What's new

Optional scenes

Goatpocalypse

Reputation score
Howdy folks, I was hoping you guys could help me out. I'm looking for games where the scenes are optional and the game can have virgin routes, as the title says for a very simple example shady character #1 asks girl to go into this alley for what ever reason and we can say yes/no stuff like that as well as scene on loss.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Honestly, most of the time it's simply: don't start the scene at all. If you go with that then: Magica/Ariadne, there are few more but I can't remember. There was also that dude on HongFire that had a huge list of walkthroughs + saves and he always was going for virgin route and then rest of them... Can't remember the name/link though.
Buuut... since what you are looking for is what I am doing in my game, I am going to shill it. No, it's not finished, yes, it's free. Link in my sig.

OP
G

Goatpocalypse

Reputation score
Honestly, most of the time it's simply: don't start the scene at all. If you go with that then: Magica/Ariadne, there are few more but I can't remember. There was also that dude on HongFire that had a huge list of walkthroughs + saves and he always was going for virgin route and then rest of them... Can't remember the name/link though.
Buuut... since what you are looking for is what I am doing in my game, I am going to shill it. No, it's not finished, yes, it's free. Link in my sig.
Thanks for the reply, I'll most definitely check out your game! Might be a tad bit of confusion because I didn't word what I'm looking for properly. I want games with virgin routes or where scenes are unlocked through choice not just as a natural part of the story.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Thanks for the reply, I'll most definitely check out your game! Might be a tad bit of confusion because I didn't word what I'm looking for properly. I want games with virgin routes or where scenes are unlocked through choice not just as a natural part of the story.
Hmm... Then I would say VN with branching stories. That' would be easiest to find. That however will mainly focus on male protag (technically, you can still get virgin route xD).
I really can't remember any right now, I know there were few where you could get pure virgin route... But again, it often focused on not triggering the scenes. As for pure choices... Damn, no clue... I guess it mainly comes from the fact it requires extra content to cover for different choice/branching.