What's new

RPG Unknown/Hiatus RPG Maker [nakatogame] Lost in the island

jappetto

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I found this game:

Link demo vers 0.01a (this demo give just an idea, have only some sprite, the full demo will come next):
mega.co.nz/#!W44EjRAK!pEVcs1nUwQXCQBJJLWzhLeXx1ABkl_Chp4G6weR7lx8

I found this game:
nakatogame.tumblr.com
The concept look very interesting, the "beta of the demo" as he called him result very short but interesting. The quality of the sprite is nice.

One interesting thing is that: if you talk more time to people they respond in different way depending on the choices you have previously made.
And as I understand the choices you will made have a more significant impact than we are used to see in games like mass effect.

I spoke with the author and he told me that I could open a topic to help find bugs or things to improve.
And last thing is in English, although it is not the primary language of the creator.
There are no CG but only some sprite even if the author has confirmed that they are ready.

/*********************/
UPDATE:
In this new version there are big quantity of possibility to advance in the story, every single action can change everything (talk, listen or take differenct choice).
There are a lot of ester eggs and a solid introduction to a story (if you explore the city).

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
J

jappetto

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [RPG MAKER VX] Lost in the island

Update new version, this version is much more better than the last one.
The first version was practically empty, in this there are much more possibility that I have seen in already full games.
Miss the CGs and some areas, but it is very well done. He made a very deep introduction story.

Last edited:
OP
J

jappetto

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ok he updated the link.
P.S. Try to explore the city before go :D.

Last edited:

undeadclown

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Okay...but what kind of game is it. That's a good thing to describe before features like "you can make choices."

Is it an RPG? Is it an adventure game? What kind of h-content is it shooting for? Is it GOR? Is there just regular sex?

What kind of game is it, basically.

OP
J

jappetto

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Honestly on his website does not say much yet, I made a few questions directly to the author.
Technically a mix of deep story with choice like heavy rain + rpg system like Final Fantasy as i know.
GOR should be present. In theory, the story could take different routes: the sci-fi , thriller or simply survive.

For example, I noticed that you can get on the ship being arrested and taken on it (disturbing citizen,
places of worship or attacking the girl in search of the thief for a total at least of 4 infraction) or you can go on in buying the ticket.
He says there are different other ways.
You can save the dad of the girl or not (whit is concequence good or bad), you can steal money to the captain if he is drunk(whit is concequence).
Unfortunately I have noticed many variables and many do not even know what they are(need to play again).
Many times they change their speeches with different questions.

And unlike the other games not always good actions should bring benefits like in other game, he did not specify in what sense.
But it should be kind of "don't get always good quest reward" everytime but also "negative reward".

Tecnically he said: "you shouldn't know who the other char are, but you have to find out, actions in the game are not always what they appear to be".
You could finish the game and tell your friend you have played a different story or game according to your choices?
Of course, I also look to see what he has in mind.

Another nice thing is that, you can kill the thief, but for kill him you are forced to follow a path for example.
You can drive the story or the story can drive you.

Example:

Steal captain (consequence) ->use the money for buy recover item (food) -> use it after the second attack you riceve from the thief -> give the money back to the girl or not -> use the money
for buy the ticket or not

Steal money from the captain and buy the ticket -> use to go on the ship

Don't steal money from captain -> find another way to go on the ship

And you can combine all of it.

It also changes the effects of relational with these people after your choice and the future paths not only immediate paths.
P.S. Also the spawn location change if you do some action.

Last edited:
OP
J

jappetto

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

There is a news about the game, should also have zombies, aliens and experiments. I think for the GOR part and story.

Last edited:
OP
J

jappetto

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [RPG MAKER VX Ace] Lost in the island

New update post, is interesting:

Yugifan3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ha ha, that grammar. I gotta check this out. Thanks for the share.

OP
J

jappetto

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

:D anyway this image is from the blog, the last version downloadable doesn't contain actually the new contents (for what I know will be released in the next version).
Just to advise , the last demo is empty of content actually, just some choice and old version sprite.

Last edited:

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I would freaking die if somewhere in this game is the famous line "All your base are belong to us!" or "Somebody set up us the bomb!"

DrJackel666

Demon Girl
Reputation score

it's english thats a plus but i got the money for the ticket but the boat left and got game over...sure don't give you much time to get on the boat

OP
J

jappetto

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

it's english thats a plus but i got the money for the ticket but the boat left and got game over...sure don't give you much time to get on the boat
I reported this problem, he changed the time from 2 to 5 min, a bit more but he want to force the player to make a decision, in the shortest possible time, because there are many different way to procede (he said). He thx you for the feedback.

I think he is making a big project:

117 MB of game for now

For now i made 117 MB and it’s only the 5% of the introduction.

Perhaps the game may be up to a few GB …. I do not really know, but I can say the first BOSS battle is fucking amazing :D , give you a really sense of battle.
Just an update on how much big will be the game….

There is not only a fantastic story but you can also be able to play as a sim game:

-you can work in many way

-you can be a bad guy

-etc….

! More update are coming!
84 hour of work in the last week

So today I have maked the bank system , the store system and the job system.

I mean you can go in he city , make money or you can make you real story (different way from different choice).

I think I can add also the election of the president in the city and you can be the president.

I’ll put in this game everything O_O this game will be remembered as the most open and flexible game in the history.

And remember you'll need: food,water etc to survive.
For now he made 30 different location.
For what I know the beta of the incomplete demo is another game.

Last edited:

Raven4D

Demon Girl
Reputation score

And anyone found his new demo? Stupid site dontgive any links...

OP
J

jappetto

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The new demo is under work :D , should be coming whit the "sim part" : you'll need to work eat, drink , pee and in general survive :D for what i know.

MetalDemon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This demo is a trainwreck of bugs, barely coherent writing, and bad design. I don't really see future versions improving. However, that doesn't mean it can't turn out to be an enjoyable trainwreck, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Yugifan3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This demo is a trainwreck of bugs, barely coherent writing, and bad design. I don't really see future versions improving. However, that doesn't mean it can't turn out to be an enjoyable trainwreck, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Well, can be 2 things then.
1. Maps are still being worked on since its a early demo.
2. Bugs can be cause of scripts not working with each other correctly.

Rather then saying: Oh, this will surely fail lolz , explain instead:
Hm, maybe could try do this and, i found a bug when doing this and that.

MetalDemon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well, can be 2 things then.
1. Maps are still being worked on since its a early demo.
2. Bugs can be cause of scripts not working with each other correctly.

Rather then saying: Oh, this will surely fail lolz , explain instead:
Hm, maybe could try do this and, i found a bug when doing this and that.
My comment was not to the creator, but to anyone wondering about the game.

How do I put this tactfully? I'm not going to bother with any specific suggestions or bug reports because most of the individual issues are merely symptoms of fundamental issues with the entire project.

As far as non-specific suggestions go:
-Have fun working on the project.
-Don't tie your ego too tightly to the outcome.
-Don't get hung up on fixing things that aren't show stoppers.
-Cut corners where you don't feel like working on something.
-Don't spend the next 5 years working on this. Find a stopping point and move on to a new project.

OP
J

jappetto

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

-Have fun working on the project.
-Don't tie your ego too tightly to the outcome.
-Don't get hung up on fixing things that aren't show stoppers.
-Cut corners where you don't feel like working on something.
-Don't spend the next 5 years working on this. Find a stopping point and move on to a new project.
I do not think he's doing it because he does not like :D.
I'm not the creator, the only thing we have in common is the bad English :D (from what you've written I hope you did not believe I was.).
P.S. I don't think you evaluate a work with a concept of the demo. Is like when you do a sketch , you see only crap line, only the artist can see what will be the complete draw.
He is pretty much at this stage, just wait and see..

However, he is a good guy he try to respond on messages every time, you can try to ask directly some questions via tumblr.
I know a lot of things in advance because I asked him. is a person with you can talk to.

For example I know he will use colors depending on the psychological effect of the sentence, he has already planned everything..
Obviously he will not be the transaltor :D, otherwise you will not understand anything.
Probably also the map will be remade in parallax mapping but first he need to concentrate on the base system, next sprite and CG , next the translation and at the end the other things.

Technically, what you saw is a prototype of a bone of the skeleton.

I do not know if I'm doing a pleasure putting an old prototype as a link, maybe I should wait for an official version and then put it. I inserted only for the curious.
Considers that (as I can read on tumblr) the prototype I found is 8 Mb and he currently has a 117 MB version and probably will arrive in a few GB.

As I said if you expect a finished product does not download it, if you want to try download it.
This is what I know, I could be wrong, but I don't think.

Last edited:

Arucard1986

Reputation score

Well i think the game has great potential, but i also think he shouldn't take 5 Years for the game ^^.
My english as well isn't all that good, i mean i sure hope for it to be better in the game but on the other site all the japanese games i play with agth and atlas are worse.
He said the game is 117 mb atm but that doesn't mean much. i mean i played games that had 500 mb but 450 mb where music...

Anyway i can't wait for the next demo.

Mari Chan

Reputation score
Do not ask for a game for ANY reason. Asking for or alluding to links to game downloads is prohibited. Failure to follow this rule will result in an immediate 1 week ban.
link dont work, reupload please