What's new

Halo 3 ODST live action

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
yeah, found this at Games Radar.

If you're a fan of Halo, check it out. Actually quite well done. All live action with CGI effects. No Master Chief, just soldiers.

If your not a fan of Halo, well, you still might like it, but if your someone who just loathes it. Move on.

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Halo 3 ODST live action

Beautiful.

I love the emotional movies for the halo things. Like the ones for halo 3 where they go into the museum of human history and have "Veterans" talking.

I really enjoy the liveaction films for Halo. There's also some live action stuff that was like an attempt at making the first scenes in the movie.

I'm actually a hardcore halo fan, but I have never had a gaming console:p

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I have been a hardcore halo fan since the first Christmas after it launched. I had no money for anything at the time ((parents didn't believe in allowance)) so I ended up stealing the first three books while on a school trip to the West Edmonton Mall. I've bought myself up-to-date with everything Halo since then, I even have most of the action figures :D

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I've only got the ODST action figure.

Is it McFarlane toys that does all the Halo figures?

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

My brother was eager to show me this on Tuesday. They are pretty well done. What happened to the talk of a movie? Is that still going? I know there's an animated production coming up soon. From what I could gather it looks to be something in a similar vein to the Animatrix rather than a series.

This...

Though I'm not that a serious "Halo fan" I do like the games a lot. And I'm related to someone who could honestly be the best Halo player in East Anglia, so I see some crazy stuff. Anyone who thinks that Halo is just a "mindless shooter" should see my brother playing (though just seeing it won't really explain what's going through his head). It's like claiming all fighting games a button mashers, or all RTS are luck of who gets rushed first. When we're playing casual games together, he has this brilliant trick of knowing where every player and every weapon on the map is at all times. He says things as if it's a hunch, but I can check the replays later and it's scary how accurate he is most of the time. For most maps I simply can't touch him in a 1 on 1. It's a bit like playing against a horror movie monster.

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Well, the Halo movie turned into District 9 cause the script was horrible for Halo. Oh well, turned out kick ass.

But yeah, the Halo anime from what I understand is doing the standalone Animatrix type deal.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Well if Bones is working on this then it's going to be fucking awesome.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Hah, is that what happened? I have often said though after watching a bad game movie conversion, why bother making a movie based on a game if the story writer/director insists on making it something else anyway? This just sounds like that case, but this time they did actually change it rather than making something that annoys fans and bores/confuses general audiences. Haven't actually seen Section 9 yet.

And if Halo Legends is going how I think it is, then Bones will probably be contributing one or two parts of it. The style of animation seems to vary quite a lot even in just that preview. 3D, 2D, nimble spartan, bulky looking spartan, giant brute hands?

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Not sure where said 'bulky' looking spartan is, or at least more bulky than the others, but I will say that the point where the anime spartan rushes with a punch before getting grabbed by a pair of huge hands reminded me of Evangelion.

I just really hope that the person taking off their helmet (I think it may be a spartan) isn't 117. Being able to see 117's face takes away some of his mystic.

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Pretty sure it wasn't him, it even looked like a girl, or possibly an ODST. *shrugs*

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

In anime, everyone looks like a girl...

Edit: well, half the time.

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

True

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Don't lie Obe. We've all seen you with that Master Chief helmet before.

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Hmm, I'm kinda dissapointed by the whole cancelling of the Halo movie. A lot of people think that "Yeah, well it didn't have enought storyline." Well, I've watched the compilation of all the halo cg vids from the game, and it plays like a friggin movie...

Things they could build on are:
Cortana-Chief relationship (not sexual dummies.)
The political problems, how mankind unites against a common enemy.
Some more info on the Covenant and more details on The Arbiter.
And lots and Lot's more.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Not sure where said 'bulky' looking spartan is, ...

You can see it better in this video. (Same, just a little brighter.)

At roughly 1:15 to 1:23. Packing armour bordering on some kind of miniature Appleseed landmate.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

That looks like either the military decided to have extra armor available for the spartans in certain scenarios, or possibly the exoskeleton armor worn by those who aren't spartans. (I think something like that showed up in the first halo book when the spartans were still in training.)

Gatorbait

*hic*
Reputation score

Never really got into the Halo games, but that video looks like a freaking movie! Very well done. If they didn't do the whole "Rated M for Mature" I would have sworn it was a movie.