What's new

KaRV Session Transcripts (Unedited)

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score
First Session, 30 October (part one):
<%Hope62> The tavern is crowded, but nowhere near as crowded as the streets outside. At first, there are no seats, but a table at the back corner opens up as a minor scuffle breaks out, and three dwarves are ejected by a large human in furst.
<%Hope62> *furs*
* Rathuris is now known as Anor
* Hope62 is now known as DM62
<%Loki> ((Ah, before we do. Is Aust here? I'd like to compare spell lists to make sure there's no overlap.))
* Caulder is now known as Bohzag
<%DM62> ((Sure. We can wait a little. Let me know when you're ready. Or you can shuffle into the tavern one-by-one.))
* Aurani is now known as Alice
* Alice is now known as Guest9672
<%Guest9672> (Hm, that ain't gonna work ofc...)
* Guest9672 is now known as Aurani
* Loki is now known as Duvak
<%Duvak> ((Which EXP track are we on btw?))
* Anor gave a small stretch as he entered the tavern. His breastplate and the engraved pheonix gleaming in the firelight. Despite his readily apparent nature as a warrior, his weapons starpped to his back and belt were peace tied and his bow was missing it's string. He took a seat near a empty corner.
<%DM62> ((Medium))
<Anor> (strapped*)
<%DM62> The tavern is crowded, but Anor manages to claim the back corner table, recently vacated. A harried human barmaid, plump and curvy, stops by the table, her red hair slightly damp from her busy day. "Help you?"
* Aust ([email protected]) has joined #baconroom
* Anor gave his scarred head a nod. "Just an ale lass." Handing her some coin to pay for it.
<Aust> (Sorry I's late)
<%DM62> The barmaid gives you a business-like smile, then hurries back to the kitchen. One of the dwarves at the bar leers at her, but due to his inebrated state his swipe misses her ass by yards.
<Aust> (What's exactly going on?)
* Aust ([email protected]) Quit
<%DM62> ((The party's meeting in a tavern before heading into the underground portion of the city for the signing of the peace accords. If you haven't gotten the chance yet, read the last post in the Campaign Background thread.))
<%DM62> ((And he's gone... :/ ))
* Anor shakes his head as he awaits the barmaid return.
<Anor> (Might be having issues with IRC)
<%DM62> ((Aye.))
* Gwynne ([email protected]) has joined #baconroom
<Gwynne> (It's Aust again, just posted sheet and the like)
* Retrieving #baconroom modes...
<%DM62> ((The party's meeting in a tavern before heading into the underground portion of the city for the signing of the peace accords. If you haven't gotten the chance yet, read the last post in the Campaign Background thread.))
<Bohzag> The door to the tavern swings open as a black-haired dwarf enters, stamping his feet and taking up a standing position near the hearth, his fur coat and hat covering much of his form, save for his travelling backpack and the musket hanging from a strap attached to it.
<%DM62> Immediately behind the black-haired dwarf with the musket, another dwarf enters wearing a plain robe and hood.
<%DM62> "Bohzag, I believe that armored gentleman at the corner table is another of the expedition candidates."
* Anor looks up at the new arrivals, his eyes looking them over briefly.
* Bohzag finishes warming his hands "Aye." he says, turning to walk towards the table, revealing the black eyepatch covering his left eye
<Gwynne> A moderately armored figure steps through the crowd and finally makes her way into the tavern. She makes no reservation of hiding her faith, wearing her holy symbol like a necklace and nor does she not hide behind a cloak or hood. Her most striking feature was her auburn hair. "This seems like the place...but where is the contact?"
<Gwynne> (Sorry that took so long)
* Anor extends his hand to the one eyed dwarf. "Anor. Third son and heir of the Urthal Clan."
<%DM62> The hooded figure orders ale for the group at the bar, joining the table and placing the drinks in front of the dwarves. Anor ends up with two drinks. "Gwynne, I presume?" The hooded dwarf looks in the newcomer's direction.
<%Aurani> (Come to think of it, how does a dwarven uniform look like?)
<%DM62> ((A soldier's uniform? Of Eisenberg? Grey with red trim, with rank and decorations in red and gold.))
* Bohzag extends his own hand to shake "Bohzag, second son of the Baumfaller family."
<Gwynne> "Y...Yes sir. Forgive me for being so late."
* Gwynne quickly shakes the offered hand, still a little nervous from the looks of it
<%DM62> "Please, join us. There should be two more."
<Gwynne> "Yessir."
* Anor looked to the cleric. "My lady, Hello." Offering her a hand as well. "Anor. Third son and heir of the Urthal Clan. No need to be nervious here."
* Gwynne as ordered takes one of the empty seats, leaning her mace and shield against a nearby wall, but leaving her sword on her waist.
<%Aurani> (We never properly discussed what rank Alice would be as a war vet either. :V)
<Gwynne> "Gwynne Coppereye. Loyal servant of our lady of war, Freya. Forgive me but this is the first time in a good while I've been outside my temples walls."
<%DM62> ((Depends. Did Alice ever try to become an officer, or did she stay with the enlisted ranks?))
<Gwynne> "And yes, my name makes little sense given my actual eye color."
* Gwynne shakes the other hand as well
<%Aurani> (Depends what a gunny counts as)
<Gwynne> "And as far as I can guess, I'm no heir or anything like that. I've been with the church as long as I remember"
<%DM62> ((A gunnery sergeant is a senior enlisted member, what we call a "non-commissioned officer" today.))
<%DM62> ((Let me look up an equivalent rank, real quick.))
* Bohzag takes a pipe out of his coat and fills it, lighting it with a slight poof of smoke as he touches the tobacco with the match, before inhaling gently
* Anor gave a small nod. Turning to look at the man in the robe. "Are we all here?"
<%DM62> ((Alice reached the rank of First Sergeant in the war.))
<%DM62> "Should be one more. An angry skald, if I recall correctly."
* Anor nodded. "Ah." Drinking his first ale.
<Gwynne> "A skald? Seems an interesting choice of companion for such a mission."
<%Aurani> (Why did I end up being the last one to arrive D:)
* Bohzag puffs on his pipe "I'll not argue their value in battle. Though I recommend they be kept away from the Elvish *delegation*"
<%Duvak> ((Well, technically not. Give me a moment.))
* Bohzag scoffs afterwards, looking away from the group
<%DM62> ((I assume Alice was delayed because she couldn't help kicking a few humans in the balls as she worked her way through the crowds.))
<Gwynne> "I think that could be said for most of us. Those were...interesting years for my church. So many people coming in for aid."
* Bohzag points to his eyepatch, not bothering to say anything else
* Anor gave a somber nod. "Aye, it was."
<Gwynne> "I was still learning at the time. Getting my vestments so to speak. I never saw the front. Just the wounded."
<Bohzag> "Shame, that. Might have been able to save my eye."
<%DM62> "The delegation from the Elves has already arrived. They used magic to disguise themselves as dwarves, until they reached our subterranean hold. Right now they are waiting comfortably and being allowed to sample dwarven ales."
* Anor chuckled. "They may wih to be careful or there might be a scene."
<Anor> (wish*)
<Gwynne> "I...I see."
<%DM62> "There are three of them. The emissary is an elven prince. There was also a mage of some sort, and a bodyguard/servant."
* Bohzag moves the band of the eyepatch aside, revealing a long scar leading from his eye back along his head and into his hair. "I've no sympathy for the Elves, myself. Weren't for them there'd not have been a war, or so many graves."
<%DM62> ((Is First Sergeant Alice Hirschmann ready to arrive? :3 ))
* Anor nodded. "Neither do I. But we are doing this to keep the peace and prevent more bloodshed."
<Gwynne> "I understand your hate, sir. No one enjoyed how that conflict played out. But if I may say, as a woman of faith, we can't let the anger get the better of us"
<%Aurani> A tall female dwarf marches into the tavern, stopping shortly inside the entrance before pulling out a pocketwatch and giving it a quick glance and looking bitter as she puts it away and then looking around the tavern for the party.
* Bohzag scoffs "They better keep up their end. I don't want to go home and find a bunch of knife-ears roaming free on my family's land."
<Gwynne> (Forgot to mention, Gwynne is fairly tall for a dwarf as well standing at about 4 foot 4)
<%DM62> "That's as may be, but our recent negotiations have revealed that their attack on our keep was actually retaliation. Apparently a group of dwarves ransacked one of their temples and absconded with an artifact of some value. But I believe our skald has arrived." The brown, hooded dwarf motions Alice over to the corner table, a mug of ale waiting for her there.
<Bohzag> ((4'1" here))
* Anor shook his head. "It likely wont come to that lad."
<Bohzag> "If it does you can be assured that this musket's not for show." he says, pointing a thumb at the musket resting in its holster
<Gwynne> "I hope it dosen't. Enough lives have been wasted on both sides of the isle"
<Anor> (4' 5" here.)
<Bohzag> "Well, enough besides one."
<%Aurani> (4'3" here, as tall as a femdorf can get)
<%DM62> ((So the shortest dwarf has the biggest gun? xD))
<Gwynne> (I fudged the numbers and gave myself an extra inch. Figured height wasn't critical)
* Bohzag rubs his scar gently as he puffs on his pipe
<%Duvak> Just as such an inquiry was made as to if there was another expedition member, another dwarf would enter the bar... though not quite what was expected. Rather than a singer of tales common in mead halls, the dwarf that arrived stood out like a sore thumb to some extent, but at the same time...seemed to command an air of respect and authority to some extent. That dwarf in particular would
<%Duvak> be...tall, amongst its kind, easily half a head over even the other grizzled veterans in the room. A scar across his right eye, and the signs of physical strain and training seemed to denote him as a warrior, perhaps yet another soldier. However, at the same time, their attire seemed to imply otherwise. For while they indeed wore armor, it was far more...decorated than would ever be
<%Duvak> standard in military terms, odd strands of strings, beads, silk lining, pieces of stone ornating it and making it...distinct. Additionally, the man also carried no shield to compliment their axe, which in itself...was again, odd, with odd runes of gold and silver carved into its handle here and there...ones similar to that which was carved upon a gold signet ring upon the dwarf's finger,
<%Duvak> but not quite the same.
<%DM62> "First Sergeant Hirschmann, of the Skalds of Eisenberg, and Duvak Steelkin, also of Eisenberg. Please, come join us." The brown-hooded figure motions over the shaman and the skald.
* Anor offered each newcomer a hand and introduced himself once again. "Anor. Third son and heir of the Urthal Clan"
<%Aurani> (I sortof regret RPing an armyman given I know jackshit about how such would act *-*)
<%Duvak> Regardless though, it'd be their behavior that'd make it most clear that they weren't simply more disgruntled rabble from the streets, as just as soon as the dwarf entered, a cigar held between his teeth, he'd narrow his eyes and begin looking about with an almost alarming degree of scrutiny, as if he was appraising each creature that entered his field of view...stopping only upon hearing
<%Duvak> his name mentioned. In which he gruffly approaches the group that had already gathered...far from perhaps the most friendly expression even in greeting.
* Gwynne Gwynne could not help but feel out of place amongst all the grizzled military veterans and people of war and military service and that all she accomplished in her 72 years was read scripture, heal people and provide verbal comfort to the sick. Far from the heroes she sat with.
<Gwynne> (Woops)
<%DM62> ((Generally military veterans act the same as normal people, unless they're dealing with other veterans. Then they talk about military stuff. A LOT. Because they get all nostalgiac.))
* Bohzag puffs his pipe and nods in greeting to the newcomers
<Gwynne> (I meant the name repeat. Simple mistake on my part. But it still stands Gwynne feels out of place)
<%Duvak> "...Sergant Hirschmann, Anor of Clan Urthal...Bohzag of the Baumfaller family? I take it then that I am in the right place?"
<%Aurani> Alice accompanies Duvak to the table and takes her seat.
* Anor gave a nod. "Seems that way."
<Bohzag> "Aye. We're just talking about the axes we have to grind with the Elves."
<Gwynne> "Sister Gwynne. Servant of our Lady of War, Freya. An honor to meet you both."
<Bohzag> ((Also, as a side note, Bohzag's been speaking Dwarvish this entire time.))
<%Duvak> ((Aren't we all?))
<%DM62> "You are all in precisely the right place. I am Cardinal Mengelberg, a paladin sworn to the service of Heimdall, and owing worldly allegiance to the Duchess of Axtkopf. As soon as we've finished our ales, we will head below to attend the signing of the peace accords with the elves."
<Anor> (I figured it was assumed they would be.)
<%DM62> ((Yes, this is all in Dwarven. Though we'll stick to English, because I don't speak Dwarven IRL.))
<Bohzag> ((I say so because don't want the DM to pull a trollololol language stunt >.> <.< >.> ))
<%DM62> ((I'm not THAT nerdy. :p))
<%Aurani> (So, since Duvak is also a vet, how likely is it for the two of us two know of eachother?)
* Anor gave a nod before down his remaining ale.
<Anor> (downing*)
<%DM62> ((Cardinal Mengelberg helped arranged this expedition, so of course he knows all of you, at least by name and reputation.))
<%Duvak> ((He's...not a vet actually.))
<%Duvak> ((But he carries himself like one. He 'was' an arms dealer actually.))
<%Duvak> ((Involved with the military, but not actually a part of it till recently.))
<%Aurani> (You can all see that I'm terrific at acting like a vet here, har har)
<%Duvak> Upon closer inspection, it seems that rather than again, being a proper military uniform...or attire, Duvak's outfit seems to be more a mix between both what an officer and an aristocrat might wear, Bearing odd things like, pockets and gold buttons in unusual locations, and a space from which there seems to be an endless supply of items necessary for the rather...foul, cigars the dwarf
<%Duvak> smoked. And to the greetings, his response, while not hostile is far from kind. Merely a grunt and a nod of acknowledgement.
<%DM62> The cardinal finishes of his ale and gives a hearty belch of appreciation.
<Gwynne> "I'm ready whenever you all are. Would just need to grab my equipment. I'm not one for drinking while on duty at least."
<%DM62> ((So you dress like Fidel Castro? :3 ))
* Bohzag hasn't even touched his ale this entire time, rather he's been smoking his pipe
<%Duvak> ((To some extent. XD;;))
<Gwynne> "No offense to you all of course!"
* Anor nodded to their employer. "I am ready whenever you are."
<%DM62> "Alright, please follow me." The cardinal leads the group towards the kitchen.
<%Aurani> Alice glances at the ale, scoffs and then pulls out a canteen and taking a decent sip from it.
* Bohzag nods, his pipe ceasing its smoke as he runs out of tobacco, tapping it out on the edge of an empty mug, before storing it and standing up to follow the others
* Anor raises an eyebrow at the odd route, but follows anyway.
<%Duvak> "...Peace accords." At the mention of those, there is a clear sign of...displeasure, though his actual speech would seem to imply grudging acceptance. "...Whatever must be done I suppose."
<%DM62> ((One moment))
* Gwynne grabs her gear and places her shield on her back while still holding her heavy mace in her hand. She'd follow the Cardinal without much question.
<%Duvak> ((...Eesh, I feel like the party killjoy. :X))
<%Duvak> ((Everyone else is like, "Yahh! We gonna take back our keep! :D"))
<%Duvak> ((And I'm all doom and gloom, and unhappy grunting.))
<Gwynne> (Better then the odd one out. Gwynne is just nervous to be assigned to such a high profile job.)
<%Aurani> (Alice hasn't even spoken yet. .-.)
<%Duvak> ((*Flicks a cigar at Alice*))
<Gwynne> (She ain't used to being surrounded by people of war, despite being heavily armored herself. But that was just provided by her church for safety.)
<%Aurani> Alice stands up and follows the rest of the party.
<%Aurani> (Look at all that detail)
<%DM62> The Cardinal pulls back his hood and makes a gesture to something behind the party. The red-haired barmaid is standing there with a naked blade. Recognizing the cardinal, she sheathes her blade.
<%DM62> "Friends, do not use this entry unless I am with you." The cardinal kneels and opens a trapdoor, then climbs down.
* Anor frowns and gives a nod. "Okay."
<%Aurani> (Prepare for climb checks!)
* Bohzag shifts his pack, waiting his turn to descend, trying to keep his musket pointed away from the people beneath him
<%Duvak> As the group walks out toward the kitchen, Duvak would stop mid way... seeming to reignite his cigar...somehow by cupping the end in one hand. However, as he takes a long drown out puff, the smoke would seem to form a skull...and float back towards the threat he had noticed prior. But as soon as the Cardinal addresses it, the militant dwarf would simply shrug and continue following the
<%DM62> ((It's a ladder. No check necessary.))
<%Duvak> others.
<%Aurani> (Lies!)
<%Duvak> ((Does our cleric have their prepared spells for the day decided btw?))
<Gwynne> (Yes)
* Anor proceeded down the ladder first. "So why the tunnel?"
<Gwynne> "Yes. This does seem rather roundabout."
<%Duvak> ((Can I see/compare? To make sure we're not doing anything silly like double dipping bless.))
<%DM62> The cardinal guides the group through a pitch-black tunnel. Occasionally he warns the party, "do not step here," or "duck as you pass this point." After a short time, you pass two reinforced doors. The first is labelled, "Elves." The second, "Dwarves." He produces a key and opens the dwarf door. "This tunnel gives figures of importance a direct route into the more secure areas of subterranean Axtkopf."
* Anor gave a wary glance at the elven door. "I see."
* Bohzag chuckles "Handy. At least we're making good time."
<%DM62> "I must ask that you leave your weaponry, whether magical or not, within this chamber. The elven delegation have already been similarly disarmed, as have I." The paladin gestures at a corner where an ornate greataxe rests.
* Anor nods and begins to remove his weapons and lay them next to the axe.
* Bohzag takes the musket off of the holster on his back, setting it gently against the wall off on its own, with the muzzle pointed up just in case
<%DM62> "Oh, and don't touch the door labeled "elves." Their wizard placed some kind of spell on the door, with our permission. Something about a curse and a vast demon-worm devouring people. Catyrpelus, I think."
<Gwynne> "Fair enough, sir." Gwynne made no objection as she left her mace, shield and sword with the axe. "Seems a rather extravagant curse to put on a door"
<Bohzag> "You've not seen how thorough they are on the battlefield."
<%Aurani> Alice does as commanded and places her greataxe on the table along with her backpack.
* %Duvak raises an eyebrow at this, as if...amused even at the notion that simply removing his axe would prevent him from slaughering the elves as they had done the dwarves at the keep. However, with a shurg, he then gingerly unholsters the unwieldy axe and lays it there... instead, taking a moment to "crack" gauntleted hands.
<Gwynne> "And I'd rather leave it like that, thank you. I'm trying not to think about that."
<%Aurani> (Brb 2min)
<%Duvak> "...If the elves believe that simply taking away our axes will stop their spines from snapping at the first instance of treachery... well, then perhaps they are in need of...enlightenment."
<Bohzag> "I'm all for killin' 'em, but that's a decision we're not meant to make."
<%DM62> "I trust that you will all keep your heads around the elves. I can respect your hatred after this bloody war, but this peace is vital, if the dwarven people are to recover. Although, obviously, if they do attempt some manner of villainy here, they will not survive the attempt."
* Anor gave a nod at the paladin's words.
<Gwynne> "Father, if I may be so bold, I think it would be best to allow me to speak with you if you need assistance. Calmer minds and voices need to be front and center today."
* Gwynne said with no hesitation or reservation, seeing and hearing the words of her zealous companions
<%DM62> "I appreciate the offer, but even I will say little in this meeting. Our Duke and Duchess of Eisenberg and Axtkopf will be doing most of the talking. And the human representative, Lord Darby."
<%Duvak> "...Of course. I am here today to see to it, that sufficient time for the Dwarven people to grow once again is attained. I will lower my head as necessary for now... "
<Gwynne> "Forgive me. I was not aware the lords and lady would be present for the negotiations. I was believed that you'd be speaking. Forgive my ignorance."

OP
Hopeyouguess62

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: KaRV Session Transcripts (Unedited)

First Session, 30 October (part two):
* Bohzag nods, crossing his arms and waiting for the others to finish talking
* Anor nods. "Shall we?"
<%DM62> The cardinal smiles. "There is nothing to forgive. In this matter, I am merely a bishop. And we shall, yes." The cardinal securely locks the door once the party leaves the holding room, then leads the party through a set of intersections.
* @Keats ([email protected]) Quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
<%Aurani> (Well that was a bit longer than 2min...)
* Anor follows along quietly.
* Bohzag follows, stroking his beard in thought
* Gwynne also holds her tongue as well, instead playing with the holy symbol around her neck
<%DM62> The party enters a large, empty council chamber. The banners of several major and minor dwarven families hang around the circular chamber. In the center are six chairs, arranged in two rows of three, facing each other. There are several chairs set up to the side, as well. The cardinal murmurs a few words to a guard, who leads the group to the side chairs. In one of the rows of chairs, a human, a female dwarf, and a male dwarf are having a spirited discussion. The human is clearly agitated.
<%Aurani> Alice steadily marches after the rest, pulling out her canteen again and taking another sip before putting it away again.
* %Duvak takes another draught from his cigar... but then suddenly clicks his tongue as a strange... lizard-like creature crawls out from one of his pockets, onto his shoulder... a pale green, strange reptilian thing, that is just a bit hard to put one's finger on. Though it seems friendly enough!...If not for the fact it's fangs dripped green stuff every now and then.
* Bohzag claims a chair, hefting one leg up to rest on the other knee
* Gwynne takes a side seat as well, being respectful towards the arrival of the nobility. Hardly the place of a woman of the cloth to interrupt such people
* Anor moves over to sit down in one of the chairs off to the side. Interested to see what happens next.
<%DM62> "...forgive me, your Graces, but I cannot accept that the Heroine of the Siege of Easterleigh is or ever was a coward! She proved her worth in battle, before our eyes, as she laid waste to the beseiging elven army! The Council of Easterleigh will not take this news well!" The human protests.
* %Duvak however doesn't seem to pay mind to the lizard too much after that, and ops to take a seat as far as is proper for well... aristocrat esque individuals, without actually being nobility.
<%DM62> The dwarven female, sitting in the center chair of the row, turns to face the human. "I agree with your Excellence in this matter, Lord Darby, but it is not my decision to make. The people of Axtkopf would surely have fallen to elven blades, were it not for the general's sound judgement in this matter."
<%DM62> The male dwarf stands, his rage barely contained and his face red. "I am the DUKE of EISENBERG. I will not have you, or you, or ANY of you question the appointments and dismissals within my sovereign realm. The general has been dismissed from my service and my family, following her cowardly behavior. My councilors and I are in agreement--she lost this war for us."
<%Aurani> Alice takes her seat after sending a salute towards her Duke, whether he is looking or not.
<%Aurani> (Yes I am late to the party)
<%DM62> The argument is interrupted as the cardinal moves forward. "Your Graces and Your Excellency, this is the expeditionary force, come to witness the signing of the peace accords. Ah, and the elves are arriving, as well." The Duke of Eisenberg gives a curt nod to Alice, acknowledging the veteran.
* Gwynne could not stand to see such bickering among what was suppose to be friends, but she was afraid to speak up as well. She wasn't sure the words of a simple cleric would sway them
* Bohzag maintains his seat, his one good eye fixed on the Duke
<%DM62> Three white-robed figures enter. As with all the elves, their garb covers every part of their body except for the eyes. ((You have only seen dead elves unhooded.))
* Anor stands to give the delegation a small bow.
* %Duvak silently nods at this statement, giving a brief glance of approval at the Duke, as he procures yet another cigar...a fresh one for the meeting, cupping the end with a hand as sparks from...somewhere seem to cause it to light. However that brief pleasant "mood" seems to fade as his eyes are then focused completely on the elves.
* Bohzag tries his best to smile at the delegation, not bothering to stand
<%DM62> The three elves come to stand before the opposite three chairs, and the dwarven duchess and human lord rise to stand beside the duke. The six give slight bows. The elves remove their hoods, revealing smooth, pale faces draped by white hair.
* Gwynne Gwynne provides a simple nod and a quick prayer, wishing the delegation well and that they speak in wisdom instead of anger. All this was done in celestial, so that her god could better hear her.
<Gwynne> (Dangit. Did it again)
<Gwynne> :p
<%DM62> The figure in the center wears a small silver circlet on his brow, and stands six inches taller than the others. His left ear, however, is disfigured in a way that suggests a musket blast.
<%DM62> It has healed, but with major scarring.
* Bohzag uncrosses his arms, his jaw seeming to hang open like a bear trap
<%DM62> The figure in the center and the one on the right wear bright metal armor, mithral-make. The one on the left, closest to the party, wears only a white robe.
* Anor frowns as he notices the elf's mangled ear. Hoping that it wasn't Bohzag who did it.
* Bohzag rises slowly to his feet, his left hand pressing againt the scar on the side of his head, as his expression hardens into one of anger
<%DM62> The center elf murmurs a few words in elven to the armored elf on the right. The elf on the right has handsome, rugged features and a streak of black hair in with the white. The right-hand elf nods and speaks in broken Dwarven.
* %Duvak takes another draught of his cigar...taking care to not let...too much displeasure show with regard to the presence of the elves. Though he can't help but..."clack" the metallic joints of his gauntlet over and over again.
<%DM62> "Greetings. May I... present... the Crown Prince, Jahanyar Mahijarani, the fleet-footed and eagle-eyed. He conveys his greeting to Your... ((stumbling over the Dwarven tongue)) Your Graces and Your Excellence."
<%Aurani> Alice takes a quick glance towards the elves and tries her best to maintain her composure, taking note of Bohzag's behavior.
<Anor> (Brb. Feel free to continue without me.)
* Gwynne made a few quick glances over to her companions, noting the different reactions to the elves. Bohzag seemed somewhat nervous and angry and Duvak was hiding his displeasure. All and all, the air was tense. Her party alone was very on edge. But she remained strong. She had to
<%DM62> The Cardinal, bowing, moves to stand closer to the party and out of the negotiation.
<%DM62> The Duchess responds to the delegation in Elven, with apparent difficulty.
* Bohzag has his right hand clenched into what one would assume a very tight fist as he stares daggers at the elf with the missing ear
<%Aurani> Alice pays close attention to the conversation, despite it being partially in elven.
* %Duvak opts to mask a...less than pleasant comment with another puff of smoke, "...It would be easier for all parties if they simply spoke in the common tongue..."
<%DM62> The negotiations are a mere formality. The elves thank the dwarves for the return of a sacred relic (in Dwarven). The duchess thanks the elves for the return of prisoners of war (in Elven, but the Cardinal translates for the party in a hushed tone). The elves explain that they have vacated the Keep and the Red Valley, and offer them to the dwarves as a token of peace between the dwarves, the humans, and the elves (In Dwarven, with substantial difficulty). The duchess thanks the elves and points out the expeditionary party to the elves (in Elven).
<%DM62> The Elven prince notes the standing Bohzag, and for his composure breaks for a split second, as he is surprised. He recovers quickly, returning to an impassive expression. He says a few words to his translator.
<Anor> (Back.)
<%DM62> The translator turns to the duchess, indicating Bohzag. "Who is this dwarf that... regards... his Highness with such... hate?"
<%DM62> The Duchess of Axtkopf looks at Bohzag, then answers the elf in Dwarven.. "Please tell his Highness that the gentleman here is a veteran of the bloody war between us, and one who still bears its scars."
* Bohzag growls, before reaching up and flipping up his eyepatch, to reveal the empty socket and scar along his head for the prince to see, before lowering it back and taking his seat
<%DM62> "His name is Bohzag Baumfaller."
<%DM62> The translator and prince exchange words in what seems to be a rather serious discussion for a few moments.
<%DM62> The translator addresses Bohzag directly. "The prince wishes you to know that he regards you as a worthy opponent in war and one who could be a honorable friend in peace. However, as a warrior, he wishes to recognize your right to satisfy your honor in blood, if peace will not satisfy you."
<%Aurani> Alice silently gives a small chuckle after hearing the Elven conversation.
* Bohzag crosses his arms, looking at the translator, then at the prince, then at the Duchess, then back to the prince. "I will not do anything that might jeopardize this peace. I would sooner see my honor lost to me, than see another war." he speaks in Dwarvish
<Gwynne> Gwynne could see the raising tension in the air and was growing more nervous by the minute. Thankfully, cooler heads prevailed and she would keep silent
* Anor nods upon hearing Bohzag's words. Happy that the other dwarf was able to about the people who would be harmed had he fought the prince.
<%DM62> The translator nods, translating for the prince, than says, "The Prince commends you on your duty." The negotiations resume briefly with pleasantaries and much bowing. After a short time, the elven delegation bows again and dons their hoods. They are ushered out by respectful dwarven guards. The dwarven nobles and human lord slump into their seats.
* Bohzag slumps back in his seat, sighing
<%DM62> The Duke regards the party. "We have commissioned you five admirable dwarves to travel to the keep, and ascertain that the elves have indeed left. Following the successful occupation of the keep, you will each receive a sum of two-thousand gold pieces from our joint war treasury. Do any of you have questions regarding this mission?"
<Bohzag> "Aye. Are there any indigenous races that live in the area? Goblins, orcs, Giants?"
* Anor gave a nod. "Yes. Should the keep be occupied by elves, what would you have us do?"
<%DM62> "Yes. The hills are known to have orcs, gnolls, goblins, hobgoblins, even bugbears and trolls. Further west, in the marsh, are lizardfolk, though we have not known them to be hostile."
<%DM62> "And should the elves still hold the fort... then you'd better come back here. I doubt the five of you could lay siege properly, though I've no doubts as to your efficiency in combat."
* Anor nods. Anything you can tell us of the keep? Any maps of it and, or the area?"
<Gwynne> "No we couldn't. But after holding up our end, it would be hypocritical for them not to hold up theirs. I doubt they would want their image tarnished further."
<%Duvak> ((Back, sorry.))
<%DM62> "Actually, Duvak is probably our best expert on the keep. He IS a former resident."
* %Duvak would nod at this, grinding out the cigar now that the...elves are gone. "Indeed, the keep was once my home, as well as that of many others. However... that was before the war started. What's become of it now that it's been in the hands of pale skinned heathens... well. That's to be seen."
* Anor nodded. "Ah. Still, anything we should be aware of or look out for?"
<%DM62> The duchess speaks up, "We suspect that the elves have taken decent care of the keep during their occupation of it, at least if the reports from the... former general... are to be believed."
* Anor looked dubious. "You don't sound so sure of the general's reports?"
<%DM62> "Keep an eye out for anything and anyone. Our economy has suffered through this war, and renewed trade along the White River is vital. As for the former general, I believe firmly in her quality. But you could hear for yourselves that my opinion could not save her career or honor." The duchess shoots the duke a sharp glance, which he returns with a growl.
<Bohzag> "Shame that. If she hadn't retreated we might not even be here today."
* Anor gave a small nod. "Alright." He looked at his future companions to see if they had any questions.
<Gwynne> "Well, you have faith in her and thats the least she can ask for. But until we see it for ourselves, we can't be certain of anything."
* Bohzag speaks rather matter-of-factly, showing just how little he cared for the Duke's opinions on the general
<%Duvak> "I wonder that. If circumstance had dictated that five thousand dwarves were the difference between total conquest and our...surrender, then it'd be the other way around."
<Gwynne> "What's done is done. Can we please move on to something else? You'll have time to play strategist when we actually get to the fort."
<%DM62> The duke reddens a little more, but he takes a breath. "Oh, and there is one more thing: we are sending another dwarf with you. Morna Lauer, step forth." A blonde-haired dwarven woman, dressed in rich but drab fabrics, steps in from the edges of the chamber where she was hidden in the shadows.
* %Duvak picks himself up from his chair, taking a moment to straighten his...regalia, as it were to stand. "Fair enough. I simply saw the need to correct...common misconceptions held by sympathizers and compromisers."
* Anor gives the new arrival a careful looking over. Seeing what use she might offer to them as a whole.
<Gwynne> "May i be so bold as to ask what our new companion is being brought on board for?
* Bohzag eyes the woman up and down, his right eyebrow raising questioningly
<%DM62> The duke continues. "Morna is a talented individual who happens to be an expert on stonecrafting. She will accompany you in your expedition, then return to the duchess with requisitions. The elves may have maintained things, but they are NOT dwarven stonecutters. And, apologies to your Excellency, but we will want to bring this structure up to dwarven building standards."
* Anor nods. "I take it we are to esxort her back as well?"
<Anor> (escort*)
<%DM62> "Shouldn't be necessary. We'll need you to hold the fort. A small team of dwarves will follow a few days behind you, and they will accompany Morna back to Axtkopf."
* Anor nods to the paladin. "Alright."
<%DM62> ((Cardinal Mengelberg is a paladin. The Duke is actually a stalker, if the stories are true.))
<%Duvak> Finishing his...appraisal of the woman, and the reasoning behind her presence, the militaristic dwarf nods in approval surprisingly enough. "...A sound decision indeed. Better yet, we can make the structure less scalable by...trespassers. And perhaps avoid having our balistas capable of being pivoted towards our own people, with a skilled enough sister of stone. That would be preferable to
<%Duvak> say the least."
<%Duvak> ((*can even))
<%Duvak> "...But more on that once we actually arrive."
<%DM62> "That was our thinking, as well. Plus, we eventually mean to install proper dwarven bombards at some point."
<Gwynne> "All well and good then."
* Anor nods to the pair. "Will we be returning to the tavern?"
* Bohzag smirks at the mention of bombards
<%DM62> The cardinal speaks, "Well. If there's nothing else, let's retrieve our equipment and then I will see you six out by the same way we entered. Be careful whom you speak to in Axtkopf--not all of our residents are happy with the peace."
* cinless ([email protected]) Quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
* Anor simply shook his head.
* Bohzag nods his head at the cardinal, rather eager to get his gun back
* Gwynne too nodded and stood herself up, still gripping her holy symbol
<%DM62> After all the pleasantries and bowing associated with nobility, the group heads back through the tunnels the same way, retrieving their equipment along the route. The "elves" door has already been opened when the party arrives. As before, the cardinal warns the party of the various traps in the tunnel, though they seem to have moved somewhat. "Duck here." "Don't step there."
<%DM62> The group emerges in the tavern, with the cardinal leading the way. Once again, he gestures to the red-haired, buxom barmaid, who once again sheathes her blade.
<%Aurani> (I'm almost nodding off on my keyboard here x_x)
* Anor follows along quietly, hoping his companion hasn't hurt anyone. Looking to the others curiously. "Ready to leave now?"
<%DM62> ((Sorry. We're just about to the woods. Too much exposition? :/ ))
* Bohzag nods, after claiming his musket once more and ensuring nobody had touched it in his absence
* Gwynne grabbing her gear and putting each piece in the proper place, Gwynne would nod at Anor
<Gwynne> "ready as I'll ever be
<%DM62> A rather bellicose dwarf is ranting about the elves, tears running down his scarred face. The skald recognizes the traumatized dwarf as a war veteran.
<%Aurani> (Nah, I didn't get much sleep)
<%Aurani> Alice dons her backpack and gently picks up her greataxe, a small smirk briefly on her face.
<%DM62> A burly human moves to eject the screaming dwarf from the bar by way of the back alley. A small scuffle ensues, and the dwarf stumbles into Duvak's arms, reeking of cheap spirits.
* Anor starts towards the tavern door. Hoping a fight doesn't break out in the common room.
<%DM62> The human apologizes to Duvak, then grabs the dwarf and tosses him unceremoniously out the back door.
<Gwynne> "LEts see....pack...shield...mace...sword...Yup everything here." Gwynne was busy reciting her checklist as the scuffle began but it thankfully ended quickly.
<%DM62> ((I take it the party is leaving the tavern? Front door or back alley?))
<Bohzag> ((I vote front door.))
<Anor> (Front door.)
* %Duvak stops for a moment as the dwarf is thrown into him, not seeming phased by the impact, but rather just catching the poor drunken fool and setting him straight... However, his mouth quickly curls into a frown as something's picked up from the...babble. Enough so that after shooting a glare at the human that threw the dwarf out of the tavern, he pulls out another cigar to use as a cover
* %Duvak while making a comment on what he had heard. "...The word of a drunkard is...interesting at times. Occasionally, enough truth comes out from ale induced hallucinations, that it's best for weapons to be kept sharp or readied."
<%Duvak> ((...Back door.))
<Gwynne> (front just so we don't have a tie on our hands)
<%DM62> Morna frowns at Duvak. "The drunkard spoke to you?"
<%Aurani> (Gonna have to back door here)
<%Duvak> "...If you could call it that. Yes."
<%DM62> Morna glances out the back door. "Well, he's not there anymore."
* %Duvak takes a long draught... puffing out smoke which takes the shape of a bird. "A drunkard who's able to hobble away quickly... Was he simply a veteran drunk on the past? Or has he visited the keep recently?... We'll see I suppose. "
<%DM62> ((So... front door? These dwarves are VERY democratic. :3 ))
<%Duvak> The smoke of the bird then changes...as what appears to be a mountain cat of some sorts in the smoke pounces on it, and tears it apart before the smoke fades altogether.
<Anor> (Anor is going out the front door regardless.:p)
<%DM62> Morna follows Anor out.
<%Duvak> "...Either way, united, no Dwarf needs fear any foe."
* Bohzag scoffs
<Gwynne> (brb. Just assume I follow)
<Bohzag> "There's only one foe I fear. And I stared him down in that chamber."
<%DM62> The crowd in the streets is thinner than it was before, as some have come to the realization that the elves may or may not be seen. Rumors abound about the elves and their foul practices of incest and making feasts out of dwarven babies. Utter nonsense, but commonly bandied about as fact over ale.
* Anor approaches an equally as ugually, but large and muscular horse. The horse is wearing padded leather and chainmail armour. The padding hangs to his knees and is black with a white pheonix on the side in plain view. Anor shook his head as the horse grunted. "I know I took to long. Here, to make it up to you." Giving the horse a small honey candy which thea
<%DM62> Morna grins at Bohzag. "I speak a little elven. Their darling prince wanted to fight you, but his translator talked him out of it. Duty, and whatnot."
<%Duvak> "...There is much you could learn from our ancestors Bohzag. But that is what I am here to offer to this force, so fear not."
* Bohzag laughs as he walks. "I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be comforted or angry that we both think alike."
<Anor> the horse ate after a hurumph.
<%DM62> "I think you should both feel stupid, because you both care WAY too much about honor." The dwarven woman laughs.
<Bohzag> "Honor's about all I have left besides my family. And I'm not cut out for logging."
<%DM62> ((How are we doing on characters? Is everyone at 100% or are we still finishing up spells, equipment, and whatnot?))
<%Aurani> (I'm still not 100% certain on my mundane stuff)
* Anor smiles at the three dwarves. "Honour is important to us as both warriors and dwarves Morna." Hopping up onto the brutish horse with ease. Odly enough, the horse seems to be lacking both a bit and a bridle, and is lacking in any sort of reins. "
<%Duvak> ((Just items left to do.))
<Anor> (100%)
<%Duvak> ((I'm starting ot run out of juice though.))
<Bohzag> ((100%))
<%DM62> ((Tell you what, let's break for now. Aurani's ready to pass out, and we're about to enter the wilds. Question: Would anyone object to moving our start time to an hour earlier? 1800 GMT?))
<Bohzag> ((I have no objections.))
<Anor> (Nope, not at all.)
* DM62 is now known as Hope62

OP
Hopeyouguess62

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: KaRV Session Transcripts (Unedited)

Between Sessions:
The crowds have thinned considerably--the word has spread that sightings of the elven delegation are unlikely to occur. As the party leaves the Flat-Footed Fool, a chilly breeze sweeps through the wet streets. The skies are gray overhead, and drizzling rain falls steadily. Dark clouds hang ominously to the North, threatening to make this journey a rather dismal one. Morna pauses to don a poncho. "Did everyone bring gear for rain? Sleet? Snow? This is our last chance to shop for a while, I think."
Make sure you finish equipping your character with mundane gear before next session.