What's new

Kalkavic

Reputation score
Hello!

I am excited to shed some light on my new intergalactic H-game currently in development!

This game is a side-scroller beat-em-up style exploration game where the main character gets stranded on a derelict space station in her meager attempt to scavenge it for riches. A brief period of solace is interrupted by breeding obsessed aliens that only want to use her for spawning their young. Will you find a way off? Or will your plans get...derailed?! eh.. bad joke.

Right now I have about 15 interactive high-res scenes that will have progress arrows just like Midnights Embrace (found on my patreon). I have some secret animations planed as well that wont involve the alien creatures. Some of the H-scenes might have 2 or more angles shown at the same time too. I will have x-rays as well but they will be able to be toggled off in the settings as well as some other features like belly inflation from egg incubation and pee/squirt animation details in case that is stuff people don't want to see. There will be a h-scene gallery that unlocks after the game is beaten in the main menu.

The scale of the sprites I will be using is about 200 pixels tall for the main character for all the gameplay aspects. This will allow me to have more data for game content and H-scenes (which will be high res images)

There will be a grab system that will scale with difficulty based on player fatigue. Game over occurs when your health drops to zero (shocking I know) But unlike most games, health will be based off number of H-scenes/damage from them. So some H-scenes will do more player damage then others. You will have plenty of health ; ) Also beating the game will unlock god mode where you can't die.

The weapon is a futuristic multitool that has a plasma cutter on one end and prybar/wrench-hammer on the other. It is mainly a melee weapon but the main character will be able to over-charge it to dispense a plasma blast that damages enemies a straight line.

There will be a map so you don't get lost. The station won't be too massive since it is a research out post specializing in biomass studies. There will be some computers to examine with info about things throughout the station too.

Controls
WASD (or) Arrow keys = Move
Space = Basic attacks
E = interact
R = Overcharge attack
P = Pause Menu
Z = toggle crouch
WASD (or) Arrow keys = Escape from grab/hold attacks
Left Mouse Button = H-scene navigation on clickable objects such as progress or reverse
Left Mouse Button = Game Menus
(Controls may change depending on needs)​

I will post more updates as they are available!

7/31/2021 UPDATE : I have begun major work now on completing the Hscenes. I have decided to have bi-monthly polls to determine how they progress. So if you are interested in influencing the game then feel free to join up on patreon and get in on the voting. Below is the current poll on the block right now. Voting for this oral scene ends next Friday (8/6/2021) and then I'll post the next poll for what happens after.
Right now Hscenes are set to be broken into 2 parts where you can go back and replay them while any fluids that were previously created still remain on the screen with visual changes during replays to make the overall scene more immersive.
Thanks for reading!
-Kalkavic.
Kalkavic poll options for Hscene.png promo_image_2.png promo_image_1.png

Last edited:
OP
Kalkavic

Kalkavic

Reputation score
Hey everyone! Just wanted to show you the first 100% complete Hscene for Deep Space Derailing ^^ I hope you all like what I have been working on!

I have all the other Hscenes drawn out and in various stages of completion, but this is the one that will be in the demo that I'll be finishing up for you all soon. It is one of the Hscenes triggered by the warrior drone creature. This guy is responsible for fertilizing the eggs but he sometimes gets confused and will fertilize any hole he can find. :D

The scenes will have differences like a larger belly or different xray depending on the state the player is in. I'm going to make the belly inflation a feature that can be toggled on and off if it is something that people don't want. I'd love to have that be an option for the start of the game so you don't have to switch it on and off all the time.

The way I am doing the Hscenes in this game unlike my other games is to have that screen display up for all the hscenes. It has a cool little animation to it that you'll see in the demo and I hope this adds to the immersion sort of like the space station cameras are picking up the action. I will be changing the button docker portion a little so it fits the perspective and so I can add more buttons. The alien will be transparent at his lower half and legs after the Hscene starts and I will have a control button for it so you can change the opacity to what ever you want (between 5 settings (0%,25%,50%,75%, and 100%)).

I'm happy with how this is coming together :) Also I attached the hi-res image for you to download because the hair doesn't look like it will in game on the preview image shown here.

Thanks everyone!

-Kalkavic

Attachments

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
Looks pretty neat
Having settings for things is generally a good idea, lets people see what they want to see

Looking forward to seeing gameplay examples (or demo) sometime, it sounds like it would be pretty good