What's new

My Minecraft Server (with RPG environment built-in)

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score
Hey there guys.
This is the 1st time I came to this forum not for hentai :p

I've been building an RPG Minecraft Server for about 2 years by now (all alone x.x) and I've got about 4 cities built (finishing the 4th) and I'm gonna build the 5th on sand (because only now I've found a desert area and I always wanted to build a city on sand xD).
While building the cities I implement several RPG mechanics in order to provide all the players in the future an RPG environment.

I still have a lot of work to do, like implementing several plugins that I've been wanting to use for quite some time and since I'm doing all this on a cracked server, I'm gonna have to waste some time on backing up everything and place it on a legitimate server (yep I'm gonna buy the official version of the game soon :p)

So anyway here's a list of what I've already done and what I'm still gonna do:

City number 1 (Done. It's where the players will spawn and may carry on their game from)

City number 2 (Done. There's a sort of replica of the Resident Evil 1 mansion on this city, so yes all RE's fans you might enjoy this, but I've been having a hard time coping with some triggers and what kind of plugin I'll need for keys and doors, but I think I can manage it ^^)

City number 3 (Done. This was the thing that took me most of the time wasted in 2 years, it's a city that is built-in on a castle, had some great times building the castle as I was often reminded of the Legend of Queen Opala :p game, some invasion triggers will be created in the future for this city. I'll explain ahead what the invasion triggers mean ^^. There are several secrets on this city which I hope you enjoy finding out xD)

City number 4 (In progress. This city will be somewhat deserted, for something misterious has happened, I'm still thinking of a story to carry on the mistery :p)

City number 5 (Not even started. This city might not even have started to be built, but I already have some nice ideas and secrets to implement on it ^^. If you're expecting, yes there'll a few pyramids on it lol)

Locations:

City 1 (Location): Normal Terrain (grass)
City 2 (Location): Snowy Lands
City 3 (Location): Normal Terrain (grass)
City 4 (Location): Mix of the previous cities
City 5 (Location): Sand (yey xD)

Transportation between cities:

On the 1st 3 cities you're able to get to them through boat, since there are shipyards built on them. To get to the 4th city there'll be a train station on both cities for transportation, the same thing for city number 5.

Systems implemented:

Lodging (technical dificulties)
Economy (technical dificulties / still incomplete in some fields)
Marketplace
Protection & Privacy

Systems to be Implemented:

The Making of Quests
Creation of NPC's for several purposes (e.g. To give information about quests ^^)
Castle invasion trigger
Random attacks trigger
A few spawning triggers (according to the situations)
Automated Events
Groups & Policies

Description of Systems (referred on the lists above):

Lodging - Players will be able to rest at night, therefor restoring their health completely, having to pay a fee per day of usage of the room that they use (in other words an Inn lol)

Economy - Players will have a balance and can use currency for various needs and purposes (e.g. lodging, buying weapons/armor, potions, resources and so on, buying/selling houses, purchase tickets, etc)

Marketplace - Players will have a spot on each city where they can build their own selling tent (on a limited area) and sell their items

Protection & Privacy - Every area where a certain is the owner will be protected and costumized by himself in order choose which people he wants on his property, what actions can be made, etc (By default every building will be protected against griefing!)

The Making of Quests - A guild house will be presented to the players on each city, to provide quests for them to make and gain profit and experience from these (several events will be unlocked and those events will unlock certain triggers for the players to progress on their rank!)

Creation of NPC's for several purposes - There will be NPCs for about pretty much everything (e.g. as stated before info on quests, control of sales on weapons/armor, room renting, some real state sales, NPCs for unlocking triggers/events, etc.)

Castle invasion trigger - I'm still thinking of how I should do this, but the general idea is to have a player activate a certain trigger or event and the result will be a mass scale invasion of zombies, evenderman, spiders, venenous spiders, creepers and skeletons against the castle, and that player will have to defend the castle along with many NPCs and will have the choice of inviting other players to help him (the problem here will how this will happen)

Random attacks trigger - This means that players that will venture on the outside will get attacked by any monster from any distance (not just nearby as what it happens by default) or spawn several monsters at the player's location for an ambush

A few spawning triggers - Spawns on nether or ender world, through triggers or events, players while doing quests and if they fall on battle, they'll spawn at the Guild House, on the infirmary, etc.

Automated Events - This is something that I have been thinking of implementing for some time now, because it's really annoying that you pick up a certain item from a chest, which will be used for a quest for instance, and since it's just 1 item it won't be there anymore for the next player that wants to do the same quest. Going to the chest manually just to fill them completely with packs of 64 of the same item, like every hour is annoying to say the least.

Groups & Policies - This is the main thing that I have to do even before I can launch a pre-alpha demo of the server. I do have a file with groups and policies for the server, but it's far from complete and is somewhat badly configured (needs a lot of testing while building it).

So this is all there is to it, I just want you people to share your opinions and critics as to what you think of this, so if I know if it's worth it to continue with this "project". I need to have an idea if this is viable, because if it is, I'll need to request for a few beta testers here, to check a lot of stuff xD.
If this leads anywhere, I will then send to the beta testers the info details on my server so that you can logon and begin testing.

Note: Of course I intend to build more and more cities and other structures in the future, but for now, this is already a lot of work that is and still needs to be done and as I said I first need to have an idea of what people might think of this.

If you read all this to the end, thank you for taking your time and I hope I see some reviews from ya ^^

Last edited: