What's new

Need help with problems

RealKorra

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
hey. i'm not sure if it's fine to discuss this here. i ran into problems few weeks ago, hasn't even resolved them at all. i tried few options, none worked because i hadn't found a donator who could spare their time to help me fix the problems in due time.

the problems are:
router (fixed)
keyboard and mouse (unresolved)
webcam (unresolved)

reasons i need it for:
router is for to replace the one i use by my family. i'd like to have my own router so only my family can use their own. they have been.. very snooty in my business you know.. personal relationships with boyfriend. it's rather embarrassing.

my keyboard and mouse is so old that over half of letters are wiped off, just gone. the mouse doesn't work too well, i need to get a replacement.

i have shitty webcam, not even HD webcam, so i really can't provide constant communications with friends on webcam. they can't see what i'm communicating with my hands. i'm deaf so i talk to my deaf friends with my hands.

price of those items:
router is 85
keyboard is 35
mouse is 25
webcam is 25
the reason that they're listed a bit more is because of shipping fees i have to buy them separately. because if i buy them together it will be $175 in shipping them to home.

can you help me with these?
my donation email is [email protected] via google wallet.

Last edited:
OP
RealKorra

RealKorra

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Need help with problems

god, when will you stop giving this thread a bad reputation. here is nothing that i have thought about offering in return for this. i just don't have time to deal with your bad reputation reporting ways. if you got problem with this, just say it to my face rather than to using reputation system ok? here are LARGE problems i have to deal with. my birthday is tomorrow. thanks anyway.

by the way, this is not patreon related. it's GOOGLE WALLET read it again :p

Last edited:

Changer

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I would venture to guess people are giving you negative reputation because people generally don't like begging. Especially when the stuff being begged for are luxury items, as it comes across as selfish. Double especially when a massive number of people can't even afford to replace their own hardware due to the state of our economy as of late.

Generally, if you have to beg for something, you want to do as much as possible to eliminate the appearance of being selfish. Offering rewards as thanks, the more creative the better, is a good way to put your best foot forward. As well, it's good to remain humble, as if you lash out at people and get angry you will reinforce the image that you are being selfish. It's really an uphill battle.

I know stories of the internet pulling together and helping someone out of pure altruism are all over the place; but they are shared all over the place specifically because those instances are very rare. Most of the time, people are very cynical (for good reason, thanks to the impressive number of Nigerian princes, and other cons roaming the internet) and it takes a fair bit of work to re-assure people that you aren't just trying to leech off of, or steal from others.

Reactions: XSI

chrisroxxx

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Maybe, get a small job for a couple days, it's not like you need alot of money to buy the stuff you want.

In regard to 'Changer' that's a luxury item >

Changer

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

As ubiquitous as technology has become, ultimately, technology is still a luxury. being able to stay connected with the world is important, but it just isn't quite up there with medical debt, or food as far as causes go.

chrisroxxx

Cthulhu
Reputation score

True that, what's the carnal order, again?

Eat sleep, fuck I'm lost!

OP
RealKorra

RealKorra

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I would venture to guess people are giving you negative reputation because people generally don't like begging. Especially when the stuff being begged for are luxury items, as it comes across as selfish. Double especially when a massive number of people can't even afford to replace their own hardware due to the state of our economy as of late.

Generally, if you have to beg for something, you want to do as much as possible to eliminate the appearance of being selfish. Offering rewards as thanks, the more creative the better, is a good way to put your best foot forward. As well, it's good to remain humble, as if you lash out at people and get angry you will reinforce the image that you are being selfish. It's really an uphill battle.

I know stories of the internet pulling together and helping someone out of pure altruism are all over the place; but they are shared all over the place specifically because those instances are very rare. Most of the time, people are very cynical (for good reason, thanks to the impressive number of Nigerian princes, and other cons roaming the internet) and it takes a fair bit of work to re-assure people that you aren't just trying to leech off of, or steal from others.
i could offer things in return but i do not have capability to do so. not until i am able to fix couple of problems. and so, i have to keep trying.

Maybe, get a small job for a couple days, it's not like you need alot of money to buy the stuff you want.

In regard to 'Changer' that's a luxury item >
i do actually have been waiting to get job at college i am studying at. i start classes in april 4th or sooner. plus i have been looking for job since 2013. they ARE that hard to find who will accept me no matter what, not because of that fact i am deaf

by the way, router issue was resolved thanks to my friends. i have new router.