What's new

RPG RPG Maker Shota [大人の道楽 / Adult's Hobby] ネバーモアエンドエバーモアエンプティ / NeverMoreEnd EverMoreEmpty (RE246809) (RJ246809)

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Guessing there is a "Ever More Empty" ending?
lol not quite, but yes. Normal ending leads to the "Never More End" while true ending leads to the "Ever More End" Though both are epilogues not endings.....
The Never More End's name is actually kind of weird since:
There's a bad ending if you accidentally make a wrong choice later in the game where the screen turns white (or black can't remember) and you get a error message that simply says "Never more" before the game closes itself.

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Close completely.
The game keeps track of who you've saved, interacted with, helped out, etc and this is reflected on the title screen. That ending (as I went back through it with a translator) actually completely destroys the world that's why the game closes instead of going to title screen. There's nothing left to reflect. Thankfully it doesn't pull a NiER and deletes your saves lol.

Last edited:

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Nope, not a bug. Obviously because of the message it gives. If it was a bug it would be a real error message like "Something or other couldn't be found or not working properly." It's not hard to write a script that exits the program from players actions.

As for the stars, no idea.

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
As it's not that difficult (if somewhat tedious) to check, it's actually:
Gold = True
Silver = Normal
Bronze = NeverMore

Last edited:

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Well, I'm only telling what I see.
That's what the controlling switch is called, at least.
I didn't follow it up with a check of when exactly it's set (even though that would have likely been easier than finding out about that switch in the first place).

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
...:sigh:...
OK, the switches are:
G: トゥルークリア (624)
S: ノーマルクリア (626)
B: ネバーモアクリア (625)

Switch 625 seems to be modified by the standard method (command_121) only on two maps: (1) デバッグルーム and (371) 裏ボス戦用.
There might be other places where it's modified by different methods (that's the joy of a fully scriptable engine), but those are next to impossible to locate, unless you know what you should be looking for in the first place.
The event on map 371 calls write_public_data after setting the switch, though I'm not sure how exactly that plays into being able to set it on the save file.
Unless it's simply set on any game that's started *after* the switch was set. Though I've got yet to check which switches/vars are covered by public_data.

Last edited:

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
You know....whether than going through all this trouble to figure it out.....the easier and more logical way would have been to simply load a save file without the bronze, head to that point in the story, save before the choice comes up, make the choice, restart the game, reload that save, then save again to see if you get the bronze star....

What you're doing just seems like unnecessary hassle for an unknown purpose.

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
@KHTA: if your last post was addressed to me, I have to admit that I've barely started the game, the examination was purely on the data side - checking for the two standard methods for setting vars and switches is nearly trivial. Checking for the general use of them is quite a bit more involved, even just in standard methods...

If I got myself motivated to do it, I'd likely come up with something much more polished than the script I'm currently using. Of course, by that I simply mean a better script.

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Made towards SoulLess Child. They showed a save file earlier that's in "Ever More End" without the bronze star, meaning it would have been a simple task to just go to the specified point in the game to test.

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Ahhh, so it was just a case of disconnect....I can understand that.

It's the NeverMore bad ending I talked about previously. Not the Never More End, but the one that closes your game.