What's new

Hc Svnt Dracones (Here Be Dragons)

Sussurak

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
HC SVNT DRACONES (Here Be Dragons)

Considering running a game of Hc Svnt Dracones, a sci-fi post-humanist RPG set 700 years after the downfall of humanity. It has undertones of Shadowrun and Call of Cthulu running through it, with large MegaCorps that run the solar system, and otherworldly entities threatening from the shadows.

"HC SVNT DRACONES puts you in the body of a human experiment that outlived its creator, and has gone on expanding into the galaxy while trying to heed the lessons of a race that fell to ruin. It's about exploration and fear, expansion and conquest, intrigue and subterfuge, and ultimately, it’s about you, learning to be you, when all the trappings of humanity you define yourself with are dead and gone."

While the game system has a lot of furries in it, it is less about being a furry and more about finding your own place in the universe, after your creators are long gone. The character creation system allows for a lot of flexability as well, with such things as Laterals (feral bodies, inteligent minds), Taurs and Hemi-Vectors (Japanese cat-girls, fox-girls, etc.)

Rule book (character creation starts page 73): drive.google com/file/d/0B3dryHpwD4hSV2VjUnRvSmxwajg/view?usp=sharing
Editable character sheets: drive.google com/file/d/0B3dryHpwD4hSSFpCTGQ2MFJiTkE/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Hc Svnt Dracones (Here Be Dragons)

>Reading .pdf
>it uses 'could care less'
My grammar nazi sensibilities are infuriated.

>There's a 'not THAT furry' morphology trait thing
>It makes you shittier at smelling and camping, possibly a target for basically-racism, and better and lying and talking
Hilarious.

>Fluffy tail reference
Kek

Living in a world dominated by microtransactions and megacorps sounds pretty cool though. Trying to make LODSEMONE as a speculator, trader, etc sounds baller as fuck.

Last edited:
OP
S

Sussurak

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

There's no reason a character couldn't go all out economics, take out a low interest loan at the start and have better gear right away. The only catch would be how effective they'd be with the gear.

Smokefish

Needs to go commit sudoku
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, might as well add for the record that I've made a character for this and might very well end up joining.

My character is a Geckotaur, raised at Progenitus and later moved onto MarsCo to do more freelance work as a bodyguard, bouncer and/or mercenary. Is a Combat Medic of a sort, with a bit of diplomancy on the side. Serves as a bit of a melee-tank too. Is absolutely atrocious at handling money though.

Skillset primarily revolves around Medicine and CQC, but also some Express, Athletics, Survival, Science and Booksmarts.

Just incase anyone wanting to join this want to have something to work with/around, since I assume odds are high we're all going to end up working together.

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I might put together a character for this, need to look into the rules a bit more though.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

WIPs n' shit.
Name:

Family: Felidae
Species: Tiger - Inspire +2
Morphism: Hemi

Stats
Mind d10 Body d8 Community d10 Economy d12
2 2 Dexterity 1 2
2 1 Resilience 1 2
2 1 Acuity 1 2
2 1 Strength 1 3
2 2 Presence 2 3

Vitals

Hit Points: (Body:Strength+Body:Resilience)x10.

Readiness: Body:Acuity+Mind:Dexterity.

Nerve: (Mind:Resilience+Mind:presence)x5.

Movement: Body:Resilience+Body:Dexterity.

Battle Pool: 6+Readiness.

Range Increment: (Body:Dexterity+Mind:Acuity)x2.

Defenses

Mind Dodge: Mind:Dexterity+Mind:Acuity.

Mind Resist: Mind:Strength+Mind:Resilience.

Body Dodge: Body:Dexterity+Body:Acuity.

Body Resist: Body:Strength+Body:Resilience.

Proficiencies
Scholarship:
Primary ASR (Computers 2, Operate 1, Robotics, Craft, Science 2, Repair, Finance 1, Pilot 2) (8)
Primary Spyglass (Coercion 1, Finance 2, Command, Computers 1, Intimidate 1, Deception 1, Ranged Combat) (6)

Finance 3

Computers 3
Science 1
Operate 1
Pilot 2

Coercion 1
Intimidate 1
Deception 1
Inspire 1

Streetsmarts 1
Athletics 1

Focus:
Fortune Favors the Bold!:
+1 THBW! roll in pool. May reroll 1 THBW! roll, but must take second result.

Ledger:
Ledger Score: 6
Savings: 69
66(savings)/66(weapons)/72(gubbins)

Swag:
Clothes

Duffel bag (backpack)

CleanSweep System
Toggle + Case

Flashlight
Optics
Rope
Tools (electronics - screwdrivers, pliers, static mat, a wristband, multimeter, etc)

Weapons:
SMG + Extended mag
- 6 standard mags
- 3 less-than-lethal mags
- 1 Hollow tip mag

Knife
Bulletproof Vest

Fluff:
Motivation: Wealth. Duh.

Notes:
Felidae
+1 to Body:Dexterity. Felidae Characters always receive +1 die when performing tasks of manual dexterity or balance outside of combat mechanics.

Hemi:
Drawbacks:
-1 to any checks involving Scent or Survival; HemiVectors are not typically as naturally robust as Vectors are.

Perks:
+1 to any checks involving Deception, Express, or Inspire; the genetic memory of the human �igure runs deeper than the 700 years of Vector history and generally affords HemiVectors extra attention. HemiVectors are not affected by the Master’s Voice phenomena.

Momentum Trigger:
Hit with every attack rolled in two subsequent standard attack actions. Parried attacks that would have otherwise hit count for this trigger.

Momentum effect:
You may continue to make attack actions beyond your limit, paying for them as normal.

Momentum breaks when:
You perform any action other than reloading, or miss with an attack.

Last edited:
OP
S

Sussurak

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Blarg, I noticed that you were missing a proficiency point, as it added to 16, rather than 17.
> Primary ASR (Computers 2, Operate 1, Robotics, Craft, Science 2, Repair, Finance 1, Pilot 2) (8)
> Science 1
There's the problem. Also, did you really roll three sevens for your wealth. Call me what you want, but that's typically the sort of roll that I'd want to wait until I'm talking to the GM with. Don't make me roll for you! (Aww, who am I kidding, that's what I did with Smoke.)
So in the interest of consistancy, 66/66/78, which is only a difference of 6 credits less, so it shouldn't muck you up too much. (One roll was a 2, but due to your stats, you're really rolling on a range of 6-8)

If you're wanting to start with a loan though, please let me know. Otherwise the character's looking ok so far. Inspire, Streetsmarts and Athletics for your bonus points, I take it?

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

My turn then.

Name: TOA

Family: Canidae
Species: Jackal
Morphism: Digitigrade

Stats
Mind d10 Body d12 Community d10 Economy d8
2 1 Dexterity 2 1
2 2 Resilience 2 2
3 2 Acuity 2 1
2 2 Strength 3 1
1 2 Presence 1 1

Vitals

Hit Points: 40.

Readiness: 5.

Nerve: 15.

Movement: 3.

Battle Pool: 11.

Range Increment: 8.

Defenses

Mind Dodge: 4.

Mind Resist: 4.

Body Dodge: 3.

Body Resist: 4.

Max Actions:

Standard: 3

Movement: 2

Combat: 1

Defensive: 2

Command: 1

Supportive: 1
Proficiencies
Scholarship:
Primary Spyglass (Coercion 2, Finance, Command, Computers, Intimidate 2, Deception 1, Ranged Combat 2, Streetsmarts 2,) (9)
Secondary Spyglass (Coercion 1, Finance 1, Command 1, Computers 2, Intimidate , Deception 1, Ranged Combat 1, Streetsmarts,) (7)

Finance 1
Coercion 3
Command 1
Computers 2
Intimidate 2
Deception 2
Ranged Combat 3
Streetsmarts 2
Security 1
Sneak 1

Focus:
Battle Pacing:
You can reload in battle for free,
without spending a Standard action, provided you
have the ammo on-hand and ready.

Ledger:
Ledger Score: 2
36/38/38

Items:
Clothing
Backpack

Handgun
Knife
Bulletproof Vest
6 Handgun Clips

Fluff:
Motivation: Notoriety

Notes:
Canidae
+1 to Body:Strength. Canidae Characters always receive +1 dice when testing against exhaustion or fatigue.

Digitigrade:

Drawbacks:
None

Perks:
+1 Proficiency points

Momentum Trigger:
Hit with every attack rolled in two subsequent standard attack actions. Parried attacks that would have otherwise hit count for this trigger.

Momentum effect:
You may continue to make attack actions beyond your limit, paying for them as normal.

Momentum breaks when:

Last edited:

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

And here we go, voice with an internet connection on hand.

Name: Nielen

Family: Canidae
Species: Fox
Morphism: Hemi

Stats
Mind d12 Body D10 Community D10 Finance D8
2 3 Dexterity 2 1
2 1 Resilience 2 2
2 1 Acuity 2 1
3 2 Strength 2 2
2 1 Presence 1 1

Vitals

Hit Points: 30.

Readiness: 3.

Nerve: 20.

Movement: 4.

Battle Pool: 9.

Range Increment: 10.

Defenses

Mind Dodge: 4.

Mind Resist: 5.

Body Dodge: 4.

Body Resist: 3.

Proficiencies
Scholarship:
Primary ASR 8 (Computers, Operate 3, Robotics 3, Craft, Science, Repair 2, Finance, Pilot)
Secondary ASR 6 (Computers 3, Operate, Robotics, Craft 2, Science, Repair, Finance 1, Pilot)

Finance 1
Craft 2
Computers 3
Operate 3
Robotics 3
Repair 2
Ranged Combat 1
Express 1
Deception 1

Allegiance
ASR: 2

Focus:
The Big Picture
Once Per Session: Can get the real story behind the news.

Ledger:
Ledger Score: 3
54/48/42

Items:
Clothing (5)
Patchkit (7)
Rent (20)
Toggle (5)
Crash Suite (20)

Weapons

SMG (20)
12 Standard Clips (20)
1 Incendiary Cliip (5)
Bulletproof Vest (5)

Fluff:
Motivation: Notoriety
May take fake twin tail but not entirely sure yet

Notes:
Canidae
+1 to Body:Strength. Canidae Characters always receive +1 dice when testing against exhaustion or fatigue.

Hemi:
Drawbacks:
-1 to any checks involving Scent or Survival; HemiVectors are not typically as naturally robust as Vectors are.

Perks:
+1 to any checks involving Deception, Express, or Inspire; the genetic memory of the human figure runs deeper than the 700 years of Vector history and generally affords HemiVectors extra attention. HemiVectors are not affected by the Master’s Voice phenomena.

Momentum Trigger:

Momentum effect:

Momentum breaks when:

Last edited:

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Also, did you really roll three sevens for your wealth. Call me what you want, but that's typically the sort of roll that I'd want to wait until I'm talking to the GM with.
It said that I can't roll under (Econ:Str + Econ:pre) + 1, so.

OP
S

Sussurak

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Minor correction "If the d8 roll is equal to or lower than your Economy:Strength + your Community:presence, elevate it to 1+ that value." Not Economy:presence, so your minimum roll is 6, not 7, but you were on the right track.

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

How many people are we planning to get for this? As right now we have 4 I think.

OP
S

Sussurak

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Four players should suffice for now. :) Now comes the fun part, finding a time that suits everybody, or a long, slow slog through play-by-post.

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Thursday anytime after 11:30AM PDT, Friday after 1:30PM PDT and should be around more or less any time Saturday or Sunday. Though given Smoke is in Eurotimezones, I'm North America, (guess Zil is too) and unsure where blarg or yourself are. It might be a good idea to do Play by Post

Zilrax

Reputation score

pbp will probably be required, though long as it's not saturday I can do most days. My saturdays are booked.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I am literally on the opposite end of the planet from Fisk. We have the same times, except AM and PM are different. So.

As a side note I have no idea what to buy.

Zilrax

Reputation score

Get a weapon, a toggle and a toggle case and then whatever else you might want.

Me, I'm poor, people stole my stuff, etc.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I have like zero weapon skill though. It'd be like when I was playing Baldur's Gate and my mages had slings.

OP
S

Sussurak

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

With d10s and Mind:Acc of 2, or d8 and Body:Dex of 2, you'd probably suit a ranged weapon slightly more, as long as the enemy has no cover.

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Just pick up an SMG or a Handgun, you don't need any ranged weapon skill to use them.