What's new

Is anyone interested in a voice actress?

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Is anyone interested in a voice actress?

Thanks for the criticism, I appreciate it. I suppose I'll give up trying to do something like this for now.
Don't give up on doing something like this just because you got critique; he didn't say you were garbage tier and hopeless, he outright said you had a great voice but just needed training to use it.

Pretty much your voice is a big ass sword that smites demons, but it weighs 5000 pounds, so you can't really wield it with its true effectiveness until you train to do so.

And the only way you're gonna be able to do that is to *continue* to do voice acting so you can get better at it.

Last edited:

Yugifan3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So...record like this?
mediafire.com/watch/gcruq8ez11zxqfd/Voice_Pack.m4a
Warning! Contains my voice. And might be a bit loud. I blame Hopeyouguess62 for this. x3

Last edited:

VSPAR

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I know I am new to this, but I would definitely be interested in a voice actress if and when I get to the point I am in official release stages. I know that may be a while from now, but I really enjoyed your voice and hope that you keep doing this: these games need more quality voice actresses.
-VSPAR

CrazyPerson

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Apologies for the semi-necro, just wanted to jump in here and echo the whole
"Don't get discouraged, keep trying, we desperately need more voice around here."

Rather than just arguing for "lessons", let me try and find concrete points to tweak/improve.
Because your voice would be awesome to have in a game, once the details are out of the way.
Bear in mind that I have no experience actually working in the field,
so some of this may be blatantly wrong/inaccurate:

- Emotional range - I agree with the people who say "record different attitudes," if only to get practice shifting gears.
IMHO, it's more important to do one character in 5 emotions than 5 characters each with the same emotion.
- The samples sound a bit "soft" around the edges - if I imagine chopping up the audio and using pieces in a game,
I'm concerned they might sound like there's something missing after. Put differently, your words end in a comma, not a period.
- For many of our games, I imagine you'll need a bunch of moans / small exclamations than "real" lines.
Not to say those are not useful, but when, say, you're going to voice an RPGMaker main character, it'd sound weird to have some lines voiced but not others.
So from a practical standpoint, it seems like you'd want to voice things like combat or scenes to get the most bang for the, um, buck.
Which will still need some lines, but more of the universal "Die, bitch" or "ow, that hurt" kind.

For examples, I'd argue take some of your favorite games and just create samples for those for practice.
Since these are intended as examples/practice, they won't be used anyway, so no need to pick a game that actively needs voicing.
If you don't have any favorites that work, here's some examples that might get you started, though none of these really need long-line voicing.
All of them have demos that should contain enough "meat" to get some mileage. Click the big yellow button under the sample images to download:

But again: Please don't be discouraged, we need more good voicing, and practice and trying is the only way we're ever going to get any.