What's new

RPG RPG Maker [IMP] Daughter of Essence - (New Content Update!)

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score
When you get to the desert town, how do you go about finding that one girls sister? i checked all over town and i never found her.

OP
IndoorMinotaur
Reputation score
When you get to the desert town, how do you go about finding that one girls sister? i checked all over town and i never found her.
There's a hidden area beneath the city, in the aqueducts. This is reached by accessing an alley in the noble district.

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Hm i went there and found the big ass bug, but never found anyone else.

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Well i found her, went in with a fresh game and its talking like i killed crows? First thing i did in the city was come here, never met a crow before.

OP
IndoorMinotaur
Reputation score
Well i found her, went in with a fresh game and its talking like i killed crows? First thing i did in the city was come here, never met a crow before.
Thank you for the note. This has been fixed for a little while in the patron version, and there's a new public version on its way this Friday.

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Just curious, but will building up your base in a certain way lead to possible game overs? Like if you dont have X Y Z built by a specific time?

OP
IndoorMinotaur
Reputation score
No game overs as a consequence of build order, but you won't be able to make every upgrade and the choices you make will have some effect on how the game ends.

OP
IndoorMinotaur
Reputation score

Major Updates: New Public Chapter!

It's been a long time coming, and it's finally arrived. Please enjoy the latest chapter of Daughter of Essence in its entirety, featuring not only a wealth of new content, but dozens of other improvements, quality of life changes, and bug fixes!

Little by little, we are getting closer to the end, my friends. I hope you're enjoying the ride.

Want to try the all new public build? Visit !

What's New?

- The main story has been extended by several hours
- Many new erotic scenes have been added
- Many new scene illustrations have been added
- Interesting and complex new areas to explore
- Many older illustrations have been revised and improved, or else replaced entirely
- New fishing and cooking content & improvements
- Item and stat balance adjustments
- New equipment options and balance
- Better organized inventory categories
- Dozens of bug fixes and typo corrections

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score
The One Ring Quest ... What alley did the ring fall into? I cant find any alleys ...

OP
IndoorMinotaur
Reputation score

New Weekly Release: v0.79!

Hi everyone, we're back with another weekly release. This has been a very polish and maintenance-heavy week on account of the fresh public release and all the feedback we've received, but we still managed to get some new content developed along the way.

In the not so distant future, there will be patches available for both the public and alpha builds. Until then, the latest weekly notes can be found below.

Version 0.79 - 4-12-2019

• Added new encounters at Lion’s Watch
  • Improved a large number of attack animations (made to feel quicker and more powerful)
  • Added new dialogue to cove residents
  • Added new items to the cove
  • Adjusted the strangers encounter (Carlisse’s)
  • Cooking fires now apply the “warm” state, making healing items more efficient for a short duration
  • Replaced 3 outdated cooking fires
  • The Earth’s March state now correctly describes the status in the help menu
  • Gore’s chance of applying Moon Poison increased from 25% to 33%, damage increased from ATK * 5 > ATK * 5.5, MP cost increased from 8 > 9
  • Fixed some enemy AI behaving strangely
  • The movable box in Bell’s cabin explains how to pull it even if you’ve already read the tip
  • Fixed a possible soft-lock on the pumpkin king quest
  • Trading mushrooms with Emiline now correctly removes them from your inventory
  • Returning the idol now correctly resolves the Curse of Esterholt quest
  • Fixed an issue where Gorstag and Corrine could be a 5th recruit in Witchdale
  • Fixed a number of typos
  • Fixed passability issues in Esterholt and Mar’Liore
  • Removed Orus from a couple of awkward cutscenes
  • Marlan's Ring can only be stolen once
  • After losing to Marlan a second time, the screen will properly fade in
  • There is new in-combat dialogue after the first time you fight Marlan
  • Marlan's stats have been tweaked very slightly, and the fight ends one round earlier
  • Fixed an NPC appearing in Shiveworth prematurely

New to the game? Try the public build or become a patron at

OP
IndoorMinotaur
Reputation score

New Release: v0.80!!!

The EIGHTIETH build of Daughter of Essence is being uploaded now, if you can believe it (not including hotfixes!)

New to the game? Want to try the public build? Want to become a patron? Visit !

This week's release is the start of our new "dragonbones" implementation, which is a system whereby we can start to animate some of our larger boss fights with a lot more flexibility. This creates much more lively encounters, and it also tends to save file space compared to the old sprite sheet method of animation.

It's a slow process and it requires a lot of learning new things, but so far I'd say it's already paying off. Beyond that, the new Hawk's Keep area has expanded quite a bit this week, and there is a huge pile of other bug-fixes and QoL improvements we've knocked out again.

This has been a productive week, as it turns out.

Version 0.80 - 4-19-2019
  • Added new areas to the Hawk’s Keep sinkhole
  • Added major new boss fight to Hawk’s Keep sinkhole
  • Added several new enemies to the Hawk’s Keep sinkhole
  • Began implementation of “Dragonbones,” animating several boss encounters
  • The “equip” animation in combat now correctly plays over the character equipping
  • Guts is no longer spinning around confused during a cutscene
  • One of Petrova’s crew mates no longer wanders away from the table during a cutscene
  • Ralph now correctly leaves the infirmary at the end of the Carvannah chapter
  • Orus’s navy and green backpacks now require the correct dye color
  • Fixed a bug where a box contained infinite wool cloth
  • Fixed a possible soft-lock when talking to the blonde harp as Marlan
  • Fixed an issue where trying to leave the mine after hitting the keeper with a shovel doesn’t play the right lines of dialogue
  • Fixed a passability issue on the bridge beneath the mine
  • Several quests now correctly resolve in the journal
  • Hallie no longer appears in the cove inn if she wasn’t rescued (RIP)
  • Player followers are now disabled starting in the finder monastery until reunited with Orus
  • Ursus Chordata is no longer a fish. It’s been changed to a cool giant crab
  • Fire Wisps are now correctly resistant to Earth magic, rather than weak to it
  • Fixed an issue where equipping Orus with a backpack caused the screen to fadeout when exiting the menu
  • Fixed a table passability issue in the cove
  • Fixed a portrait flicker when talking with Abner in the manor
  • In the initial fight with Marlan, his attack has been replaced with a skill called “Taunt,” which deals less damage & Burn is now the last status applied
  • Gin and Katarina no longer appear in Shiveworth until after Mercy is captured
  • Changed a few lines of dialogue with Abner
  • The leaf spirit in Shiveworth no longer requires the action button to trigger
  • Revised a few early choice menus to share better continuity with the rest of the game
  • Fixed a portrait flicker when boarding the ship in Shiveworth
  • Fixed a portrait not appearing correctly when returning to Ginny a second time to buy a fishing rod
  • TP required to trigger Trance state up to 150 from 100
  • Fixed some text-runoffs in Abner’s room
  • Fixed some typos in Shiveworth
  • Fixed an issue where sell shops previewed the sale as an expense rather than a gain (thanks to a member of the Discord, Lexicographer)
  • The sun chest is now visible in Esterholt before you get a Sun Key
  • The ladders/ropes of Hawk’s Keep now disable player followers while climbing
  • Tweaked the cutscene where Mercy fights the finder slightly, to try and avoid strange party follower behavior

OP
IndoorMinotaur
Reputation score

New Release: Weekly & Public Updates

Hi everyone! We've got a nice little weekly build all wrapped up and ready to go, and in addition to that, a new public release with most of recent bug fixes, quality of life upgrades, and general gameplay improvements (just without the new story content).

Both uploads are only for the newer save files, as all old-style save support was officially discontinued at version 0.79.

Want to try the public build or become a patron? Visit !

Patch notes below. Hope you enjoy!

Version 0.81 - 4-26-2019

• Added new fishing vessel area, accessible from the overworld
  • Added Hawk’s Keep burial grounds
  • Hawk’s Keep main quest now complete
  • Added new optional quests to Hawk’s Keep
  • Added all tent interiors to Hawk’s Keep
  • Added new weapons for sale at Hawk’s Keep if you work with the Grey Lions
  • Added a feature where using a skill or spell scroll Mercy already knows will refund its essence
  • Fixed a bug where speaking with June in Witchdale triggered some events as though she was recruited
  • The stone-rubbing scene at Fort Wilkes no longer repeats
  • Truman no longer mentions the mortar after returning to Witchdale later
  • The contortionist twins now correctly leave Mar'Liore after packing
  • Tweaked some lines of dialogue with Captain Bell for continuity
  • Adjusted some choice menus on Bell’s ship for continuity with later parts of the game
  • Riding in the mine cart at Hawk’s Keep now disables player followers for the duration of the ride
  • The “Berserk” skill scroll is no longer incorrectly called “Rage”
  • The quest description for “The Approaching Storm” is more specific than before
  • Attempted to fix a bug where it was possible to skip the Moon Spirit fight
  • Moon Spirit’s HP gauge is now correctly hidden
  • Ursus Chordata hide/gloves now updated to reflect the change to emperor crab
  • Rewrote some of the lines of dialogue in the early cove segments

OP
IndoorMinotaur
Reputation score

New Weekly & Alpha Releases: v0.82!

Hi everyone! It's been a busy week with a lot of in-game and out-of-game developments. We're in talks with a number of voice actors to record a prologue for us, and we're chipping away at a lot of different parts of chapter 8 which we hope you'll enjoy.

There's not a lot to say that the patch notes won't cover, but it's a fun build and we hope everyone enjoys.

Notice how they all start with "added" instead of "fixed," which is a REALLY nice change of pace.

New to the game? Try the public build or become a patron at !

Version 0.82 - 5-3-2019
  • Added new scene illustration (Mercy/Hallie pt. 3)
  • Added new NSFW scene (femdom, footjob)
  • Added Fogsborough (WIP)
  • Added northern mountain passages and east & west gates
  • Added a new, updated world map to replace the old one
  • Added new enemies to the mountain passages
  • Added ice puzzles to the game
  • Added new hidden treasures and cutscenes

OP
IndoorMinotaur
Reputation score

New Release: v0.83!

Hi folks, the latest weekly build is now live! We're still crafting the village of Fogsborough and populating it with new characters.

This little remove village is tucked away on the far west corner of Grey Clarion, and you'll have to do a little spelunking to reach it.

We've also spent a good portion of the week listening to auditions for the voice of Mercy, and we're pleased to announce that we've, at last, found what we think is the right fit. We'll have more on that subject soon, but at the very least, we're eager to bring Mercy to life for some of the important monologue parts.

New to the game? You can play the public build or become a patron at !

Until next time!

- Nym

Version 0.83 - 5-10-2019

• Implemented a new system whereby resistance determines the amount of bonus skill points earned when resisting essence
  • Populated Fogsborough with citizens and house interiors
  • Added several new items and ingredients
  • Added Franz encounter
  • Added Fogsborough Docks
  • Added Fogsborough Market
  • Guarding now increases Recovery Effect by 20%
  • Added winter Orus riding sprite
  • Mercy can now ride Orus in Fogsborough
  • Changed some of the early choice menus for better continuity
  • Fixed some typos
  • Fixed an issue where Mercy could revert to her normal sprite after leaving the monastery
  • Revised some of the early dialogue for better continuity
  • Looted or store-bought hufferpuffer pie now applies the “hearty meal” state

Legrandxav

Lurker
Reputation score
I've tested this a while ago and in one of the biggest down was the difficulty. It was hard, a little too hard for my taste...

Many upgrade later... It's still too hard... How can you accept from a game to die from one of the first ennemy you find (the tree spirit)? What is the plan with letting you fighting three f**king powerfull ennemy and then a boss (the boat) with no possibility to recover full health? COME ON! I'm not even in the cove and the game is punishing me like a schoolgirl facing a giant octopus!

At the beginning of the game, you have to choose between essences... Ok why not but why I can't use some F**king magic tied to it at the start?

Sorry for being aggressive but loosing at the start of the game (apparently the intro) don't give me the desire to continue...

[EDIT] HO COME ON!!!!! I just beat the boss on the boat by luck (no really) and now I have to fight two more enemies without having my health in full? What kind of joke is this?

Last edited:
OP
IndoorMinotaur
Reputation score
Hi there!

Sorry to hear that you are struggling. There are 3 ways you can recover your health: you can go back and sleep in your bed, use the toy given to you by your aunt or fish for food to eat. We hope that this'll make it a little easy for you.

I've tested this a while ago and in one of the biggest down was the difficulty. It was hard, a little too hard for my taste...

Many upgrade later... It's still too hard... How can you accept from a game to die from one of the first ennemy you find (the tree spirit)? What is the plan with letting you fighting three f**king powerfull ennemy and then a boss (the boat) with no possibility to recover full health? COME ON! I'm not even in the cove and the game is punishing me like a schoolgirl facing a giant octopus!

At the beginning of the game, you have to choose between essences... Ok why not but why I can't use some F**king magic tied to it at the start?

Sorry for being aggressive but loosing at the start of the game (apparently the intro) don't give me the desire to continue...

[EDIT] HO COME ON!!!!! I just beat the boss on the boat by luck (no really) and now I have to fight two more enemies without having my health in full? What kind of joke is this?

OP
IndoorMinotaur
Reputation score

New Release: Version 0.84!

Hi everyone! Not a whole lot to talk about that isn't in the patch notes except to say we're plugging along and making good progress on Ch. 8, which will most likely be the largest chapter to date.

I also implemented an oft-requested feature in the form of a stat guide, now lootable from the very moment Mercy wakes up at the manor. If you miss it the first time around, you can also get it from Beatrix's office in the dorms.

Want to try Daughter of Essence? The public build is available at ! Become a patron to access more builds!

See you next week!

- Nym

Version 0.84 - 5-17-2019

• Finished up the Franz quest line & added the second Franz encounter
  • The book Mercy wakes up next to at the beginning of the game can now be read & looted, and contains information about all the stats (can be found later in Beatrix’s room if you missed it at the beginning).
  • Gongo can be recruited to the cove as a sailor (along with his mom)
  • Added alternate routes to beginning the Franz quest
  • Added a new house interior to Fogsborough
  • Added many items to the Fogsborough maps
  • Added a variable to track optional major and minor tasks in Chapter 8. (You will be limited to a finite amount of major tasks before “time” runs out, so consider your options and split your saves!)
  • Added Fukuru and Franz to the cove
  • Expanded the scene library and added the nestmother & abigail scenes
  • Fixed some typos
  • Fixed fishing spots causing Orus to appear more than once, or else for Mercy to move at riding speeds with her normal sprite
  • Fixed a portrait issue on the ship in Mar’Liore
  • Fixed an issue where using the debug switch to enable all game scenes made Leite’s scene turn into Bell’s
  • Updated the Leviathan’s attack animations
  • Updated some cove dialogue to reflect new members
  • Fixed the battle background in Franz’s room
  • Adjusted the battle background in the frozen caverns
  • The replenishing fishing lure on the extended cove docks now has its own message instead of a message about smoothfins
  • Fixed DragonBones animated enemies having incorrectly defined sizes for being attacked/clicked on
  • When receiving the Emperor’s Gloves from Meghan, they are now correctly titled thus
  • Added new clues about Kelsie’s Revenge Quest

Legrandxav

Lurker
Reputation score
Hi there!

Sorry to hear that you are struggling. There are 3 ways you can recover your health: you can go back and sleep in your bed, use the toy given to you by your aunt or fish for food to eat. We hope that this'll make it a little easy for you.
Ok I will try it again but:
-You can't sleep in the boat once the attack start.
-I never knew the toy can help you in this way.
-If you don't find the quests for the fishing rod (like me), you can't fish.

It's the start of the game, it NEED to be easier.