What's new

Rare Treasures (roe2121)

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Cara Nialish: HP = 88, PP = 45, EP = 45, Status = Fine

Drugs and booze. Gambling and assistance. Dancing and company. Sweet words and music too fine for a place of such ill repute. All things one might find at Couron's Camp, a deceptively upscale looking establishment nestled on a back street in the docks district of Lockacre, where the rivers that carried goods in from every direction congregated and the ships traveling along them were unloaded. The outer portion of the bar might be fairly normal, a seedy establishment favored by men of lower class, but the inner portion reserved only for very select clientele - like her - was much cleaner despite the dim atmosphere and common risque performances put on by some of the members.

Cara had been lucky to be invited to the organization, one of many guilds located within the sprawling swamp city dedicated to acts that might be called less than acceptable in public. Sometimes clients were invited in, but more often than not the guild members managed their own business. As much as some managed local extortion and the economy of items procured through less than legal means, many others managed more active sorts of crime, those that the su-ku-ta refugee specialized in.

Many of her fellow criminals were here, some of whom she knew to varying degrees. Though the ratio of male to female might favor the former to a degree, she was hardly the only woman in the room. Though she was presently sitting alone in a corner, at a booth nearby Natalie the Blade - a local assassin of some repute - was talking quietly to Azlia - a half amazonian half high elf who had come from the North a few years ago, no doubt about a job. Azlia was as often a crew head as she was a job runner, and the brunette beauty flitted from role to role with ease. Neara, another woman from her homeland though one that had arrived some years before the alien invasion had forced her exodus, was on stage in tight silk lingerie, many of their male counterparts ogling her as she gyrated wildly and tossing portions of their hard or hardly earned coin into the tip basket. Any woman - or even any man - was allowed a turn on stage if they wanted it, and some of her female counterparts reveled in the attention and the extra coin, but it was hardly required and some of the girls on staff filled in when no one wanted to fill the role.

That left Nina, another local girl but a blonde where Natalie was dark haired, who was sitting at a table with Caius Grakkus standing near the head, speaking loud enough that she and the other two occupants could hear but not loud enough that Cara could overhear. Those two, in addition to the lithe thief, were Danny Cole, a burly man with olivine skin who was an able leg breaker, and Phelous, a fairly nondescript man of some ill repute who still managed to get in on crews from time to time, and he at least seemed capable as a spotter, infiltrator, or trigger man. Caius himself was something of a known factor, he liked to organize jobs fairly regularly, though he often made mistakes in the planning stages. Still, he always managed to talk - or bribe - his way out of trouble, and the group he was organizing at least seemed to be buying whatever he was selling this time.

Cara could try and join their table to see what was up, perhaps getting in on the job, but that wasn't her only option. She might go over and see what the surly assassin and Azlia were talking about so intensely as easily as joining the larger group. Bolo, the half orc who often organized his own crews and also headed up the extortion racket that brought in much of their money, was also always looking for people to help deal with someone who had failed to pay up in time. Of course, she could always wait, there were always options opening up in Courson's Camp, and in an hour an entirely new set of people might be around setting up their illicit work.

roe2121

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Rare Treasures (roe2121)

Deciding, to go with the smaller of the groups Cara approaches Azlia's and Natalie's table. As she approaches her demeanour in both emotionally and physically is as calm despite her thoughts racing between 'I hope that they allow me in on it' and 'Should I just go and deal with the half orc'. As she stands by the table she puts her hand on it before speaking. "Hi, can I join you two?" She asks her voice just slightly wavering at the end out of nerves a little bit. 'Please for the love of anything say yes' she practically shouts in her mind, she does look around a little bit to see if her approach and question caused any disturbance in the room at all, the ears on the top of her head swivel a little at all the noise and the tail swishes a bit anxiously in wait for the answer.

Last edited:
OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The two occupants at the table go quiet as Cara approaches, a natural enough reaction for anyone in their line of work, and then shared a glance. Natalie frowned, the sour look she adopted whenever anyone approached her without being invited flashing over her face, but Azlia smiled at Cara and said; "Sure, have a seat!" She slid over and patted the bench beside her, letting Cara sit beside her, and should the su-ku-ta decide to sit down the Amazon would wrap an arm around her shoulders and tug her closer.

She was generally fairly handsy, but even when she opted to nick something Azlia always gave it back, at least to her coworkers. Even that was fairly rare, as she generally liked being fairly affectionate... And oftentimes a little more if certain rumors were to be believed. The local gossip was that she'd been fairly chaste these last few weeks... And spending a lot of time around Bolo, even when she didn't have to. Whether or not there was any truth to such gossip, however, was anyone's guess. They were in a gang of notorious liars, after all.

Natalie couldn't have been more different. The Badarian woman was pale, and though she was young her face already held some of the lines of one who scowled too much and smiled too little. If she wasn't constantly sour looking and bothered to wear makeup besides when trying to disguise herself, she'd have been drop dead gorgeous, and it was often said that she used her looks to beguile her targets before slitting their purse strings... Or their throats. She edged away from Cara, maintaining her personal space while the catgirl settled across from her.

"Well, Natalie, why don't you tell Cara here what you've got going on?" Azlia suggested, reaching up over Cara's head and gently scratching the base of her ears. The assassin briefly glared at Azlia, but then settled her pale blue-grey eyes onto Cara and said; "You're the one what just came in a few months back? From the desert, right? Yeah... I guess I can tell you. Got a job, big payoff but too much work for me to pull off on me own, was looking for help from Azlia here. Gotta be an all girl crew 'cept one, just the way of things, and I already got the male portion of the crew picked out. You want a cut, you'll have to put a bit more than a few nights in lockup on the line, but the coin gettin' dropped on this job is enough to make it worth the risk."

roe2121

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Cara takes the offer to sit down next to Azlia, stiffening a little in surprise when the arm goes around the shoulder but does move closer not wanting to offend her at all. She can't help but make a small contented noise when the base of her ears starts to be scratched, making all the effort for her face to show it as well while listening to Natalie, both ears are facing forward towards her although Azlia feels the tail shifting side to side.

"That is correct, this place is certainly alot more livelier then where I was before. So, you have a good paying job... Sounds good I am certainly in... Although what exactly do you mean by risking more then just a few nights in the lockup and more importantly when?" She can't help but ask since the only other risk generally is death. 'Please don't say death anything but that.'

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"As soon as I've got a crew for it... And you'd be risking giving up a little tail in the course of duty. There shouldn't be much risk of a fight until after I'm done with the big part of the job, but you lot should be able to slip away no problem."

roe2121

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Cara's hand goes down to her own tail not catching the actual meaning for a second there. She then nods in agreement to the job. "Sounds good." She says going to continue on but stops. 'Should things go south I can look after myself.'

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Cara's immediate affirmative response seemed to surprise Natalie, who stopped short. "Wait... That's it? You didn't even flinch at the idea," she said sourly, "I expect that kind of response from her," she gestured towards Azlia with a flick of her finger, "but I didn't know you were cut from the same cloth.... Well, I guess that just makes it easier, huh?"

roe2121

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Cara shakes her head letting Natalie finish up what she was saying holding up her hands shaking them slightly. "N-no you got the wrong idea... Although that is probably easy assumption to make..."She takes a pause for a second to think about exactly how to word the next part. "Lets just say I am willing to do whatever is necessary to get by and if that means that then so be it... Probably won't be the first or last time I need to." She says sounding a little happier.

She then realises her words may of slighted Azlia she turns slightly towards her. "I-I didn't mean it that way, I'm sorry." She says her ears back in a submissive pose as she bows her head a little in apology.

Last edited:
OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Not the first time?" Natalie said with a quizzical eyebrow raised, though she quickly shrugged and continued; "well, not like I'm in any position to judge... Well, with you in we've got a respectable quantity, so I might as well tell you two what the plan is.

"There's a new brothel that just got set up downtown.... Underground of course, just like us. They aren't paying their dues though, and there's some fishy stuff going on otherwise. We're gonna go in to check things out.... Incognito, posing as slaves. Those collars are going to be real... Mostly, you'll be able to take care of yourselves if need be, and when it's time to bail we can get out. We're looking for info, anything the guild can use to put the coppers on the ones calling the shots and shut the place down, plus any lute we can manage to snag. Any questions?"

When Cara turned towards Azlia apologetically, the eastern woman smiled widely and scratched behind the su-ku-ta's ears a little more firmly, "don't even worry about it!" She would let Cara go first for questions.

roe2121

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

"Eheh.. Yeah lets just say I had to scratch a few backs to ensure that I got to this place safely and leave it at that?" Cara responds to Natalie before letting her continue.

"Umm yes I do have a question, these collars they won't happen to have any magic on them at all? Just plain old collars? That and how heavy is their security? Just wanting to know cause if things go bad in there and we have to fight our way out better going against a few rather then a big group." Cara asks kinda awkwardly letting out a slight pleasured noise at the petting she is receiving from Azlia. 'Please don't say that they are magic that is the worst case scenario here. Although it could be a little fun, haven't had that in a little while.' She can't help but think to herself.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Oh there WILL be magic on them, I mentioned that but maybe it wasn't clear... It just won't work the way it's supposed to. You won't HAVE to do anything, but if you want to sell your role you might have to play along with a few... Unsavory things. And the collars are going to make you WANT to do them, at least until you say your safe word. As for their security, we're not sure, but it looks pretty heavy. We'll have to plan our way out while on the inside, we just don't have enough information for anything concrete from here. There are at least ten guys who work security... That's a lot for a brothel, obviously, which is why we think something fishy is going on."

The more pleased she seemed with her petting, the more enthusiastically Azlia caressed her head, alternating between petting and scratching behind her ears.

roe2121

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

"That doesn't sound too bad... I was dreading that they had an effect that caused anyone wearing them to not be able to fight the guards." Cara lets her worries be known the other parts of the effect not sounding too bad. "Alright so plan from the inside that shouldn't be too bad of an issue" She adds on her voice getting a bit of a higher pitched when Azlia scratches behind her ears. "So the other question is when are we looking to do it?" She asks to ensure she knows the time frame shifting a little in her seat due to the petting

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Tomorrow," Natalie replied, "there we'll get together just before noon, get dressed up, and get snuck into a slaver market and sold."

roe2121

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

"O-okay, meet here? hnnn" Amystra asks a question ending in a slight pleasured noise with her eyes squeezing shut for a second.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Yup," Natalie confirmed, after which Cara could ask any further questions, or stay and endure more of Azlia's petting, or go off and try to do something else for a while now that she had a job lined up.