What's new

Punisher

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfficerTJHooker

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Re: Punisher

Thanks for the link, troidato. Just finished the game.

I thought it was an all-around decent platformer; the art and animation particularly stood out. There was a good variety of levels and enemies too, and the music was also well arranged. Some of the levels were a pain in the ass (7... urgh), but that's to be expected in platformers.

I really would like to see a storyline next time, and maybe some leveling mechanics, such as better weapons, more spells, health/armor upgrades, etc. The developers may have been going for the traditional 'un-changing character' for the platformer, but I think those elements would definitely work and enhance the game.

Looking forward to seeing what else these guys make.

troidatoi624

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for the link, troidato. Just finished the game.

I thought it was an all-around decent platformer; the art and animation particularly stood out. There was a good variety of levels and enemies too, and the music was also well arranged. Some of the levels were a pain in the ass (7... urgh), but that's to be expected in platformers.

I really would like to see a storyline next time, and maybe some leveling mechanics, such as better weapons, more spells, health/armor upgrades, etc. The developers may have been going for the traditional 'un-changing character' for the platformer, but I think those elements would definitely work and enhance the game.

Looking forward to seeing what else these guys make.
Oh, do you have save file ? I'm too lazy to finish this game :(
Or may be a walkthrough cuz I can't find all coin.

Dontuna

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This game seemed like it was meant to be something more. A lot of the art is pretty low-quality and the general theme is that it's just inconsistent in character design. The most effort put into the art went for the title splash.

That being said, the reason I say it seemed like it was meant to be a much different game is the setting of his world. I get the vibes the creator meant to have a big story for it, to have multiple themes and to tell something interesting behind his character and her powers. Instead, it just became a fap trap, a mediocre one at best. What I came away from this with is that there was a lot of potential wasted or just not used for whatever reason, and it's a shame nobody might ask him about this. For example if you wait at the opening it simply says "Welcome to the punisher world," and that's a small clue.

I found myself much more interested in his world. What's more is, the bosses have no real significance to anything and all you get is a CG, which is ironic since bosses usually have some wild animation for losing to them.

I just wrote a review for an H-game and that is pretty sad, but yeah, a lot of this is what stood out to me, the feeling that it was meant to be something much more is prevalent. If I'm guessing correctly he also put a 100% save file in the game for people to use if they just wanted the fapping content, and that to me sounds like he lost his heart in development and just decided to present and share what he had.

There's a 100% save in a folder that comes with the game.

OfficerTJHooker

Cthulhu
Reputation score

In the game folder, there's another folder called 'クリア済セーブデータ'. Copy the 'save' and 'setting' files to the 'save' folder in the main folder. This method is probably better because I'm assuming it'll have all the coins unlocked, and there was no way I was able to get all of those.

This game seemed like it was meant to be something more...
I agree with you completely. The journey the protagonist takes was one of those things I found myself captivated with; across the various landscapes and battlefields, to end the wicked being at the top of the tower... or something. Gameplay aside, I would have loved to hear the story of why the girl is undergoing this journey. What is a Punisher? Where is human civilization, if it exists? What is the background behind some of the environments (such as the military base and the fairy forest)?

In the end you probably phrased it right: It was meant to be something much more.

On the other hand, a lot of old-school games have this same kind of framework where you have a static, and virtually 'mute' character who ravages through a plethora of different enemies and traverses through many different environments, just to reach their final objective (usually to kill somebody). These retroish games usually have no exposition and virtually no dialogue, so the developer may have went for that angle. The story itself may be told in the environments and the enemies she fights.

Reputation score

This game was absolutely nothing like I had hoped. I was really looking forward to blowing away street thugs and mobsters, but you're just some girl with a sword! The Punisher's not even in this game! 0 stars out of 5, guys.

Seriously though, it was interesting. But the name only calls to mind The Punisher for me, which makes me sort of wish it was something else.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

What happened to those enemies she was being tested on? I only ask because it seems enemies and CG's quickly ran out near the end of the game. Maybe I have to unlock CG's with coins so I can't even see them as a bad end yet? All I know is I started quickly running out of reasons to see the end other than "I should be close to beating it." And goddamn, what the fuck was up with that nightmare world

Xfrawg

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

On level 2 there this platform that appears after I hit the switch. I seem to not be able to make it move, and get stuck there. Anyone know how to get it moving?

danielson

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well, that was an interesting game... I hate guro very much, but could turn it off and it has such a nice graphics and the game itself isn't hard too (like no 60 moves or so), but you have to have some skills. Besides I like fantasies, so I liked that crystal stage very much :D (and it's SOOOOOOO BAAAAAD, that there isn't some yuri act with that sexy blue haired fairy boss, when I get killed :'( )

chuenlee

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

any guide to beating the stage 14 boss?
its kind of easy but yet difficult (and a bit of lucky too :D )
all the boss attack just run to either side of screen to Dodge it.

Boss attack
1.Fire beams of laser at random angel
2.Firewall (u can see the mark on the ground)
3.Acid rain (rain of bubbles of purple ball)
4.Fire 3/4 of blue homing missile ( SUPER SLOW YET VERY i MEAN VERY POWERFUL )
HOW to kill steps:
1.kill the black shadow (take ur time to kill dun haste it. it dun chase u once u not at the top platform)
2.hit the ball with 3rd skill go below it and use/ or attack with the up slash attack( ATTACK + up arrow )
3. back to step 1

Status
Not open for further replies.