What's new

[yomitim] Repure Aria Sequel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowsplosion

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Repure Aria Sequel?

The first Repure game is still my favorite h-game after all this time, and I've played a lot of h-games since then. I'm happy to see it's finally getting closer to release!

Nice, after all these years, another Repure Aria! I hope I can help translate again, and hopefully it's easier this time than doing it in hex! ^^;
You could maybe set up a patreon for working on translations in your spare time, like the guy that translated Lulu Farea :D

Seikatsu

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

is this really a Sequel?
when i tried to play it the mc has no memories of the past or niether did he mention about the other girls plus even innocent/pure has no past memories but i do still like her personality like her old hahaha

zarion

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Does this retard not know he's replying to someone who has sold two highly successful games on DLSite? So yeah, "mister industry insider" indeed.
"Highly successful" is very subjective. By present day standards? Yeah it is successful. By standards 5-8 years ago? It's ok. Also repure and lilim both outsell his "highly successful" games, and yet he's sitting here throwing shit at the dev for giving away a good chunk of the game for literally just a dollar. Please, Kyreiru here charges double of that per single character animation on his patreon. He's the last person who should be criticizing the developers' decision to sell a demo.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

is this really a Sequel?
when i tried to play it the mc has no memories of the past or niether did he mention about the other girls plus even innocent/pure has no past memories but i do still like her personality like her old hahaha
I think the developer comments say it takes place in the same setting, but its a different set of protagonists.

unkownmyriad

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I can't tell if I'm just shit at the game or if it's legitimately difficult, but I can't get passed the first boss (that shadow blob thing).

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I can't tell if I'm just shit at the game or if it's legitimately difficult, but I can't get passed the first boss (that shadow blob thing).
It's a little difficult, try using the down arrow+attack, the one that has the orb come out. It gives a bit better range

zer_0

Demon Girl
Reputation score

there's a new post in his blog, about a mini-game (?)

but i can't really understand just with google translate

Inspector_Whatsup

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

"Highly successful" is very subjective. By present day standards? Yeah it is successful. By standards 5-8 years ago? It's ok. Also repure and lilim both outsell his "highly successful" games, and yet he's sitting here throwing shit at the dev for giving away a good chunk of the game for literally just a dollar. Please, Kyreiru here charges double of that per single character animation on his patreon. He's the last person who should be criticizing the developers' decision to sell a demo.
There's so much wrong with this mentality...

For starters, Patreon is a support platform, nobody has to pay for anything. He releases the animation to the public for everyone to see. Those who give Kyrieru (or anyone on Patreon) money do so of their own accord. The only exception to this is when someone locks content to Patrons-only mode, which would be objectionable if such Patron-only content included demos or somesuch stuff.
Then there's the fact that it's still a demo. No matter how big or small a demo is, it's still supposed to be a demonstration of the final product, something to persuade potential buyers into purchasing the full version of the game. But this first look is locked behind a (small, but still very existent) paywall. It's not a matter of price-to-value balancing, it's a matter of principle.

zarion

Cthulhu
Reputation score

It's a fucking dollar. Back in my day demos came with 20 dollar games magazines. And you're not even forced to buy it. The DLsite entry now includes a free version of the demo, which is the exact same fucking thing.

shadowman

Lurker
Reputation score

For starters, Patreon is a support platform, nobody has to pay for anything. He releases the animation to the public for everyone to see. Those who give Kyrieru (or anyone on Patreon) money do so of their own accord. The only exception to this is when someone locks content to Patrons-only mode, which would be objectionable if such Patron-only content included demos or somesuch stuff.
Then there's the fact that it's still a demo. No matter how big or small a demo is, it's still supposed to be a demonstration of the final product, something to persuade potential buyers into purchasing the full version of the game. But this first look is locked behind a (small, but still very existent) paywall. It's not a matter of price-to-value balancing, it's a matter of principle.
1. You say patreon is a volunteer service, Allowing people access to a project earlier than others by throwing a little money the Dev's Way. That's literally exactly what this 1 dollar demo does. No one is forced to pay for it. (Most people went to nyaa anyway, Let's be honest).

2. Whether or not people are willing to pay money for a demo is a fantastic way to gauge interest. If this demo got no sales, You'd have a point. The fact is, however people deemed this dev's work worthy of rewarding. This simply shows interest in one's product. (Probably more-so because people are willing to throw down for it.)

Agree with it or not, Pay for it or don't. The fact is, it was a successful attention grabber and likely a motivator for the Dev's to hurry up and produce a finished game to claim the rest of that dosh!

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Somehow I think that would just represent how loose people are with their wallets these days. They could probably add DLC, expansions, split the game into 3 parts, update the game .1 percent and charge for each update and even add micro transactions and people would still pay for it. The principled mind is non existent these days, it's all about self gratification, consumerism and probably the hormones to some extent. To fap is to have hentai, fresh and ready makes for a better fap. This all hurts the poor folk mostly, but most of them depend on piracy anyway.

Last edited:

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

So true, so very true. "Paid-for demo" is an oxymoron. No matter how big or small a demo is, no matter how much content gets put into a demo, if it's not free, it's not truly a demo. Because the entire concept of a demo is to try BEFORE you buy.

Patreon "demos" are not demos if you have to support the Patreon before you can try them. DL Site "demos" are not demos if you have to input your credit card to get them.

It's a fucking dollar. Back in my day demos came with 20 dollar games magazines. And you're not even forced to buy it. The DLsite entry now includes a free version of the demo, which is the exact same fucking thing.
Well back in my day, all demos were free because, by definition, that's what a demo is. Like I said, "try before you buy" is what a demo is. Anything else is not a demo.

And as far as non-demo RePure goes, regardless of whether or not you call it a demo, you're still paying money for a fraction of the full content. Regardless of whether or not it's "paying for an early release to get the full game later," it's still paying money for an incomplete game with no guarantee of the game even being finished. Regardless of "oh, it's only a dollar" it's enough to get people to sniff out a scam. Regardless of "they made two quality games already" it's been only two games over, what, 10 years?

For these reasons and more, it's enough to make plenty of people skeptical and understandably shrewd, which is why many people don't "buy in" to Patreon/Kickstarter/early-purchase mentality. So many developers practice this and so many consumers have gotten burned by developers to practice this to the point that people simply don't trust developers who practice early buy-ins. The very idea of buying part of something incomplete is justification for anyone to withhold their cash and pay in full once the product is complete.

Last edited:

Inspector_Whatsup

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

1. You say patreon is a volunteer service, Allowing people access to a project earlier than others by throwing a little money the Dev's Way. That's literally exactly what this 1 dollar demo does. No one is forced to pay for it. (Most people went to nyaa anyway, Let's be honest).

2. Whether or not people are willing to pay money for a demo is a fantastic way to gauge interest. If this demo got no sales, You'd have a point. The fact is, however people deemed this dev's work worthy of rewarding. This simply shows interest in one's product. (Probably more-so because people are willing to throw down for it.)

Agree with it or not, Pay for it or don't. The fact is, it was a successful attention grabber and likely a motivator for the Dev's to hurry up and produce a finished game to claim the rest of that dosh!
1.) Yes, people either pay for the demo, or they don't get legal access to it. Simple as that. And even with a free demo having been made available by now, that just shows that the dev's didn't even care about their little penny pit, they just did it because they could, not because there was any justification for it. Rip off a bunch of idiots, then leave the free version behind to distract the rest.
A proper Patreon makes all content available to everyone, paying or not. This demo is basically what a bad Patreon does - an arbitrary paywall. They could've done the honest thing and open up a Patreon/Enty, make the demo public and ask for support instead of holding a demo hostage, but they chose poorly.

2.) No, the demo actually doing well shows how much consumers have lost their standards. They were willing to pay actual money for something that is designed to be free of charge - a demonstration. That's dumb, turn it how you want. You don't pay for food samples in a supermarket, either, do you? Or buy a movie trailer before you can watch it?

The fact that a hentai game developer resorts to a rip-off practice as an attention-grabber mostly goes to show how little faith he has in the success of his project on its own. You even defending this pathetic notion is just sad.

Cryhteral

Demon Girl
Reputation score

can we make a new thread for this game? Cause this one is cancer.

Drakeero

Lurker
Reputation score

can we make a new thread for this game? Cause this one is cancer.
Stage 3, pushing Stage 4. Likely terminal. If there is any hope of treatment this thread needs immediate tender loving care from a moderator.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

Well back in my day, all demos were free because, by definition, that's what a demo is. Like I said, "try before you buy" is what a demo is. Anything else is not a demo.
Sorry you can look up the definition of the word, nothing about a 'demo' suggests it MUST be free to quality as a demo.

A demo is just literally a unfinished version of a product or such. Nothing ever remotely says it must be free. It's just they usually are, because that's a good way to get people to try it.

SSAccount!

Demon Girl
Reputation score

*sees more patreon/itch/etc shitposting discussion*

aaanyways..

He says that theres going to be a mini game inside of it.
Jap>
●おまけとしてアップデートで追加予定のミニゲーム
実はクリックおさわりゲームのようなものをリピュアリア2のプログラム内で作りかけてたのがすでにあったのですが、プログラムが一緒だと今後ややこしい事になりそうな気もするので、別に分けて入れる事にしました。こちらはなるべく時間はかけない予定です。背景は固定画面にするかどうかも含めて考え中… あと余裕があればゲームとは切り離した絵的なおまけも何か入れたいです…
Eng>
● Mini game scheduled to be added as an extra as an extra
Actually, I had already made something like a click-through game inside the program of Repearia 2, but since I feel that it is going to be confusing in the future if the program is together, put it separately I made it. This is not planned as much as possible. I am thinking about whether to make the background a fixed screen or not ... I want to put something pictorial extra separated from the game if there is more room ...

If you wanna discuss patreon and things as such, thats ok, but do it somewhere else where it matters so that a game discussion thread doesnt end with 200 pages where half of them are not related to the game at all.

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Saw that post, I like where some of that hair is going :3. Wondering if I missed the click through game the dev talked about though...

And yea, having another Patreon/Western flame war on here won't benefit anyone, this thread is somewhat more relevant:
http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?p=1002888#post1002888

If it doesn't suit, I or someone else can make a thread in the EE section, or can use the legitimate shitposting thread for the forum. Just don't want to see a game thread locked for an off-topic reason... again.

archanist123

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Have we moved to a new thread or is this one dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.