What's new

[Complete - Partial] [吹溜 / hukidamari] バウンティハンター キョウカ (RJ01040697)

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
DLsite:
ulmf thread: None, yet. Reminder not to discuss the game itself in this thread (see forum rules for the translation section), this thread is for the partial translation. I probably will not make a discussion thread myself as I haven't played this game much at all, and probably will not play it as it was a bit disappointing for me.

English title would be "Bounty Hunter Kyouka", but there is no official tl on the dlsite page, so I left it out of the thread title.

Translated the usual, menu, items, skills, etc. Also translated the HUD that is displayed constantly in the upper left (which shows lewdness etc). There was quite a bit in the database that looks like it is not used by this game, but I have not played it all the way through, so let me know if anything shows up untranslated (as far as items/skills/armor/weapons).

A couple of known issues: Picking up an item spams the clipboard with the "item acquired" message - this can be quickly fixed by entering the pause menu or changing maps. Skill learning sub-menu is not fully translated - this was causing issues, including breaking saves, so I did not translate it, the skill names are translated however, since it pulls them from the database.

This one is MZ, so just drag, drop, and overwrite to apply the patch. Also included cliplogger as I have been to send dialogue text to the clipboard to be translated in whatever software you like. If you don't know of any, is fairly straightforward to use.

Attachments

OP
mayaktheunholy

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Game doesn't even start for me.
That is a problem with MZ itself and not the partial. Some MZ games give me trouble as well, seems to depend on what version of nwjs the dev used when exporting the game.

There are a couple of ways I've found to get such a game to run, one is to download a newer version of nwjs (should be easy to find, and it's free) and copy-paste the "nw.exe" from it into the game's folder and launch the game with that instead of the exe that came with the game. On the rare occasion this doesn't work, launching the game from the rpgmaker MZ editor (as in the actual rpgmaker MZ program) works every time. Just don't save the project since for some reason MZ removes the encryption key when it is saved (which will brick the game as it can't read the encrypted images at that point).