What's new

Joke's on me...

R

Ryka

Have you ever had someone play a practical joke on you? A joke played for laughs at your expense? Mostly to surprise you? Or to make you think something that isn't true?

One time, my brother saw me on the computer, posting stuff. Then suddenly... he threw a party popper near me. He scared me!

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Joke's on me...

Can't recall too many good ones played on me, but I did pull one off.

So, back story behind this first. In Afghanistan there were a few guys in my section that played "the finger game". The rules were essentially come up with creative ways to give someone the finger. Me and a friend ended up winning with the following story.

So, we took a latex glove and filled it with sand while on guard duty. We taped all the fingers down save the middle one, and the extended thumb. Problem with this is that we forgot it down in the tower when our shift ended. We thought we would have to refill another glove, but when we went back to the tower for our next shift, the glove was still there, perched on top of the machine gun and facing out into the country side. That was amusing enough, but we needed that glove, so we took it.

When we got back to the room, we put the glove in a box, with a note that said "Go fuck yourself" that we signed. We then wrapped the box in the standard paper that every package that's delivered to us gets wrapped in. I then spent half an hour copying our target section mate's deployment address, and his wife's return address, in her handwriting. We then placed the box alongside the other packages he had received whilst out at another FOB.

So, guy finally gets back, his eyes get all lit up when he sees all the packages on his bed from family back home, starts ripping into them. All kinds of goodies from home, then he gets to ours. Opens it up, sees the finger. Smile slowly fades for a moment, then he starts laughing. "Thanks guys," he mutters, then declared us the winner.

I just don't think he had the energy to come up with something to beat that.

Zelzar

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Joke's on me...

Nah, I was mostly a target of "friendly" bullying because I was an emotionally weak target.