What's new

nyaa.eu is down?!

Scud

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
The best anime/hentai related torrent site seems to be down. Plz, someone tell me what the f@ck is happening?!

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score
Re: nyaa.eu is down?!

Daiz fucked up on doing behinds-the-scenes updates, crashed the entire thing

omegau

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

If that's the case then it shouldn't take nearly as long as the whole DDoSing that was going on some days ago that had it down for about a week or so.

tentakuru

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

It was down last week for a few days. Then it came back, but only for a day or two before it went down again. 4chan was full of speculation that the Japanese government "bought" the site in order to to use their DB arrest Japanese H-game pirates, some other sites said that it was a DDoS attack from Crunchyroll staff. I think the truth is probably more mundane but I don't know what counts as a reliable source when it comes to the status of a torrent site.

Aurani

Unknown Squid's Husband
Reputation score

DDoS is a very serious matter, no way in hell would the Jap government or an upstanding company resort to it as it would have severe legal repercussion once it's confirmed they were behind it.
It's just some script kiddie doing it for the lulz. Don't expect to get a sensible answer out of some random idiots crying "MUH CONSPIRACY" on the Internet.
If they wanted to take down anime sharing sites there's several legal ways to approach it.

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

DDoS is a very serious matter, no way in hell would the Jap government or an upstanding company resort to it as it would have severe legal repercussion once it's confirmed they were behind it.
This. Piracy is a civil offense, but DDoS, as silly as it may seem, is an international crime
It's just some script kiddie doing it for the lulz.
In this case, it's Daiz being an idiot and screwing things up, but this was the most likely case for the first time

OP
Scud

Scud

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Daiz fucked up on doing behinds-the-scenes updates, crashed the entire thing
Poor guy, I know how hard it is to work with HTML, PHP and CMS systems. I personally devote to such things, it is normal that something goes wrong and take time to fix it. It is not something that anyone can solve in a minute, even with experience and tools.

thanks guys, you all saved me the suffering of not knowing what the hell was going on.