What's new

ACT [キツネマフラー] SUCCUBUS ADVENTURE (RJ230951)

LordHorst

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

There were no tags, so I hope there isn't any loli inside the game.

Came out yesterday out of the blue, I took a look at it after it appeared on the usual cat websites. There is no trial and not much explanation of what is going on.

Appearently this game highly empathizes in searching to progress. As I've archieved pretty nothing yet, there is nothing I can help you with as of now.
From the first looks it looks quite... rough. The moment you start the game there is not much hand-holding or tutorials. Neither an Intro. The only clue I found was within the .txt file in the game's location. It takes a bit of time to start, so patience is advised.

To spare you the searching for key inputs, here is the rundown on them.
W A S D - Movement Keys
Shift - Dashing / Running
F - Menu for Saving, changing equipment, options and things
Esc - Quit the Game (Be careful with this, it causes the game to not respond to Key inputs on a high chance making you restart the game)
Clicking - Searching the Area in front of you / Entering Buildings

Combat is quite a Gamble in the beginning. Monsters often use abilitys to render you immobile, more or less meaning you're dead unless you're lucky enough to escape that before that happens, so save often. You can buy Armors from the Shops scattered around the first two accessable Areas which give better stats and some changing your appearence.
Occasionally you can get stuck at locations, like the Graveyard's Basement. There is some text which should start a battle but ends in a black screen. Saving and reloading fixes that. Also in the Prison (I think it is one) the exit is a bit out of place. You need to leave the building by moving slightly up while clicking until you hear the sound.

There was only one H-Scene so far involving the Bondage Armor inside the Prison.
Maybe someone has more luck with finding out what is going on in this game. So far I've leveled up to level 30 (it's pretty easy once the Monsters become one-hit victims) and grinding some Money for Gear.

dood

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Sadly this game really does play like shovel ware. No direction, no real level design. Enemies are a joke. etc

OP
L

LordHorst

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Nevermind, I progressed a lot (compared to how much I did before). This game lacks directions and sometimes there are Exits which just look like the end of the Map. Also it still likes to crash very often on random occasions so keep saving to not lose too much progress.

I've found the Green haired girl and made it somehow to the third pretty big-chested girl which was a nuisance to beat. Took me some times but I defeated her somehow. Sadly the game froze after the battle after two tries which might be a bug that needs patching before progress is possible.

Also found two more H-Scenes with the green haired girl one including her Nun outfit. Theory is you need to buy every costume/armor you can find which alters the appearence and talk with everything in order to get them.

For other possible interested readers, the way to the green haired girl is simply running north on the starter map.
- On the most north point is a house with a sign in front of it. Move North-East from there. As already mentioned it's a plain looking dead end, just run towards it and it should teleport you to another Map.
- Go roughly North-East with a little more focus on North and you should start seeing something else than the empty looking map.
Going up is a Ghost which indicates the Boss. She is pretty strong with hits around 50 damage per Round. Either beat those monsters until you can afford the costly Sword in the House back on the first map or Level West of the City which inhabits stronger Monsters. Spam the first Skill in the top left as it seems to stun(?) monsters. When you notice her not doing anything just hit her until she either dies or the effect wears off. Rinse and repeat and she joins her with Level 39, iirc. That's also the recommended Level to beat her.

To get to the Map with stronger monsters just go back to the House and go North on the West side of the House. Then make your way through the City by moving West on the southern part of the City Map. A bit more north is the mentioned Graveyard which has nothing than a bugged encounter underground mentioned in the first post. The City feels like a maze, so you might get lost often.

dood

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
I pray for you man. I can't believe you're still playing this game.

OP
L

LordHorst

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Update came out yesterday
  • 2018年08月19日 誤字脱字修正不具合修正 一部OSでトーク時にフリーズするバグを修正
    アイテムの購入金額を一部修正(設定金額については前回と変更なし)
Google Translate:
August 19, 2018
Correction of misspellings for misspellings
Fixed a bug that some OS freezes at talk time
Partly modified purchase amount of item (For the set price, last time and no change)

Hope is renewed to finally finish this :D I like the Art so I'm pretty interested how it continues.
Just no Links yet.

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score
This game seems awful, from what little I played so far. You can't interact with most objects in the world because you need to click one precise pixel to even open doors, by the looks of it. Am I doing something wrong or is the game just this terrible? Don't even know how to restore health, can't use the bed in the home of the protagonist. Are the scenes at least worth it or is this game just a broken mess?

OP
L

LordHorst

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
This game seems awful, from what little I played so far. You can't interact with most objects in the world because you need to click one precise pixel to even open doors, by the looks of it. Am I doing something wrong or is the game just this terrible? Don't even know how to restore health, can't use the bed in the home of the protagonist. Are the scenes at least worth it or is this game just a broken mess?
Broken mess. There are some NPC and Areas not accessable because the game freezes upon the dialogue box being opened which was supposedly fixed in the patch.

Like i wrote before it even happens when defeating the third girl who is supposed to join you afterwards.
3 scenes so far, no battle rape or GoR so it's really lacking unless I miss something obvious. The only thing I've found are various costumes or status effects changing the stance in battle.

If there's nothing happening soon I can assume that interest in the patch is not high enough for anyone to bother uploading it to the cat. It might be two days as of now but meh, I would understand at least.

YuriTenshi

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Is this game yuri, vanilla, futa, etc? I can't really tell from the screenshots it gives. :/

OP
L

LordHorst

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
It advertises itself with 265 illustrations. So far I've found only 3 scenes which were mostly rape.
The lack of tags is what made me wonder too.

Can't give you a more satisfying answer after this game is still a mess. Patch is out but seemingly with low interest.

nnescio

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Unity kusoge. Awful game balance, awful UI, unintuitive controls, blurry artifacted CGs, terrible composition of CGs (top part of the head or sides of the body gets cut off), absolutely SHIT level design with awful loading times and a practically nonexistent plot with no player direction provided whatsoever.

You control the character's movements with WASD keys. WASD keys, for some odd reason, in a top-down RPG game, which makes it awkward when you want to dash (with left SHIFT). The default interaction key is LMB left click, for some weird reason. The mouse can be used to navigate menus, but outside of combat hitting LMB is basically just similar to hitting Z in RPGMaker or WolfRPG games -- whatever you interact with is solely dependent on your character's position and position, and has nothing to do with where your mouse cursor is positioned. This is unintuitive as fuck.

You can remap some of the keys in the config section of the startup menu (but not within the game itself), but the names of the key functions are, AGAIN, unintuitive, and not all keys can be remapped. So, for example, you can only remap the up and right movement keys (IIRC, it was basically two of the movement directions) but not the other cardinal directions, so you're still stuck using half of WASD no matter what you change the controls to. Hope you know how to write macros to rebind your keys!

Interacting with objects and characters is a total PITA, since you need almost pixel-perfect positioning and precise facing. To make it worse, most characters move around the map, and they move diagonally very often, making it hard to orient your character properly to talk to them. And since the game provides zero directions and requires you to basically talk to every NPC to find any scrap of plot hooks to move forward, you're forced to do this quite often.

Opening doors and interacting with other static objects are a bit easier, but a lot of things have weird 'hitboxes' so you're forced to spam LMB around their vicinity until they activate. Some map exits are the worse of the bunch -- you need to hit LMB, like, 1/8 of the way down a doorway, instead of all the way down (where it would make intuitive sense).

This is all aggravated by the absolutely SHIT level design, where you can't tell where the exits are positioned on the map (80% of them look like some dead end cul-de-sac), and you won't even know which direction to go in search of those exits anyway, because they are usually no roads or pathways or anything. So, have fun searching the whole map, for almost every single map you have to go through.

I mean, sure, the map sizes are realistic, and the game doesn't slow down even with so many entities and tiles on screen, but the loading speed is absolutely horrendous. I suspect no caching is done at all, really. This is even worse in towns, where you have to frequently enter and exit houses to, once again, talk to every single goddammned NPC to get some kind of plot hook (see a running theme?) just so you'd know how to move forward. Have fun waiting for the map to load.

(Even more aggravating, you can see the insides of other houses in indoor maps which you can't reach, so it seems like the dev just put all the interior maps [of a town] in one big map, making loading times even worse. Unnecessarily.)

Menus are also bad. Shop menus particularly so, since they don't display how much an item is supposed to cost.

The author does advertise the game as being an exploration-type sandbox that requires searching to progress, but seriously I think it's just a case of "can't be arsed to put in effort into sensical level/plot design and adequate signposting for the player, we need to ship this out right now" . Imagine playing a version of Skyrim where you aren't told what your powers are and you need to talk to every single NPC in town (after starting and getting lost in a wide field with no idea which direction to go) until Random Guard 8c mentions "some disturbances in the forest to the east". That's how frustrating it is. And the UI's worse.

And there's a shit ton of bugs all over the place. Game-breaking ones too, quite often (that hard-lock the game and forces you to end-task and restart it). Which makes exploration even less fun to do. Some of the text are also confusing with typos and weird grammar (making it harder to understand the cryptic hints), so really, maybe they don't bother to do spellchecking, or maybe this is some Taiwanese dev making a Japanese game (I'm beginning to suspect this, after looking through their website).

You don't need to click one precise pixel, oh no, it's even worse. Where your cursor's positioned don't matter at all. Instead your character needs to stand at the correct precise pixel (okay, exaggerating, but it's still a tiny area) and be facing the right direction, then you press click (anywhere on screen).

Last edited:

NewGuy

Reputation score
So the only question left is, how easy is it to rip the art out to make a gallery?
If nobody wants to play it (after fifteen minutes I sure as hell don't) that's pretty much the only way to salvage anything useful from this game.