What's new

In today's news...

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Maybe the metoo shit can finish swirling the drain now.

noman

Lurker
Reputation score

Maybe the metoo shit can finish swirling the drain now.
They won't. Most people dislike admitting that they were wrong, and activists especially hate to do so. They are going to double down and insist that today's trial was further proof of the patriarchy. But it might make some of their less devoted followers feel disillusioned and stop caring about the movement.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
Everywhere, even the most left wing places I can find (And those are pretty far left) is celebrating and they hate Amber (Or at least strongly dislike her)
It probably helps that much of the trial was available to be viewed for anyone interested, leading to many people who initially supported Amber watching and changing their mind as they began to realize that she is not a good person and Depp is in the right

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
Everywhere, even the most left wing places I can find (And those are pretty far left) is celebrating and they hate Amber (Or at least strongly dislike her)
It probably helps that much of the trial was available to be viewed for anyone interested, leading to many people who initially supported Amber watching and changing their mind as they began to realize that she is not a good person and Depp is in the right
Amber's only mistake was going after Captain Jack Sparrow
They won't. Most people dislike admitting that they were wrong, and activists especially hate to do so.
They are going to double down and insist that today's trial was further proof of the patriarchy.
*cough*

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
It should be worth noting that the few left-wing places I still have contacts with (The ones that didn't try to get rid of me for not being left wing enough) are all the sceptical anti-capitalism type, not the 'progressive zealot' type, though there is some overlap sometimes

Also Sarkeesian is just trying to say shit for attention as usual. 'Don't feed the trolls' should apply to those types
Sadly even if we ignore them, they're going to just keep spouting the usual shit

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
It should be worth noting that the few left-wing places I still have contacts with (The ones that didn't try to get rid of me for not being left wing enough) are all the sceptical anti-capitalism type, not the 'progressive zealot' type, though there is some overlap sometimes

Also Sarkeesian is just trying to say shit for attention as usual. 'Don't feed the trolls' should apply to those types
Sadly even if we ignore them, they're going to just keep spouting the usual shit
Ignoring them is exactly how we got into this mess. For years we have been ignoring the more extreme feminists when they storm men's health/rights conference. It only made them bolder.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Both sides thing, of the "pots calling the kettles black" variety...
You have a bunch of pro-Matriarchy Misandrists calling pro-Patriarchy Misogynists "sexist pigs".
Well no, the misandrists are calling anyone that doesn't agree with them sexist pigs. I haven't seen any serious arguments for the revocation of female rights gain traction, at best there's a bunch of guys that get off on seeing the misandrists REEEE so they bait 'em.

Last edited:

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
You've not paid attention then. There's a lot of people who are strongly opposed to female rights, and they're very entrenched in their own communities
I am of course talking about the muslims, which tend to have religious extremism far more brutal than any mainstream Christian branch. But you'll never see the feminists complaining about that. Or trying to do something about it
Notable mention for the orthodox jews, who hold similar views on women but don't really have the numbers to put their views into government outside of Israel

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Sorry, I didn't realize we were counting barbarians, kind of strange that they don't do us a favor and go directly after the crazies now that I think about it. Fair point about the orthodox jews though.

Honestly, would anyone here take a muslim fundamentalist's views on literally anything seriously? Christians at the very least have arguments and reasoning outside of "Holy text says X" to back them up on most of the political issues.

Last edited:

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
My bad. I misread and didn't notice you specified serious arguments, I assumed it was just any argument at all

But I suppose one could reason that taliban and isis extremists going "this is our argument and it is right because if you disagree we will kill you" is a serious matter. Not an intellectually serious one, but certainly one that needs to have some attention paid to it even if just to avoid it becoming a problem for normal people

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Sure, and I know Europe and the UK are having a tough time with all the hard-line muslims they let in, they're definitely a problem and probably even more pressing than alphabet people at the moment. However given the context it's not really relevant to the original topic or the statement I made, we can change topics though.

Last edited:

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
I'd just like to see them and the original topic's misandrists fight
That would be both entertaining and potentially get rid of at least some of them

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
I've never been fond of muslims, but given the trajectory of the fems and gays (helped by a certain tribal group) in recent years, I've started to form a soft spot for it.

If only the average muslim wasn't a low IQ cousin fucking inbred...

EDIT: And then of course a random Incident of Peace snaps me back to reality, fuck these desert savages.

Last edited:

SoulLess Child

Reputation score
Sorry, I didn't realize we were counting barbarians, kind of strange that they don't do us a favor and go directly after the crazies now that I think about it. Fair point about the orthodox jews though.

Honestly, would anyone here take a muslim fundamentalist's views on literally anything seriously? Christians at the very least have arguments and reasoning outside of "Holy text says X" to back them up on most of the political issues.
like their opposite, the ultra-feminists don't care about international stuff most of the time, not sure why.

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
like their opposite, the ultra-feminists don't care about international stuff most of the time, not sure why.
May be the ones who care know that things are much more dire oversea, so they are advocating for basic female rights in those countries instead (like the right not to be murdered at birth).

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Yay! Breach of the constitution finally shot down. Which is odd considering they half-cucked on

Thanks, Kavanaugh and Roberts.

Supreme court has almost made up for June having been declared the faggot month and having darkie who committed crimes and got what they deserved but we're going to whine about it holiday foisted upon it.

Last edited:

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
For those of us not in the US, it makes for decent entertainment to watch