What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker [Kolren] Edge - First Season - Episoide One [Public 07/09/19]

Kolren

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

About the Game

Edge is an H-RPG made with RPG Maker MV. The history is structured in episodes, with the entire game making for an entire season. Each episode is planned to be a, mostly, self-contained part of the overall history. This method of telling the game's story was chosen with the lessons I've learned from Domination Quest's development, so we can focus all our efforts into individual spots of the game instead of having to spread it through a project far too big for me to properly work on. Each episode is expected to not be much more than a couple hours long.
The game's main themes are centered around adventure and comedy, going for our Light Line of games. There'll also be two versions of the game, one that'll be the default one here on Patreon and one with a patch that includes things some might find too sensitive available through the development blog.

Story

Edge was a skilled adventurer that had great potential in maybe becoming one of the biggest heroes in the world. Was. After a seemingly simple mission, he decided to retire and has been living in the capital with a woman called Milly, spending his days fooling around and having sex with his pink-haired housemate. But when a series of unfortunate events causes famine in the region where Milly's farms are located he sees himself in need of finding a temporary job while she works to fix the situation. And so he decides to join the city's guard.
But between his new responsibilities and frequent spats with his new partner Ashley the soldier of the Breu Kingdom start to make their move against the kingdom's defenses. And so the ex-adventurer starts to re-polish his skills and work his way back into the bigger picture of the kingdom.

Game's Details

Engine: RPG Maker MV
Plugins: Yanfly Engine
Writer & Eventer: Kolren
Enemy Art: Ækashics Librarium
Character & Scene Art: ArgentaNoah
Maps: One-Eye & Mars
Platform: Windows

Controls

Direction Arrows: Movement/Menu Selection
Z: Action
X: Cancel

Screenshots
Disclaimer: These images are only for preview purposes, some details and places might look different upon release.

Release Notes
And after quite some time of working and playtesting as much as I could, the first episode of Edge is finally here. Now, for a disclaimer: due to how the picture galley works saves from the demo aren't fully compatible with the full episode. You should be able to play fine, but won't be able to unlock new art in the gallery.
The full chapter features:
  • 3 Main Quests;
  • 2 Side Quests;
  • 3 Location with it's sub-locations;
  • 3 H-Scenes illustrated;
  • 1 and a half-hour of expected playtime for full completion.
Changes form the demo:
  • Fixed many typing errors;
  • Fixed a few map errors with chimneys not appearing;
  • Fixed the code for the enemies in Pimp's Den that caused then to despawn when hit by an Edge level 4 or above;
  • Buffed the Small Potion;
  • Now both Edge and Ashley can learn skills in the Learn Skills menu once they hit level 5;
  • Level cap raised to 10;
  • Non-Quest related text is displayed as a text box above the sprites instead of a traditional text box;
  • As a minor change in battles, sprites don't walk up to the target during base attacks. This was changed because it conflicted with the Dragonbones animations.

Last edited:

moonblack

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
You're still working on this? I had given up on this game since your Patreon had not been updated since March.

Well, since you have not stopped working on games maybe you can take the time to fix the bugs in your previous game?

OP
K

Kolren

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
You're still working on this? I had given up on this game since your Patreon had not been updated since March.

Well, since you have not stopped working on games maybe you can take the time to fix the bugs in your previous game?
Yeah, things have happened and I pretty much couldn't do much on the updates side. And I'll be working on some bug fixes on DQ today, I think I may get a patch out soon.