What's new

Impropable Pudding (Shotgun/Pervy)

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
In the year 20XX, law has changed. There are no more jails, just simple 'behavioural correction procedures', or to put it frankly, mind controlling devices used on criminals to ensure a complete fresh start. The extend of this control changes with the severity of the crime, from simple aversion therapy to becoming a tranquil, a friendly term for mindlessly obediant servants.

This however has also made the justice system harsher. As soon as the most likely suspect is found, they are assumed guilty, until their innocence is proven beyond the shadow of a doubt, exspecially in capital crime cases, were the law demands justice.

As a result, a struggle between...

"Hey! Heeey! are you actually listening to me? I know you propably know all this stuff, but as your assistant it is my duty to keep you informed!.. so were were we,.. oh right!! So theres a harsher competition in the judgement system.. and you must have reaaaaally annoyed someone, because they clearly want you to lose your case. It's completely hopeless, plus you arrived late, so we gotta head right in without even talking to our defendant, or else we will lose by absence, if this one gets to defend herself.. Errr.. but you can totally do it!.. Maybe? The cheerful blue haired girl standing before you enthused.

"Yay yay, go you, go you.. .. anyway.." She cleared her throat, looking nervously to the side.

"Your first client kind of confessed to the crime. Murder, no less. That said, something about it is.. odd. I mean.. she has no motive, for starters. err.. you know what a motive is, right? I dunno how green you are since they made you take this kinda case.. Anyway!

Oh, I almost forgot.. I see you got your
Attorney badge, so thats the minimum, here is the Defendants file, .. as she has literally confessed the crime, unless you can find any contradictions in her statement you'll uh.. lose. Right away, without any need for witnesses or evidence so.. errr.. try and do that? The blue haired girl scratched the back of her neck. She could be relatively unconcerned, as assistant it didn't really say much if she won or lost the case, you however..

Defendant file added:
Demanding to be called by the Alias 'Xarkana The Vile' this woman was found near the scene of a murder and when questioned by the police, confessed to the crime. She is 19 years old, a little over 1.5 metres tall, pale skinned with dark hair, left handed and has a known prior conduct of misbehaviour, known for attempting to intimidate people.

You'll have only a few moments to reveal the file before you'll have to head to court!

shotgungunshot

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: Impropable Pudding (Shotgun/Pervy)

Dee Turney was lost in thought for a few moments, pondering the very legal system that her assistant was talking about, a world where the legal system became 'streamlined'... the thought still disturbed her a little bit. Sure, the correction process had worked out well in some ways, putting recidivism at an unbelievable low, but she wondered if things needed to be this... loose, when it came to dealing with the accused. That was part of the reason she became a lawyer in the first place, to protect the innocent and hopefully ensure only the REAL criminals were put through the correction processes.

(Well... today's where it starts. No butterflies today Turney. You can do this!... I hope...) That was when she finally heard the assistant trying to get her attention.

"O-Oh! Yikes! Sorry. Got a bit lost in thought there..."

"You... don't do a great job of inspiring confidence right now... really. 'You can do it... But it's hopeless'. Plus, I can't help being late when I'm told to take this case with barely enough time to get here let alone figure out any details of the case!" (I don't even get any time to prepare... This is gonna be a disaster!) "Do you have any MORE bad news? Next thing you'll tell me is that... Huh... I can't even actually THINK of a sarcastic way to make this sound even worse than it already is... No time to prepare... No time to meet my client... no time to do anything... Well, I didn't pick this job because I thought it'd be easy..."

That was when she also found out that her client had actually already confessed to the crime... and part of her wondered why she was even here at this point then. "Remember how I said that I couldn't think of a way this could get worse... Apparently you found a way to do it for me..." (She's confessed and I haven't even met her... I mean, sure, she has no motive, but, why should I even be here anyway? If she's guilty then what point is there? I mean, I suppose with no motive it doesn't make any sense, I guess I should at least see how things go... But in all honesty, if she's guilty then there might not be anything I can do...) She'd need to figure things out more while in the court room, and work from there.

"Well, nothing more to do. Thanks for your help. Let's get in there! No time for doubt and no time to quit! I gotta keep strong and smile like I know what I'm doing!"

"Time to serve up some Justice!" She'd say confidently before rushing into the court room, apologizing a bit as she took her spot on the defense bench. She'd have to dive right in to this one... which was more than a little worrying, but if there was truth to be found, she'd find it, and if her client was truly innocent, she'd prove it right here, right now!

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Well, I could think of one or two worse things.. like.. uh.. I heard the prosecution is mean but not the brightest. He got a good score by taking easy to win cases. Like yours!"

"Yay, lets go like we had any clue what we are doing!" Your assistant cheered and rushed ahead.

Day One,
Courtroom
Case file 'Xarkana'

The court was luckily just as she had imagined it, a calm, elderly man presiding over the proceedings.

"Order, order. We are now presiding over the trial of Miss B-"

"Hnnhhh.."

".. miss Xarkana. On trial for the murder of Mr.Jacob Evenstar, in a public swimming pool. As the accused has confessed to the crime, she will.."

"OBJECTION!"

A youthful, strong voice shouted with a condescending subtone. Opposed to Dee stood a muscular man in an expensive looking uniform.

"Before we even begin this,.. I do not quite see any defense present for this.. case. There seem to be two girls that got lost on their way to the audience stand, but where is the actual defense for this young miss?" He brushes his hair back, giving Dee a winning grin that clearly said that, if she wanted him to get into her panties, there'd be an easy way to achieve that.

"Well.. errr, true, I do not know you young miss. Are you actually even qualified to represent the client in this case?"

Last edited:

shotgungunshot

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Dee took her place on the attorney's bench, glad not to get too major a scolding from the Judge or her opposition at first, and finally getting a look at her client. (Well... She's not doing herself or my case any favors acting like this... I doubt the Judge has the highest opinion of her at this point. At least he seems to be the 'calm and fair' type rather than some of the others I've heard of.)

She was getting ready to raise an objection to the trial ending, even with the confession, but apparently the prosecution was ahead of her on that. Her opinion of him was just about to raise... and then he opened his mouth and made her realize that she certainly didn't like this man. (What a jerk! Talking down to a girl like that! I'll show him! That's it, I'm winning this case and wiping that look off your face, buddy!) Well, she had found a reason to win, she just hoped that 'Xarkana' was actually innocent through all of this, otherwise she wouldn't have a chance.

But then even the Judge was questioning her qualification for standing at the defense bench... well... this one was easy to prove. (I'll prove I can do this. Time to show off my 'lawyer voice'!) (I just have to show them...)

( )

PRESENT: ATTORNEY'S BADGE

"I'm qualified, Your Honor! Dee Turney! rookie defense attorney, I've got my badge right here. I can handle this case, I assure you!" She said confidently, tapping the badge on her suit to show that she was indeed an attorney. "I may be new, but I'm still an attorney, and qualified to be here."

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Hmnhmn.. Congratulations on your graduation. I hope you are prepared for the things to come. Objection sustained, clearly she is qualified. Very well then, present the case."

The mans eyes narrowed, his friendly expression melting away into something more .. threatening."Tchk... I've seen your badge. I was just being nice, giving you a chance at not starting with a huge defeat rookie, but so be it.

At approximately 19:17, after closing hours of the public swimming pool, Jacob Evenstar, an up and rising star-swimmer of the local sports team was staying to train at the already closed swimming pool.
Said pool has an automated door system, meaning after closing times you can still leave, but not enter. The Pool normally closes at 19:00, so the killer hid in the area, until they were certain to be alone with the victim and mercilessly stabbed them in the back!"
he brushed his hair back, flashing a winning smile at the females in the audience.

"At 19:34 the body was discovered by a lifeguard, making closing his closing rounds. As was the defendant, who consequentially confessed the crime... an open and shut case, if I've ever seen one, heh.

I will have to admit that the murder weapon was not found at the scene of the crime... but as we have a confession, this is an irrelevant detail, as you will see!"
He waved his hand.

"Please testify your crime to the court, miss Xarkana."

-------------------------Cross Examination!------------------------------------------------------

"Ok.. so.."

"Yeah, I totally did it. The wicked stabbing, that is. Muahahahaha!

I waited at the swimming pool because... I wanted to have a late night swim.

And then I saw him on the springboard, ready to hop into the pool, so I snuck up from behind, pushed him off and then stabbed his back, like.. stab stab stab! Muahaha!

It was like.. a little while after seven when that happened and he went splash, but.. then they caught me."
She gave a sulky expression.

"This description of event perfectly fits the Autopsy report... oh... You haven't had time to review it yet.. let me help you out there, sugarsnails." He grinned, flexing and tossing a file over to you.

"You see.. an easy conviction. Unless you wish to add anything?"

Autopsy report added!
The Victim, Male, 21, was found floating in the pool with a multitude of stabwounds to the back, penetrating the coronar artery. Several stabs were delivered in short sucession, the fourth of which was lethal, after which three further attacks were delivered, worsening the bleeding. He also had fresh scratch marks on his right arm, but no defensive markings. Time of death was between 19:15 and 19:19 from bloodloss.

"Hmnn.. well, that all made sense to me, but something about this is weird don't you think? Remember that you can press any witness for more information and question them further.. just don't overdo it or you might end up turning the judge against you..." Dee's assistant nodded, encouragingly.

Last edited:

shotgungunshot

Sex Demon
Reputation score

"Thank you, Your Honor. I'm ready for all of this, come what may. Hopefully you'll be seeing a lot more of me from now on." (There you go, Turney... Just keep yourself looking professional... You're not way in over your head... no sirree... Totally calm...)

She seemed a little surprised at the way the prosecutor's demeanor changed. Then she leaned over to whisper to her assistant, seeming taken a little aback by his threatening look.

"Geez... If that was his idea of 'being nice' then I doubt there's gonna be any politeness coming my way..." (I mean, I was told to expect the rude ones more often than not... but why does this stuff have to happen on my very first case? Wait... gotta knock this sad stuff off... Confidence... You got this... You're the best... Let's put the brave face on...)

"You should worry more about your own chances of winning, and stop focusing on mine. Maybe you'll learn a thing or two about underestimating a lady!" Her voice showed... some fake confidence, not having trained all that well at pretending to be strong when she was in such a bad situation.

Dee listened carefully to the summary of the crime, taking a few mental notes, and finding herself liking the prosecutor less and less with the way he acted. (Damn... That whole description makes a lot of sense, actually... And it really doesn't help that she's already gone and confessed to the crime. There's not much for me to do if she's actually guilty... I'm not gonna get a criminal let off just for a win... Arghhh! None of that talk Turney! No doubt now... Your job is to defend, not to suspect and doubt!) She had always been one to attempt to pump herself up, give herself a little bit of confidence even when things looked really hopeless for her.

"Hold on! Without a murder weapon then this case is missing a crucial detail that could lead to the truth! How can we have this case without even having the weapon!" (I doubt that's gonna fly... She did confess to it after all... But I didn't think I'd start on a case with such a vital clue missing. This is a train wreck from top to bottom... But nothing worth doing is easy. Maybe I can get something out of her cross examination, otherwise this is gonna be a very quick case...) When someone confessed, generally you'd need to tear the confession apart factually to even have a chance at continuing the trial, but if that's the case then that's just what Dee would do.

Once again, she found herself disliking her court opponent even more, wishing she could slap him for the condescending nicknames, or at least not be in such a disadvantageous position while in the courtroom. She would also show herself not to have very good reflexes when the file was thrown at her, not managing to catch it and instead having it hit her face while she was trying to focus.

"......................Thanks..." She'd grumble bitterly, not wanting to give the jerk any credit if she could help it, but unfortunately she did need that autopsy report, so she couldn't help being a little polite and thanking the arrogant prosecutor. (Alright! Here we go! Cross-Examination time! We'll tear this entire confession apart, and then just maybe we'll get the real truth!) She'd give her assistant a nod in thanks, happy to be reminded of how important pressing could be to a lawyer... especially when she needed more information, like right now in fact!

CROSS-EXAMINATION!
( )

Yeah, I totally did it. The wicked stabbing, that is. Muahahahaha!
( )

"Err... Right... Um... Anyway... Would you mind telling the court your motive for this crime? I find it odd to think you'd do all this without some sort of reason... Especially with how brutal it was... It feels like there was some sort of bad blood there... at least that's how it seems..."

I waited at the swimming pool because... I wanted to have a late night swim.
( )

"You wanted to 'have a late night swim'? Is that really the reason you were there? I mean, after all, there's public pools and lakes and all sorts of other places you could do that... Plus, that's such an odd time of night for a swim, not to mention the fact that you'd have to get IN before the pool closed to take a swim, as otherwise you'd be locked out... Is there any other reason you were out there?" (That can't be the real reason, can it?) Either way, she'd wait to hear Xarkana's explanation before moving on, listening carefully for anything that might be useful to her. She also wondered why she'd be confessing to this crime, especially considering she seemed to enjoy the fact that she committed the crime, normally those types wouldn't confess, they'd instead try to hide it and get away with it. The confession, paired with her way of acting was what made things just feel... wrong. Maybe this confession wasn't as clear cut as it seemed.

And then I saw him on the springboard, ready to hop into the pool, so I snuck up from behind, pushed him off and then stabbed his back, like.. stab stab stab! Muahaha!
( )

"Would you mind giving us a bit more detail on how things happened? For example... err... are we to take each of those 'stabs' you've just said as an individual time you stabbed Mr. Evenstar? If so, would you be kind enough to clarify how many times you supposedly stabbed him and whether or not he fought back when you did? Just a few more details might be very helpful to this entire case." (Well this might be easy. If she knows details she shouldn't know then she might be guilty, but if she doesn't know the details, then its likely she's NOT the killer.)

It was like.. a little while after seven when that happened and he went splash, but.. then they caught me.
( )

"What do you mean by 'they caught me'? I thought it was just a single lifeguard that found you. Was there another person at the scene that caught you red handed? Actually... weren't you apprehended a good few minutes AFTER the murder occurred? Wouldn't you have had time to leave the scene, or even hide yourself to avoid being caught? With that much time I'd think that running away would be rather easy, wouldn't it?" (I'd think that a murderer that had any intentions of getting away with their crime would at the very least flee the scene of the murder, rather than mill around for about 10-15 minutes just doing nothing until they were caught.)

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"You's said you's ready for lotsa stuff, so its fine though right?" The Assistant grinned, well, at least one person seemed to believe in hier.

"Objection!"

"Hmnhmn..." He grinned triumphantly. "Normally, the murder weapon would of COURSE be an important piece of evidence, however, a conviction without one is still possible, if there is overwhelming evidence. In this case, both your own client and the happenstance of the crime allow little doubt.

.. also I'm not worried at all."
His expression softened, back into a winning smile, as he shrugged his shoulders.

"You wouldn't want any criminal to just get away by doing the most obvious thing, getting rid of the murder weapon, now would you!"

"Indeed, as long as I see no reason to doubt the self incrimination of your client, the murder weapon, whilest an important detail, is not a necessity for conviction. Proceed."

"A reason? .. a reason you ask?"

"Well, it's because I'm super duper evil! I do evil things all the time. Like.. not putting my address on letters I send out so they can't write back, hahaha! Or.. secretly exchanging the soj-meat and real meat at the supermarket! Muahahaha!"

"Clealry, your defendant is up to no good.." That came with a bit less conviction this time.

-

"Uh.. wah? Ye.. yeah it was, I mean, what else would you do at a pool? Ahahahaha. Definitly no other reasons."

*tap tap tap tap tap tap tap.* "I'm getting impatient.. The Witness testified. Move along." He did this thing again where his smile faded all too quickly when he didn't get an easy victory.

"A little more detail you say? Why certainly? Theres a set of benches and parasols to the left of the diving tower, where you can hide relatively easily.. I did just that and waited until he was ready to jump, but then.. I reached up and pushed him into the water instead! With his back exposed, I jumped in right after and gave his back a good stabbing! Stabbie stab! And then he bled. Hahahaha!...

How often?"

"Err.. four or five times. Was real messy that one!"

"Yeah, they caught me.. usually I just get a stern talking to, but this time I did something truly evil, so they couldn't. First there was this lifeguard guy, think he was a friend of Mr.Mc Stabbed, but he was like.. oh my god you monster, you're going nowhere, I'm calling the police.. and then he did!"

"Yes indeed. Luckily the man who caught her, whose identity I will not reveal without any necessity to the court, was a well trained athlete as well, so the suspect could not escape him."

"Yeah, exactly that. I would have gotten away with it too, if not for that meddling fool!"

"As for why I didn't leave earlier.. uh.. obviously I had to get rid of the murder weapon, first things first, thats what you've been going on about too!"

"Miss Xarkana, the murderweapon was not found at the scene of the crime, which I believe was searched throughoutly. Please testify to this court how you got rid of it."

"Well! Obviously we all bring swimming bags to the pool, to stash our change of clothing, and the wet clothes afterwards. I put it in there and stashed it in a locker.. guess your folks just haven't been searching hard enough. I did take those ten minutes to hide the bag 'n stuff."

"Your honor, I will see to it that the officer on duty is reprimanded for this lack of throughoutness. I think it was a woman-police officer of all things, so that explains that.

Now then cutie.. are all your questions answered? I believe we can relieve the witness now, clearly she needs a mental adjustment badly."

"What do you say miss Turney, do you have further questions for this witness?" The judge looked at you expectantly, your assistant in a more concerned way. Well, she was very badly hiding her concern actually. If there were no more questions...

"Yeah, so as I said, was all me. Totally did it cause I'm evil. That's all the reason I need.. fear me!

I waited at the swimming pool because... I wanted to have a late night swim. Definitly nothing else to do at a swimming pool!

And then I saw him on the springboard, ready to hop into the pool, so I hid behind them benches, waiting for the right moment, snuck up from behind, pushed him off and then stabbed his back, like.. stab stab stab! Muahaha!

It was like.. a little while after seven when that happened and he went splash, but.. then they caught me. First this meddling friend of this, then he called the police and they's all arrested me. Poo."

Last edited:

shotgungunshot

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Dee couldn't really say much more about continuing the trial without the murder weapon, as the Judge did have the final say in all of this, and she doubted she could convince him to stop this when her own client was confessing to the crime any way. (Still... something seems definitely fishy with this confession... Maybe she really is innocent... but then why would she be purposely confessing to this crime that she didn't commit?) Things were rather odd for her first case, to say the least... but either way she'd listen to the reasoning behind 'Xarkana' committing the murder...

"Wait... You're doing it just to be evil?" (Is that all there is...)

"Don't tell me..." (That can't be why... can it? That'd be crazy...) Either way she'd straighten herself up, deciding that she wouldn't go down that line of thought if she had no real evidence any way. But she kept it in the back of her head for now.

From there she listened carefully to everything else her client had to say, taking note of the information, a little disturbed by the amount of glee she took in the crime that she supposedly had done. If she didn't already doubt her confession, Dee might have thrown in the towel at this point, as someone acting like this was more than likely the actual criminal. But now that she had the idea in her mind, she found that the confession actually didn't convince her any more.

"Err... No your honor, I don't have any specific questions to ask the witness... Though something does bother me now..."

"It might just be better for me to SHOW you the issue though!" (Pretty sure THAT doesn't make sense... Even if it might be a little minor, minor things make a huge difference).

And then I saw him on the springboard, ready to hop into the pool, so I hid behind them benches, waiting for the right moment, snuck up from behind, pushed him off and then stabbed his back, like.. stab stab stab! Muahaha!

PRESENT: Autopsy Report

"While the witness' confession may match up with the crime at first glance... There are a key few details that are off!" She'd use her necklace to bring up a screen, allowing her to read information on the evidence given to her, without the need to put all the items over the defense bench and clutter things up...

"Now, first of all when I asked for more details on her crime, she stated to have stabbed the victim 'about 4 or 5 times'. But when you look at the autopsy report, it states that the victim was stabbed multiple times, with the 4th of which being lethal. However, after that he was attacked 3 more times. Add that up, and you get 7 stabs. Significantly more than the witness has testified. That alone is a little odd, but with her explanation of events... There's also NO explanation for why he had fresh scratch marks on his right arm. As with the witness' explanation, there was no moment where scratches were able to get on his arm!"

"The witness' testimony doesn't match up with the facts of the evidence! And if that's the case then..."

"Her confession would become null and void! So what do you have to say to that, witness?" She said confidently.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"She seems a bit.. errr.. creepy, doesn't she" Dee's assistant simply shrugged.

"Bothers you? .. ooh, high tech." It seemed the screen at least got the judge impressed.

"Huh.. wait w-wha?" Xarkana suddenly looked shocked. She honestly didn't seem to know his information.

"But I was certain I only heard ... err.. I mean, ehehe, I must've miscounted, silly old me.. uh, Scratchmarks? Wh-"

"Objection!"

"Grrr.. grrrrr. rrrraaaah! Enough of this nonsense! Listen here girly, that your client got forgetful about just how brutal she was changes nothing! So she stabbed the victim more often than she can remember.. just shows how insane and brutal she is. As for the wound on the arm, ... "

"Heh, autopsy is not an exact science. The victim was doing physical excercise. Who is to say that this injury wasn't inflicted BEFORE the attack? You can't prove that, can you?.. so... what is it, do you have decisive evidence?"

"Hmnnn... " The judge seemed thoughtful. "If she had said 6 or 7, I could have believed it, but giving a margin, she was still off by two. Even if we assume that the confession is true and the defendant indeed inflicted the number of stab-wounds she claims, who'd have added more and why? And there is the question of the arm. But can the defense prove that the injury to the arm happened at the moment of the murder and not prior?"

Hold it!

"N... no we can't! But that doesn't really matter, right Turney?" She grinned, stemming her hands into her sides.

"And who allowed the defenses assistance to just barge in? What are you even on about!"

"Eeep." Aaand then she attempted to hide behind Dee, not finishing her thought.

"I.. I mean..uh ...Why's he glaring at me like that? D.. do something!"

Last edited:

shotgungunshot

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Dee inwardly smiled when the judge seemed to be impressed by her little piece of technology. (I just hope I can keep up a hot streak of impressing the Judge...) Since the Judge ultimately determined the case, she would prefer him not to see her as a 'rookie' as that might subconsciously affect his feelings on the case.

(Now THERE'S a real reaction out of her! She's definitely lying, I'm sure of it now! If she doesn't even know how many times that she supposedly 'stabbed' him, and couldn't even get close to the right number, then there's gotta be something more there.) She was all set to continue pushing this line of thought before the prosecutor stepped up once again, halting her momentum a little bit with his explanation for 'why' things could be like that.

"I doubt she just 'forgot' when she was so ready to give us actual numbers. If she wasn't sure, she'd have just told us. Instead she got the wrong number, and was confident enough to give us those wrong numbers! Even when the numbers are moved a little to give her benefit of the doubt, she's off by 2 stabs... I doubt anyone would forget stabbing a person twice." She couldn't let an objection like that stand without a rebuttal, as then she might give up all her momentum to the prosecution.

Thankfully, the Judge seemed to agree with her on that one, as the number of stabs were an important contradiction. Though the question of if she could prove when the scratch marks appeared was a much tougher one. She was about to respond when her assistant spoke up, seeming to have picked something up... Until being shut down by the prosecutor and hiding behind her...

"HEY!"

"She was just trying to help! Quit picking on people just because they're smaller than you! You big bully! Leave her alone!" She shouted at him, standing tall to try and letting her assistant hide behind her, wanting to protect her, especially when she was trying to help their case like that. She'd reach a hand behind her back to pat her assistant on the head, just wanting to protect her at this point.

"I don't have any specific evidence that could prove that per say... But I don't think we particularly NEED that right now, considering exactly what the defendant just said, and her 'knowledge' of the crime." She figured she'd need to explain her line of logic again, but she thought she was on to something. (Or I'm just completely off and I'll make a fool of myself... But I already showed up late and got made fun of for being a woman... So might as well rush in head first!)

"The defendant just reacted in surprise to the scratch marks, saying 'uh, Scratch marks?' right before you rudely cut her off, Prosecutor. Now, IF we assume that this confession is true, then the defendant says she was watching the victim intently as he was on the diving board, waiting for her opportunity. From there, she ran in close, eyes remaining on him as she pushed him into the pool, diving in after him to stab him. This means that she had her eyes on him intently the whole time, and got close enough to stab him a few times. IF all this is true, then his arms couldn't be scratched BEFORE the crime! Anyone would notice those scratch marks if they were there before the murder. So, there are only two real possibilities for the scratch marks. The first is that the scratch marks came BEFORE the crime, but that would mean this entire confession is false, and she has no real knowledge of the crime in question, as she SHOULD have seen those scratch marks ahead of time. The second is that the scratch marks came about during or after the crime, but that would mean the confession is just as false! As the defendant didn't give any explanation for the scratch marks, and didn't KNOW they even existed! So..."

"Which option suits you best, Prosecutor? Do you want the voided confession, or the voided confession?" (Of course... I could ask for more testimony... but right now that'd be kind of silly... With what I have now I can at least work on tearing into the confession...)

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I'm bullying no one.. if you aren't cut out for the courtoom, you are free to rest your defense. Hmpfh."

"Her knowledge of the crime? What do you mean?"

There was a mumbling from the audience of the courtroom as Dee went on with her explanation.

"O.. objection, but if her testimony is only false or false.. err.. I mean.. th... that doesn't work out.." He hesitated..

"Objection denied. Continue Miss Turney."

"What I want.. huh.. what I want.... Heh."

"Tzzk tzzzk tzzzk.. thats really clever. Hoh hoh hoh."

"Your honor, the defenses plot becomes clear. Of course, her and her client are good friends, why else would she have taken this hopeless case? Naturally, with the automatically locking door and the clear witness, moreso, with a confession a conviction would have been an open and shut case, even without a confession, your client would have been in deep trouble,..

So you TOLD them to intentionally lie in their confession. Only to blow holes into it and make me look stupid. A false confession would be better than a lie in this situation right? A clever smokescreen, I will admit, however.."

"Uh.. actually.."

"Sorry, but I don't actually know her.. that said, seeing how she tries so hard to defend me, I guess I ought to say the truth.. I was just.. I just wanted to be cool, ok."

"S.. sorry miss Lawyer."

"Actually, this evening, I didn't watch the victim at all. Frankly I was annoyed he was still around.

I was hiding out in the toilets, waiting for people to leave so... I'd have my peace and quiet.

But then, suddenly, I heard a guy scream.. and again.. four times in total, last one was bit more of an err.. gurgle gurgle.. thats why I thought.. err.. anyway. There was a splash and then it was silent again.

It was.. kinda scary, so I hid in the toilet, door locked and waited until I was certain no one would be out there.. when I finally went out, there was a body floating in the water.. I saw no one else sooo. I decided to leave, but I ran into this swimming dude and.. he took one look at the body in the water and shouted at me what I had done and I was like.. well I tried to creep him out as always.. "
She grinned.

"Because we all know, creepy is cute!"

She posed, causing the Squid-girl hiding behind Dee to whimper and try to shrink a little more. "Sh.. she definitly did it, changed my mind."

"So yeah.. that was all.."

"O.. objection!"

"That testimony is clearly different from before, and there is no proof of another person being there.. err.."

"Hrmnn.. overall, we lack information. What and where is the murderweapon? How did the victims arm get injured? I also find our suspects.. motive to be.. exotic at best. I thus request that the prosecution further look into this. Unless the defense has anything to add, we will solve these mysteries tomorrow."

"... Understood sir."

"...Can I come out?"

Last edited:

shotgungunshot

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Dee would whisper a promise to her assistant that she would get the prosecution back for being so mean to her later... And then offered to treat her to some ice cream or pudding or something to make up for it when everything was over.

(Woo! You go Dee! You tore the confession apart. And since there's no murder weapon, and the only 'witness' was the one that got to her AFTER the crime... we can at least unclassify this whole case as a 'total train wreck'. Though with almost no evidence, this is probably gonna have to have some more investigation.) And it was then that the prosecutor made his accusation.

"Y-You're joking... right? That's the most insane idea I've ever heard... Can you really not handle things going even slightly bad for you?" (Geez... Are you really THAT insecure?) "Ahem... I can confirm that I've never met the witness before... Like... ever. Seriously... I didn't even know what she looked like until I got into court today..."

Then she heard Xarkana's apology, giving her client a smile when she admitted why she confessed... pretty much confirming what she had been worried of already.

"It's okay. Just no more lying from now on, alright? Trust me, it's not 'cool' to be a tranquil, so let's at least be honest here." (Ok... now let's hope that she actually cooperates with us, and doesn't keep trying to get herself in trouble)

Dee kept herself from flinching as she purposely made herself look creepy thinking that it was cute, reaching a hand behind herself to pet her assistant a little more, just wanting to comfort her as well. "Now now... we gotta believe in her. She didn't do it... just cause she's a little scary doesn't mean she's the criminal." She whispered, remembering one of the most important things about being a lawyer, believing in your client.

"I agree, Your Honor. Without the confession, we at least need the murder weapon to confirm the details of this case." (Phew... At least I dodged the guilty verdict... Now I can actually have some time to figure stuff out...)

"The Defense has nothing more to add, Your Honor! I'll see you, and Mr. Bully over on the Prosecution tomorrow." She said cheerily, turning around and reassuring her assistant that she could come out now.

Once they were out of the Courtroom, Dee would fall onto the couch, letting the exhaustion show after all the stress. But she'd take a few moments before standing herself back and recomposing herself. "Phew... Really touch and go there... Thanks for trying to stand up for me... Even if Mr. Bully was being mean to you."

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Very well then, we shall meet again tomorrow at the same time.. please be on point." "Hmpfh.. yes your honor."

"Yay, Icecream!.. she's a lot scary though..." The squidgirl insisted. Thinking about it, Dee didn't even know- "I'm Mary by the way. Mary Tentacle." She lifted one of her hair strains.. Dee had seen them move peripherally before but didn't pay attention to it. "I'm a monstergirl. You can call me Squid or squiddie if you like.. but not Squip.

Never Squip."
She narrowed her eyes.

"Anyway, I'm actually an expert on water-stuff, thats why I was assigned as assistant to whoever took this stuff, so you can ask me anything!..

Say, why didn't you bring up the wetness?

See, if the Defendant had jumped in after the victim, like she said, she'd have been drenched in water.. even if she changed her clothes, we'd find her swimming clothes still half-wet at the scene, ... but you propably had a reason not to bring that up, right?"
She cheered. "Anyway, lets go for some icecream, and then we can talk to your client and investigate the crime sc.. eeep!" Squid girl hid again.

"Oh hey there.. uh.." "Take your time speaking with your attorney, I'll be back to fetch you."

"Right.. uh.. Sooooo.. yous suupposed to protect me.. riiiight? ... .. There was.. maybe a minor thing I .. kinda left out.

I wasn't actually at the pool to swim.. you see, err.. theres this new magic coloring and.. it colors something awesomely blood-red.. one bag is enough for an entire tub.. sooooo.. I kinda snuck in a swimming bag full of the stuff, I wanted to make the.. Giant Blood Pool! Wooo!.. Great idea.. buuut.. I kinda was forced to.. leave my bag. I got scared and decided not to carry it out with me, then I forgot because of all the.. uh.. dead guy thing.

So.. err.. anyway, I thought about it and you are right. It's wrong to claim credit for what others did."
She nodded sagely, whipping a bit back and forth.

Last edited:

shotgungunshot

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Dee resisted the urge to stick her tongue out at the prosecutor once the Judge postponed the case another day... It was a very difficult struggle but she thankfully won out in the end and remained looking... moderately mature... when she got herself another day.

She chuckled a bit, agreeing that the witness did seem kind of scary, but that didn't necessarily make her guilty. "Sure she's kind of intimidating, but that doesn't mean she should be arrested for a crime that she didn't commit. Clients come in all shapes and sizes, the only thing that matters between all of them is that they truly are innocent. And right now I believe she didn't commit this crime." (Though she is definitely a handful... Confessing immediately... Geez.) Then she'd smile at Mary, reaching her hand out for a handshake. "Nice to meet you, Mary. You probably already figured it out, but I'm Dee Turney. I think I'll just call you Mary, and stick with that from now on, that'll at least keep me from going with 'squip'." She had remembered knowing a few monster girls when she was young.

(Didn't... didn't even think of the wet clothes. Nice one Dee... How about you pay more attention next time... It all worked out in the end I guess...) She sometimes got a bad case of tunnel vision with things like this, focusing in on one tiny detail and essentially missing the forest because she was too busy focusing on the trees."Err... Heh heh... Well I figured we could... uh... try a different route first. Because... The prosecution would... probably ALSO know that! And so if I went down that path then they might have something prepared..." Well, she would learn to get better at bluffing with practice... but as it stood that one was pretty darn bad. Thankfully, the subject would change as her client walked over and gave them something completely different to focus on.

"Nice to finally meet you, Xarkana. I'm Dee Turney, and yes, I'm going to do everything I can to make sure you're safe. And as long as you really didn't do it, then I'll defend you as much as humanly possible, and keep you from becoming tranquil."

(Of course you didn't tell us everything... Because why try to get off on a good foot?) She'd listen intently to the thing that Xarkana had left out, nodding a bit and taking a few mental notes. "Alright... So there's something at the crime scene that can make things LOOK like blood... I'll see if I can find that to make sure of a few things. Do you remember specifically where you left it?" She'd ask, jotting down a few mental notes about this, which would be yet another lead to investigate once they got a chance. (You really are a troublemaker. Who tries to make a pool look like blood?)

"Right... Well then maybe you can help us find the one that deserves...'credit' for this stuff. Do you think you could walk us through your actions around the time of the crime? For now how about we go with what you remember from the moment you went into the pool, to the moment you were apprehended. After all, you had to have gotten in BEFORE 19:00 because the door would've locked, right?" This was a good opportunity to get some information out of her client, and give her a lead or two to investigate, as well as give her an accurate picture of the sequence of events. (We've got some serious ground to make up for. Any lead could help right now... At least I bought us another day.)

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Oooh I see.. if the prosecution also knew that they'd have tricked you, pointing out that your client could have changed and simply hid the clothes in a swimming bag, then you couldn't have presented those as evidence if they weren't bloody or anything!" Mary cheered, then narrowed her eyes at the mere mention of Squip.

"Uh.. it should still be in the toilet stall..." She nodded. "What happened before? Uhmnn.. alright... so what you are saying is I can do something far more creepy? Hah.. of course I am innocent.. why?" She slumed down, covering her eyes for a moment, as if about to cry, then however, brushed her hand aside.:

"If you kill people, you can't scare them!" "D.. definitly guilty.."

"I went into the pool rather late, cause I didn't want to wait. I dun usually keep a watch on me, but it was after 18:30, propably 18:40 ish. When I came, most people either had already, or were leaving. There was The Victim dude, and another guy.. too much naked muscular chest showing off for my tastes.. ugh. anyway.

These two were doing the swimming really hard. There was also a pink girl watching them, but .. not creepy at all. All pink cheeks and happy smiles, like she liked the naked chest thing. Yuck. Anyway.

I snuck to the changing rooms, from which you can acess the toilets as well, to hide out in, so I didn't really get what was happening, but for what I know, Everything got pretty quiet, so I just hid out and waited, am good at that,.. until the screaming a while later. I know it was after seven only because theres an automated warning about the place closing down, telling folks to leave.. but the lifeguard has often already left at this time, 's why I hatched my genius plan!"

shotgungunshot

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Dee hid her surprise at how her assistant bought her whole 'the prosecution would expect it' lie. (Well... at least I haven't gone down in her eyes. Note to self... next time I fail horribly... just tell her that I totally meant to do that...) It was good to know that something like that would work, it meant that she wouldn't look stupid to EVERYONE when things went wrong.

"Oh hush... Scary people can be innocent, just like nice looking people can do evil... She is pretty creepy though..." (But definitely innocent... Well, not exactly 'innocent' bur she's not a murderer.) "Err... Exactly, you can figure out some really creative ways to scare people. Unless you get found guilty. Cause then they'll make sure you never cause any trouble or scare anyone ever again, and we don't want that, right?" Might as well use the logic to get her client properly on her side, that way they'd hopefully have an easier time.

"Alright, so we've got two new potential suspects, a man and a woman, both of whom likely knew the victim. That's good, as that gives us a decent amount of stuff to look into. I suppose you didn't recognize either of the people?" (Hrrrmmm... Well conceivably there are two easy suspects to go to. They were both there before the place closed down... and it would be easy to find a good place to hide and wait for the place to close down.) So she had a murder weapon to search for, two new suspects to look in to, some sort of liquid that could make water look like blood, and an entire crime scene worth of potential evidence to search through. At the very least, it was a huge step up from having nothing to work with no evidence and a confession from her client. "So, you heard 4 screams, which is what made you think there were 4 stabs rather than the eventual 7. Did you perhaps happen to hear anything else that might be important? Even the tiniest detail could help quite a bit in the end." She'd listen intently, nodding and jotting down her mental notes some more, figuring there was never too much information for her.

"Alright, one more thing. After you decided to leave the pool, did you notice anything about the lifeguard that caught you?" After that, she'd nod, and let Xarkana say anything further that she wanted to say. If Xarkana had any questions for Dee, she'd stick around to answer them, ready to give some information in return. But afterwards, she'd bid her client farewell, figuring that any more information that she needed she could get later at the detention center. Plus, she did still have to make good on her promise of ice cream to Mary. Once their meeting was over, she'd step out of the court room, ready to get some actual work done and be a little prepared for things.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"They do? Thats horrible!" *she gasped* "I want to trouble lots and lots of people!

Recognize? Naah.. another was a swimmer dude as well, girl wasn't dressed up for swimming, too.. fancy."
She nodded.

"Anything else.. uhm.. I guess.. oh yes, as I had to wait so long, 'i missed a rerum of the Addams family, my famvourte romantic comedy. If you can catch me episode 8 again anyhwere, that'd be awesome.

The lifeguard? Oh, the victims friend. uh.. well, if you ask like this I guess he was pretty shocked to see his rival dead, but beyond that.. oh they were rivals in swimming competitions.. not anmyore now though, I guess.. hah!"

~~At the Icecream stand~~

"So .. *slurp* any suspects?*slurp* Who here is a cool squid and thinks it a coincidence that the witness caught your 'victim' so easily?*sluuuuurp* perhaps should go to to scene of the.. awww.. this ice is broken! It's all empty!" Squidgirl complained.

shotgungunshot

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Dee was glad to finally have a few leads to look out for, and to have gotten Xarkana on her side, making her understand the gravity of the punishment she'd end up getting. "It was quite an experience talking with you, Xarkana. Keep going for your whole 'scary' thing you got going on and as long as you behave just long enough for me to get you a not guilty verdict, then you can get back to... umm... 'terrorizing the masses' or whatever it is you do. And I'll work as hard as possible to get you out of this place." She promised.

~~At the Icecream stand~~

Dee was enjoying her ice cream, lost in thought over the case at hand before she heard her assistant speaking with her. "Pretty much yeah. Not only was the one that discovered him conveniently at the scene just in time, but he's also apparently a rival of the victim... That's suspicious if you ask me. We don't have anything concrete, but maybe we'll turn something up when we check out the crime scene. Oh... let me grab you one more before we head out." She chuckled a bit when she saw that Mary was out of ice cream, buying her another one because she was already thankful for the squidgirl to be helping her around. Besides, while she didn't have a whole lot of money, ice cream wasn't too costly. A good break also helped to clear their mind too, giving them the chance to go over what little they knew before heading to do some more investigating.

"Alright, let's get going to the crime scene then. Not sure if squidgirls work the same way, but hold off from swimming for a little bit when we get there. Don't want you getting cramps..." A part of her knew that was just a misconception, but she figured it was better safe than sorry.

MOVE TO: Crime Scene

If she was allowed on the scene without troubles, she'd first just try to get a lay of the room, as the layout of the scene was very important to any understanding of the crime. "Hmmm... Gotta remember to check the bathrooms for Xarkana's little 'mischief-making' tools..." (Plus we gotta track down those two witnesses if we can... Leave no stone unturned) After she got a lay of the land, she'd look around the crime scene for anyone that was nearby that knew about the incident, wanting to take down some statements.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Horrray for terrorizing!"

Mary devoured more of the icecream with abandon. "Dun worry, not *slurp* swimming when the water is all.. icky bloody."

"Sorry miss, you can't come in here, in case the police tape didn't tip you off, restricted area."

"Please leave an..a chooo! achoooo!.. excuse me, some.. idiot left a bag of red food color in the toilets, I had to bag it for evidence, that thing gets.. achooo! everywhere..." She sniffed, rubbing her nose and blacking the entry.

"Forget about.. *hic* it.. she lets no one in.. bloody.. mess.." A muscular guy with a half emptied bottle of Vodka commented, waving you aside. "Something about 'n investigation in progress."

"On that note, I understand your feelings, but if you keep drinking like achoo.. that I.. achoo.. achooo!" The police officer sniffed.

The squidgirl continued lapping up her icecream.

shotgungunshot

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Dee was a little miffed that the crime scene was closed off like this, though it made sense to ensure nothing would happen to the crime scene. She made note that she would probably not be getting the blood dye back at this rate. Before she had a chance to comment about anything, she noticed the sneezing police officer, as well as the seemingly drunk muscular man. This was... this was quite the crowd she currently had around her... and Dee barely knew where to start. "Er... one second officer... I think I have something in here somewhere..." She kept a backpack with her so she wouldn't be carrying stuff around, and so she would dig around in it for a while before pulling out a box of tissues, keeping them handy for times like this. "Here, use these..." (Bandages, tissues, and a bottle of water... Always be prepared...)

Once she was done with that, Dee would stand up a bit straighter and tap the badge pinned to her suit a few times. "Sorry for troubling you, miss. I'm Dee Turney, the defense attorney for this case. I was hoping to be able to investigate around the crime scene, if you don't mind. Or if you'd just want to let me know what's been found, that might be easier for both of us..."

After that she'd turn to the drunk man, raising an eyebrow at him for a moment before speaking. "Errrrr... And you are? I don't suppose you have anything to do with this case?" She asked, still a little overwhelmed by the... colorful... characters around her. (I think I'll stick to keeping away from the booze considering how you look... buddy...)