What's new

[WIP - Partial] [RE205566] Repure Aria 2 In Production Version

Inspector_Whatsup

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Well, while it may not be the best idea to do it before updates stop releasing, I'm currently trying my hand at it nevertheless. It's a very arduous process with the amount of fornatting that goes into it, so for now I'm focusing on developing some tools to make it a bit easier. I'll also be keeping a copy of the current version for a side-by-side comparison once the new one releases - unlike the .exe itself, the dialogues at least won't require as much effort to adjust, given their flexibility
That's really nice of you, but for the sake of keeping things together, could I ask you to focus on the other thread for this game? The way it looks, that's where the game's being actively discussed, so I'd say it's better to leave this one behind - the in-production version was basically just the demo, anyway.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm retarded. Sorry.

Last edited:

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
I know they have different RJ numbers, but what you linked is the discussion thread, and this is the translation thread. Translations are supposed to be separate from the main discussions, per current rules.

Inspector_Whatsup

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I know they have different RJ numbers, but what you linked is the discussion thread, and this is the translation thread. Translations are supposed to be separate from the main discussions, per current rules.
I... I only just realized that, as well. Goddammit. I'm really sorry about that!

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
I mean, since the RJ numbers are different, I can totally understand.

I'm happy to see that there's an interest in translating this game in general. IIRC, the first game never got one, right?

Vexin

Sprite Modder
Reputation score
I mean, since the RJ numbers are different, I can totally understand.

I'm happy to see that there's an interest in translating this game in general. IIRC, the first game never got one, right?
First game did get an English translation for almost all text in game minus some of the text within the dictionary and the .exe itself.

Reputation score
I think it's time for a quick summary of the progress so far:
The formatting script for the dialogue files is about 95% done. I've refined it to the best of my abilities, and though it has a few restrictions and imperfections, it works just fine most of the times.
This should allow me to focus exclusively on translating without bothering with counting symbols every goddamn line.
The next big thing to do is to make a comprehensive list of line headers to determine to whom they belong to without looking it up in the game, otherwise I'm bound to mess up the context of some conversations (which I've already done the first time around)
I'd been taking a vacation from work these past 10 days, so progress is still a bit slow, but so far Ch1 is almost done. I'll consider uploading the translation in parts, as soon as I finish every 2 chapters, though that's still not decided

djweish

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Is the translation still ongoing? I see version 1.21 was recently released, so maybe a few more bug fix releases and then there might be a full enough game to start work on.

Hi10Foo

Reputation score
If somebody wants to translate the strings in the executable, here's a patch file for v1.21 (without any translations in it yet) that can be edited and then applied using a patching tool I created. (It's a pretty simple tool, but you might want to read the README before starting.)

Don't worry too much that v1.21 isn't the latest version. The tool can apply patches to a newer version of a file and it will mostly just work.

Edit: To prove the point, I've also attached the RPA1 translation patch applied to RPA2 and then reversed into a patch again. About 2/3 of the patch applied successfully. It doesn't make the game playable, but it's a start.

Attachments

Last edited:

kiomaru1

Reputation score
how do you apply the patch ? i followed the instructions but it just removes all ingame dialogues

Hi10Foo

Reputation score
how do you apply the patch ? i followed the instructions but it just removes all ingame dialogues
If you're talking about the patch I posted, it doesn't translate any significant portion of the game. It mostly just translates the Japanese text to the exact same Japanese text. Somebody needs to do the actual translation work on the patch file. It's just a starting point for someone else so that they don't have to painstakingly apply their translations using a hex editor, like someone did with the previous game. It also doesn't touch the dialog; that's in event2.dxa, not in the executable.

If you're talking about the patch in post #1, that's for an early version of the game and probably won't work well on any recent version.

Last edited:

djweish

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
can you show me a video how to do it please because I don't know how
If you're talking about how to use Hi10Foo's patcher, the full instructions are in the Readme that comes with it. I've found it pretty easy to use (much better than doing it within a hex editor!).