What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker [Naughty-Netherpunch] Renryuu: Ascension

OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Update 23.11.16

I made a small update with new events for the vanguard leader Jessy, so that I can also upload several fixes for bugs and issues together with it.

Changes:
- When you use your teleport orb after Jessy's CG scene, and with the wedding system unlocked, a new dialog with Jessy becomes available at the barracks, which unlocks the marriage with her.
- The event with Jessy includes three mini games, and unlocks the option to fish in Aldlyn to get the Fish items without having to buy them.
- You can replay the trip with Jessy via the CG room, which allows you to play the mini games again.
- A bug with Mira's events was fixed.

- I found the issue with the black quest log screens in the android version. Apparently too many rows of text causes the visual bug. By reducing the shown information to a minimum, the quests don't turn black anymore. It's not great that I had to remove some of the details for the quests, like what rewards you get or who gave you the quest, but it was necessary in order to make the system work properly.
This change only affects the android version. The quest log will still show the full details for all quests on all other systems.

Downloads:
MEGA:
Hi-Drive:

OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Update 23.11.23

Originally, it wasn't my plan to make two fast but small updates in a row, but I wanted to update the game for some bug fixes, and it always feels better to add some new content with it. The next updates should have the normal size again.

Changes:
- An npc with a ! above his head will appear left of your castle in Aldlyn, near the inn, and start a new quest with Kurohime. Requires the previous events with Kurohime, and the event with her and Citrinne.
- The quests "New Blade" and "Bow Maintenance" finish properly now. For anyone who finished either quest but has it still active in the quest log, you can use the sparkling book in your bedroom and select [Bug fixes] -> "Fix quest log" to mark the quest as finished.
- I added a one time option to gift money from your country budget to the capitals of Dorgania, Begus, and Amagal to improve your relationship with them by +10.
- You can now use 15 Budget to request new trade offers from merchant from other contries on the trading screen.
- Two cheats were added to the sparkling book in your bedroom. One to improve the relationship with Dorgania by +10 with each use, and another one to reduce relationship with a party member by -10, -25 or to 0.
- Fixed a bug with the daily quests in the Black Twin Tower of Honor.
- Fixed a bug which sometimes caused an error when you used the main entrances to the castle in Calterburry.
- Fixed a bug with the White Silver quest, which didn't advance properly when you didn't have the silver ore for Allen immediately during the dialog with him.

Downloads:
MEGA:
Hi-Drive:

OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Update 23.12.16 changes:

When you go to sleep in your bed in the castle, a message will appear and ask you if you want to enter the 2023 Christmas special dream area. The area shows some dream events of the 12 party members, which give them permanent buffs, and you get tokens for the Christmas slot machine.
Be warned. Since the area shows dreams, not everything in it might make sense.
When you leave the area after finishing all 12 events, you'll receive a Riddle Key as bonus reward.

A new event starts when you talk with Lind in the meeting room on the right side of the sleeping chambers in the castle of Aldlyn. It requires her previous CG scenes, and that the marriage system is unlocked to the point where you can pick a wife. It prepares her future wedding by advancing her relationship with Ryen, but the wedding itself isn't part of this update.

In the test version for the war system (which you access via the sparkling book in Ryen's bedroom), you can now fight the battles for Norhall Stronghold, Whitestone Citadel, and Calterburry, after capturing Meddling Castle and defending Parverhill. Calterburry has 2 battles when you fight with the vanguards, or an automatic sequence that plays when you let the army fight for you. After the battle of Calterburry, you get a story sequence, which is the current end of the war system. In a future update, the battles against Amagal will become available after this event.
On turn 8 of the war test system, and when you make the right choice during the automatic battle at Whitestone Citadel, you get a permanent buff to the strength of your regular army for automatic battles.

I added remakes of full body CGs for: Alcena, Lace, and Lind.
Mira's full body CG in different art styles was changed to the same art style as her newer images.

The title screen music was changed for the Christmas time.

If you like my work, please consider buying the game on Steam, or support me on SubscribeStar:
One of the pledge rewards on SubscribeStar is the preview for full body CGs of Ryen's future children. The most recently posted CG is the future daughter of Mai.

Since 2023 is getting to it's end, here are my "New Year's resolutions" (or in other words, my plans and priorities for the future game development.)
A focus point for 2024 will be to finish the time skip events, so that I can hopefully end the main story in the post-time skip phase in 2025.
There will still be a lot of unfinished and missing content after the story is done, to keep me busy for some more years, but I feel like it's important to get the main story done.
The major part for the time skip events will be to finish the war with Begus, then with Amagal, and then the events of the war with Dorgania.
Another important part of the priority content will be the missing weddings. Brad and multiple side characters are scheduled to get married, and will piece by piece get their events into the game during 2024.
Of course, as before, I'll add some other side content here and there, but the time skip content, main story, and weddings, will be my highest priority.

The remaining part of 2023 will be used to improve the wiki/walkthrough.

Downloads:
MEGA:
Hi-Drive:

OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Update 24.01.18

Due to my vacation over New Year, not much new content is done yet, but I wanted to release an update to show that I'm back, and still working hard. 😄
As decided in a recent poll, the priority for the wiki update will be the quests. It'll take a while to get everything done, but I plan to spent a few hours of my work time every day to keep adding to it, so that we'll eventually get a complete wiki and walkthrough.

Changes:
- New scene with Zaleria. Requires her scene with Ashryn, and Ashryn's solo CG scene. The event starts when you talk with Zaleria first, and then talk with Ashryn when she has a yellow ! above her head when you get close to her.
- The entrance for the 2023 Christmas dungeon was moved from Ryen's bed to the present icon in the bottom right corner of the main party CG room page, where you can also replay other old Christmas events.
- A green book icon was added above Aldlyn in the alpha test version for the war system. It allows you to replay unlocked story events of the war.
- Fixed a bug with the replay of Vampire's beach bikini scene.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused Knocky's dialog to not complete the quest step during the "Orchel Trading Route" quest.
- Fixed a bug that caused Thaola's dialog to not complete the quest step during the "About Racism" quest.

Downloads:
MEGA:
Hi-Drive:

OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Version 24.02.21 changes:

- Act 1 of the time skip preview now has a dialog with Frall in Aldlyn, which unlocks a new dungeon area. [You can access the test version of the time skip content when you interact with the sparkling book in Ryen's bedroom in the castle of Aldlyn by selecting the "Time skip preview" option.]
- In the dungeons are level 80 willowisp enemies of different elements.
- Each time you enter the dungeon, there is also a chance for a special rose or rainbow willowisp to appear. They have a 100% chance to drop a special book that increases the level of a party member by +1, up to level 99. The normal wisps have a 20% chance to drop the same book.
- These enemies and the new item are supposed to make getting to level 99 at this stage of the game easier and faster, as level 99 will be required for the class change of the party members. The class change will set them to level 100 and increase their personal max level to 200.
- The boss battle is meant for high level parties with legendary raid quality equipment.
- After the boss battle, you randomly get one of six mini-games or a bonus area.
- The battle and mini-games give you points, which you can use to buy special items.
- The auto-save system is disabled during the boss battle and mini-game phase, to prevent save scamming.
- After the first victory against the boss in the new dungeon, an event will appear on the time-skip screen near the entrance of the dungeon. It contains events with Frall about how to use the emblems for the class change of each party member.
- It's possible to craft both legendary armors Belduro (druid class) and Airini (sniper class) in the nature raid for Mirel now, after she improved to her new class.
- A new full body CG was given to the icespirit Aura. It's just a temporary image, as a new CG is already planned, so that all spirits will have full body CGs of the same, new artstyle eventually.
- Aura also received a temporary CG scene. Similar to the full body image, this CG will be remade later. That's why I didn't make any events for the scene yet, but you can watch the preview of the scene in the CG room, on the "non-human 3" page. The full event around the scene will get added once the new CGs for it are done.
- The max values for stats (HP, ATK, and so on) were increased for all party members, to adjust them for the new max level 200.
- Bookworm? quest bug fixed (Quest didn't finish when you didn't have enough money the first time)
- The Christmas dungeon 2023 entry was fixed (allowed you to walk through walls in that area)
- New full body CG and character sprite for Alexandra Uscyra, the female commander with red hair from Lualombo in Dorgania. It can be seen when you talk with her, or in the CG room on the page of Dorgania.

- If you want to support my work, there is currently a -69% sale on Steam for Renryuu: Ascension. There is no extra content on Steam, but you have the advantage that all updates work automatically. The base version on Steam is safe-for-work, with an optional DLC for the age 18+ content.
- Another good way to support me is a pledge at SubscribeStar at . One of the rewards for pledges are previews of the CGs for Ryen's children, that are currently being made by an extra artist, so that they're done in time when we get to that part of the game. The last child I posted is codename "Reaper," the daughter of the raider Aelynthi. For the next post, the child of Neya is already in the works.

Downloads:
MEGA:
Hi-Drive:

OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Update 24.03.19.png
Update 24.03.19

The main focus in this version was to change the country management map back to a turn system, and to improve the overall performance, since areas like the sneak mission with Elly below the church of Calterburry caused lags and freezes for multiple people. I originally planned to make those changes later, but the performance of the game seemed too important to keep delaying it.

General changes:
- New events with Grey in act 1 of the time skip preview. Requires the "beach scene" which unlocks after her events with the female adventurer trio. The event is split into multiple short parts, which are shown with sparkling icons on the map. (Make sure you've selected act 1.)
- New scene with Mira in the act "Preg." of the time skip. Requires that Mira is pregnant and that you're married with her.
- Cheat skill to reduce a monsters HP to 1. (Available in the sparkling book in Ryen's bedroom. Works on the same enemies as the debug attack skill.)
- Fixed a bug with Mirel's skilltree after class change.
- Slightly changed the system in the background for the sneak mission in the church of Calterburry to get Elly's gun, as the amount of parallel processes caused lags for some peole.
- The "Health" and "Mind" values of Lace on her bad route in the prison is now restored when you re-enter the secret prison from the hidden bedroom. Previously it slowly increased over time.
- If you pick the option not to watch Lielle in the lake near Ebron, she'll now return when you re-enter the area twice, instead of appearing again after some minutes.

Country management map:
- On the country management map, when you interact with the big star icon to collect taxes, it now also gathered all values like freedom, faith, etc all at once from all buildings that increase them, and gives you the buffs if the value for the variable is at 100. This means, you don't have to gather them all by themselves, one by one, anymore
- Removed the system of "construction teams" which limited how many constructions you can do at once on the country managemet map.
- The real time system of constructions, researches, and so on, was changed back to a turn system, as it used to be.
- You need "Logistic Points" to advance a turn on the overview map. They are automatically generated all 2,5 mins after you entered the management for the first time after this update. The "Logistic Points" are generated limitless, so the longer you do other things, the more turns you have available to do things on the country management map.
- The new building "Logistic Center" can the constructed in the south of Central to generate an additional Logistic Point every 2,5 mins. (And there is a delegate who gives an additional points every 5 mins.
- An icon with a joker card near the turn end button allows to cheat yourself +100 Logistic Points.
- New "management screen" which gives you an overview of what resources you're producing, what researches are in progress, allows you to hire and appoint some delegates for bonuses, and several other things.
- The UI of resources stored was removed. Instead, you're now shown how many of the resources you have stored in the text that mentions them. For example, if a trade offers "20x Iron [5] for 30x Budget [60]" it means that you have 5 Iron in your storage, and 60 Budget available.
- Vanguards academy training +50 experience once per turn now.
- Added a new extra training for vanguard squads. The icon appears near the barracks of the vanguard forces after 6-12 turns and requires the upgrade of the academy and the vanguard system to be unlocked. The training costs 40x Budget and gives +50 experience for a squad up to the max level 10, and then has a cooldown for 3-6 turns.
- The following resources were removed from the managment map system, to make it less cluttered with barely needed objects: Stick, Plank, Steel Pickaxe, Mithril Pickaxe, Nail, Raw Clay, Roof Tile, Clay Brick, Sand, Glass, Window, Cement, Mortar, Cement Brick, and Fancy Mirror.
- Removed resources that don't exist anymore from the requests that appear on the country management map.
- Max storage value was changed. (30 base, +20 for storage building, +10 optional delegate bonus)
- Overproduced resources now give either 1x Budget per type, or 1000 gold per type, or 2x Happiness and Reputation for your citizens. Which bonus you get can be chosen on the new management screen.
- New building "market" can be build near Aldlyn. Requires the investment research. The market gives budget, but reduces safety when you gather it. In the market, you can exchange country Budget for gold your party can use.
- The business below the command center now allows you to spend gold to increase your country budget.
- New research in the university to get +10 Budget every 4 turns. This research continues endlessly, unless canceled manually.
- Researches for Battle Knowledge, Protection Knowledge, Magic Knowledge, and Rune Stone in the university, and Builder Knowledge and Magic Dust in the laboratory are now done instantly instead of having a research time. You select how many you want to craft when you select the project on the research screen. The text will tell you how many of the required resources you have stored.
- A new queue was added to the bottom right corner of the research screens of the laboratory and university. Here, you can spend budget to instantly finish the currently active research. (Instead of having to do it on the country map.) This costs 3x Budget per remaining turn, or 2 Budget per turn with an upgrade.
- Equipment is bought on the new screen or in the armory. 5x Metal + 5x Budget -> 1x weapon or armor of that metal. (or wood for bows)
- You can use delegates to get the army equipment level higher. This allows players to finally reach equipment level 10.

Expeditions change:
- Expidition can't become unable to finish due to full storage anymore.
- Soldiers aren't always "consumed" for expeditions, but sometimes 1 doesn't return.
- Expidition groups are visible on the management map while they prepare to depart. (only during the first few turns of their expedition)
- Expiditions rewards can be gold, budget, resources, or promotions for soldiers. There is a small chance to get a unique permanent buff for each of the medium and long expedition types. (obtainable and different for each of the 6 groups)

Trade changes:
- There are 2-3 trade offers on the new management screen, which are randomized each turn. They have different offers for resources for sale or purchase. The color of the icon shows if they want to buy or sell things, and the number below the icon which group of items are offered. It's always a group of offers at once, not just a single offer.
- Each turn, there is a chance for a random trade offer to appear at the border of Amagal, Begus, and Dorgania. They offer Budget to buy resources. Accepting the trade gives you +5 relationship with them.
[Amagal pays more for magic resources like mana crystals, Begus for clothes, and Dorgania for building resources.]
- There are special one-time trade offers that appear after X turns in the other countries, which increase the relationship with them by +10. Such one-time deals can give you a constant gold/budget income bonus.
- When relationship with a country is at 100+, it'll go down each turn by 2. Which means it's possible to keep increasing the relationship with the nations beyond 100, but requires some effort to keep it high.

- New (short) dialogs of Rylee and Carrie at Havaria Port when they are hired as delegates for the castle.
- The tutorial icon text was adjusted to the new turn system.

Due to the amount and type of changes, even with testing it for a while, the balance and micro management might still need improvement. In this regard, I'm happy about all feedback which helps me to refine the system.

If you want to support my work:
Currently is the spring sales event on Steam. For only two more days, Renryuu is reduced by 76% and can be purchased for only $3.59!
If you want to support my work, and see previews of the CGs of the children of characters in Renryuu, make sure to check out my SubscribeStar page at

Another way to help me would be to lend me a hand with the work on the .pdf walkthrough and wiki page
While there is some background information only I can add, there is a lot of basic things people could enter by themselves. And for everything else, the helpers could make a list of things I should look up and add.
If you'd like to help with this, either start to edit the wiki on your own accord, or come join us on discord at and send me a message. Thank you!

Downloads:
MEGA:
Hi-Drive: