OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Nightly Rambles (Hentaispider)

Pale: HP = 97, PP = 52, EP = 51, Status = Fine

The inn in which she'd rested for the day was far from empty, but it wasn't packed either, and when Pale approached the bar she was seen to by the bartender only a few moments later. "We've got bread and chicken stew tonight, and there's still plenty left if you'd like something to eat before you go. It'll be three denarii if you're interested."

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Handing over the required coins without comments other than thanking the bartender, the vampire waits until she gets her meal and takes a seat at an empty table near the entrance and starts slowly eating her food - not having to eat was one thing, giving up enjoying food was another entirely - and listening to the people around her while wondering what to do next.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Rolls
Perception: 35

Pale was served her meal a couple of minutes later, some fairly unimpressive but nonetheless decent food. Or at least edible food. In the meantime, she overheard a few people mentioning the war with the orcs, and a few more mention the gemini, but largely the tavern-goers seemed to be concerned with their own business. She heard a few snippets about some thieves that had been operating in the merchant quarter of late, and of a party at some noble's house, but no one seemed to be plotting anything that she could hear from her table.

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

As she eats her meal, Pale wonders what to do next and listens to the buzz of conversation around her. The war or the gemini don't really interest her, and there are always thieves somewhere in a town like this, but the noble's party might be interesting. She'd have to get herself a dress of course, which might prove problematic...

Deep in these thoughts, Pale finishes her meal and heads out, wandering towards the noble's quarter.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Stepping outside, Pale found the streets of Lockacre still in the process of emptying for the night, as there were still plenty of people about. Nobody bothered her along the way, and many people even gave her polite nods, likely from the priestess robes that she wore. The small quarter in which the nobles of the city made their domicile was cleaner and more patrolled than the others, both by city guards and private security, and she found a particular concentration around one large mansion that seemed to have a larger than usual number of lights and people around it, while music floated from within.

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

As she approaches the noble mansion, Pale ponders her options. She didn't really fancy pretending to be priestess and she'd need new clothes in any case, leaving preciously few options. Turning to walk into an empty alleyway, the vampire calls out for the merchant and patiently waits for him to appear before addressing him. "Hello. I need a dress. Something suitable for a noble's party."

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

With a snap, the daemon merchant appeared in front of her. "What are yah buyin?" he said in his usual tone, and upon hearing her requirements offered Pale a fine black dress for 8 denarii.

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Selling the extra stuff. Pretty sure I should still have those, unlike the leather armours I dropped when picking up that bleeding priest.

Pale frowns as she looks at the offered dress. Black. Why does it always have to be black. For a moment Pale tries to imagine herself in a bright red dress before letting out a resigned sigh. There was no way she could wear something like that. Bright colours didn't seem to suit her very well since the transformation, and before that she hadn't had opportunities to wear them...

Pulling a pair of short-swords and the lever-action rifle out of her bag, the vampire lays them out. "Fine. I'll take it. I'd also like to sell these."

After the exchange is finished and the trader leaves, the vampire quickly changes clothes, folding the robes carefully into her bag and looking around before hiding it under some rubble and heading towards the mansion.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(I changed the prices of weapons today, but you didn't know about the change until now so you can take the money as if you'd sold them at the original 20 denarii value apiece, so you get a total of 30 denarii since the shop buys at half price.)

Selling the weapons didn't seem to be a problem to the merchant, who took the swords and the rifle for half their value before vanishing. There wasn't any rubble nearby for the vampire to change behind or hide her bag, but there were some convenient bushes that would serve the same purpose. Heading up towards the fine mansion once she was properly attired, Pale was stopped at the mansion's front door by a butler, who looked her over and said; "Good evening ma'am. Might you happen to have an invitation?"

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Somewhat annoyed by her failure to notice the butler before, the vampire gives him a sharp look before quickly shoving him against the wall with the intention of draining him quickly - it might cause a few questions later, but only if she accidentally killed him.

+76 grapple, blood drain does 3d10 per round + 3d10 PP. Enthrall if able to, otherwise knock him out.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Rolls
Attack: Hit.
Perception: Success.

Suddenly grabbing the hapless doorman and slamming him against the nearest wall, Pale was about to sink her teeth into him when a man suddenly called out; "Oi! You there!" A glance aside would reveal a pair of men armed and armored as private security coming toward her, while the butler was fast recovering from his momentary stun from being so roughly handled by the inhumanly strong vampire. What Pale wanted to do about this particular situation was up to her, but she had only a few moments in which to decide what to do.

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Pale swears under her breath. First the butler, then guards appearing as if from thin air. Thinking quickly, she slams the butler against the wall hard and headbutts his face, before stepping through her own shadow. Almost instantaneously the vampire appears inside, trying to make her rather dramatic entrance unnoticed if possible by appearing away from other people and behind some cover, if possible.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Pale: HP = 97, PP = 52, EP = 46/51, Status = Fine

Smashing the butler's head against the wall produced a loud crack, and the guards promptly drew shotguns and directed them squarely at Pale's face. The vampire was gone before they could make good on the implied threat, however, and she drifted through the shadows only to reappear in the corner of the large room. She had, thankfully, appeared behind a decorative plant that was large enough to mostly cover her, so no one in the massive ballroom took immediate notice of Pale. What she wanted to do from there, however, was up to her, as the place was full of people and included a stage with an excellent live band, a bar, a large buffet, plenty of places to sit either alone or at a table, and a massive dance floor.

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Stepping out from behind the plant, Pale looks around curiously. This was, after all, her first time in a ball like this. Her dress looked awfully plain compared to some others, but she supposes it would do. Though the buffet smells delicious, she's not in mood to eat right now and heads towards the bar at a casual pace, intent to get herself a drink or perhaps a dancing partner, whichever would happen first.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Striding across the ballroom earned Pale a number of looks, though they were all curious rather than anything that might represent a threat to her. Though she had acquired a fine dress for the occasion, it was quite obvious after only a cursory glance that it was plain in comparison to those of the women around her. She also lacked their fine jewelry and such, the obvious work that had gone into the styling of their hair, as well as their makeup, though her natural paleness somewhat made up for that.

Heading over to the bar, a bartender approached her before a potential dance partner did, and asked her what she would like. It was apparently an open bar, one with a fairly wide selection at that, so she could get whatever she liked. After sitting at the bar and sipping at her drink for a few moments, a young blonde woman in an elegant dress in summery colors would casually stride up to the place beside her and order a drink, a concoction of berry juice and vodka, and as she waited for the bartender to mix it she turned toward Pale with a friendly smile and said; "Good evening, madame! I am ashamed to admit that I do not know you. Might I respectfully inquire as to your name? I had thought to know everyone here~"

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Pale decides to stick with cider this time, and after receiving her drink, she sticks near for a while, taking her time to get familiarized with the situation. She doesn't have much time until she is approached, however, by another young woman flaunting a light-coloured dress and blonde hair with elegant hairstyle. On a whim she decides to use her given name - after all, it could hardly be tracked to her after all these years. "Good evening madame. I'm called April, and I just arrived in the town from Guardhill. And who might you be?" Pale answers, quickly coming up with a name of a small town she recalled passing through almost a year before.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The cider was delivered quickly, and proved to be of excellent quality but possessing of alcohol. Apparently this was not a party for teetotalers. "April, hrm? Well, April, my name is Elizabeth. Elizabeth Intrasidi," she replied, offering a gentle curtsy, but she didn't give Pale time to digest the name before brazenly continuing; "So, April, are you from Guardhill, or was it merely a place that you passed through on the way to our noble city?"

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Pale responds to the curtsy with the same, slowly takes a sip from her glass to give herself time to think. "Nice to meet you. I lived in there with my uncle and aunt, though you can't believe how glad I am to have a chance to stay in this city for a while."

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Indeed?" Elizabeth replied lightly, idly stirring her own drink without sipping from it. "Will you be in the city long then? I suspect that you aunt and uncle wouldn't wish their niece wandering about in the big city by her lonesome for too long~" she added conspiratorially, offering Pale a knowing smirk.

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

"I suppose they wouldn't if they knew. As far as they know, I'm not leaving the sight of my rather forgetful steward." Pale says, winking at the woman. "I don't really know how long we'll be staying. Probably no more than a couple weeks."