parody of the Halo verse. And yes, they healed Linda... She does an epic sniper shot while dangling upside down in First Strike.

In other words, I know way too much about Halo.
Oh yeah that was in First Strike wasn't it/ I need to go and re-read the again it's been too long. She was clinically dead through the first game though, I remember that much.

The books are non-canon? Huh, but the authors worked so closely with bungie, at least for the first three. I remember Nylund mentioning something of how many hours he had spent there, ironing out what would work in the universe, or some such...

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Contact Harvest I think might be a little closer to cannon, as well as the first book Fall of Reach. But the First Strike had some... loose threads. It didn't jive as well. Alas.

Don't forget those movies that Weta did, the firefight between the ODST and Brutes. Though it didn't look as good as the movie above, it was awesome.

E

Exofluke

When I first found that on youtube, I was hooked. I never played halo and never really cared... but this promo vid was just awesome!

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Indeed, it actually looks much better on youtube.