What's new

"My Pit" interest thread

Gatorbait

*hic*
Reputation score
Okay. As promised, here is my attempt at a pbp game. I am going to try to keep it as simple and as open ended as possible. It is similar to the lines of the egg and especially MAZE, so I need to give mad props to Silth!!!

(NOTE: I wrote this assuming everyone would be playing a female)

My Pit
You awake in a small dark room to a buzzing in your head. Looking around you try to find some clue as to what happened to you, vaguely remembering meeting someone before you blacked out. You notice a small ribbon tied to your wrist, undoing it you see a message folded inside:

"Welcome. You are now my guinea pig. I have been looking for a proper host for my devious experiments. If you can, try to make it to the top. Welcome to My Pit.

-Dr. D"

Gameplay
The objective of this game is to reach the top of the pit and face Dr. D. This will be no easy task as the pit is divided into 5 levels with 25 rooms each. The player must find staircases to reach the next level. During the journey, you will come into contact with many of Dr. D's lab creations, guards and traps he has set as part of his "experiment." Along the way, the player will also find useful items. The winding path through the Pit you take is up to you.

Mechanics
The game will be based on die rolls (I don't want to type it all up, but I can break it down if you want. Just let me know). Each player will start out in a random location on the bottom floor and will have to fight their way to the top.

The combat system will be pretty basic, each attack will do 1 damage unless there is a modifier (weapon, strong enemy, or "strong roll" or 20 on a d20) and all vital stats will be at the bottom of all posts. When not in combat, every stat will increase by 1 until at max for each action the player takes (moving from room to room, finding item, etc.).

The combat system will be based on 3 stats:
Defense - Basically health, modified by certain items (clothing, makeshift weapons, etc.)
Constitution (Player only) - How far someone can go until they climax.
Damage (Enemies) - Basically the constitution for the bad-guy. When this reaches zero, the player can chose to either finish them off (Kill them) or briefly torment them.

There are two types of attacks for the enemies, combat (attacks Defense) and sexual (attacks Constitution).

If a player's Defense falls to 0, then any hits will hit constitution.

If a player's constitution falls to 0, then there will be a climax post, afterward there will be a d6 roll to see if the player succumbs to the torment and fails to escape. Each time the player climaxes, their chances of losing this roll is increased by 1 (i.e. the first time to lose a 1 MUST be rolled, the 2nd time, a 1 or 2 must be rolled, etc.) Once that happens, it is game over.

Character sheets
Name:
Apparent age:
Brief physical/personality description: (please make human or at least humanoid, I don't know how well I'd write for the more "exotic" types.)
Stats total = 7
Defense:
Constitution:

Can anyone think of anything I missed?? Any one want to be the person to test this out on??

Last edited:
OP
Gatorbait

Gatorbait

*hic*
Reputation score
Re: "My Pit" interest thread

Sorry for the double post, but I'd like to try to keep it below 7 people for the first run.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

PERSON # 1

Oh so tired, I'll get to this in a second, I sweeeear

*edit*
Name: Nicki
Apparent age: 23
Brief physical/personality description: Outgoing sports girl. Shoulder length red-orange hair, few freckles. B cup, little more muscular than average but lean.
Stats total = 7
Defense: 3
Constitution: 4

Last edited:

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'll be a lab rat thrown into a maze. How do the stats get divided out? I just made it up.

Name: Ashley
Apparent age: 22
Brief physical/personality description: A pale skinned, slightly reclusive girl with light brown hair with blue dyed highlights. She has grey-blue eyes, C-cup breasts, but her favorite physical feature for most of the men she's been with has been her ass. Ashley's a student at a local college, going for a bachelors in medicine. She tends to have low self esteem, but the last few years have allowed her to improve her self-image quite a bit through her increased independence.

Stats total = 7
Defense: 2
Constitution: 5

OP
Gatorbait

Gatorbait

*hic*
Reputation score

Yea the stat breakdown is right. I'll get a hold of nunu and have the boards set up probably tomorrow.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

If a player's constitution falls to 0, then there will be a climax post, afterward there will be a d6 roll to see if the player succumbs to the torment and fails to escape. Each time the player succumbs, their chances of losing this roll increased by 1 (i.e. the first time to lose a 1 MUST be rolled, the 2nd time, a 1 or 2 must be rolled, etc.) Once that happens, it is game over.
Sorry if I'm pointing out something before you even start, but... You just posted that each time a person succumbs they lose and it becomes easier to succumb again despite having already lost.

Essentially, to paraphrase what you wrote, you said: If a person's con hit's 0 they climax and have a chance to succumb. If they succumb, it becomes easier to succumb again. Once they succumb, they lose.

I'm thinking you meant to have an extra sentence in there before the thing about losing.

Name: Jen
Apparent age: 9 (Kidding, she looks 19)
Brief physical/personality description: Jen is a timid girl who doesn't fare well in bad situations. She has short brown hair and gray eyes. Standing 5'1", she has a somewhat lean frame and is slightly less curvy than average.
Stats total = 7
Defense:3
Constitution:4

Questions:
1: Can I pull out stuff similar to what I had in the 'egg' game for my character if I wish?

Last edited:

Ryu

Lurker
Reputation score

Would you have a problem with me playing male? *points to assumption at top of 1st post*

OP
Gatorbait

Gatorbait

*hic*
Reputation score

Hey everyone, Just wanted to stop by and say that I will work on this as soon as I am 100% again. I am pretty jacked up right now on pain meds, makes me feel good though he he ^_^

I have no problem with that ryu, but I was planning on writing it as the player being the on defensive.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Could I draw your attention back two my to statement/question thingies in my post?

Ryu

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh, I'm well aware that I'd be playing on the defensive. Anyway, character time!

Name: Ryu
Apparent age: 20
Brief physical/personality description: Ryu is of rather average build, if a bit faster than normal. His main strength is in his legs, his body mass focused more at absorbing punishment than dealing it. He's got hair similar to a typical anime character: moderate length, black and spiky. Personality wise, he's a bit shy around new people, but opens up after getting to know someone. He's rather friendly, and responds positively to most approaches to him.
Stats total = 7
Defense:4
Constitution:3

OP
Gatorbait

Gatorbait

*hic*
Reputation score

Sorry, It's fixes Pheonix.

OP
Gatorbait

Gatorbait

*hic*
Reputation score

Coupld you go please put the character sheets in the subforum? Then I can get you started.