What's new

Messengers (IndrickBoreale, TheWeirdOne, Quartz)

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score
Re: Messengers (IndrickBoreale, TheWeirdOne, Quartz)

Hearing the scout talk to him in astonished awe Teeu said, without turning in his direction, but rather looking at the hill that Siehydra was on at this moment, "It may have been something nice to watch, but she went overboard for such a simple task."

Siehydra on the hill looked happy and quite content, despite having such a short battle. All the marching with the soldiers made her feel as if they were never going to fight anything, despite the battle being short, she was happy that they just finally got to do something. Hearing Elyna, Siehydra said to her, still smiling her goofy smile, "It made it alot more fun though!"

Last edited:
OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

To Elyna, the field is large and wide, rolling with both shallow and steep hills. The wind gently blows south, bringing the scent of grass and flowers of many kinds. The source of the flowers is apparent as well, as not far is a patch of wild flowers overgrowing out of what looks to be the ancient ruins of a stone house. From this distance, it looks like the blooming flowers are the size of boars.

Two figure can be seen standing among the flowers, though from this distance it is hard to make out their details.

IndrickBoreale

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Bellisera pulled on the reigns to slow Avitus down. He was still agitated and eager for battle, but the enemy had been taken away from him. Siehydra's speed had been impressive, outrunning both war boars and easily slaughtering the two zombies. This harpy girl was most definately one to watch out for. But she was even more concerned about her grim master who had simply sat and watched from the sidelines. It was as if they weren't even worth his effort.

She raised her visor and stared daggers at Siehydra.

"Your master Teeu has it right, if you intend to do that again, please inform me before hand. I had intended to practice my lancework but I am now without a target. I could have stayed with the column and not wasted my effort."

She turned her gaze to Elyna who had ridden a little ways on to survey the surrounding landscape.

"See anything of note? If not, then lets rejoin the column. I believe our business here is concluded."

Quartz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

"We probably should get back to Sir Drake, but first come here for a moment and look at this." Elyna replies, as she beckons the other Exalted to her. She points at the flowers and says "If you look closely, you can see figures of two people standing in the middle of those flowers. Moreover, I have never seen anything even close to the size of those flowers. I think that the figures might be a lure of sorts, and the flowers and figures part of a big monster."

"We can check it out if you would like, but I really think going back and getting on our way is the better idea."

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

Upon Bellisera's comment, Siehydra, once again, looked at her like she was confused. The harpy didn't understand why Bellisera would be angry with her, and couldn't realize why she'd think Teeu was her "master." She said to Bellisera like she was confused, with an equaly confused look, "Teeway... My master?" Teeu sat by the side and didn't speak for Siehydra this time, once again just merely watching, although he did seem to let out an annoyed sigh when Siehydra pronounced his name wrong.

When Elyna spoke Siehydra quickly turned her focus to what she was trying to make out to them, as if she completly forgot Bellisera. Seeing that they wanted to turn back she wasn't sure what to say. When she consulted Teeu about it in her head, he had told her it was better they go back. Not wanting to turn back, Siehydra looked towards the figures, wondering if she could make them out better then Elyna could.

Last edited:
OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

Elyna's original spotting was Perception 6 + Intuition 3 + Specialization (Sight) 2 for 11 dice. 2 automatic successes for the previous result.
Seihydra has Perception 6 + Intuition 4 for 10 dice. 2 automatic successes. Same result. But since you're trying... *rolls* Seihydra rolls 5 hits.

Down among the flowers, what look to be a man and women shuffle about the huge flowers with a senseless gait. The green and brown colouration of their head look as if they have grass instead of hair at the top of their head. Another pair of shamblers, probably.

IndrickBoreale

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Bellisera raised an eyebrow at Siehydra's curious reaction.

"Am I incorrect?"

She followed Siehydra to the top of the hill to join with Elyna. Her own brief glance did not reveal anything that looked particulaly dangerous and so she was a little dismissive of Elyna's idea.

"I somwhow doubt that mere flowers could be anything threatening, especially as far as we currently are from Mirafar. I would hate to have come this far for nothing, those two figures could provide us some good sport and that stone house could be interesting to investigate."

Quartz

Reputation score

Elyna sighs loudly for dramatic effect before looking at Bellisera and replying "In these tainted lands, I think that everything blatantly magical like those flowers should be approached with caution. It seems that's a minority opinion at the moment though, and I can already see that you are going to go there no matter what I say. In that case, I suppose we should hurry up and check it out quickly so we don't waste any time."

Prodding her boar into a gallop, Elyna begins riding towards the flowers and apparent shamblers. She intended to slow down at a safe distance and wait for her fellow Exalted if they didn't charge in. "Hey, let's not charge into magic plants before we get a closer look at them, alright?", she calls to the other Exalted as she rides.

(Can I set my character to reflexively use Celerity if Siehydra uses it? If I can, that's what I'd like to do.)

IndrickBoreale

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Bellisera spurred Avitus and matched Elyna's speed.

"That sigh seemed to indicate that you have no wish to enter danger. So I am curious, why have you come to Mirafar? I cannot think of a place in the world that could be more dangerous than here. Is it duty like me? A search for gold or power?"

As they closed in on the giant flowers, Bellisera slowed to a trot.

"I shall do this your way if it will make you feel a little more comfortable. After all, do people not say that discretion is the better part of valour?"

Quartz

Reputation score

Elyna pulls her boar to a slow trot as she nears the edge of the bed of flowers. She turns to Bellisera and replies "Danger and my own safety is not the issue, or I would not be here as you noted. It's that I would like to avoid having you or anybody else participating in this attack coming to unnecessary harm whenever possible. I suppose that's also why I came to Mirafar, because as an Exalted I'm in a rare position to help. Maybe I'm just an idealist."

As she turns back to examine the flowers closely, Elyna pulls out her sword and moves closer. "The shamblers have plant features.. I'm thinking there is some source of magic that's corrupting both them and the nearby flowers too. If we don't see anything wrong with the flowers besides their size, lets go ahead and kill the shamblers. We can take a look around for a magic source afterward." If there wasn't anything noticeably dangerous about the flowers, Elyna would charge in to attack one of the shamblers.

Last edited:

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

Siehydra wasn't sure how the impression was given off that Teeu would be her master. She said the only thing that she could think of that would describe their relationship, "Teeway's my bestest friend." Hearing Elyna, Siehydra was about to protest, but then Teeu cut her off in her head. She's right, you need to be more careful out here, it's far more dangerous then when we were traveling together, her mind echoed with Teeu's voice, and I'm sure those two wanted to fight as well, and you killed both of the enemies by yourself. Siehydra knew Teeu was right, and offered no protest. Still, she pouted, and followed Bellisera and Elyna down into the field without charging right through it.

OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

There are three kinds of giant flowers. Pink and red roses, yellow and orange tulips, and white petunias. Large throned vines run along the ground and up what's left of a chimney, coming from the stems of the roses. "Braaaaaaaiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnns," the male zombie moans as it begins to shamble towards the living that have just appeared, echoed by his wife but an instant later. The thorny vines shift as the zombies shamble onward, as if to avoid tripping them.

Elyna's noble steed makes an uneasy grunt, and takes a step back.

-------

"Oh? Now where are those two going?" The scout asks rhetorically, just knowing Teeu wouldn't know the answer. He begins to job towards the hill where the Shamblers were felled. "My lord wouldn't be happy if I let them out of my sight," he calls back.

Quartz

Reputation score

"So the roses have sentient vines.. At least it looks like the shamblers are saving us the trouble of having to go in after them. Which is good, since those vines will probably attack us the moment we get close enough. I suppose tactics aren't really a mindless corpse's strong suit. Let's go ahead and kill these first and then we can figure out how best to deal with the flowers."

Elyna directs her boar to hold still as the shamblers shuffle towards them. Unless one of the other Exalted decided to charge, Elyna was happy to let the shamblers come to them.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

Following Teeu and Elyna's advice, Siehydra stood her ground and waited for the shamblers to come to her, rather then charge them head on. It was obvious she couldn't stand waiting for the enemies to come to her, and she was gripping her scythe so tightly that her knuckles began to turn white.

Without saying a word to answer the scout, Teeu decided to follow him. Better make sure nothing happens to this one, he thought to himself.

IndrickBoreale

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Avitus stomped impatiantly, reflecting the mood of his owner.

"Bah, we've waited long enough. A few vines don't scare me!"

Bellisera shut her visor and levelled her lance.

She charged at the male zombie.

Quartz

Reputation score

"Fine. It seems I was outvoted anyways." Elyna notes, as she glances towards Siehydra.

As soon as Bellisera begins charging, Elyna immediately charges towards the nearest rose with all available speed. Hoping to reach the stem and sever it at the base before it has time to react to her speed, she avoids any vines she can and cuts away those that block her path. With some luck, cutting the stem would kill all the attached vines or at least disorient them.

(Activate Celerity)

OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

Elyna reflexively activates Celerity for 3 pp (6 remain for the scene). Since the scene hasn't ended yet, Seihydra's Celerity hasn't ended either.

Initiative
Seihydra: 12 dice, 5 hits
Elyna: 11 dice, 5 hits
Plants: 6 dice, 4 hits
Bellisera: 5 dice, 1 hit
Zombies: 2 dice, 1 hit
Seihydra again
Elyna again
Elyna again

Seihydra does nothing.

Elyna moves towards the plants.
Elyna attacks the plants: 10 dice, 3 hits, succeed, no net hits.
Special effect goes off. Elyna deals 6 damage - soak ?, no wounds.

Rosemary does nothing.
Parsley is hungry. Vine bondage!
*rolls*rolls*rolls*
Vines attack Elyna. No hits. Vines miss.
More botches than hits. Critical Fail!
Oregano is hungry. Vine bondage!
*rolls*rolls*rolls*
Vines attack Elyna. Vines Miss.
Thyme is hungry. Vine bondage!
*rolls*rolls*rolls*
Vines attack Elyna. Vines Miss.

Bellisera moves towards a Shambler
Bellisera attacks the Shambler. 11 dice, no hits, fail.
More botches than hits. Critical Fail!
Agility 3 + Animal Ken 4. 7 dice, 3 hits, succeed.
Avitus attacks the shambler. 4 dice. 2 hits, succeed.
Avitus deals 12 damage - soak (hidden).

Shambler attacks Bellisera. Impossible. Miss.

Seihydra does nothing again.

Elyna attacks the plants: 10 dice, 2 hits, fail.
Elyna attacks the plants: 10 dice, 3 hits, succeed, no net hits.
Special effect goes off. Elyna deals 6 damage - soak ?, no wounds.

Unlucky rolls all over. I'm getting new dice.

Bellisera and Elyna charge into the giant flower patch. As Elyna heads straight towards the nearest colossal rose, the vines around it react to her assault, and jump at her. Elyna easily parries or slices through the ticket, reaching the blooming flower and hacking away at it. It shifts like a standing snake as it tries to avoid her blows, though it makes no difference as Loving Gail harmlessly glides across its petals like rain on shingles.

Without the momentum of her charge, the vines leap at her with more wild ferocity. A few tangle together in a mad rush.

Bellisera fairs no better. As she lines up her lance to effortlessly skewer a shambler, Avitus suddenly violently leaps over some thorned vines, nearly causing Bellisera to fall off. Luckily, Avitus was steered directly towards the shambler, and easily tramples it to a pulp. The female shambler notes Bellisere, sauntering towards her, flailing its arms almost comically.

-------

The scout reaches up the hill. Despite the fast jog and all the gear he is carrying, he has yet to break a sweat or show signs of fatigue. He looks towards where he saw the Exalted go and his eyes widen. "Shit. They went into a flower patch." He draws a tiny black sphere from his under his shoulder pauldron and starts running towards the Exalted Ladies.

Quartz

Reputation score

"Hold still you overgrown weed!" Elyna yells in frustration as her sword bounces off the wriggling flower to no effect. If she could just get one clean hit, she was sure that her sword could easily bisect the stem. Undeterred by the vines crashing all around her, Elyna continues to strike at the main body of the rose in large sweeping arcs. Hopefully, she could at least kill this one quickly and back out of the thicket.

Last edited:

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

Siehydra stared sheepishly as the two charged into the flower patch. Elyna had told her to be more careful and so did Teeu and seeing the two charge right in made her wonder what she should do now. After seeing their difficulty with the flowers, she finally decided to charge in herself, although slower then she did last time. Yelling unintelligibly as she charged, she went to assist them in their fight against the flowers.

Teeu watched the events unfold with the scout, and let out an annoyed sigh when he saw that the three had just charged straight into a trap. He thought that the elf would be more careful, but he saw he was wrong. Seeing the scout produce a strange object, Teeu followed him and was now ready to fight himself, seeing that the situation had escalated to a point where he might be needed.

IndrickBoreale

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Bellisera cursed under her breath, things just weren't going her way today. Braceing herself, she wheeled Avitus around to face the flailing zombie and lunged with her lance. As the thorns began to creep around her, she knew she did not have long before she would be forced to move again.