What's new

RPG RPG Maker [ ONEONE1] HENTAI QUEST ~The Female Hero & Her Good For Nothing Party~ / HENTAI QUEST~女勇者とロクデナシたち~ (RE155505) (RJ155505)

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Hi. I've been meaning to try translating a bit of this game for fun, but I've run into a problem I didn't experience with any other VX Ace games.

Basically, the Event screens have no text whatsoever. Usually with these games, I would just click "Edit Event..." on some NPC for example and start working, but I seem unable to do that with Hentai Quest specifically.

I assume it has to do with how the game's data is packed, but I have no idea how to go about sorting this out. I see people here have even done partials of it, so I'm hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction. Thanks!
OneOne1 uses a third party system of some kind for event generation, rather than the normal rpgmaker method. I don't remember what it's called, unfortunately. I believe the text is stored in an extra rvdata2 file in the data folder. Looking in the data folder for Matron, one of their other games from around that time, it appears to be "main.rvdata2".

Partials can still be made because they only use the third party system for events/dialogue. The database is a normal rpgmaker database, so making a partial is no different from any other rpgmaker game.

Blurglurgh

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
OneOne1 uses a third party system of some kind for event generation, rather than the normal rpgmaker method. I don't remember what it's called, unfortunately. I believe the text is stored in an extra rvdata2 file in the data folder. Looking in the data folder for Matron, one of their other games from around that time, it appears to be "main.rvdata2".

Partials can still be made because they only use the third party system for events/dialogue. The database is a normal rpgmaker database, so making a partial is no different from any other rpgmaker game.
Thank you for the detailed response, I really appreciate it.

Elsewhere I read about a method that involves unpacking the text from main.rvdata2 with TES Patcher, after which it can apparently be edited from RPGVXAce. So I'm now wondering if that works, I guess I'll give it a shot.

Shiryuu612

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Thank you for the detailed response, I really appreciate it.

Elsewhere I read about a method that involves unpacking the text from main.rvdata2 with TES Patcher, after which it can apparently be edited from RPGVXAce. So I'm now wondering if that works, I guess I'll give it a shot.
You sure that TES Patcher works? I tried it and It force closes on me I tried on the Bitch Dancer which is english translated

Is there any other program that can edit the text other than the TES Patcher?

kgnot

Reputation score
Thank you for the tutorial guys. I have no idea hwo to translate this fing game nothing works so tutorial gives a idea what to do.

Well actually may be is not that helpful. I got stuck on the second part already where I have to collect my party. I go into the inn with the scale and nothing goes on

hirukamitsuki

Reputation score
Do not ask for a game for ANY reason. Asking for or alluding to links to game downloads is prohibited. Permanent ban.
anyone still have the game?