What's new

May I Borrow Your Twisted Imagination?

Giron

Lurker
Reputation score
Friendly greetings everyone. :) Lately I've been working on-and-off with a game that I had started as a replacement for the overly ambitious Community Game on the old ULMF site. I have a thread in the Hentai Games section, but it's buried pretty deep by now, and I think a thread on the Everything Else forum might get better responses than one in just the games forum.

The story is roughly as follows. I've condensed it to save room.

For time immemorial Heaven and Hell have been locked in mortal war. Striving in the firmament betwixt the two bitter enemies to sway the hearts of man and overthrow their adversary. In recent times though (by human reckoning) the faith of the world itself has weakened and slid, thrusting the armies of Heaven in to distress. The army of beautiful angelic warriors has been slowly battered back from the gates of Hell, until now only a small contingent hold the forward guard. War has broken through in to the Firmament itself (what the divines call our world) and advance raiding parties of demons have begun to stalk the area around Heaven itself.

In the midst of this chaos a young angle has been thrown. Though only several centuries old herself she is swift of flight and foot, and has been tasked with delivering a vital message to the troops valiantly fighting to hold the gates of Hell. She must brave the lowers levels of Heaven, the long descent through the firmament, and the deadly journey in to the bowels of Hell itself, to dutifully deliver her message and earn her angelic wings.

All of that is essentially a dressed up excuse for a DG/JG styled side-scrolling Run-or-Rape game. Right now the plan is simple. Navigate a variety of levels transversing Heaven, Earth, and Hell, dodging a variety of spirits, demons, and creatures along the way. Right now there is no concept of how combat will be done if at all, though bosses and such would be fun to do.

Pretty much what I'm looking for are ideas for the enemies in the first area, the one from Heaven's Gate to the front lines of Heaven more or less. These will probably be mainly the "basic" enemy of the game as well as a small amount of comparatively easy stronger enemies. In addition to the enemies, I'm also looking for level ideas, places, situations, and encounters you would like to see or that intrigue you.

Enemy types should be generally demonic in a bipedal form, as well as weird or macabre demon forms. Spirits, possessed people, possessed animals, and artifical dark constructs are game too. Anything that might conceivably be crafted by the dark, occult forces of Hell for the destruction and violation of angels.

Rest assured I'm working on ideas myself, but I have a hard time crafting excellent or original concepts in this sort of games for reasons I'm trying to resolve. I look forward to your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

Giron

P.S. The game does have a Subversion (SVN) link for those who know how to access them. The link itself is
There IS a working binary for the game so far as well, though there is little available to see at the moment, if you click here.