What's new

Nym (Ranger9000)

OP
cross_grave

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Nym (Ranger9000)

Elsa sighed at the mention of troubles, a bit of weariness showing in her glare. "Well, at least you don't mind being helpful... You'll have to speak with the others about accomodations, I don't exactly have time to act as a host unfortunately. I can't repair clothing either. As for our troubles..." She spread her arms around, as if trying to show her the entire village. "The mill isn't as bad as it looks and the other damage has been cleaned up and fixed by now. And I'm not sure how you could help us with our other problem."

"We've been living in peace with the local goblin tribe for a long time, but lately one of their number has been stealing food from our stores. We've asked them to cease and to punish the interloper, but they stubbornly claim no goblin has done that." The mayor sighed. "They keep repeating we're being fooled and that a goat is doing that... Hah, a goat. The food is missing, the stores containing it left open, and there's goblin tracks near the place. Some goat indeed." She growled, looking rather pissed.

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Did you put no one to guard the stores?" Nym asked, before she continued, "Well either way I can try to help with that! I could help with guarding the stores to see if we could catch the thief, or maybe go talk to the goblins. I saw three when I was stumbling through the woods and they didn't immediately attack me. Its not like me going out and trying to find this 'goat' would take up any of your resources."

Nym had to pull in a breath at the end of that rather longwinded statement, and hoped she didn't somehow offend.

OP
cross_grave

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"We have guards, but somehow the thief knows exactly where they are and how to slip past them." Elsa explained as she began to walk towards a large building a short distance away, gesturing at Nym to follow. "I think that he must have some way of observing our patrols undetected, seeing as there was always a pause in the thefts whenever we mixed the shifts and routes up, so he must be taking time to observe us before striking when he's certain he has our pattern. He's slippery too, the bastard managed to evade all of our traps so far." She stopped in front of the building, pointing at it with one hand.

"This is his favorite target. Our main granary." The mayor explained. "Fortunately, he doesn't steal much - only enough for one person, at most - but we don't want the goblins to grow too bold and come take more. The fact that the patrol you've encountered let you walk away unharmed is a good sign. It means that at least." Her features softened just for a moment, though the sounds of various farm animals - cows, sheep, and some goats too from the sounds of it - soon snapped her out of that.

"I doubt they will listen to you, goblins are notoriously distrustful. Still, at least they might actually speak with you. Unfortunately, ever since we've made the accusation they don't really want to talk with us anymore. And while I doubt it'll help you much against the tribe or proper warriors, a show of force might intimidate a lesser one into spilling something." She glanced at the axe Nym was carrying. "You look like you can handle trouble. If you managed to help us with this problem, without causing a war with the goblins tribe of course, we'd all be grateful. A single goblin is rarely an issue, but a group as big and organized as that tribe is not to be underestimated."

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nym looked over the granary, and wondered just how adept the thief must be to get past everything they put up against them. She figured that if whatever it was was able to figure out the routes so easily they had to be nearby, which atleast in her mind made her doubt it was a goblin as she figured the guards would keep them at a distance from the town right now. But at the same time, a goat managing all this seemed a bit unlikely too.

"I would prefer not to fight a whole tribe by myself yes," Nym said, not putting that much stock in her newbie fighting skills, "Well I will go see if I can talk to the goblins again, hopefully I'll get more information this time. Thanks for letting me help with this."

If there was nothing else, Nym would start to head back to the gate, and the road beyond, looking for the trails she had followed last time to encounter some of the goblins. Hoping she would be able to get some more useful information this time since the goblins seemed to be quite sure on what was causing the thefts.

OP
cross_grave

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Elsa nodded, though she looked a bit wary at the mention of talking to the goblins again. "Be careful. The goblins do not mind our presence much, but only as long as we respect their privacy. Deliberately walking into their territory might be percieved as an insult. Be ready to defend herself if you go there." With those words of advice, she let Nym leave, returning to her previous duties. Passing through the village, she drew some curious stares again, but the elves seemed less wary of her now. Vali was a little suprised to see her leave so soon after coming, but once she explained her reasoning why he merely grunted, repeating Elsa's warning and wishing the girl luck.

Walking along the road, Nym had little trouble finding the place where she first noticed the goblin tracks. Following them again was a bit easier this time as she was able to recall the trail she took to some extent. Soon enough, she found herself moving between the trees, but this time it took little time to hear the now familiar trio of voices. In a matter of minutes, she could see the patrol from before, the bigger goblin once more berating the two smaller ones over something. This time, however, they've managed to spot Nym just as fast as she spotted them. "You again!" The leader snarled, brandishing his spear. "I said to go away! So go away!" He didn't seem very happy to see her.

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

This time Nym kept her axe rested away from her enough to make it obvious she was not looking for a fight, "Hey hold on, I'm here to try to help. I wanted to know more about the goat that you were talking about earlier. I don't believe the pointy ears on it being a goblin stealing from them."

OP
cross_grave

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"Bah! Goat is goat!" The goblin ranted, waving his spear around and forcing his subordinates to duck in order to avoid getting hit by accident. "It just walk on two legs, not four, since it clever. And since it clever, it fool stupid pointy-ears!" He puffed up. "And gobs need no help! We's keeping goat and pointy-ears away just fine! You's mucking it up by coming back!" He pointed his spear accusingly at her. "I's told you not to come back! But you did! I's nice, but you's not listening to gobs! You's gonna run, or we's gonna punish you!" He threatened, advancing menacingly. The two smaller goblins were leering at Nym as they followed their leader, looking rather excited at the prospect of potentially administering some punishment instead of recieving one. For some reason, they didn't seem to consider her much of a threat.

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"You were alot more polite earlier, I don't even want to go into your guys territory. Just stay here at the border and ask you some questions," Nym said as she handled her axe again, and brought it up to easy swinging position, "So the goat walks on two legs? One last question before I leave you all be!" Nym would minorly step back somewhat just to keep from getting surrounded, "Is it living in the pointy ears town or somewhere else. You answer that and I'll leave without bugging you further."

OP
cross_grave

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"YOU IS in gob territory!" The goblin shouted, looking rather pissed now. Seems staying to question him when he told her to leave angered the tyke. "And why should I know where goat is? He's not here, so I's don't care! Not in gob territory! Cuz he knows he can't steal from gobs! Gobs is not stupid like pointy-ears! Or like you!" He ranted again. Yup, definitely pissed. Even his underlings were glaring. "You's too stupid to stay out! Too stupid to find goat too! Not like gobs! We's know how to look for goat, so goat stays away! Aaaaah!" Hmm, was that a vein? Yup, it was. "I's really mad now! I's gonna beat you up, and make you sorry for being useless and weaker than a gob!" He was advancing full steam now, raring for a confrontation, his minions flanking him.

Nym had several options now. She could try running, but the goblins appeared ready to pursue now. The girl was fast, but the foliage would slow her a little bit if she tried to retreat. Meanwhile, the goblins were accustomed to moving through it with ease. Escape was not impossible, but not certain either. And the goblin claimed they do know how to track the alleged thief down. And while their movement speed was impressive, the way the larger goblin waved his spear haphazardly while the smaller ones flailed as they ran suggested they had little combat experience or fighting skills at all. In fact, they were probably even worse fighters than Nym. Numbers was the only advantage they could claim, considering their physiques.

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nym would have sighed internally, but honestly with the way the lead goblin was acting she was actually looking forward to roughing him up a bit, so instead she gave a small grin and said, "Well, you guys asked for this to turn into a fight."

Even as she said that she stopped backing away and instead tried to push forward, swinging her axe in a heavy chop. Still mindful of Elsa's words to not start a war with the goblins, she aimed not for the leader goblin himself, but hoping to instead shatter his shoddy spear and remove what little advantage it gave them and maybe spook them into ceasing the fight right off the start.

OP
cross_grave

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Nym: 5/5 FP, 0/10 AP, 1/1 CP

Leader: 3/3 FP
Gob 1: 3/3 FP
Gob 2: 3/3 FP

The leader of the goblins charged from the front, his followers at his sides. However, though they've made some attempts at flanking they weren't all that good at it. None of them coordinated with the other enough to hit Nym in a blind spot while she was fending off another, so she'd be able to keep all three of them in her sights while fighting, potentially repelling all three at once if she made no mistakes. The speargoblin was the only one attempting to directly inflict harm upon her by whacking her with the spear - the other two looked more interested in grabbing onto the girl, for some reason.

Rolls:
Nym: 4 vs 8(-1) (miss)

Leader: 9(-1) vs 5 (hit)
Gob 1: 5(-2) vs 3 (miss)
Gob 2: 8(-2) vs 5 (grab)

The battle didn't begin all that well for Nym. While she braced herself for a swing, she put her foot on a wet patch of moss and leaves, slipping a little. She managed to keep her balance, but her attack went wide enough even for a simple goblin to dodge. The leader retaliated by smacking her on the ass with his weapon quite painfully. Meanwhile, one of the smaller goblins managed to latch onto her leg and was now trying to climb onto her and get a better position. She could still attempt to hit one of the others, or try tossing the bugger off.

Nym: 4/5 FP, 0/10 AP, 1/1 CP

Leader: 3/3 FP
Gob 2: 3/3 FP

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, that was an embarrassing start, a patch of mud ruining her debut combat round! Nym wouldn't let that stand, prioritizing getting the goblin off her before it did something like cover her eyes or something, she tried to kick the ride along off and preferably at the leader, if she was lucky it would atleast tie them up for a moment or stun them.

OP
cross_grave

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Rolls:
Nym: 7 vs 9(-2) (success)

Leader: 12(-1) vs 5 (crit)
Gob 1: cower
Gob 2: stun

Nym managed to successfully pry off the goblin clinging onto her, punting him away and into a tree. He landed in a heap, moaning in pain as the other runt backed off, scared by the display of strenght. The leader, however, managed to take advantage of the momentary distraction and clobbered Nym with the spear again. Unfortunately, as he pulled his weapon back he managed to get the blade tangled in her outfit. With a mighty yank, he pulled it out... And pretty much tore her clothing open, causing massive wardrobe failure. Destroying the only thing protecting her modesty.

For a moment, the goblins stood still. They just stared at her, transfixed by her fair skin, her bouncy tits and sexy figure. They were so absorbed by this, in fact, that they didn't notice her winding up for a revenge attack. A loud smack resounded across the momentarily silent forest as her palm connected with the leader's head, his underlings wincing as Nym left a red imprint on his green skin. That seemed to rouse him from his stupor, however, and the battle was quickly joined again.

Nym: 3/5 FP, 0/10 AP, 0/1 CP

Leader: 2/3 FP
Gob 2: 2/3 FP

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nym's face went very very red when she heard and felt her clothes tearing, and the stares from the goblin leader didn't help. She hit the leader goblin with a slap powered by her embarrassment at her own performance that left the spear wielder reeling for a long enough moment for her to bring her axe up again and try to smash the leader goblin with the flat end of the blade. The red haired girl being very intent on beating these goblins now.

OP
cross_grave

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Rolls:
Nym: 8 vs 11(-1) (miss)

Leader: 7(-1) vs 3 (hit)
Gob 1: 10(-2) vs 8 (miss)
Gob 2: 8(-2) vs 7 (miss)

Unfortunately, the goblin wasn't entirely stupid. He knew that the slap would likely be followed up by more beatings - probably from experience - and thus was able to get out of the way of the devastating blow. He even managed to spin around and slap Nym upside the head with the butt of the spear. The other two tried to assist him, but they were too wary of getting hit themselves to actually close in on the angry girl. The battle wasn't going too well, but it wasn't over yet.

Nym: 2/5 FP, 0/10 AP, 0/1 CP

Leader: 2/3 FP

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Ow, don't you know you don't hit a girl in the face!" Nym said as she got hit by the butt of the spear. Seriously, she was getting really disappointed in her own showing at this point, having made no real solid hits. Again she'd try to bash the goblin with the flat of her axe, hoping if she could take out the leader, the runts would just give up, otherwise she would be in a really tricky spot.

OP
cross_grave

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Rolls:
(Insert one round of everybody missing here.)

Nym: 9 vs 9(-1) (hit)

Leader: 9(-1) vs 8 (miss)
Gob 1: 4(-2) vs 7 (miss)
Gob 2: 7(-2) vs 5 (miss)

The next few moments were a confusing melee as everybody scrambled for a better position. Nym was waving her axe around in an effort to clobber the speargoblin with it. The aforementioned greenskin was looking for another opportunity to land a hit without getting his face smashed in. And his lackeys were looking for a way to approach the girl while simultaneously staying out of the range of her wild swings. All in all, nobody was getting anything accomplished there, though - the goblin was suprisingly hard to hit, Nym finally stopped giving him obvious openings to exploit and the other two were a bit too cowardly to take a necessary risk.

Such deadlock, however, could not last for an eternity. The patrol leader was the first to make a mistake, stepping to the right when he should have made a step to the left. And getting clipped by the blunt side of the axe. Letting out a cry of pain at being bruised like this, he tried to counterattack. However, the pain from his newest lump on the head messed with his aim, allowing Nym to barely dodge the thrust. The first one of his cronies jumped back at this, scared, but the other one gathered the courage to try and tackle the woman. Unfortunately for him, even though he had a near perfect opening, he went too wide to catch her off-guard, allowing her to step out of the range of his dash.

The battle was slowly turning now. The spear wielder was almost out of commission and his companions were looking more and more disheartened as he kept taking blows. Without their leader to keep them in check, it was likely they'd end up breaking out into panic. Nym wasn't in the best of shapes herself, but she was close to finishing the fight if she played things right.

Leader: 1/3 FP

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nym was grinning now, the battle had finally started turning in her favour a bit and the battlelust was getting to her a bit. Still, she would try to keep herself from getting caught off guard in her growing eagerness. One more flat ended swing at the spear goblin would hopefully end this little farce of a battle, and hopefully since it wouldn't kill anyone it wouldn't trigger further conflict.

Then she could look into getting her clothes fixed, and see how these goblins knew how to track the 'goat.'

OP
cross_grave

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Rolls:
Nym: 7 vs 8(-1) (hit)

Leader: KO
Gob 1: panic
Gob 2: panic

Swinging her axe, Nym saw the speargoblin leap away in an attempt to avoid getting clobbered. He was moving fast enough. He was still nimble enough even after taking that last blow. But unfortunately for him, his brain was rattled enough to make him make that one last critical mistake. A small thing, really. Just one foot slightly out of position. And yet that one foot was enough to slow him down a fraction of a second at the very end. Enough for the flat of Nym's axe to catch him and smash into his head from the side.

Flipping ass over head, the lead goblin crashed into the forest ground, dazed and falling unconscious. Seeing their leader get taken out, the lesser two began to scream in fear, panic evident on their faces. They began to scramble and run around, flailing and screaming as they tried to... Well, actually they weren't trying to accomplish anything. They were just a pair of lowly greenskins who finally realized they were hopelessly outmatched in this fight. Without someone stronger to guide them, they lacked direction and were running around like headless chicken.

Leader: 0/3 FP

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Success! She finally managed to beat the goblin spearwielder, and the runts seemed to be acting like chickens with their heads cut off. The shouting they were doing quickly got on her nerves and she barked out, "Quiet down you two!" It wasn't really the most direct order, but it was the best she could do and she figured they probably couldn't understand her anyways and would just get her tone.

Well she was hoping they would calm down she stepped closer to the now unconscious spear wielder, and picking it up in her spare hand, wishing she had a belt or something to snag it on. For now she'd hold onto it and use the blunt end to poke the unconscious goblin, "Wake up, I got some more questions for you now.