What's new

Looking for a decent fully voiced Non Hentai Visual novel

malroth

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
My 12 year old nephew is coming to stay with me for a couple weeks soon and He asked me if i'd help teach him Japanese and was wondering if anyone knew any appropiate text heavy games that could be used as a refrence.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Looking for a decent fully voiced Non Hentai Visual novel

Are you looking for something where they speak Japanese but the text is in English or vice-versa? Also, I'm gathering you're looking for this for the computer, yes?

calibus

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate are both fully voiced, but they're pretty mature stories that have a lot of gore and depressing stuff in them.

Clannad is also fully voiced, but as it's a high school harem drama I don't know that it'd be very engaging to a 12 year old boy.

But hey, might as well let you know what's there.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

a lot of the best hentai games get converted for ps2 or such, this often involves the addition of voice acting and the removal of hentai scenes.

I know that utawerunomono's ps2 version had a bit more game and all the sex scenes gone. I'd imagine there are a few others out there of similar vein.

OP
M

malroth

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i'd hadn't concidered ps2 games before, is it possible to get AGTH to work in a PS2 Emulator?

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

If you have a PSP, try Hakuoki: Demon of the Falling Blossom (not the Warriors of the Shinsengami one). It's a visual novel, though the main character is a girl and there is the potential for romance, so not sure for a 12yo boy, but since they're trying to pass the main character off *as* a boy, might serve your purpose. I'm into Chapter 3 right now, myself and it hasn't gotten too girlie on me.