What's new

Machine Translator Thread

devildragon777

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I thought it might be useful to have a thread for this, considering that many people on this board seem to be using them.

ITHVNR:

An updated fork/upgrade of ITH, that adds functionality from VNR. It's probably best to switch to this if you still use ITH (or even AGTH). Works with lots of games (including Wolf RPG games!) without much fuss, but you'll need another program for actually translating the text that it grabs.

Visual Novel Reader:

Currently at the forefront of machine translator tools. I had trouble getting it to work well for me, but there's lots of documentation and tutorials to get you started, and it is one of the most expansive ones, on top of being regularly maintained and updated. Worth checking out.

Translation Aggregator:

A collection of the most used machine translators put into one tool. You can either grab text via the internal AGTH hook, or just do what I do and let it read from your clipboard/ITHVNR. Easy to use.

Chiitrans Lite:

The latest version of Chiitrans, amazingly easy to use. It's been dead since December, though, so don't rely on any tech issues getting fixed.

I might have missed a few. If anyone has better descriptions for these, it'd be appreciated...