What's new

VN/TEXT Libra of the Vampire Princess: Kickstarter

Naughty Fox

Demon Girl
Reputation score
OP:

This new Visual Novel, which just got recently released in Japan in October 2015, is having a for an English release.

Here's some info from the page:

“Libra” is a moe love story filled with fun and comedy, wrapped in a chunibyou style, vampire-battling universe. You play the main character, Shuma Kusanagi, as he struggles to uncover a secret about his birth after being bitten by a two thousand year old vampire.

Immerse yourself in a vast world with over 50 hours of gameplay and nearly 1 million Japanese characters (the equivalent of 8 light novels).

XERO's wish is simple: They want fans from the West to experience the newest Japanese visual novels. To make this a reality, VN makers will need to first consider players from overseas, and then keep them in mind throughout the game production work flow. If they do this, that is how we can all enjoy the latest trends together! In an industry where foreign players get to play the newest games... this will help pull the Japanese visual novel industry into a new future.

Every year there are about 300 new titles released on the Japan market, but international players don't get the chance to experience all the many types of moe. XERO wants to include fans all over the world in enjoying new moe together. That`s a bright future for visual novels, so let's start the journey now with “Libra”!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How are you all feeling about the move to bring new VNs that just got recently released in Japan over to the west?

Do you think it's doable? Or do you feel that these VNs first need to build a fan base like, MUV-LUV and Clannad?

P.S. There will be a free patch for those that want to have the erotic scenes;

Last edited by a moderator:

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Libra of the Vampire Princess: Kickstarter

Oh! I'm a sucker for vampire stories :cool:

Do you think it's doable? Or do you feel that these VNs first need to build a fan base like, MUV-LUV and Clannad?
I'd say why not, but not sure on how big the international market is. Are VN well selling in Steam? Until now, apart from Steam, I saw a lot of old (and franckly bad) nukige done by Mangagamer, sometime with a good surprise here and there.
Also, Clannad and Muv-Luv have exceptional qualities, way more than simple moe love, so it's difficult to gauge the market with these masterpieces.

no?id

Sex Demon
Reputation score

onomatope. i remember playing their 5 yome. not bad actually

razisgosu

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So the blonde twintail vampire has sex scenes from what I've seen, but she does not have a route. How does that work if anybody has knowledge of that? Is she just part of a common route or something entirely different? Or am I completely mistaken she has sex scenes?

OP
Naughty Fox

Naughty Fox

Demon Girl
Reputation score

So the blonde twintail vampire has sex scenes from what I've seen, but she does not have a route. How does that work if anybody has knowledge of that? Is she just part of a common route or something entirely different? Or am I completely mistaken she has sex scenes?
It appears she's in every route, and plays kinda the antagonist.

E

erobotan

My favorite seems to be Kaede, seems like a shy & gentle girl with a killer body. Always love this kind of contrast, too bad she's not a meganekko ^^;

Last edited by a moderator: