What's new

[ぴちぴち画廊R] もしもエルフとオークがいる異世界に行ってしまったら [RJ435262] [Technical Issue]

Clango

Reputation score
1668617769313.png
DLSite Link:

Gameplay: This is a basic visual novel, as per usual Pichi Pichi Garou R fashion you likely will get multiple branching paths and options, but I haven't actually played this for one MASSIVE reason.

As per usual I downloaded the demo version of the game first to test it out, but before I even played it windows already gave me a massive red flag about the game: all the assets extracted from the .zip properly except for the actual .exe, which Windows Defender flagged as a malware. Looking at the defender report, it appears the the game contains a malware called Wacatac.B!ml, so I of course just quarantined the .exe immediately. Afterwards I went and uploaded it to VirusTotal to see if it's a false positive, which surprise surprise flagged it with " Malicious.moderate.ml.score "
1668617602921.png
Because of this I went and obtained the actual game, extracted it and almost the exact same thing happened, the same VirusTotal flag except Windows Defender does not pick up the trojan. But I have still played neither copy. I also went ahead and tested several of their previous games and none of them have this malware problem.

So at this point I have no idea what to do, is it a false positive? Or is it actually unsafe? For the time being I haven't actually played the game yet and I would like some advice as to how am I supposed to deal with this. Appreciate help.

Edit: So for some reason windows defender suddenly decided not to flag it anymore, but to be safe I will still run a few more tests.

Last edited: