What's new

On Your Own

Beatru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I'm making a game. The link to my blog for that game is below.

I'll add more info later

CountMoxi

Demon Girl
Reputation score
What kind of game is this going to be? Like what are it's main themes or fetishes story wise?

AnotherLurker

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Interesting.. Typically when an RPG Maker game is crapped out we usually just get a dlsite link as the metaphorical turd on a silver platter..
But here we get a chance to watch it slowly emerge fresh from the source..

.. Well, at least he's not fishing for patrons.. Yet..

nanaya1234

Lurker
Reputation score
Interesting.. Typically when an RPG Maker game is crapped out we usually just get a dlsite link as the metaphorical turd on a silver platter..
But here we get a chance to watch it slowly emerge fresh from the source..

.. Well, at least he's not fishing for patrons.. Yet..
I like how your avatar is related to Yhatzee and your posts sounds something like something he would say xD.

OP
B

Beatru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Soooo.... I started writing out the plot/setting and I just felt it was really boring and terrible. So I'm changing it completely. Better to do that now in week 1 than wait until I'm 6 months in. This is part of why I thought it was probably not a good idea to share lots of info because I could just throw it out for this first week.

I'm looking for an artist. I wanted to commission Teh Dave but it's been two days and he hasn't responded to the email I sent him. I just sent another follow up hoping maybe he will take interest or maybe he just doesn't have time to check emails. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OP
B

Beatru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
OH he responded, and said he couldn't commit to something of that scale.

OP
B

Beatru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I found a few other artists but their websites specifically state they aren't taking commissions. Wow, I didn't think it would be this difficult to get someone to take my money. lol

It might be easier to just teach myself to draw but will seriously slow me down by at least a year. Dunno what to do

Dalurker

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I found a few other artists but their websites specifically state they aren't taking commissions. Wow, I didn't think it would be this difficult to get someone to take my money. lol

It might be easier to just teach myself to draw but will seriously slow me down by at least a year. Dunno what to do
You could say you are....on your own??

I know, I am a horrible person, lol.

Couldnt resist the pun.

Anyway, I cant draw for shit either. :/

AnotherLurker

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Well hey, if artists and commissions don't work out, you can always go for Plan B and do pixel graphics.. They're like the pepsi of hentai graphics.. Everyone claims to not like them, yet they're still in parallel with regular graphics in popularity.

OP
B

Beatru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Well hey, if artists and commissions don't work out, you can always go for Plan B and do pixel graphics.. They're like the pepsi of hentai graphics.. Everyone claims to not like them, yet they're still in parallel with regular graphics in popularity.
I think I'm just going to develop the game and hope I can find someone along the way. I'll make placeholder images for now.

Today I did this:
- track time function (change screen if it's night, dusk or sunset.)
- decrement sleep and stomach variables when time passes to track sleeping and eating needs.
- create bed event which allows user to sleep and pass time ---- it was (1 hour, 4 hours, 8 hours) I've now changed it to allow the user to input a number instead
Here is the logic for that: sleepNeeds += hoursSlept*(1+(comfort/100))*100;

before I go to bed I want to finish setting up the cooking skill.

Currently I only have one map, with some test objects on it to QA everything I'm adding.

Last edited:

sandchainz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Hm, interesting. I wish you luck with finding a good artist for your game :)

Monceber

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
So... why is this here? IThere's no game, there's no demo, I doubt there's even a POC for this.
If all you're going to do is say "I'm doing muh game", then there's a subforum specifically for that.

Reputation score
I Like to see how Gaijins Attempt to make H-Game despite their best Effort, Money & time Consumed, The End Result will always be more shitty than a typical Tentacle Rape Stand Still CG Jap Game.

Call me Cruel or evil or whatever, but i mostly laughed at the comments of other gaijins supporting the Shitty Obvious Super Long Results They are gonna Produce.

But hey, its a Free Country am i right? Do whatever you like.

OP
B

Beatru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Oh jeez, toxic people. I hadn't realized there was a development thread. I'll move my stuff there

Arkinum

Lurker
Reputation score
In terms of game design/programming, do you have a minimum viable product yet?

OP
B

Beatru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
If you consider the MVP to be that the game be playable, yes. I’m not posting anything until it starts looking nice though.

OP
B

Beatru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I finished the potion brewing. There's only two potions right now but a bunch of cooking items

OP
B

Beatru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I have a writer and an artist. Check my blog for URLs to their work