What's new

RPG RPG Maker Mod Shota [HurricaneDotCom]Shotacon Quest! (Modded)

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Do Not Post Underage Content
Shotacon Quest (Modded)
Mod Edit: Image removed due to underage content.
Links:
Dlsite:

Story
You play as the hero Shian in a Dragon Quest Comedy Parody where everything is erotic.
Go forth and defeat the demon queen.

That's it.

Be warned. This is a Hurricane Dot Com game! They are known for maledom rape, and that still exists in this game. There is absolutely 0 romance or emotional connection either.
It's all nasty.

Gameplay

The gameplay is literally just early Dragon Quest.
This works in its benefit and hurts it in a lot of ways, but it's pretty simple, with more of a focus on exploration and figuring out what to do.

Controls
Arrow Keys to move
Z - Select
X - Back

Slightly Edited MTL + Mod

This translation comes from the official DLsite release. I edited a bit so it's not as bad as that, but I didn't go into the main game and do a whole lot.
Most of the main game is not the best when it comes to translation because of that.

What is happening and why?
The original Shotacon Quest is a game where the adult elements aren't really blended too well into the game. Sure you can be assaulted mid-battle by Monster Girls, but you'll never actually see them progress through their animation. The original game focused the brunt of its eroticism on the skill cut-ins and story events.

I thought that was a shame, and wanted to improve the eroticism of the game some.

With some discussion from a friend (who's mostly still busy) and some obvious changes, I modded the game.

Mod Changes
First let's get the obvious stuff out of the way.
  • Changed skill cut-in display so that they show up regardless of who's being targeted. In the original game, if Summer tried to heal Moon, then the visual cut in wouldn't appear, for the healing spell. I thought this was stupid. If the skill is called blowjob, show a blowjob. I know it's meant to represent the fact that the protag is the one getting blowed when it's used on him, but aren't they just using it to cast magic? Cause Blowjob as a skill can be used on yourself.
  • Changed it so Summer and Moon can't use skills if Shian is being assaulted by the enemy, making enemy monster girl assaults more dangerous.
Now for ideas I needed help on.
  • I knew I wanted a Villnamallet style passive system cause that was hot there, so I added it here too. Didn't know what to do when it came to the actual skills and how they'd fuck with balancing so I got help with that.

This was honestly really hard, and deserves its own section with how much was added, but I'll just say. Passives change things up a lot. I had to lower ally Max MP to compensate the MP gain from passives. Feels pretty good I must say.
  • You can encounter Horny monster girls with bonus stats as you explore.
  • Changed the escape code from being caught. It's not a Flat Percent anymore, but a scaling one. The more you fail to escape the more likely it is that you'll escape being bound by a monster girl.
  • Buffed a lot of enemies. They were super fucking weak starting mid game into late game.
And that's it. I probably did more than that, but I can't remember off the top of my head?
Well... If I can't remember it must not have been that important.

=====

This game is pretty obtuse though.

My advice if you want to progress through it is to make sure you read the description of all key items you pick up, and use the map to visit all locations you haven't visited before.
If you need specific help, ping either me or TheUnsaid if he's online.

Last edited:

Rather

Reputation score
... Am I being stupid or is there some trick to installing this over just dumping the files into www? I keep getting "TypeError undefined is not a function" whenever I get pushed down or a turn finishes with the mod on.

OP
Aesthetic

Aesthetic

Reputation score
... Am I being stupid or is there some trick to installing this over just dumping the files into www? I keep getting "TypeError undefined is not a function" whenever I get pushed down or a turn finishes with the mod on.
No... that should be it. Just replace all the files in data and all the files in js, and the game should change.
Weird... I'm not getting errors on my end.

You have to replace all the files in the base game with the files I give for it to work.

Last edited:

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Nice, will try if our for sure. Do you have something in the future for your modding agenda?

Edit, whoops, error on the first encounter. No errors on the unmodded version.

Last edited:
OP
Aesthetic

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Nice, will try if our for sure. Do you have something in the future for your modding agenda?

Edit, whoops, error on the first encounter. No errors on the unmodded version.
Apparently the issue has to do with the fact that the game was created on a very old version of Node, and I modded the game on a new version of Node?
Either way, I included the node development environment into the mod.

Download Link:

TheeSonus

Reputation score
tfw you nearly wipe to a single lamia early game because she keeps raping shian and you're unlucky enough to continually keep failing to struggle away, and your attacks only do 1 damage to her
10/10 mod i've played it for not even an hour and i am already feeling the pain

also as a heads up, heroic penis passive can activate off shotacon princess passive, doubling up on MP restored. dunno if that's meant to happen or not but thought i should let you know in case you didn't

OP
Aesthetic

Aesthetic

Reputation score
tfw you nearly wipe to a single lamia early game because she keeps raping shian and you're unlucky enough to continually keep failing to struggle away, and your attacks only do 1 damage to her
10/10 mod i've played it for not even an hour and i am already feeling the pain

also as a heads up, heroic penis passive can activate off shotacon princess passive, doubling up on MP restored. dunno if that's meant to happen or not but thought i should let you know in case you didn't
I can't tell if this is sarcasm, but I'm just gonna assume it's not XD

I might've misbalanced Lamia, since she appears for a long stretch of the game. I believe you always have the option to flee from such enemies though.
Also, Heroic Penis is balanced properly.

Each character has an invisible hornyness stat that goes up based on various conditions. It also goes down by a random amount whenever a passive activates.
Passives activate based on a percent based on the hornyness stat. If hornyness is at 100, it has a 100% chance to activate, and that doesn't mean it immediately drops to 0.

Apparently there's 2 or was it 3? benefits to this.
1. The longer a passive doesn't activate, the higher the likelihood of it activating.
2. It makes the girls feel spontaneous giving them a sense of agency outside of the player's control.
3... can't remember. I swear there was one more.

MP restoration is 1 or 2 MP. Very small numbers, but... maybe you're right in that balance. The original game had like no ways of restoring MP outside of sleeping and leveling up. Mana was a hardcore controlled resource, so I counterbalanced this with the mod by lowering MaxMP so that the regen would fix the balance. Maybe I need to do more and increase mana costs as well...

Regarding combo grabs, it's a big issue when they outspeed you for sure. Horny enemies will most likely outspeed you, and it might be in your best interest to run sometimes if you don't want to deal with combo grabs. In base game though, you're supposed to kill all mobs in 1 turn, which defeats the purpose of the enemies even having skills and abilities which is why they're balanced the way they are. If you think I took it too far tho, lemme know, and I'll change it. I made it through fine though.

TheeSonus

Reputation score
I can't tell if this is sarcasm, but I'm just gonna assume it's not XD
Well, it's mostly joking, though admittedly I got a little upset that the Lamia poisoned both Summer and Shian then kept spamming grab, and I couldn't do anything to her since Shian kept failing to struggle out.
Regarding combo grabs, it's a big issue when they outspeed you for sure. Horny enemies will most likely outspeed you, and it might be in your best interest to run sometimes if you don't want to deal with combo grabs. In base game though, you're supposed to kill all mobs in 1 turn, which defeats the purpose of the enemies even having skills and abilities which is why they're balanced the way they are. If you think I took it too far tho, lemme know, and I'll change it. I made it through fine though.
Admittedly it is a little... frustrating, you can say, that I constantly get grabbed and for some reason Shian just refuses to break free until like the fourth or fifth time he gets grabbed (struggling three times at least per grab), so I just get stuck in a fight with three zombie girls constantly raping Shian while Summer desperately tries to kill them until I just get too fed up and end up fleeing... (real example. I didn't keep track of turns but if I had to guess, at least 35 turns, probably more.) But I mean otherwise it's been fine so far.

OP
Aesthetic

Aesthetic

Reputation score
In the monster book, what monster girl is after the Lamia? I cannot find it anywhere. Also, where do i go after getting the third party member?
Once you beat the game the entire encyclopedia unlocks. Some enemies are also met quite out of order. I think that specific enemy is an ocean exclusive enemy.
After getting the third party member, there are two towers to explore. One tower gives you the key to the other tower.

For when you're stuck... visit every location you can or check the details of the key items you have.
The only big advice I can give regarding progress is that there IS a soft-lock in the game. As soon as you hear about the pirates, go north and do that mini-quest with all 3 party members.

GreyN23

Reputation score
Apparently the issue has to do with the fact that the game was created on a very old version of Node, and I modded the game on a new version of Node?
Either way, I included the node development environment into the mod.

Download Link:
I downloaded from that link, substituted data and js files, and still got the error on my first encounter with enemies after one or two actions:

Attachments

OP
Aesthetic

Aesthetic

Reputation score
I downloaded from that link, substituted data and js files, and still got the error on my first encounter with enemies after one or two actions:
I don't understand. Why are you only replacing the data and js files?
The post you quoted says to replace everything tho?

EDIT: Updated Mod!
New Skills(Moon):
  • Passion - A skill that activates quickly. Allows for Summer and Moon to use skills even if Shian is being assaulted, however you have double the mana cost.
  • Jealous Princess - May raise the hornyness of all battlers when Hocus Pocus activates.
New Skills(Summer):
  • Hero Crusher - Ride Shian and increase critical rate for the party for 1 turn. Small chance to activate after Heroic Penis.
Modifications to Summer and Moon's class making MP costs 200%.
Lowered the MaxMP and MaxMP growths of the two heroines.

Mana costs were a joke in the base game. With all the mana restoration in the mod, it broke the balance of the skills allowing your characters to spam w/o issue.
This is a problem in the base game, and especially in the mod.

Remember, you can't just continue from a previous game OR use NG+.
You have to start a new game.

Last edited:

GreyN23

Reputation score
Oh, I see. I'm not experienced with mods at all, and of course, I wondered how to install this mod correctly. After I read the whole thread, looks like I misunderstood this particular sentence in your reply:
No... that should be it. Just replace all the files in data and all the files in js, and the game should change.
Weird... I'm not getting errors on my end.
So, just to clarify things, I have to replace all the files from the mod instead original game files, is that so? And thank you for your efforts.

OP
Aesthetic

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Oh, I see. I'm not experienced with mods at all, and of course, I wondered how to install this mod correctly. After I read the whole thread, looks like I misunderstood this particular sentence in your reply:

So, just to clarify things, I have to replace all the files from the mod instead original game files, is that so? And thank you for your efforts.
Alright. That's my bad. I need to change the directions in the original post.

OP
Aesthetic

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Got bored, and looked at the game.

Updated Mod

New Skill - Creampie, MC can cream the girls during passive activation for slight benefits.
New Skill - Jealous Princess. Moon exclusive skill that increases the hornyness of all 3 characters.
New Skill - Hero Crusher. Increases crit rate for the party for 1 turn.

Changed Skill Insatiable Princess, to activate every 2 creampies instead of every 3 passive activations.
Changed Skill Semen Battery to activate every 5 creampies instead of every 7 passive activations.

The more the MC cums, the longer it'll take between creampies.

This slows down the passive activations considerably.

It also makes it so there's a chance that one turn, a bunch will happen all at once.
Improves the eroticism while not getting too much in the way of the main gameplay.