What's new

ACT [HALvetica] Outer Tales (RJ216046)

dijitz

Sex Demon
Reputation score

*Warning contains lol so no links*

New game just recently release by a circle that sounds familiar for some reason. The premise is basically red riding hood going through a forest and eveything want's some of her "cookies".

Gameplay is a standard sidescroller where you try to avoid enemies on screen by jumping or using butterflies to knock them back. Also seems to have a few choices based on demo. Hcg's are animated sprites, static cg, and animated cg.

Controls:
Left & Right
: Arrow keys or A or D
Jump and go through dialogue: Space
Use butterflies: Left click and drag mouse as if you're using a sling shot. (can only be done within the circle and you have to wait for the butterfly to come back)
Skip dialogue: Ctrl

You gain butterflies at flowers you start off with 5 and each time you are hit you lose a butterfly until it's GO.

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
I knew about this game but I've never imagined it being so good. The pixel animations are top notch, and the CGs + the 1 animated cg scene is amazing. And apparently it's gonna be continued. New gameplay (Actual gameplay) mechanics that I actually liked and found them not to be tedious.
Just kinda sad that it doesn't have more content. This is hands down the hottest pixel based game in a while.

Edit: I don't usually praise games like this but I really loved this one

dienow

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
>基本CG:4種
>ドットエロ:5種
>価格: 1,296

Wew, lad. Who do they think they are, Bethesda? That's a hard sell.

lowlevel

Lurker
Reputation score
I knew about this game but I've never imagined it being so good. The pixel animations are top notch, and the CGs + the 1 animated cg scene is amazing. And apparently it's gonna be continued. New gameplay (Actual gameplay) mechanics that I actually liked and found them not to be tedious.
Just kinda sad that it doesn't have more content. This is hands down the hottest pixel based game in a while.

Edit: I don't usually praise games like this but I really loved this one
Yeah it's actually surprisingly playable for a sidescroller, also no broken menus and other bugs found so far either. This might be a first!

Bryanis

Reputation score
Well, it's the circle first work so it can be seen as a tech demo of some sort if you want to be nice.

True there not a lot of content and the animated sprite sex is a bit to pixelized but otherwise of good quality, but the drawn CG and the animated CG are top notch quality.

So if the circle improve on the pixelization / does more CG / animated CG, it could make great h game.

Feckless

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
This was pretty great if you ask me. Short, concise and to the point. Tired of all the bloated games with padded out gameplay and packed with repetitive/mediocre content just so they can boast about it on their store page.

zipetya

Reputation score
Well, it's the circle first work so it can be seen as a tech demo of some sort if you want to be nice.

True there not a lot of content and the animated sprite sex is a bit to pixelized but otherwise of good quality, but the drawn CG and the animated CG are top notch quality.

So if the circle improve on the pixelization / does more CG / animated CG, it could make great h game.
This pretty much sums up my thoughts.
Game is quite okay.

Btw, was anyone able to hook it? I know it is foolish to look for the plot in a short H-sidescroller, but... There it is. lol
Was sort of interested in what that Mad Hatter character was rambling about.

Also, the game ends in a "to be continued" fashion. That is, of course, if you don't "accidentally" manage to direct pool little red into a bad end...

OP
D

dijitz

Sex Demon
Reputation score
For anyone curious game is up on Nyaa.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts.
Game is quite okay.

Btw, was anyone able to hook it? I know it is foolish to look for the plot in a short H-sidescroller, but... There it is. lol
Was sort of interested in what that Mad Hatter character was rambling about.

Also, the game ends in a "to be continued" fashion. That is, of course, if you don't "accidentally" manage to direct pool little red into a bad end...

I used my phone to kind of get the gist of what was going on. Apparently no-one and not even herself can remember her name, something about the story worlds getting messed up. He talks about the red queen doing something and mentions Alice. Also, it seems that the any mirror, like at the end connects the different story worlds. So because she feels there is no reason to stay where she is, she decides to go through the mirror into Alice's world. Mad hatter rambles on too much so I didn't quite get how he ended up in Hood's story. Seems more may be added to this and he has some unused sketches on his cien.

billy jones

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Game is indeed short but it's a keeper. It's hard to find good games like these.