What's new

Main Cavern

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Main Cavern

"That's gotta be a poor slob that has to be saved by me", Tillias laughs. His humor seems to be pretty self-depreciating, to put it kindly.
As he waits, Tillias raps his finger on the couch. After a bit he stretches, which has the unfortunate side effect of pulling the skin even tighter against his body.

Kattunge

Lurker
Reputation score

"Not necessarily," she chided, amused, "a little knowledge can go a long way to helping out someone who's confused."

As he stretched, she gave him another looking-over, and frowned. "Goddesses, you do need to get some weight on your bones. You know... I don't think Ahket will mind if I raid the food stores for you, so long's I bring something back for her next time I see Falia..." She sounded more as if she was thinking out loud, than running it by him. "Hold up, I'll be right back." She headed off towards the back of the cavern.

Returning, she had a bundle of food and handed it off to Tillias; unwrapped, it contained simple fare. A flask of water, a small bun-like loaf, a couple of thin root vegetables and a flat square of dried meat. "Not haute cuisine, but it'll keep you alive," she let him know as she finally sat down on the couch too.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Tillias eyes the food longingly. "Thanks, but. . . Are you sure you won't get in trouble for this?"
Alas, his hunger won't wait for Vaniolle's answer. With quick movements he reaches out and starts eating - tearing a bit off the dried meat and chowing it down with a bite of the loaf, softened with water, immediately followed by one of the vegetables. Didn't he say he wouldn't eat much?!

Kattunge

Lurker
Reputation score

Vaniolle seemed pleased more than anything that he was chowing down with such vigour, though more food was not forthcoming once that had been exhausted. "I won't," she promised him, grinning smugly. "I actually bring in as much food to this place as anyone else, and I don't even live here anymore... and I'll just give 'em more of my haul next time to make up for it." She shrugged reasonably.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

A throaty grunt is the only reply Vaniolle gets from Tillias as he eats. Obviously he has been raised well enough to not speak with a full mouth. After a bit he tears open the bun and starts to fill it with the veggies and the remnants of the meat. With a few quick bites that is gone as well, washed down with the last bit of water.
Tillias leans back and sighs. Already he feels less famished. Maybe a nap. . . He briefly shakes his head and sits back up. "Again, thank you. I do owe you something, don't I?"

Kattunge

Lurker
Reputation score

She shrugged again, and flapped a hand at him. "I really mean it. When you've got a foothold here, help out a new person now and then. Some folks end up in the really awful places because they don't have anyone to point them towards the good ones."

She stood up from the couch, hands on her hips. "You look like you're feeling the effects of a good meal, huh? Seriously, get some shut-eye, you'll probably need it, and no one's using this couch right now. If Akhet gets back and I'm not here, just let her know Vaniolle sent you and explain that you're new, alright?"

OP
wallpaper

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Can't leave ya hanging, CG. XD

Irene sighed and also raised her hand, waving it in a "goodbye" kind of way. "Try not to end as demon fodder." She began to wonder... What kind of screwed up place was this? She just got thrown in, and she already met someone strange...
'Demon fodder' indeed. The girl oughta knock on wood... or perhaps do something along less suggestive lines. A pair of hands came down on her shoulders where she sat. "Hello, pet," a slick-sounding voice addressed her, completely unlike Tillias' earlier awkward entry.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Tillias nods again. He gives Vaniolle a thankful look as he slowly slumps down to one side until he lies on his belly, steel grey eyes quickly closing. His spine looks like a bony crest as it slowly rises and falls with his breath.

Kattunge

Lurker
Reputation score

Vaniolle watched for a moment, her expression softened. Poor kid... she thought he might end up having a hard time of things, here, if people weren't gentle on him.

She went and fetched a blanket from one of the spare beds and tucked it over him. Then she headed out, leaving him to his sleep.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Tillias sleeps like a stone. After a while he turns around and curls under the blanket, his bony back almost hanging off the edge. Now and then a grunt leaves his lips.

Goldstein

Lurker
Reputation score

A younger man entered the Cavern from a side passage, and took a seat off to one side away from the larger groupings spread throughout the center of the large cavern. He took a wooden, stringed instrument from a case slung over one shoulder, and began to play, seemingly more to pass the time than anything else.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

'Demon fodder' indeed. The girl oughta knock on wood... or perhaps do something along less suggestive lines. A pair of hands came down on her shoulders where she sat. "Hello, pet," a slick-sounding voice addressed her, completely unlike Tillias' earlier awkward entry.
Irene nearly jumped. The whole incident happened so suddenly - she had no idea how to react. After taking a deep breath, she turned her head to look at the being behind her.

"Just... Who the Hell are you?"

OP
wallpaper

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

To the impromptu background of music, Irene found herself looking up into the gaunt, rich brown face of a man who's expression matched his words and the way that he'd laid hands on her. "Called Spitheysh," he told her nonchalantly, "who the hell are you," he mocked her, standing fully upright again as he shoved his hands in his coat pockets (this particular cavern wasn't nearly warm enough for him) and regarded her with a cheeky grin. "Noticed you gave that stick-thin the old push-off, like the sharp end of that pretty little tongue of yours was actually worth waggling." Brows quirked, he continued, "thought maybe I could put it to better use."

Goldstein

Lurker
Reputation score

The musician had a keen sense of hearing and, though he had tried to seat himself more or less away from everyone else, he couldn't help but overhear Spitheysh's words. He frowned slightly, to himself, but he had seen the young man in question as he entered, and didn't approve of what the woman had done, if it were true. And, while Spitheysh could certainly be called many things, liar wasn't one of them.

So, he simply sat and continued his noodling. Though, the alert ear might hear a slight shift in his melodies segueing into a slightly more romantic feel...

Last edited:

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

To the impromptu background of music, Irene found herself looking up into the gaunt, rich brown face of a man who's expression matched his words and the way that he'd laid hands on her. "Called Spitheysh," he told her nonchalantly, "who the hell are you," he mocked her, standing fully upright again as he shoved his hands in his coat pockets (this particular cavern wasn't nearly warm enough for him) and regarded her with a cheeky grin. "Noticed you gave that stick-thin the old push-off, like the sharp end of that pretty little tongue of yours was actually worth waggling." Brows quirked, he continued, "thought maybe I could put it to better use."
'Yeah, riiight...'

Irene didn't like the tone the demon used. Still, she observed him with certain interest... She had heard many tales about demons when she was a child, and now she had an occasion to take a closer look at one of them. He seemed to radiate a slightly menacing aura, but Irene wasn't afraid of him that much. She didn't voice the sarcastic remark that passed through her head, though - a sign that the girl was slightly on her guard. "Well, it doesn't really matter what I've done, right? You obviously don't care about that guy." Irene spoke that in a rather quiet tone - she didn't want to attract too much attention from other people nearby. "Oh, and my name is Irene. Not pet."

OP
wallpaper

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Irene, pet," Spitheysh remarked, cocky grin in place, "got it." He'd cast a glance in Saul's direction, noting the shift in tune, and decided to run with it. "Well it's no wonder you've got the bottom of the barrel throwing themselves at your feet, then, crawling into your lap when they get the chance. For a human, you're..." Not half-bad? Adequate? Sufficient? Spitheysh didn't think those would suit. Grinning wider in a wolfish manner, he finished, "beautiful."

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Irene was prepared for nearly everything - except a compliment. "Uh, thanks..." Her lip twitched a little. She had little experience with such conversations. Her relationships with other people weren't very good, and she didn't really know how to react in a situation where a person is friendly towards her. "He just dropped out of exhaustion, though..." Irene turned her head away. She was blushing slightly. In her confusion, she didn't notice the hidden malice in the demon's grin, and began to think that he might actually like her.

OP
wallpaper

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

If by 'like', she was expecting some kind of growing tender feelings, Irene was going to be sorely disappointed. The demon wasn't that naive. Well... most of the time. Being far superior (he thought) to mere humans like Irene helped him to maintain his usual churlish charm!

Noting her blush and quirked lips, (hook, line and sink her!) Spitheysh moved in for the kill. "Oh, come on now. Who wouldn't want a chance to gaze into such a pretty face? Inventive sop, if nothing else," he admitted. "Not very dashing though. A girl -- a woman like you needs someone far more elegant; I can see it." It probably helped that he'd stopped using 'pet', though he was trying hard!

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Calling Irene a woman had a strong effect on her. She still considered herself a girl, and thought that only girls who have gained respect could be called like that. She was still blushing, and her doubts about the demon's good intention disappeared quickly. "A-ah... I'm not as charming as you think..." Irene's heart began to pound faster. The girl was feeling really awkward - she was sure that her poor social skills would doom her. If she had paid more attention to the part after the mind-breaking "woman", she would have been alert - Spitheysh maybe was unaware of that, but he chose the right word!

OP
wallpaper

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Shh, now," Spitheysh told her, bringing a hand up as if to hold a finger to her lips, even if he didn't touch her for all that it was meant to be a soothing gesture. Sweeping her hair out of her face, cupping her jaw -- now he was touching her, the human-formed demon sought to catch her blue eyes with his hazel ones. Not too much of a grin -- now that he felt he'd caught her, he didn't want to push her over the edge and back into defensive again! -- he murmured, "You do yourself no credit, pet." Damn, that one had slipped in! At least he hadn't sounded like he meant it to be derogatory! Perhaps it was just a default?

"A sharp-minded young woman like you has a charm all her own. None of that bowing and scraping and 'yes Master, please Master,' like half the population down here. You speak up for yourself, and you've got a brain for it, too. Better than most can say." Ah, praising the assets that weren't on her chest. Spitheysh liked to think that the feisty ones liked to be worked up to compliments about physical attraction.