Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
1711873920260.png
i can not promise nothing yet but i will never stop
- Pixelfactory, 2014

A new developer, Justman, has been given full permission by Pixelfactory (the developer of PiC1) to create a successor.

Description
Parasite in City is a side-scrolling, survival-horror-themed shooter, in which you must progress through several levels from start to end, fighting zombies and mutants and clearing navigational puzzles, and managing your HP, ammo and arousal throughout. Each enemy, plus several combinations, had in-game animations after being knocked down. Each level (or enemy type?) had an associated game-over animation. Presumably, PiC 2 will be the same - just with a shotgun.

Content
Monster, Zombie, Interspecies
Clothing destruction

Links
- has multiple preview animations

Pics:
1711874278236.png
(Twitter)

1711874536524.png
(Twitter)

1711874433525.png

Last edited:

Larcx

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Good news , but since it's 10 years later. I wish it has a good pixel art like Sinisistar2

Whoops~ it's a fan made well... alright

OP
Jesus

Jesus

Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
I guess? It's a new developer with an unproven track record. I'll hold my breath.
Good news , but since it's 10 years later. I wish it has a good pixel art like Sinisistar2

Whoops~ it's a fan made well... alright
It is, but it's endorsed by Pixelfactory. I'd be willing to bet he's at least supervising, if not directly contributing in some capacity. In any case, it's the only way PiC2 is reasonably going to happen, short of PF uprooting himself to escape whatever law it is preventing him from developing the game

SpectreHD

Reputation score
Very interesting. But I have always felt that Syahata's Bad Day as a spiritual successor to Parasite in City.

YooEllEmmEffu

Lurker
Reputation score
Very interesting. But I have always felt that Syahata's Bad Day as a spiritual successor to Parasite in City.
I feel Anthophobia was Syahata's inspiration but I wouldnt put it past Sourjelly to also have been inspired by PiC. H games have been around for a long time now that I think of it.

PaNiq

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I feel Anthophobia was Syahata's inspiration but I wouldnt put it past Sourjelly to also have been inspired by PiC. H games have been around for a long time now that I think of it.
Anthophobia was inspired by Parasite in City so it's a full circle

OP
Jesus

Jesus

Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Arguably they can all trace their lineage back to Linemarvel's games. Though Anthophobia was one of the first to use survival-horror conventions and mechanics - which I feel are best suited to H-games where non-con is a theme

Ricedraws

Reputation score
Wow, I saw his work on pixiv but didn't know he got permission from pixel factory himself!

Btw hi, I'm Ricedraws the guy who made this fananimation: 1712515279679.png

I've been training for quite a while trying to get to pixel factory's level of artistry and nowadays I'm mostly only separated by his skilled coloring and rendering

Unfinished work trying to make a parasite in city style girl:
attempt.png

I am really excited seeing the new rise of fanwork for this game, I look forward to see this project unfold and eventually try to make my own spiritual succesor :D!