What's new

List of Android-compatible RPGMaker games (in English)

Ayra

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
If you are like me, most of your gaming time ends up being on mobile, and unfortunately there is an incredible lack of h-games on Android that are more than just touching games. I can count on one hand the amount of worthwhile Android H-games, with only one being exceptional (Inter breed: Flying Princess). RPGMaker MV games can be ported as android native games, but developpers don't bother doing that unfortunately ( is the only game I'm aware is also offered as an Android APK; it's unfortunately in Japanese and there's no existing guides).

So enters . It's an app that allows you to play RPGMaker XP, MV, VX and Ace... At least in theory. Compatibility is a HUGE issue, and most games don't work. In order to make a pool of working games, I've briefly tested multiple games that are either made in English, or have a translation patch available (see this thread for the patches). In a lot of cases, I only tried the Japanese demo: I figured that if the demo doesn't work, the full game won't either. In most cases, only simpler games work.

Mostly functional
: Fully functional, except for minor display issue in battles. Your "main command" like attack/magic/defend don't show up on the screen correctly; however, once select a command like "Magic", your spell list does show up, so if you remember the order of commands you'll be just fine. Few battles in this game, so it's even less of an issue. I'm far in the full game.

: Fully functional, albeit with same issue as Whatever in battles. Water looks weird in some places, but does not affect gameplay. Finished the game: it's very nice and underrated. Has battle-fuck features for those interested, in an ever-escalating way. One of the only "corruption" game I enjoyed; it's very hardcore but not "evil" or "nasty". Pretty unique and fun, highly recommended!

: Seems fully functional from what I played of it. I'm finding it very difficult to get anything concrete accomplished in that game, but it certainly works!

: Looks 100% functional except for the top right building (gallery I think?). I barely played it, but the actual game aspects (menus, fighting, CGs, etc) all seem to work perfectly.

: Only tried the demo briefly so far, but seems to work like Whatever: game works, main battle menu doesn't appear correctly. Bit hard to see your current HP and MP too, but game is functional.

Safi's Ecchi Quest: Not available for sale anymore (?). Compatibility is identical to Majo.

: Only tried the demo briefly, but seems 100% functional: Everything seems to be working perfectly, including animations (!) and the battle menus. I'll likely buy the full game soon due to this; I'll update the post if for some reason the full game has issue.

Only played the demo briefly, everything seems to work correctly. Unlike my expectations it has a male protagonist though (no interest for me) so I didn't check further.

Nagisa Ninpouchou (RE167062): Not available for sale anymore (Does not even show up on my purchased item list). 100% compatible, but only on a big device: MV games do not scale correctly resolution-wise and do not work on my phone, it's fine on my tablet though. Double-finger tap to open menus or back out of them. Game is genuinely not great, but it works at least...

It kind of works, but...
Drop Factory The map tileset is seriously messed up so it's very hard to know where you can walk and what is what. The rest actually seems to work fine though, including animated battles (!) and very custom menu surprisingly enough.

: MV game, so same issue as Nagisa Ninpouchou, but even on my tablet the resolution is too large so I'm missing some of the screen vertically. Might work OK for people with really large screens.

: Works in theory, but the text is white-on-white so it's completely unreadable, and the character's image stays there after closing the menu so you barely see anything.

Crashes at opening or in battles
Ariadne, Arms Devicer!+, Creature Hunter 2, Dark Sphere Dark Elf, Ecchi Mery (nutaku), Girl with Red Slave Collar, Hunter's Quest, Magica, Malise and the Machine, Mature Quest, Moral Sword Asagi, Next Knight Kuon, Noxian Nights, Pirate Queen Malena, Pregnancy Braves, Princess Ren Returns, Risky's Card Battle, Rhode Scale Garden, Runy Pharmacy, SD Quest, Shinobi Buster, Witch Act, XIV

If you find more games that work (especially English ones), please add them to this topic! Thank you!

Last edited:
Re: List of Android-compatible RPGMaker games (in English)

:D you tested my game? yay

chances are princess ren returns will have the same issues

I'm having difficulty putting my games on my tablet since i cant find the folders it mentions. i downloaded ao oni to test but i cant locate that either

Last edited:

:D you tested my game? yay

chances are princess ren returns will have the same issues

I'm having difficulty putting my games on my tablet since i cant find the folders it mentions. i downloaded ao oni to test but i cant locate that either

Princess Ren Returns and SD Quest (full versions) both crashes in battle following some enemy attacks; they nearly work but not quite :(. Risky's Card Battle doesn't even open, but that's not too surprising considering how different the game is. I forgot to add Risky's to the list of games that doesn't work, editing it now.

For the folder, by default it's an hidden folder. What I did personally was to create a new folder (I simply called it RPGMaker) and put the games and the RGSs in that folder instead. In the options of NekoRPG you can set which folder holds your games.

Princess Ren Returns and SD Quest (full versions) both crashes in battle following some enemy attacks; they nearly work but not quite :(. Risky's Card Battle doesn't even open, but that's not too surprising considering how different the game is. I forgot to add Risky's to the list of games that doesn't work, editing it now.

For the folder, by default it's an hidden folder. What I did personally was to create a new folder (I simply called it RPGMaker) and put the games and the RGSs in that folder instead. In the options of NekoRPG you can set which folder holds your games.

i had to use an app to move them manually to the folder, and risky only runs on show picture, so i dont know whythat would fail

the ace patch is taking forever...does it happen through their shitty server or something?

56% its been an hour!!

majo crashed in the first fight for me.
risky and witch dungeon lab dont even open
damsel quest 3 has script conflicts

Last edited:

i had to use an app to move them manually to the folder, and risky only runs on show picture, so i dont know whythat would fail

the ace patch is taking forever...does it happen through their shitty server or something?

56% its been an hour!!

majo crashed in the first fight for me.
risky and witch dungeon lab dont even open
damsel quest 3 has script conflicts

is a copy of the files I'm using to make the application works, in case it helps any.

I just tried Majo on a different device that has an older version of the application (1.66), and it works fine there too. Actually, the battle display is even a bit better on that one (the main menu actually appears in battles).

I just have the demo version of Majo; is it possible that something was added in the full version that makes it crash? Princess Ren and SD Quest I tried were the full versions.

I just tried the demo for Damsel Quest 3; I'm getting scripts errors too unfortunately. This is also what I get for Risky too though (it "opens", but I get the script errors immediately).

is a copy of the files I'm using to make the application works, in case it helps any.

I just tried Majo on a different device that has an older version of the application (1.66), and it works fine there too. Actually, the battle display is even a bit better on that one (the main menu actually appears in battles).

I just have the demo version of Majo; is it possible that something was added in the full version that makes it crash? Princess Ren and SD Quest I tried were the full versions.

I just tried the demo for Damsel Quest 3; I'm getting scripts errors too unfortunately. This is also what I get for Risky too though (it "opens", but I get the script errors immediately).

looks like im gonna have to use mv if i want games to be android compatible

looks like im gonna have to use mv if i want games to be android compatible

If you make an MV game and do an Android version of it, I'll definitely be buying a copy! Well, to be entirely honest, Damsel Quest 3 does look quite good so I'm likely buying that one anyway, but still :)

Actually, an MV game with an Android version could possibly be a good idea from a business sense: there's very little competition on that front, so it MIGHT be a profitable endeavor.

If you make an MV game and do an Android version of it, I'll definitely be buying a copy! Well, to be entirely honest, Damsel Quest 3 does look quite good so I'm likely buying that one anyway, but still :)

Actually, an MV game with an Android version could possibly be a good idea from a business sense: there's very little competition on that front, so it MIGHT be a profitable endeavor.

unfortunately i cant get my pc to recognise java so that's not an option... mv doesnt export android out of the box you gotta do a bunch of annoying stuff and i dont seem able even though i tried a bunch of different tutorials

unfortunately i cant get my pc to recognise java so that's not an option... mv doesnt export android out of the box you gotta do a bunch of annoying stuff and i dont seem able even though i tried a bunch of different tutorials

That's really unfortunate... If the process is complicated, it does explain why there's so few rpgmaker h-games that exists. Thanks for trying though! :)

That's really unfortunate... If the process is complicated, it does explain why there's so few rpgmaker h-games that exists. Thanks for trying though! :)

next time i try neko rpg i'll try a game with no scripts

Back