What's new

RPG Shota [Nergal's Nest]Urban Demons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exsalent

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: [Nergal's Nest]Urban Demons

I have heard that the creator who for personal reasons has abandoned his projects, but you know if it is a temporary or definitive thing (it would be a shame).
Plus I saw on his Patreon there was abandoned writing.

Sorry my english is not perfect.
Nergall is quiting for personal reason, mostlikely for good.

ChosenOne

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I know that, but I wanted to know if it will come back or not.

Or will there be anyone who will take or buy his designs to continue?

UrusaiSenpai

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Nergall.. T_T y u do this.
Zombie life was a amazing game!
Haven't played Urban Demons for a long long time, i guess it's time to try 0.8.

I wish him best Nergall, Hopefully his personal problem will be sorted out quickly. ;'<

OP
Omnikuken

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Nergal's Patreon is now closed, Urban Demons 0.8 public [should] come out someday.

The Discord channel is still running though (without Nergal and with a new admin), if any of you is still interested in joining said channel, you can PM me for the invite code.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

There's also some semblance of preparation for continued work being done in the thread over on f95zone. Some people are creating new maps, one tried their hand at shopping existing artwork to create and alternate scene, and people are compiling a document for story direction.

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It's a shame, truly. But thank goodness he's going to release unencrypted versions so people can mod as they please.

maybe now someone might mod in a loli...

UrusaiSenpai

Sex Demon
Reputation score

It's a shame, truly. But thank goodness he's going to release unencrypted versions so people can mod as they please.

maybe now someone might mod in a loli...
He will release a unencrypted versions.

I want to mod your game, can I?
Yes. I will be releasing unencrypted versions of both games, so people can patch/mod as they please. (Yes, even you SmurfyBlue.)

Exsalent

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Does anyone have full save for last version?
In my save i can't get new teacher content to tricker.

0nymous

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I don't like the idea of him releasing the files openly one bit. Is it better than the project just dying? Maybe. Is the game going to be "finished" by someone else now?
FUCK NO.
I can tell you what will happen though - people will keep on adding "improvements" and additions to the game based on their own preferences. Already seen some voices elsewhere about changing the protagonist from a notshota to a generic dudebrah and reducing the ridiculous tit size of the women in the game.
Whether I, you, or whoever the fuck like those things that way or the other doesn't matter, Nergal's games had a charm to them precisely because he made them the way he did.
I fully expect cancerous content the likes of futa and NTR, now that it's free-for-all to rape his original project.

Kudos to anyone who actually tries to stick to the original plan though.
I know for a fact that Nergal coded a fuckload of his own scripts, so it's not like getting the art assets is the only difficulty here.

Last edited:

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

But can anyone copy the Glassfish (I think that's the artist's name) style convincingly?
I don't want to see the game deshota'd. That's part of the charm. If Nergal ever comes back, we might see a pull request on the modded versions.
An UD version with generic dudebro MC wouldn't be UD at all.

@ UrusaiSenpai
I freaking know that! I read the farewell post too.
You clearly failed to read my post completely and in comprehension of it.
myself said:
thank goodness he's going to release unencrypted versions so people can mod as they please.
This means I bloody well know that unencrypted versions will happen sometime. Sorry to be so blunt, but your unspoken assumption that I didn't read the post was utterly incorrect. Your entire post was unnecessary.

Last edited:

0nymous

Reputation score

But can anyone copy the Glassfish (I think that's the artist's name) style convincingly?
Or someone could just commission Glassfish?

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The game always had NTR/cuckolding. You fuck Jennings, who has a husband, as well as the black woman next door, who has a boyfriend. One or both of the milfs in the park are also married.

As for "de-shotaing", I'm not sure who has suggested that, but that seems like a fucking load of work as you'd have to rewrite the entire goddamn game as well as changing the majority of the animations. Certainly none of the people over at the f95zone thread have suggested anything like that. I'm not sure how it's in Nergal's discord, though.

Lastly, for artwork, Glassfish is apparently quite expensive, or at the very least, animation commissions are, so there's a pretty steep barrier to entry there. Some people considered creating a new patreon or some kind of donation thing, but that's very much in the future, and people are understandably very skeptical.

0nymous

Reputation score

The game always had NTR/cuckolding. You fuck Jennings, who has a husband, as well as the black woman next door, who has a boyfriend. One or both of the milfs in the park are also married.
I REALLY hate to be THAT GUY, but if "you" (the protagonist/self-insert/whatever) is doing the cucking, it's technically not netorare but netori, which makes it SLIGHTLY more bearable to my taste, though with me being a vanilla loving degenerate it's far from perfect.
The NTR outrage started in the final days of Nergal's Patreon once he people started complaining they don't want anyone else other than the default notshota cock goblin fucking MILFs in the game, even in threesomes.

As for Glassfish commissions, I hardly doubt anyone is willing to pay from their own pocket to fund them, so some other Patreon could help?
Also how the fuck are they expensive with animation quality T H I S bad? I'm not gonna beat around the bush, it's awful, I would much prefer Glassfish' still images for the scenes.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I don't particularly follow japanese hentai terminology, but that's fair enough.

I still don't get why people got so fucking up in arms about an inclusion of another male character for a double-penetration scene. I mean, Jesus Christ, that's not cucking, it's a gangbang. How massively insecure does one have to be to freak out at that? I personally don't even care either way. I think a dp would've been neat, but if it's going to create lots of online incel-drama I'm out.

As for Glassfish's prices, I don't know what would warrant a high price either (or indeed whether the people I saw talking about it simply meant that any animation commission is going to be pricey) but it is what it is.

A problem with Patreon, or any online donation tool is trust and reliability. Considering that the original developer of the proto-game, Wooch, bailed on development twice, and then Nergal once, a lot of people are understandable pretty reluctant. Additionally, from what I've seen, most of the more serious modders are also reluctant to take financial responsibility as they don't want to be in the thick of it, which I understand and respect.

So yeah, who knows what'll happen.

Last edited:
OP
Omnikuken

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Necro of the year : Nergal is back from the grave and re-opened his Patreon to continue working on UD

AnonTheHuman

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Necro of the year : Nergal is back from the grave and re-opened his Patreon to continue working on UD
v0.9 is projected to be a mid-April release, but most likely later. for anyone who wants the whole thing.

Also since this thread was necroed, I guess now would be a good time to mention Chilly's fan mod from f95 that has a decent amount of content in it. I recommend checking it out while waiting for the next official update.

cyberonic

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
version 0.9.1.2 is out

All girls work with the exception of Sarah. Dizzy only doesn't work on long progression. That said all girls might have some dialogue pathing issues but they don't break the game. (do report them bugs though)

Recommended to play on quick progression and follow the journal to the letter.

Bug fix expected next week.

reminder that those capable should become a patron so that Nergal and Glassfish can dedicate more time to development.

OP
Omnikuken

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score
New version (0.9.2) and a few patches are now out. Check Patreon/blog/Discord

thisandthat

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
anyone know how to get Mrs Jennings Address on the corruption path? The hint says to check in the school, but theres nothing I can find there.

OP
Omnikuken

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score
^ Cafeteria, there should be a glowing circle on the ground near a table

Status
Not open for further replies.