What's new

Homelands (Guan Yu)

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Re: Homelands (Guan Yu)

Somehow, the situation did not really appear to cause the same effect on the hunters that it did in Tomoe herself, that much the new mother could make out from their puzzled expressions. The task of naming the child was no task at all, some thoughts about possibilities had already passed her mind during those rest periods and the miko had already picked the name she would christen their offspring with. "I will name you Ryuji. It stands for Dragon Child in the ancestral language of my homelands." she proclaimed her choice of name no matter what giggles it might invoke from the nearby fairies.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Tomoe: HP = 107, PP = 51, EP = 76, Status = Fine

No giggles would come from the faeries at her naming of her son with Shenron, but rather an approving look from Rhoswen and a pair of nods from the other two. Shenron would, characteristically, nod in a stoic manner while her freshly named child would cock his head and flicking his reptilian tongue over his thin, scaly lips. "It is a good name," Shenron said, and then spoke in the sibilant, hissing tongue of his own kind for a moment, which Ryuji seemed to understand without having ever been taught even if the manner of his speech was more crude than that of Shenron. "I will teach him to speak," the father announced after a brief reply from Ryuji, "you, rest."

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

With no silliness resulting from her naming decision, Tomoe found herself on the approving side of things from pretty much anyone present. How Ryuji reacted could almost be taken as cockiness, though it appeared more as pride towards his name to the miko. Since she was not sure what to do just then, the priestess decided to take up on the suggestion of the smaller hunter and get some more rest after the physical exercise of birth.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

And rest she would, exhaustion claiming Tomoe and allowing her to complete her interrupted rest. She would awaken some hours later to find the sun rising over the horizon, its light peeking in through the gaps in the jungle canopy. She had been covered in a blanket woven from willow branches while she slept, and her clothes and gear had been left beside her, all neatly folded and assembled for her. No one was around, at least not that she could see, but she still seemed to be in the faerie glade.

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

The rest would resume after she had finished her talk, and soon enough, Tomoe was back in deep sleep once more. The hunters surely had their own things, ones that the miko had no intention of keeping them away from.

Once she came to again, the morning was announcing it's arrival to the miko, early light illuminating the forest and giving her the needed visibility to operate once more. Getting up from natural bed, Tomoe started the day with like any decent shrine maiden would if the chance was given. She started with a moment of prayer to pay her respects to the spirits, a short but essential duty in her own mind. Once she was satisfied with that, the easterner began the process of dressing up, which always took a bit more than your average person's dressing period would. Neglecting proper dress was a thing that she did not like, so the time spent on the task was really a secondary concern. Getting the sarashi on properly and tying all the strings and belts in her robes and hakama was a task in itself, but it was routine to Tomoe by now. When she was fully dressed, the miko performed a series of morning exercises to prepare herself physically. Eventually the morning routines would be done, and she would head out into the forest to look for the others or stumble across some event, a thing that was not all that improbable. This would not be the case if someone would come to her first, in which case she would stay to deal with them instead.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Tomoe would be left entirely to her own devices as she went through her assorted morning preparations, the serenity of the glade in which she had been left to rest giving her the perfect environment in which to work. Once finished, Tomoe's journey from her resting place would take her across the glade, spotting a few figures who opted not to engage with her along the way, before finally coming across Rhoswen meditating beneath a tree. The faerie looked much healthier for all her recuperation, and again opened her eyes upon Tomoe's approach and offered her a nod of greeting. "Greetings priestess. Are you looking for your comrades?"

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Going through the morning routine was fast and efficient, no distractions interfering with Tomoe's plans, and soon she was on her way around the forest. A few other humanoid shadows could be seen as she she went, but there was no fear of them being hostile, the miko knew that well by this point. The first real encounter she had was Rhoswen, who was looking much more like the high-ranking fey noble she was after having a bit of time to rest and get herself back to proper form. "Yes, of course. I would like to see how they are doing. You have managed to gain your graceful form, at least."

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

NPC Stats
Shenron: Fine
Ryuji: Fine
Kei: Fine

"Yes. It doesn't take us long to recover" Rhoswen replied calmly before opening her eyes and climbing gracefully to her feet. "They are well. Kei has become somewhat... Antisocial... But Shenron has been teaching Ryuji through the night. Shenron went to speak to Kei earlier, and I got the impression that it didn't go well. I can take you to whichever you prefer first, but I got the impression that your companions wished to leave our grove today."

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Somehow, Rhoswen knowing where the other folks from her little group were did not surprise Tomoe at all. The powers of the fey noble would surely allow for something simple like that. The different situation did not appear too bad, until the mention of Shenron and Kei having a face-to-face was mentioned. That particular event did not sound too good in the priestess' mind, considering the volatile and somewhat unhinged personalities that might clash as a result. The sentiment to leave today was shared by the priestess herself as well, even if she had nothing against the fey in particular, having actually enjoyed the period of calm recuperation in their lands. "Can you arrange for a few healers? Kei insisted earlier that we have a match of swords between us. While I do not wish to participate in meaningless violence, I still think having that bout with her might be the only way to satisfy her strange urge. Even then, I do not wish death upon either of us." she asked, opting to visit Kei first and solve this situation as fast as possible.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

NPC Stats

Rhoswen's lips thinned with displeasure at Tomoe's request, though she would nod after a brief pause. "Yes, that can be arranged, even if I would prefer not to permit such in my domain. I have no problem with honorable duels, but... Your companion has not behaved in a manner that leads me to believe that she would offer a fair duel during her stay here." From there they would go to find Kei, Rhoswen walking with a surety of purpose in her step as she led Tomoe through the glade. They would come upon Kei in the midst of what Tomoe would instantly recognize as a warrior's exercise regiment, and while performing it the woman would ignore Tomoe and her faerie guide completely. Whether or not the priestess opted to interrupt the other woman's training was her business, but Rhoswen would refrain from doing so. There was a gruff present, resting his back against a tree, with green robes on and a staff nearby who was idly watching the other woman train, and if asked Rhoswen would indicate that he was a healer.

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

"I really share how you feel on both points, but... like I said, I wish this did not end up with one or both of us dying on the side of a road somewhere for something as trivial as this. That is why I hope to resolve the issue right now, where it should not leave too much complications in it's wake." Tomoe told what she thought to Rhoswen as the pair proceeded to the current location of Kei's. Much like the fey, the miko had no reason to stop the training that was going on, and she too would wait for it to end before there could be anything else. The presence of a healer was confirmed, which brought some comfort to her troubled mind.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

NPC Stats

"Mmm... I would call death more a simplification than a complication, but besides that I agree with your point," Rhoswen replied, and soon enough they would find Kei at her training. Allowing the other fighter to complete her routine would prompt a brief wait, and when Kei was finished with her graceful looping motions she would sheath her sword and turn to Tomoe and Rhoswen. "Yes?

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Eventually the training regimen that Kei had been going through ended, bringing with it the proper time to discuss things, which the other swordwoman was likely expecting. Since Tomoe had come all this way, might as well not delay the inevitable much longer. "You wanted a match. I have no hinderances anymore, so we should go through that now. I do not see any reason to do this, but you seem to have your mind set on the whole deal, which I think will not be satiated in any other way besides this." she told the other woman, fully expecting the battle to happen right then.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

NPC Stats

A strange expression came over Kei's face at Tomoe's acceptance of her challenge. Elation, glee, and bloodlust were all present, but they were joined by shrewd trepidation and discontent. She would hold an internal debate for a moment, but then a smirk would appear on her face again and she would bow. "Where would you like to do this? I think, in the interests of making it a... Pure... Competition, we should cast aside any tricks."

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

The reactions that came to the other Easterner appeared to suggest that while she was clearly wanting all of this, there still was some underlying hesitation present in her as well, which caused a small bit of waiting. There seemed to be some doubts as to the site of their duel as well, the current one apparently having something in it that held Kei back. But that would not be parlayed with, this was the place that the priestess had decided upon and that would be it. "There are no tricks. Right here and now. The faster this is over with, the better."

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

NPC Stats

"Very well!" Kei replied, and now the sinister eagerness that had been in her voice returned in full in her expression as she strode into the center of the small clearing she had used for a training ground. Slowly drawing her sword, she pointed it towards Tomoe and added; "We aren't fighting to the death of course.... Shall we duel under faerie rules, then? I am sure that our host would approve!"

She cast a knowing smirk towards Rhoswen, but the faerie priestess merely gave a grim look in return. "Do as you wish," she replied, "but I will not permit killing in my glade." She waved her hand, and suddenly Kei's blade was sheathed in invisible force, leaving its edge protected so that it would not cut into flesh. Tomoe's weapon received the same, and then the faerie woman would step back and allow the shrine maiden to enter into the makeshift arena they were to duel in.

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Much to the miko's dismay, it appeared that the hesitation that had been present in Kei was pretty much temporary, and she was now back in full swing with the more unpleasant battle eagerness. There was little that could be done about it though besides going into battle to get that out, so Tomoe went into the arena as well once her sword had received the enchantment that Rhoswen had decided to put onto both of their blades. Once the battle was underway, she would either let Kei come onto her before drawing her sword with an initial strike. If the other female held back however, then she would take the fight to her instead with a more aggressive approach. This was a situation where she did not want to go and use her powers unless necessary.

(Faighto. Normal attack w/ draw shenanigans.)

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

NPC Stats
Kei: Taken 37 damage.

Rolls
Tomoe attacks! Death from the Draw and whatnot. Kei uses 20 defensive and defensive stance.
Attack: 15 + 83 + 6 = 104, barely hitting.
Damage: 1 + 67 + 6 = 74, 74/2 = 37 damage.

Kei would hold back, her sword held out and at the ready, giving Tomoe the opportunity to attempt to strike first. She was using a defensive style, waiting to deflect Tomoe's blade away and force her into a vulnerable position, but the miko's speed and skill were well-honed and, when she drew her blade and flew past at incredible speed, offered no flaw for Kei to exploit. Her jian flicked downwards in an attempt to intercept Tomoe's katana, but it lacked the power to deflect Tomoe's powerful strike, and even though she bent aside to avoid the brunt of the strike had it not been for the faerie's magic she would easily have practically gutted her opponent.

As it was, Kei was knocked back a few steps and had to spin quickly to reorient herself towards Tomoe's new position. She had gasped a moment after the blow landed, but her grin hadn't broken despite her freshly bruised ribs, and she stepped back to give herself some breathing room while returning to her readied stance. "Good.... Good! More!" she purred, "show me what you can really do!"

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Since there did not appear to be any immediate results that would come from waiting, Tomoe took the initiative, going for a quick first attack after taking a few steps to close the gap between the two of them. It was a success, the speed and power of the attack overcoming the attempt at defense that Kei was mounting against her, going right through and slamming the redhead back a fair few steps. It did little to hamper her enthusiasm though, and upon recovery, the other female was already wanting more battle. Fully intent on letting her have exactly that, the miko came forward to take another swing, deciding not to make use of any specific skills. The previous attack had succeeded, but she could still see that it had not been any crushing success. Trying to go for a more reckless attack might just let Kei take advantage of the offered openings, and Tomoe did not want that to happen.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

NPC Stats
Kei: Taken 75 damage.

Rolls
Tomoe attacks again. Kei uses 20 defensive and defensive stance again.
Attack: 18 + 83 = 101, barely hitting AGAIN.
Damage: 8 + 67 = 75, 75/2 = 38 damage.

Another swing, and another attempt on Kei's part to deflect her attack. This time her blade was intercepted by that of her opponent, and Kei shifted and deflected it aside, but when she moved to counter Tomoe was able to twist her blade aside and instead land another solid hit, this time against Kei's ribs. The redhead again bounded back, but again it would have been a potentially deadly attack were it not for Rhoswen's magic despite her attempt to dodge aside. "Yesss.... Two hits, both solid.... You have excellent technique! Show me more!" Kei grunted, an expression of glee on her face despite that she was quite evidently losing.