What's new

Nightmares Unnamed OOC Questions and Help

OP
Icelus

Icelus

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Nightmares Unnamed OOC Questions and Help

I think I've caught up to everyone. Please let me know if I accidentally missed your post and I'll get to it!

I'll be around today to continue posting back, and I'll try to be on regularly throughout the week so that I can push some momentum back into the game.

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

*wonders what a luck based check is owo*

OP
Icelus

Icelus

Lurker
Reputation score

Luck has a chance of affecting every single die roll in the game. (At least the Lucky and Jinxed traits do). You'll see it when it pops up. Maybe you should ask Wallpaper about some of her PM battle experiences. ;)

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

T_O Yeah, don't take 'Jinxed'. It seriously stinx.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

So how often does having lucky affect rolls in a battle or searching for stuff?

OP
Icelus

Icelus

Lurker
Reputation score

So how often does having lucky affect rolls in a battle or searching for stuff?
If you have the traits, they'll come into play a little more than 10% of the time. It doesn't seem like it comes up that often, unless you've got Wallpaper's real world luck. Then Jinxed affects you two rounds in a row, takes a one round breather, and then affects you again. :)

OP
Icelus

Icelus

Lurker
Reputation score

Also, I wanted to request feedback from everybody on the rules and general gameplay. Everybody has had some experience with the combat so you'll have some idea of the way things are working and I'd be interested in hearing everybody's thoughts.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

If you have the traits, they'll come into play a little more than 10% of the time. It doesn't seem like it comes up that often, unless you've got Wallpaper's real world luck. Then Jinxed affects you two rounds in a row, takes a one round breather, and then affects you again. :)
Or if you're me and lucky never comes into play?

Janna

Lurker
Reputation score

Also, I wanted to request feedback from everybody on the rules and general gameplay. Everybody has had some experience with the combat so you'll have some idea of the way things are working and I'd be interested in hearing everybody's thoughts.
My only feedback would be the same thing that we talked about privately before; having two or more people grappling a single character is really strong. It's probably realistic that a group of three people would be good at restraining one person but it's seriously powerful right now. You might want to reduce the bonuses if you want to give people a chance to get away.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

I'd be curious to see s'more rolls with charm and stuff. XD Having taken them, I'm not exactly sure who to use them on, but maybe it'll make up for all these hijinx rolls!

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

My encounters have primarily been "BUSTER MAD! BUSTER SMASH!" and although it's been successful, the character hesitation I throw in seems to balance it out pretty well. I mean, my last battle came close and my first battle? If it wasn't for the few rounds spent escaping, he might not have orgasmed.

So, pros and cons?

Cons: .... (will be done when I see any)
Pros: .... (I'd be honored to have sex with you)

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Wallpaper, I don't suppose we could switch off activation rates for Cara's 'Jinxed' and Jen's 'Lucky'?

OP
Icelus

Icelus

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm pretty sure that Jen's gotten 'lucky' once or twice, I just might not have included it in brackets along with the roll. But I'd rather you two didn't switch. ;) There's less fun that way.

Toxic, I'm not getting too close, that grapple bonus scares me! :p (Though I do appreciate your restraining yourself for the sake of being an even fight...)

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I just would have like one of half my rolls from my last battle to have gotten a luck bonus.:(

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Psh, don't flatter yourself, I just do it cuz I figure it's realistic. If he runs into something menacing, ugly, and weak, he ain't taking it easy.

"Buster sees what looks to be a dog in the distance, what does he do?"
"Buster shoots it dead"

I realize the situation is somewhat desperate, but who would really do that without really finding out what it is.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

So far I don't have any complaints about the combat mechanics, though I'm not sure how Melissa grappling the tentacle helped Rosie escape. Maybe adding something like a flat bonus to Rosie's escape roll for Melissa helping her would have worked better? Provided the tentacles didn't make a grab roll, that is ;)

I'm ready for another PM battle, though would that even work considering Melissa's in the other world already?

Janna

Lurker
Reputation score

I realize the situation is somewhat desperate, but who would really do that without really finding out what it is.
In real life? Almost nobody. In RPGs? Apparently like 95+% of the world :D

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Especially if your last experience with 'looks like a dog in the distance' involves a pack of them raeping your characters horribly. D:

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Not Buster, no siree. Bite first or nothing doin